Butterflies (Joining)
Preferred Rank: Art Rank
Currently Played Characters: None
Initial Post: Pheonix walked slowly towards the big tree in front of her, she really hoped that this was finally the boarder of the pack that she had been told about. When she padded up to it she saw straight away that it was defiantly the boarder tree of the pack. She stared in amazement at the beautiful art work that covered tree and in the middle the words Cercatori d’Arte. This was defiantly it.

Suddenly Pheonix wasn’t so tired anymore, she was full of butterflies. What if she wasn’t good enough? She was so young and little, would they really want someone like her? Art was all she had ever known but what if she wasn’t accepted? The little leaf hanging around her neck reminded her of Siri, the wolf that had brought her up, this is what she would have wanted me to do Pheonix thought, she was the one that taught me everything about art. So she sat down on the edge of the boarder and howled as loud as she could and hoped they could hear it. The pup was so excited.
[html]

Word Count → 266 :: OOC: So shaw is a pretty big boy, *a good 8 ft tall* but I promise he's a teddy bear!!

Shawchert was on patrols as usual. He was making sure nothing new had popped up in the vacinity. His wounds from the fight that had saved the border tree were healing well. Sky was a great healer and Orin, well being the mother of his children, she took good care of him too. Life was doing just find for the large man. His ears perked as he heard a howl in the distance. It was a young one and he wasn't sure how old, but it was a young voice. Moving towards the voice he wondered what someone so young would be doing here. When seeing the girl, it reminded him of his own daughters, though she was probably older than him, this brought on a fatherly smile, she was old enough to go out on her own. Stepping forward Shawchert found that again, his size was enormous to the young girl. The woodworker actually tried to deminish himself this time, mostly because he was such a huge man.

“Greetings, my name is Shawchert Menue, and you are at the border of Cercatori d' Arte”

He said. He was no where near intimidated by this girl, nor did she look like she had a lick of evil in her soul, so he did not look at her with suspicion, but with welcome, though he was still inwardly cautious. Argul had been just as nice looking, and look what he did... he kept telling himself when he met new friendly faces.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat! And Table by Noelle!

[/html]
Pheonix pricked her ears, someone was coming! She stood up as a very big wolf walked up to her. She had never seen someone so big before! She was amazed that someone could be so big but still have kind eyes; his were dark blue and didn’t look flat like other wolf’s eyes of the same colour.
Pheonix couldn’t stop her tail from flicking a bit, she was always happy to meet someone new!
She wasn’t sure what to say so there was a small pause after he had introduced himself; she tried to sound as confident as she could when she spoke.

‘Um, Hello, my name’s Pheonix and I would really like to join your pack, I like making these sorts of things.’

She shook of the pouch from around her neck making sure the leaf pendent didn’t fall of; the pouch lay on the ground holding the small things that she had made. The little wooden tree, the kookaburra carved from a eucalyptus branch and the dream catcher that had taken her ages to carve the swirls to make it look like a night sky. Pheonix hoped that the effort she had put into them all would show. She hoped that they would be enough.
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: OOC: If you could put "leader Needed" In the description of the title, that would be great, just edit your first post Smile

Shawchert was surprised, yet relieved when he saw the girl actually wagging her tail, she may have seen someone as tall as he was, who knew. He waited for her to answer and when he thought she wasn't he started to open her mouth and speak, but she finally started talking, then pulled something out and showed him. Wow another carver, there were so many these days. He looked at the piece she made and was quite impressed, though he had never seen such wood as this before.

“This is rather good, I do not see why you should not be accepted. Let me call our leader for you.”

He said, he turned to the inside of the packlands and howled for Skye's assistance, then looked down at the carving again, wondering what it was made out of.

“What kind of wood is this made from? It's not sosmething i've really experienced in my life.”

He asked, starting to feel overwhelmed by the ammount of carvers that were in the pack now, he was beginning to think he was no longer the most skilled. It didn't matter though, the pack's progress was what mattered.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
He liked her work! She thought that he too could be a carver by the way he looked at the pieces she had made. And that meant that if an experienced carver thought it was okay she might get accepted! When he called his leader the butterflies that had previously been smothered started flapping even harder than before, Pheonix thought she remembered that someone told her that the leader was a female, but she could be wrong. She would just have to wait and see. When he looked at the carving again she could tell that something interested him but she was surprised when he asked what they were made out of. Then she mentally laughed at herself, he had probable never seen eucalyptus wood before.

