meadow and the moon
[html]
here ya go, cuz!

The sound of crows flapping overhead slowly died off, and the few red streaks of color drained from the usually uniform palette of the sky above—but the silence of the oncoming night only seemed to exhilarate her. It created shadows among the gravestones, marble forms strangled by vines and tree roots and hidden by a wall of tobacco and other gone-wild plants.

Closing her blue eyes, Vesper immersed herself in the land around her. The wind ran its fingers through her fur, and late dandelions scattered their seeds. Fluff landed on her coat until she shook herself and walked on. Inhaling, she drew in every old scent scattered here: loners and pack wolves alike. In some places the scents mingled, while others were separate, wanderers crossing one another’s paths without knowing it. Her own smell would be added to this place tonight, but whether it would be with a companion, she did not know.

She trotted onward through the cemetery-turned-field, wondering at the fertile growth here. Being non-luperci, she could not take advantage of the soil to cultivate her own crops, and she wasn’t familiar with the uses of plants other than the odd healing herb. She saw this place more like a meadow of thick growth, one that she dived into looking for small prey animals in the dark.

There was a mouse here or there; she pounced on one and snapped it up before moving on to others. The small coywolf ate a few of the little creatures, something to tide her over until she was able to hunt more substantial prey. She’d wait until she was further away from pack territory to do that, however; she had smelled borders further west, dividing the field. She didn’t want to risk chasing a rabbit over the border. As alert as she was, anyone hungry could get caught up in the moment, and she didn’t want an entire pack howling at her heels.

Vesper shot a glance up at the moon then slowed her pace, once again letting the scents of the tobacco and wildflowers waft to her nose. She tilted her head curiously at a shadow behind the grass then pressed the vegetation down, eyes scanning a tombstone and its eroded, impossible-to-read symbols. She turned in a few circles to better flatten the grass then flopped down, pressing a shoulder to the cool stone and half-closing her eyes.

<style type="text/css"> .vesper-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; } .vesper-oo8 i {font-style:italic; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; } .vesper-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesper-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#1f252d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/11qodfk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444c57; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
The night air soothed Leigha as she walked through the field. It felt good to stretch her legs in her optime form. She drew in a deep breath, the scent of many different wolves coming to her. Almost all of the scents weren’t very strong, but one in particular was. She followed the strong scent trail until she saw a small wolf in the distance. She quickly hid in the overgrown grass, the smell of a variety of flowers wafted to her nose as she hid behind a large patch of grass surrounded by flowers. She studied the small wolf for a moment. If this wolf was friendly or not she didn’t know, but she had the sudden urge to find out.

Leigha waited for a few more moments. Soon, when the wolf hadn’t done anything for a while, she stopped crouching and cautiously walked up to the wolf. Leigha drew in a deep breath. After a moment of silence she cleared her throat.

“What’s up? You out here to enjoy some peace and quiet, too? I would know the feeling. I just joined a new pack not long ago. Everything’s been pretty hectic for me. What about you?” Leigha asked coolly, crossing her arms as she leaned up against a tall gravestone.
[html]
omg leigha cracks me up xDD

Vesper did not have the opportunity to rest for long. She was not quite asleep or, really, that sleepy, but she did feel at peace. Her wandering paws were able to simply stretch out in front of her, and she could smell the surrounding area without a care in the world.

The thick scent of the tobacco plants and wildflowers covered that of an approaching wolf. When the scent of a female luperci was finally teased from the air with a deep breath, her blue eyes snapped open, and she turned her head at the sound of a throat clearing.

Her initial response was to snarl, but she kept silent, hurriedly standing on all fours and narrowing her eyes sharply at the newcomer. Her ears twitched back with annoyance, but her face was smooth as she looked the girl over. She was younger than Vesper by about a year, but large due to her optime form. Her coat was an imperfect white, stained with hints of silver, and her eyes contrasted against her colorless fur with a saturated red.

The teen began to talk before the hybrid could ask her what the hell she was doing in the field. She barely seemed to take pauses as sentence after sentence left her moving mouth, and the tawny loner could feel her annoyance flickering higher, like a flame.

When the stranger was finished, Vesper waited a few moments, just to make sure that she was actually done. Her voice was cold with a hint of venom as she replied slowly.

“I was out here to enjoy some peace and quiet, until you showed up and started blabbering at me. Why the hell should I care that you just joined a new pack and how hectic your life is?”

