A drop in the ocean (Joining)
[html]
Lupus form. table © Cait. <3

Bambi never had to participate in a joining before. She had been born into slavery.. It hadn't really been a choice. She some times wondered if it was something that she had done in her previous life that had caused her current one to turn out this way.. But then again, some of the other workers just seemed to sweet to have done anything wrong. Even as another being.

Granted, most of the slaves weren't very nice. There was two different groups, the ones that sucked up to the slave masters, and the ones that went against them in every way possible. The group of suck ups was reasonably smaller.. Probably because they didn't get much credit for following the rules and snitching on others. Those that rebelled usually only did so in small ways; occasionally letting a growl slip when they received the whip, or even just going a tad easier on the opposing slaves when they were forced to fight for the entertainment of their masters.

Nana mewed, turning her judgmental eyes towards the canine. There was a lot of things the dog had gotten used to, but that was no one of them. My dear, the cat said, speaking in a casual, yet annoyed sounding voice. We are getting close. Bambi was already quite aware of this. The scent that had begun to creep in to nostrils her definately smelled of wolves. She noticed that they feline's eyes were still on her, but decided not to give her the satisfaction of knowing that she was indeed intimidated. The animal gave an annoyed sound, skipping forward some and teasing the pup's nose with her tail. "For an old lady, she sure moves a lot.." Bambi remarked silently, eying the kitten as she carried on with her prancing.

As they neared the invisible border line, her companion slowed down. It wasn't many times that the cat allowed it to show that maybe some creatures, like wolves, MAY be able to take her down. Her self-opinion was obviously exaggerated. "She needs to be knocked down a few notches.." The girl thought, almost smirking at the image of Nana cowering as she faced a foe bigger and more arrogant then herself. The dog gazed down at the kitten for a moment, hoping she would make a smart comment that would give her a reason to put off calling for someone to greet her.. Even if it was only for a second. No need to hesitate. We are already here. Get it over with. Bambi nodded. She knew it was true.. But the butterflies that had made her stomach their temporary home just wouldn't listen. She lifted her head, pulling her lids over her orbs and opening her maw, releasing a long, musical, howl.

<style type="text/css">
.bambi-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#518d8e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #367172; }
.bambi-oo1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.bambi-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#a5d3d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VJCeJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#759b99; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.bambi-oo1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.bambi-oo1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 300 :: OOC: Is he big enough to put the kitty in place? :O

Shawchert was in the process of gathering a tree that he'd just cut down, he had an older ax in his hand that he'd found a while ago, still good and he sharpened it when he could. He was chopping the wood into big chunks to drag back to the Treetop Terrace where he would put it to one use or another. They didn't need much more fireplace wood, for he'd worked that out earlier in the year. No this was for far bigger projects he hoped to do before the winter was over with.

Upon hearing the howl the large man stopped, then throwing the axe down he marked where he had thought of chopping and headed towards the sound that now reverberated through his ears only through his mind. As the protector of the pack he was wary, and from what he saw, he was sure that he'd likely be able to take them on if they wanted to cause trouble. He remembered only two well that not all wolves looked as they actually were. Many play innocent others were outright ugly. She seemed timid and nervous, it made Shawchert wonder why. He figured he'd try not to wait it out. He moved into the open and let himself be shown. He saw the cat as he did so looking with great interest.

“My name is Shawchert Menue, and you are at the border of Cercatori d' Arte, is there something I can help you with?”

The man asked eyeing both the woman and the cat. It was rare to see the two work together, but he'd seen it before, so this was not entirely new to him. He would await their answer and go from there, not sure how to react to the two.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat! And Table by Noelle!

[/html]
[html]
o; maybe

The female's tail slid itself between her two hind legs, curling itself up against her stomach. I wouldn't talk to her. It's useless. The cat said, turning her eyes towards the dog for a moment. She doesn't speak. Bambi looked down at the feline, wishing desperately that something would fall out of a nearby tree and knock her out. She can. And she can clearly understand anything you say.. She just fears..- Nana trailed off.. Wisely not beginning to speak on why Bambi really was afraid to talk. "Beatings.." Bambi thought to herself, a shiver running over her body and she thought of all the ones she had taken for saying something foolish.

