Meeting and greeting [p]
[html]

Private for Cain/ Kitty <3 Can we please forward date this to the 27th? Just so the girl's can make their way up?

The early morning light was a cool blue at the moment, giving the lands a dim glow, the sky was filled with clouds as the sun began to appear over the horizon, suggesting that there might be rain on the way later in the day. The green grass was covered in small droplets of dew, the whole land seeming rather damp this morning. The dawn chorus was a lot quieter than it had been in the summer months, many of the birds had already departed for the warmer southern climates, leaving to go there to enjoy a warmer winter. Only a few hardier birds were waiting until the land turned more chilled before they set off for their warmer winter homes, and the especially hardy birds would not be leaving at all, staying the course of the cold Canadian winter, proving their resiliance. Small animals were taking advantage of the early morning to gather food, scurrying here and there, collecting food to store over the winter, burying what they were collecting so that they might have food during the much colder months. Two sable females were approaching the Anathema lands slowly, talking as they walked, the pair had been walking upwards from Crimson Dreams for the past several days, they had joined the dreaming pack to be with their mother, only to find her not there, that she had left the pack for a few days to go and attend to some issues in the more Northern packs. When she had returned she had been more than delighted to see the pair, dragging them into a warm hug, they themselves had been overjoyed to see her as well, she had been gone for a long time and they had missed her. After the incident with their adoptive mother they had chosen to seek her out and although they had wandered into the centre of a war, they were pleased that they had come here, to be with their mother, to be home with her. She had explained where she had been, saying that she had come here to see Naniko, the pale girl she had spoken of so warmly and so often, the girl's sable mother had considered the Anathemian leader to be like a daughter to her and the pair had been eager to meet her. When their mother had explained that Naniko had just had pups they decided that this would be a good and appropriate time to come and introduce themselves to the pale female that their mother viewed as their sister.

So they had set off that day, deciding against bringing the heavy wooden cart that they had brought from their old pack to their new one, it had added days to their journey and had been the source of many of their small bickering arguments that they had had whilst on their journey. The pair of them had found it rather difficult to accurately measure the "fair" amount of time that they should each spend pulling the cart and with a lack of sleep and Rain's terrible map reading skills, which had caused them to wander around and around the old lands for a whole day, disagreements had not been far away. The sable females were having a much more pleasant journey this time, they were walking and chatting pleasantly.
"We must be close by now, Kiwi, you always know where we are roughly, do you know where we are?" Rain asked, running her sable fingers through her braided mane, the longer part was pulled back into a long braid at the back, but the shorter parts were mostly loose with a few braids dotted here and there with beads and feathers. She flicked at the stud in her upper left lip with her teeth, making a sharp clicking noise, the smaller girl flinched and glared at her.
"I hate it when you do that, you know I hate it! Please stop it, besides we're almost there, I can smell a pack nearby, can't you?" The shorter girl, Kiwi, replied, looking up at her much taller sister with narrowed green eyes, annoyed by the way she often did things that she knew annoyed her.
"Oh yes, I can smell it now, this must be the borderline." Rain replied, being careful not to play with the silver stud again, it had taken long enough to get her shorter sister to agree to go anywhere, her chronic shyness was getting worse, she did not want her to have an excuse to turn around and go home again. She smiled at the smaller girl, silver eyes filled with warmth as she looked at her, she knew that the girl would now need comforting, her hands were already trembling. The taller girl reached over and took her hand, squeezing it tightly.

"We'll be fine you silly girl, this is mother's daughter after all, I am sure that she'll be ever so pleased to meet us. You don't need to be scared around family." Rain said, looking down at her younger sister, who had already dropped her head forwards and was now hiding in her very curly, very long mane. She gave her hand another squeeze and sighed, putting her fingertips underneath the smaller girl's chin and tilting her head upwords.
"Rain, leave me alone, let me hide if I want to," Kiwi whined, still trembling slightly. Rain looked at her and sighed again, giving the smaller girl up as a lost cause and raised her head, calling out for Naniko to come and meet them, now all they had to do was wait, hopefully the pale female would be pleased to see them.

Image courtesy of Tiny banquet committee@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.mentor-Rain .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.mentor-Rain p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mentor-Rain b {color:#d13a00; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.mentor-Rain strong {color:#426b23; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.mentor-Rain {background-color:#453e27; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... p/rain.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.mentor-Rain .inner {margin:10px 10px 310px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ite_50.png); background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]