Her brow furrowed, and her coal-tipped tail lifted behind her.

“I don’t know you,” Vesper stated emphatically.

<style type="text/css"> .vesper-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; } .vesper-oo8 i {font-style:italic; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; } .vesper-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesper-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#1f252d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/11qodfk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444c57; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
OOC: Well that was sure the way to start a coversation haha! Smile

IC: As Leigha leaned up against the gravestone, awaiting an asnwer, the reply was not friendly at all. Her eyes widened at the uneeded comments. her eyes narrowed and her friendly, care-free expression was wiped right off of her face, and was replaced by a cold, angry countenance. Her head whipped around to look the wolf straight in the eyes, unafraid.

"Excuse me for trying to be friendly to a strange wolf. I don't even know you either. You don't have to be all defensive you know. I was just trying to make conversation, but it seems to me you're not the social type now are you?" Leigha said with a hint of mocking in her voice.

Right away this wolf was starting to get on her nerves. But she kept her cool and didn't go all out and start pouring out uneeded comments. She got the feeling if she did that then she would end up with a large gash on her shoulder. Besides, she wasn't the type to make immediate judgements. She decided to give this wolf a chance. Leigha sighed and closed her eyes, her cold expression melting away into a softer, more welcoming countenance.

"My name's Leigha. You don't have to tell me yours if you don't want to. I wouldn't think you would want to anyway," Leigha said calmly with a slight chuckle, a small, friendly smirk came to her face.
[html]

The white she-wolf seemed taken aback by Vesper’s irritation. Had she been expecting the coywolf to return her greeting in an equally chipper voice? She snorted at the thought before red eyes met cold blue ones—a direct canine challenge if there ever was one. The hybrid’s tawny tail lifted higher, stiff and bristling, and her brown hackles bristled along her spine. A low growl showed she wasn’t going to play games with this kid; if the stranger wanted to challenge her, she’d better bring bite to the fight.

She quieted as the girl began to speak but did not abandon her rigid, angry posture. A crooked smirk tugged at the side of her lips, and her hackles lowered though she didn’t look much friendlier. “Being friendly to a strange wolf—that’s where you were in the wrong, sweetheart. I could have been a serial killer for all you knew.” She flicked her tail once. “And, for the record, I would have responded cordially to a simple ‘hello.’ Instead, I have a girl I don’t even know standing there talking at me.”

Vesper had never really understood outgoing wolves. She respected someone who was unafraid in social interactions, but unafraid and careless were two different concepts. Either the girl was very confident she could handle herself with a random stranger, or she was stupid, and Vesper was leaning more toward the latter—like always.

However, the silver-white luperci seemed to understand that a ton of bristling and growling wouldn’t make the situation any better. She closed her eyes for a moment then started to talk again, her voice calm and friendly. Her chuckle made Vesper’s ears swivel forward with confusion before she flattened them again defensively.

“I’m Vesper,” she growled, her posture finally relaxing. She let her tail drop and swish against the backs of her legs. “What pack would be crazy enough to let you join, if you don’t mind me asking?” Her voice was taunting but wasn’t as cold as it was before. She was insulting the girl still, but she was sincerely curious as to where she came from.

“Your territory begins just over there, doesn’t it?” The coywolf pointed east with her nose. Now that she was paying more attention to scent, she could see that the border markings and the girl’s pack-smell were one and the same.

Leigha instinctively started to frown at the insult, but she resisted. She turned her head back towards the moon. After the coywolf told her she could have been a serial killer Leigha smiled, her expression very understanding.

"If you were a serial killer, I would have been dead by now would I not?" Leigha asked coolly. She went on after the coywolf told Leigha her name, Vesper. "I appreciate you telling me, Vesper. Now, I'll let you in on a little secret. The reason why I talked to you instead of a simple greeting, is because I never really got to talk to many creatures in my past life. I was always alone. I bet you kinda know how that feels right?" Leigha said softly. She looked back over at Vesper as she let out a long sigh and smiled. She knew she could give Vesper a chance. She then remembered the question of where she came from.