The dog glanced up at the male. He was obviously of high authority, that could easily be told by the way he carried himself. "Unless he simply doesn't know his place." Bambi knew all about ranking. Those who were ranked higher up were usually more vicious.. And quite power hunger. Ignoring her wandering thoughts, she lowered herself for a moment. This was a rather common movement, one that most recognized. A bow. Despite how common the gesture, the cat explained anyways. A greeting. Hello. I don't speak dog, Nana said, scoffing. "but I'm pretty sure her howl said something that let you know that she is here to join."

Bambi couldn't believe the level of disrespect Nana seemed to be giving off. Even if she wasn't directly saying anything rude, the way she was carrying herself was much less then reasonable. "Her name is Bambi. She has.. Some, skills. That you may find useful. I certainly don't, though." The dog lowered her head again, flattening her ears completely back against her skull. She can hunt, as most can. But even more intriguing, she can do it solo. You know, alone? Bambi couldn't take it anymore, she admitted a low growl. Swallowing her fear for a short enough time to utter the word "Sorry." She deeply hoped that the wolf realized that the growl wasn't meant for him.. But she had to put that stubborn cat back in her place sometimes. It was not fair for Nana to treat the wolf as if his intelligence was lower then her own.. She didn't know that for a fact, and chances are, it was untrue. The cat acted fakely offended by the noise, lowered her eyes at the dog before continuing. She can tame and care for things.. Also has a talent in carving. Ah, and, she knows a few healing and cleansing rituals. As well as some others.. But I doubt those will be of much use to you.

<style type="text/css">
.bambi-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#518d8e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #367172; }
.bambi-oo1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.bambi-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#a5d3d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VJCeJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#759b99; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.bambi-oo1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.bambi-oo1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
The female had been doing her daily rounds around the territory - making sure the pack was safe was priority, and the pups were having fun with Bangle at the moment. She was in her Optime form, her hand resting on the hilt of her dagger as she walked through the pack, sniffing deeply for anything strange - none so far, none so far. However, there was a trace of something in the air; sniffing once again, she confirmed that it was the smell of Shawchert and some others - two others. One was normal wolf, and the other was... what, again?

It was familiar. Her lithe and wiry body, lean with muscle and a mean stature, slunk through the Cercatori d'Arte lands, drawing closer to the smell that told her of the newcomers. Nearing the smell, she broke through the hedges and saw the odd sight - Shawchert, the tall man, was looming over two others. One was a wolf who seemed quite shy - her head was down, ears slightly flattened; and the other that Skye had scented was a cat. Interest piqued, Skye looked to Shawchert; "Good day, Shaw," she said, her head held high and her hands not yet lifted from her knife. "Who are our guests?" she asked, addressing the cat as well - her one run-in with Element told her that cats could speak as well, and she shouldn't ignore this one.
[html]

Word Count → 238 :: OOC: Good thing skye got here Wink i'm sure the cat doesn't want to be in the same place as shaw... all by her lonesome hahaha.... he's not a mean wolf but he doesn't take to creatures being entirely rude to him XD

The cat spoke with little care to the large man, and seemed of no interest in being careful with her words. He was about to bare his teeth, and snap a few short words at the cat when Skye came along. Remembering his own position, he bowed his head to his leader.

“It seems they want to join.... this CAT.... says the young lady has many skills,”

Shaw did glance over at the cat, and could understand the position the dog was in. He didn't like the indication that he didn't know what was said in the howl. Most howls were very indistinct, and did not tell everything, so to be scolded by a cat in his own natural language made his hackles raise. The small word of “sorry” came to his ears just before he started bristling. He was not angry at the dog, though he dearly wished to throw the cat across the forest floor. Taking a few deep breaths he turned his attention back to Skye.