‘It’s a type of wood from my home in Australia, it’s called eucalyptus. I don’t know a lot of other wolves who use it because it’s soft when it’s first cut and hardens after it’s left in the sun. I like to use it because it smells nice.

Pheonix had a small stump of the wood in her pouch and wondered slightly if he would like it, if it was an unusual wood here he would probably value it more than she would. Would it seem strange though giving it him if they had only just met? She decided that if seemed interested in the wood she would offer it.
[html]

Word Count → 218 ::OOC sorry took me so long ; ;

He had never heard of the place she had mentioned nor did he think that he could ever pronounce the name.... nor the name of this particular wood. His eyebrows raised when she said it was a soft wood that was not nomally used, this perked his interest because it gave him different ideas to use it. Soft wood wasn't good for a woodworker who wanted to build, but to carve it was endless possibilities.

“That's nice, I've worked with quite a few types of wood myself, I like that of oak, it's sturdy, but I do build more than anything. Though my carvings, I tend to use ash or even pine. It's an odd one, but I like the smell it gives out after being cut.”

He was quite interested in this young lady, and wanted to learn more about her, perhaps something new about carving that he'd never expect, who knew when it came to newcomers, so many ideas came like a flood and others were slow, he wondered how much of an impact she would have in the pack. He was sure she would be accepted as a new member of the pack. He would continue to keep her company until Skye came to decide for herself.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
OOC: Your new avatar is cute!

IC: He seemed not to have heard of her home or the tree, which didn't surprise her since it was a long way away and not many wolves lived in some parts. But this made her wonder is she was the only one that had ever visited Australia in this pack. She new it was uncommon for others to visit; Siri said that she had lived there for a long enough and didn't often see anyone. Thinking of the old wolf brought a lump to her throught so she was glad when the other wolf started talking again. Pheonix smiled; she loved to talk about wood and carving.

'I have never tried ash but I have used pine. Eucalyptus is completly diffrent to pine and its bark is very smooth, I like to leave some bits uncarved because its bark has light brown blotches.'
She paused.
'If you would like there is a stump of it in my pouch, you can have it if you want.'

She wondered what he would make with it, if he wanted it of course. He had said that he also built things, Pheonix wondered if had built his own house and what it looked like. Back home because it was hot allot of the time she had a hammock hung close to the ground and a wooden bowl of water because it was a long way to the creek and it didn't rain very often. Small animals often slept under her to escape the sun, animals they defiantly wouldn't have here she thought. Pheonix wondered what sort of animals they did have. If she was accepted exploring would be high up on her list of things to do!
[html]
hello, there!

Skye heard Shawchert's call from Thornbury - latching on her belt and dagger, she began to walk towards the familiar sound of the man calling out. He had helped her a lot in the way of joiners, lately - it made for a slower joining process than if she had gotten them, but she knew that lately she was scarcer in the packlands than usual. Different ideas floated in her head for the pack, making it better, making it more interesting - between finding trades to last them through the impending seasons and working harder than ever, she had been scarcely seen.

Today, however, she was near - she neared the voices that she heard from far away, her keen ears picking up words - whoever the newcomer was, she seemed to be a carver - she didn't quite know what Shawchert was talking about with different woods, but she was happy when the newcomer responded in kind. Another crafter was always welcome.

She pushed through the bushes and smiled at the tall man, nodding in his direction - then she turned to the newcomer, who was female. She smiled. "Hello," she said. "I am Skye Collins, Capitana of Cercatori d'Arte. I overhead you speaking about different crafts - are you looking to join Cercatori d'Arte?"

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 191 :: OOC: Hi!

A pretty female walked towards them, she had the red-brown hair that Pheonix had always admired and a dagger hanging around her waist. By the way she held her self Pheonix could tell that she was high up in the pack even before she spoke. Pheonix lowered her head slightly,

‘Yes, I like to carve and sometimes paint. But not often, I like working with wood more than anything.’

She was stumbling over her words.

‘I can make simple instruments and I like making dream catchers and charms. I can do some healing and, um. I come from Australia.’

She knew that last bit of information wasn’t that important; she just wanted her to know that she really did want to join. Her pouch lay on the ground with the little kookaburra peeking out the top; Pheonix focused on it to calm herself then looked up again at the woman. She was so nervous even though the alpha’s voice was kind and someone else had already thought that she might be good enough. She waited to hear what she would say; hoping it would be good news.

<style>
.heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:106px; height:136px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]