"I'm from Cercatori d'Arte. I'm a singer and an actress. You're a loner aren't you?" Leigha asked curiously, noticing how she had many indistinct smells on her.
[html]

“You would have been dead,” Vesper confirmed heavily, but the seriousness she was placing on such a statement made her chuckle softly until she actually considered it. My father would have had fun with this one, she thought, her smirk turning briefly grim before she suppressed the emotions. She took a seat in the thick, plush grass and flicked her tail over the tops of the wildflowers growing against the side of the tombstones. It was almost as if nature had begun to bestow gifts upon the graves, though she doubted nature much cared for the creatures decayed under the dirt.

Leigha mentioned a secret, and the coywolf cocked her head before nodding slightly at her explanation. Someone starved for attention and a companion to talk to would surely try to find people to meet. The fact that she acknowledged this hinted at a self-aware personality, something that the loner could respect. She nodded again then frowned when the pack wolf inferred she knew how being alone would feel.

“I am alone,” Vesper said, “but I am not lonely.”

She had never really been lonely. Even as a pup, she had been the one to wander around on her own. Her sister had pressed close to their mother, and Winter herself was used to being by herself. Vesper was like her mother in that aspect; she was used to having only herself, and she didn’t mind. That wasn’t to say that she liked solitude over company—well, smart company, at least. The number of idiots in the world astounded her sometimes.

Leigha said she was a singer and actress from Cercatori d’Arte. The foreign name made Vesper’s ears prick, and she knew she wasn’t going to be repeating the word any time soon. “That’s quite a mouthful for a pack name.” She paused and commented softly, “My sister liked to sing. Her name was Sparrow.” She nodded at the question, the answer too obvious to repeat, then came back with a question of her own. “What’s an actress? I’m not familiar with it other than as a figure of speech. Do you mean it’s an actual rank in the pack?”

Vesper had told her she wasn't lonely, and that puzzled her.

"Don't you ever get lonely, I mean, c'mon. Never?" Leigha asked, confused.

She was then brought back to her past. She remembered how she was always an outcast in her pack, never able to do any of the things that she was supposed to be able to do. She was never a great hunter, she was horrible at crafting, and she was never entrusted with a weapon. Probably because every time she was it always accidently ended up in someone's arm or foot. She was strange yes, but because of her differences she was socially cast out. No one ever talked to her, no one ever gave her attention, and they all looked at her weird, as if she were some kind of freak, even her family.

That one night when the grounds of the village were stained red, she was one of the few survivors. Everyone she had recently met, she had told them she left her pack because she knew she didn't belong there, but it was really because she had to. there was no pack for her to go back to. She couldn't go back. She had to move forward. She hid in terror as she saw her parents' throats get ripped out by those demonic creatures that call themselves wolves. That was the first and only time she had witnessed murder, and that's why she never did murder. Even the thought of slaughtering a wolf that harrassed her greatly, it made her think of her slaughtering her parents. She could never do it. She didn't know why wolves did it. Maybe they were mislead, mistreated, wanted revenge? Who knows. All she knew was that she wasn't like those others who roughed up and killed other wolves. She was lost in thought for some time. She snapped quickly back to her senses at the sound of grass ruffling. She found that it was just a bird.

"Sorry. Um, oh yeah. An actress is, well, a wolf that you could say entertains other wolves with plays and, well, acting is basically you pretending to be someone else I guess. if you wanna put it in simplest terms. And acting is a stage rank in my pack. So you kinda have to work your way up the ladder to become a great actress," Leigha explained as she looked Vesper in the eyes. She always thought wolves understood you more clearly when you looked them in the eyes. At least it worked for her.
[html]

Vesper shrugged when the white wolf pressed her on the topic of loneliness. “I can take care of myself; I don’t need anyone else. I like it when someone worthwhile talks to me, but if I go for a long time without talking to anyone, I don’t get upset.” She looked at the grass she’d sat down in then the tombstones, a dozen vague forms shadowed by trees and covered in plants. When she inhaled, the scent of the visitors and the pungent odor of fertile earth and vegetation swelled in her lungs. She gave a small smirk, one that did not quite touch her blue eyes, and added, “I’m used to it.”

After she had asked her question, it took Leigha a long time to answer. Her pale face acquired that vague look of someone deep in thought, and so the coywolf sat patiently, twitching her ears when she heard something hopping along in the grass—a nocturnal bird, perhaps. She watched the fluttering wings break through the tangles of foliage before the luperci seemed to snap back into the present, apologizing before explaining what an actress was.