“I am sure you can have a handle on this, I wouldn't mind leaving you to the duty, if you need me I'll be close by.”

He said turning his head to Bambi and gave a bow, but ignored the cat as he turned to leave. If she needed him it was quite possible to stop him before he disappeared into the forest.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat! And Table by Noelle!

[/html]
[html]

Bambi stepped back, dropping into another bowing position as she heard another wolf approach. This one was female, and by reading the way the male reacted, her rank was even higher then his own. "So this is who we need to impress.." Back at her slave camp, males were always in change. Even if the woman was of a high rank she immediately stepped down when comforted by a male.

"I wonder who stole his meal.." Nana murmured, watching as the sir that greeted them wandered off. The cat brought her eyes up to the female's, flashing a smile at her. Bambi could never figure out why she seemed to only give females the benefit of the doubt.. "Surely not all males can be evil.." She thought, tossing the idea around in her head. "But aren't all bears vicious?" The female released a small sigh, probably incapable of being heard by the inattentive ear. "As I just told your.. I assume, packmate, she is indeed here to join. But considering the fact that you probably did not hear what was said, I will repeat myself." Bambi watched as Nana's eyes flickered towards the male, ensuring that he was still on his way off. “She can tame and care for things.. Also has a talent in carving. Ah, and, she knows a few healing and cleansing rituals. As well as some others.. She can hunt solo. And fight, too. Even though she doesn't seem to enjoy doing so.."
[/html]

ooc; Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! Smile

She nodded at Shawchert as he left, slightly confused by the brusque manner of his departure and the seemingly angry aura that surrounded him as the tall man departed. She was quite suspicious that it had something to do with the newcomers that were now in front of her, particularly the cat, whose species Shaw had practically spat out of his mouth - she turned to them, curiosity and wariness showing on her face; if they made Shawchert angry, then perhaps they weren't the best joiners.

However, Skye was slightly startled as the cat started to speak for the wolf - Skye knew that some cats could speak the High Speech, but she still wasn't very used to the idea. The fact that the wolf remained silent was also strange - she seemed oddly submissive, even though she was in front of someone from a high rank. She listened as the cat spoke, flicking her ear at the assumptive manner of her speech - perhaps she was a bit flippant with Shawchert. She nodded to the cat once, turning her eyes to the wolf.

She could see that the wolf was nervous, and very submissive - changing her facial expression from stern to gentle and warm, she smiled at the wolf. "Not enjoying fighting is no issue," she said calmly. "Carving and taming animals, however, are great skills that are highly valued in our pack of artists and traders - Cercatori d'Arte." She stepped back and looked at the duo - the high-strung cat and the submissive dog, how odd. However, as she stepped back, she motioned her arms so that they knew that they were welcome in; although the cat seemed a bit off, she was nothing to worry about - and the dog seemed like she wasn't a threat, either.

"I am Skye Collins, Capitana of our pack. I believe that your skills will be highly valued here; may I know your names?" she asked.
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[html]

"Well.. The dog has begun calling me Nana, when she does speak. Her name is Bambi." Bambi couldn't help but notice the way the female seemed to direct the question towards both of them. "She can understand and follow directions.. But she will not speak. Most of the time." The dog's mind wandered back to the days when she was not so used to Nana's odd behavior.. All the times that she had growled harsh things under her breath, or even shouted once or twice! "What mom would give to see me now.." She thought. Her mother would probably have a hard time believing it, even if she saw it with her own eyes.. Though, she had been the one to teach Bambi the ways of body language in the first place.

The dog took a look around, finally allowing herself to take in all of her surroundings. There was much land laid out in front of her; so much that she almost had a hard time believing that it was all owned by one pack. "The pack that calls themselves Cercatori d'Arte.." A grin almost took over her lips as she repeated the name again. "Cercatori d'Arte, that sure has a nice ring to it. Home." The dog let up on her submissive positioning some, but still allowed it to be shown that she was not disrespecting the woman. She stepped forward, taking Skye's open arms as a signal that it was okay to explore.. "To explore my new home.."

[/html]