The wolf in Vesper didn’t appreciate the direct stare from someone she didn’t know very well, but while her hackles grew slightly rigid, she didn’t become angry. She simply returned the eye contact with a pointed frown then looked up at the rising moon again. The last of the colors had bled out in the sky, leaving everything a uniform black.

“Acting for entertainment. It’s interesting, how you luperci get your kicks.” She shrugged. “Then again, I don’t mind a pretty voice, and you’re a singer. Is Cerc—is your pack based around stage ranks like that? You advance in entertainment?”

It didn’t seem to make a lot of sense. Weren’t most packs hinged on survival? She supposed she didn’t know them very well; while she’d gotten some information about how the packs worked, she couldn’t be quizzed on them. Cercatori d’Arte operated differently than the packs she’d been used to in the wilderness of Canada, but if the pack was a long-standing one, something must have worked out for them.

“I’d be pretty useless in that pack, if that’s the case,” Vesper remarked, adding some humor into the conversation. She flicked her torn ear. “Unless fighting is considered an elaborate art form.”

The coywolf asked another question about ranks, but Leigha didn't mind. She liked extending wolves' information. Leigha thought for a moment. She didn't quite know the pack very well yet, but she thought she could give out some information about ranks.

"Well, we still have alphas and stuff like that. There are also arts like painting, sculpting, gardening, you know growing crops, and even animal herding like cows. We luperci ride horses a lot. I have one myself. He's over off a little bit grazing. His name's Archie. He was my only friend for a very long time. He's quite smart," Leigha added.

She strained her neck to see over by a small tree her grey Welsh Cob pony grazing lazily by the tree. The grass was plentiful here and when she had smelled her surroundings earlier, she could tell this soil was very rich; great for growing plants. The grass was obviously in great condition, not so much for keeping it from overgrowing obviously though. She smiled when Archie looked up and whinnied softly at her. Leigha got an idea. She turned her attention back to Vesper and smiled.

"You wanna go see him?" she offered, an enthusiastic tone in her voice as she stood up straight and motioned to where he was grazing.
[html]
big bad vesper's like, "what. horse. no."

Leigha listed off some of the types of ranks, and the hybrid tried to wrap her mind around all of it. For a second, she looked down at her forepaws—paws that couldn’t change into the hands the luperci teen had. They couldn’t paint or sculpt or garden—whatever the hell gardening was for. Had the singer mentioned healing herbs, Vesper would have made the connection, but wolves did not regularly eat plants, so she didn’t know what use they would be. Maybe their culinary tastes changed when they were born luperci? She gave her head a small shake and managed a halfhearted, “Sounds cool. I guess this field would be a good place for growing plants.”

At the mention of riding horses, Vesper shook her head. She was reminded of the conversation she’d had with the black wolf in Halifax when they’d been looking at the human car. “Why would you ride horses? You have paws.” Even if she was only using two at the moment; that was her fault. She was surprised luperci didn’t grow fat with all the work they made other animals—prey animals—do for them.

Leigha described her own horse, apparently named Archie, and looked back at a tree that Vesper hadn’t quite noticed before in the darkness. She was surprised that she hadn’t caught the scent of the stinky animal, but she’d been too entirely focused on Leigha to really pay attention to the other surroundings. The horse called, and Leigha smiled suddenly, gesturing to the horse.

Vesper blinked and lowered her ears. “I—I don’t—” It wasn’t like her to stammer, but this was a situation she didn’t know how to deal with. She’d seen horses before, but she’d never gotten close to one. Wouldn’t it shy, thinking she was a predator? Was it used to strange wolves walking up to it? She was probably more afraid of the horse than the horse was of her.

Her brow furrowed with a frown. “It smells like prey. And it’d probably try to stomp me to death, anyway.”

Leigha frowned at Vesper mentioning how Archie might stomp her to death. It was actually offensive to her.

"He would never do anything like that. Don't worry; he's a very open-hearted horse. Very energetic, strong, even understanding. I have started to learn how to speak with him. We're getting pretty good at it." Leigha paused and strated to walk off in the direction of Archie. She looked back over her shoulder at Vesper. "Trust me. I know you might not, but he would never do anything to hurt any creature, wolf or coywolf." Leigha smiled slightly and continued walking towards Archie. She very quickly reached her welsh cob and slung her arm over his neck.

"Now Arch, be good." She leaned in closer towards his ear. "She's probably gonna be really nervous around you. Just be on your best behavior ok mister?" Leigha's tone had gone from serious and parental to a teasing, humorous sort of tone.

Archie whinnied loudly and happily, as if he were laughing as Leigha scratched his neck. Her and Archie had a special connection. Since she had spent so much time with him, they had a bond like none other. They understood each other. They both would do anything for one another. They were like brother and sister. Leigha didn't mind if the coywolf didn't decide to come. Even though she really wanted her to, Leigha didn't want to force Vesper into doing something she didn't want to do. When she had mentioned the word prey, she had grown a little more cautious, but she still would let her near him. But if she tried anything, Vesper would be sorry.
[html]
poke me if you need more to reply to. i know this doesn't have a lot of action in it. xD

Leigha quickly defended her horse, stating that he was understanding and wouldn’t harm any creature. The fact that she was learning how to speak with him piqued Vesper’s curiosity, but she couldn’t help but be skeptical. After all, animal instinct often got in the way of so-called “understanding.” She’d found herself ready to rip another canine’s face off when she was on edge. She could only imagine what a horse, a natural prey animal, would do when faced with a strange predator. She lowered her ears when the luperci walked off, following very cautiously and at a pretty good distance.

She pricked her ears with disbelief when she heard the teen talking to the horse. She talks to him like a kid, she thought, shaking her head once. Like he’s a wolf and not a horse. It was unlike anything she’d heard directed at a prey animal.

The hybrid froze in her tracks when the pony whinnied, almost anticipating it to charge, as if the sound was a war cry. She might be able to move quickly enough back among the tombstones, and she was sure that her night vision was better than a horse’s, but she still remained on edge.

Taking small, slow steps, showing her reluctance, Vesper approached the horse. She felt younger than Leigha in that moment, even if she had about a year on the other female. Ears pinned and head low, she crept forward. It might have looked like stalking if not for her tail, which had a small bend in it—almost but not quite tucked between her legs. She was anxious around the large animal, but she tried to keep some of her dignity.

She finally stood not far from Leigha and Archie. Stopping, she swiveled one ear forward uncertainly then shot Leigha a wry glance. “Now what?”

As Leigha roughly scratched Archie's neck, she saw Vesper approaching from a distance. Sh soon got closer, almost in a stalking position, but the luperci knew she was just being cautious around her horse. She surpresses a chuckle; she had never seen any wolf act this way towards a horse. But she couldn't say anything, she had once been quite skittish around horses herself when she was younger. Vesper soon after had asked her what now. Archie whinnied softly, as if whispering. Leigha chuckled slightly.

"Just stand up taller. Archie says he thinks your either exhausted or just acting plain strange around him," Leigha said. Knowing the coywolf would get defenesive about what her horse had said, she add, "That's just what he thinks. Don't worry about that. He's pretty judgemental," Leigha explained with a chuckle. Archie then turned his head and looked straight at Vesper. His eyes burned with a passion for friendship with this strange half-wolf creature. He whinnied and pawed at the ground impatiently.

"Leigha, what did she say?" Archie asked, the only thing Vesper heard was neighing and whinnying.

"She hasn't said anything yet Arch. Just relax," Leigha commanded. She was speaking in a strange language that Leigha knew that Vesper probably didn't know. Archie snorted and pawed at the ground again, still looking at the coywolf.
[html]
oh, here's a guide to low speech, for when you do want her and archie to be able to communicate

The pony stallion made some softer noises once Vesper had crept up to him. She looked to Leigha in confusion, wondering what the significance of the odd sounds were, and with a chuckle she said Archie found her behavior strange.

Great, a horse who talks to a wolf thinks I’m strange.

Vesper smirked in amusement despite herself, her eyes narrowing when the white-furred girl said that the horse was judgmental. “Oh, but I thought he was understanding,” she muttered, but she dropped her guard a little bit more. She wasn’t completely relaxed—her slightly bristling fur and slightly stiff posture showed that—but she didn’t look like she was going to bolt any moment. She looked into his warm eyes for a moment then flinched when he snorted, pawing at the ground with a hoof. She stepped to the side, a little closer to the tree, so that it would be harder for the horse to get at her if he decided to attack. Once again, she supposed that it would be impossible for him to gallop through a stone-filled field when it was too dark to see.

“I can see you’re pals,” the coywolf allowed in a mutter. “But why would you bother riding him if you can walk just fine? When’d you meet him?” She tried to imagine perching on the horse’s back as he walked, and the image was ridiculous.

OOC: DANG SCHOOL!

IC: Leigha slowly ran her hand down Archie's back when he pawed at the ground imapatiently. She knew he was quick to think what a wolf was thinking about him, and that exact thought came to mind as she frowned when the coywolf said in a sort of sarcastic tone that she thought her pony was understanding.

"He is too understanding! He's just quick to think what a wolf thinks of him that's all," Leigha said defensively.

Realizing that Vesper had let down her guard slightly, she did also. The luperci didn't get very exicted when other wolves talked badly about her horse. He was family, in fact the only family she had. And for Leigha, she knew she had to defend Archie. It made it even worse since many wolves could not understand him. If all wolves could comunicate with all other creatures, the social world would be so much easier. She looked at Archie. He looked at her and was tossing his head playfully as he neighed loudly. She knew what that meant. She hadn't gotten to spend much time with Archie other than traveling, and honestly, what kind of bonding is that?

"I guess we could go a few times around the field," she murmured to herself. She soon came back to her senses when Vesper asked another question about how her and Archie ran into each other.

"Oh! Well, when I was travelling, I ran into a group of merchants. They took care of me for a few days, so in return for their hospitality I sang for them. When I was leaving, they gave me Archie, said he was too small to carry their huge loads they would soon be collecting. We had some horses in my old pack and I learned a few simple words to say to him. Over time I learned how to talk to him. I found this book on languages some wolf wrote a while ago. I found it in a pile of goods that had been abandon a few months ago. Ever since we learn to understand each other. He already knew how to understand how we talked to them in their tone." Leigha paused and smacked her hand to her forehead. "I ranted on didn't I?" she asked guiltily. She then remembered Archie's plead. She drew in a deep breath and walked over to his left side.

"I'm guessing you are wondering how we actually rid horses?" Leigha presumed. "Well, just watch," Leigha said over her shoulder. She clutch a small handful of the pony's mane. She then, with the support of the mane, swung around onto the horse. She sat with one leg resting on each side of the horse's sides. Leigha then looked down upon the coywolf and smiled.

"Wanna run with us?" she offered as her other hand clutched Archie's mane, her legs tightening up as they bent to form almost a two-point position as they called it.
[html]

The way the white-furred girl defended her horse amused Vesper, but from her vantage point she could see that the pair had a bond. A paw absently rubbed the horse’s off-white neck and back, and she seemed to understand the stallion’s noises and gestures. It was unusual, but the concept of friendship was familiar even if the interaction of two very different species wasn’t. The coywolf was still astounded that prey and predator could cooperate like this.

Leigha was eager to explain how she met the pony; as always, she began to ramble on and on. Her story was interesting, however, and the hybrid stopped criticizing the details for a moment. She tried to imagine the merchants and the loads piled on the horses’ backs, and her ears pricked in interest when the book of languages was mentioned.

The pale luperci suddenly smacked her forehead. “I ranted on didn’t I?” she asked, and Vesper chuckled.

“Frankly, sweetheart, I’ve gotten used to it.”

She continued to smirk until the she-wolf moved, coming to the pony’s side and asking if Ves knew how they rode horses. The hybrid was about to snap that she hadn’t asked that question, but at the same time, her curiosity had flared up again. She stepped back when Leigha mounted Archie, fingers curled in his mane as her legs pressed close to his flanks.

Leigha asked her if she wanted to run with them, and Vesper sighed. She almost thought about declining, but she wouldn’t pass up a chance to see the girl make a fool of herself on horseback.

“You look so awkward,” the tawny female teased, but she only did so for a heartbeat before breaking out into an uncertain trot. “Let’s go, I guess. Watch out for the tombstones; I imagine it’s a little dark for a gallop.” At least, she’d hoped so back when she thought the stallion was going to attack her.

The coywolf looked hesitant for moment. "You look so awkward," the tawny female had teased. She then broke out into a trot. She told Leigha to watch for the tombstones, and she took that advice kindly.

"Thanks for the advice," she replied. A few quiet moments later she cantered off in the direction the coywolf was trotting towards, brushing past her and continuing to the edge of the field. She hadn't ridden a horse for fun in a long, long time. The sound of the Welsh Cob’s hooves pounding the packed earth was like a celebration. He whinnied loudly, a because of this Leigha’s grin became a beaming smile, for with this whinny she knew that he was meaning to tell her that he was very happy. It all came back to her now, the dark field, the sound of hooves on the rocky ground, the wind whizzing through her long luperci hair, the cool night air with the moon shining brightly.

It reminded her of her old home; how she missed it greatly, almost unbearably. But the excitement of her new pack helped to cover the homesickness. She looked back at the coywolf to see if she was keeping up with her, since she had cantered quickly off. She did notice she was a little bit behind her.

“You might wanna catch up. I’m going to be turning soon and I don’t want to lose you in the middle of the field. You know, so we can be running alongside each other,” the luperci yelled back over her shoulder. Then Archie had snorted and slightly startled Leigha. She then giggled a little uncontrollably at her horse’s slightly inappropriate comment.

“Archie! Don’t say that. I know she’s a little rude, but you don’t need to call her that,” she giggled out in her own language; she knew if she had said that to Archie he wouldn’t have listened anyway.
[html]
Sorry for the bad post. Wanna start wrapping this up soon?

The white she-wolf thanked her for the advice, and Vesper anticipated a sarcastic tone that never came. Why was this female so chipper all the time? At least, she was unless she was telling the coywolf off about something. The hybrid scowled as she trotted into the meadow, pausing when she heard hoofbeats and looking up to see the horse cantering past with a whinny that anyone could tell was one of happiness. She opened her mouth to say something, but the words died on her tongue.

The interconnected animals still looked awkward, but… It looked almost as if Leigha was a part of the equine. She moved with Archie, keeping balance as they ran. It was graceful, as graceful as clomping horses and two-legged wolves could be, at least.

She was falling behind, however, and Leigha urged her to catch up. Her blue eyes drifted from where she’d been watching the flowing manes of both wolf and horse to the girl’s face, and she broke out into a canine sprint to run alongside the horse. She could hear the snort of his breath as well as smell the weeds as they pounded across them. She leaped over a tombstone, launching herself off it onto the grass again, and wondered if she was enjoying herself. Sometimes she liked to run for fun, but her muscles were aching and thought of this as a chore.

There was a sudden giggle, and Leigha admonished the cob for being rude. Wondering if this was just a trick, Vesper scowled and slowed down slightly again. “I’ll bite his ankles,” she warned, knowing full well that she’d get a rib-breaking kick if she did so. Perhaps, if Leigha did make that turn, she could “get lost” and find someplace to actually sleep for the night.

<style type="text/css"> .vesper-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; } .vesper-oo8 t {font-style:italic; color:#2d3b4e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #070d15; } .vesper-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .vesper-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#1f252d; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/11qodfk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#444c57; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
OOC: II'M BAAAACK!!!

IC: Leigha cantered on Archie as she saw the coywolf catch up with the two of them. They all ran alongside each other. The nigh air wisped past her ears with a sound that was like a soft whipping noise. She wondered how the wind made these noises, then again, how anything made noise. Leigha had never understood the concept of sound very well. All she really knew about it was how to change the sound of her voice to communicate with her horse, and possibly other horses. Her train of thought was interrupted when Vesper leaped off of the tombstone with, almost grace it seemed, and land softly on the ground, continuing to sprint along side the two partners. After Leigha had scolded Archie, the coywolf had slowed her pace so she could run just behind the horse's hind legs.

The coywolf had suggested she bite at her horse's ankles, and that set her off. She stopped immediately, Archie almost tripping over his own hooves trying to stop so fast, and whirled her head around to the wolf. She was breathing so heavily with anger it would almost seem she was hyperventilating.

"Ok, I understand that you have some kind of anger issue, but no one threatens to hurt my horse, got it?" Leigha said sternly, almost in a yelling voice. Leigha saw the look on the coywolf's face before she stopped and sighed sharply.

"I get that you're annoyed with me. If you just want to run off then be my guest," she said quickly, and with that she clicked her tongue and gently kicked at her horse's sides, urging him back into a trot. Leigha made strange noises, telling her horse what the coywolf had threatened to do. Archie turned his head slightly and whinnied from deep in the throat warningly to Vesper. The two started to ride off, Leigha secretly still hoping Vesper would come to her senses and follow them, without any threats or insults hanging on her tongue.