It Began to Flower
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... wer_01.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#95856A; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: September 26th. 555 Words

Was this what it felt like to be idle? To laze about under the warm sun without a care? It was a strange sensation for one so used to traveling to and fro within the steps of her nomadic family. To be still was...new, but enjoyable. She was able to hear the distant call of birds and feel the wind comb through her pelt. She was not driven by constant need to find shelter; a cherished notion to one that was without a home. She found comfort in the security that enveloped her even in the few days she played guest to Ichika. It was all so nice... calm... peaceful. But something was lacking.

Danger, conflict. X'yrin found herself craving the break from the peace, for something... anything to spring out and pose a threat. Subconsciously she was lying in wait for anything to oppose, for anything to give her a reason to flex her muscles and burn off a little stored energy. By no means did she want to bring harm to a kindred soul, nor did she want to look like a thief running the fileds to take down more formidable prey. However, it might not have been an elk or deer that warranted her strength, or an intruder for that matter, but something had stirred to disrupt the boredom.

In a blur, her energy was spent upon a pestering creature hell-bent on harrassing the once docile female. The lone fox had made away with a side of meat preserved for a later meal then found itself as replacement for the devoured food. X'yrin was not keen on killing without reason, but she could not deny how the act returned her to a state of calm. Its pelt kept as a prize of sorts, its tail adorning her shoulders as she had seen upon the powerful forms of her Shepards. To wear one's kill was the mark of an Exutalre; a warrior, a force to be reckoned with. Sadly, the creature was little challenge and the female went on feeling unfulfilled.

To a wandering soul, Ichika was indeed a paradise, a place one could be at ease without worry. However, the Nomad felt her potential would suffer. If her days were to be lived out alone seeking menial threats to sate her lust for purpose, then she was better off returning to the endless road, encountering what may at any given time. At least then she could find purpose in overcoming the struggle to exist. But she had found something with the Valley to keep her. A purpose; to exchange her knowledge of her craft and learn the extensions of another to broaden her impressive repertoire. She had made a friend with just as curious a soul whom belonged solely to the lands. Her attraction was not only to his physique but the well of opportunity and knowledge he presented. She had to tap into it...

Secui form came to rest within the familiar Valley, belly to the warm sun as she basked within its rays. Her whole body weightless with the elation of purpose. There was a reason to linger... A reason to give this pack life a chance. But how long until the Endless Road beckoned her again? How long before the tether to the Nomads lured her home?

[/html]
[html]

I am SO SO sorry for the wait. 508

Autumn had peaked and the trees were all ablaze with the warm colors that ironically signaled that winter would soon be upon them. Yet Nayru had no mind for winter or its icy challenges just yet, and the two toned face remained turned to the sun, soaking up the Indian summer rays as long as she might. On two legs the lady ambled through the lands, her mind uncharacteristically wandering in whichever direction it chose. It wasn't that Nayru couldn't keep the focus she normally had, she simply felt no need for it. Despite the bad energy she had felt when she had traveled down to the south, Ichika was doing well and she did not need to concentrate her energies on any one issue. And Nayru herself, she was doing well, or well enough.

The ebony man she had committed herself to troubled her. The first few weeks after their mateship ceremony had been fine, normal, but there now seemed to be demands and expectations that neither of them could meet. Melee had expected a big life change and had been relieved when none came her way, but Nayru felt that if nothing had changed, what did it matter if they were mates? Saul jokingly alluded to the future possibility of puppies, but little did the man know that his brother and the Jiryu were unable to even go through the motions of creating life. And whether Gideon expected anything more of her, Nayru didn't even know for she spent less and less time with the man. Even at Mabon she had been missing from their table, if Gideon had gone to Cerne Rise, she did not know. She almost did not care.

And yet, she was well enough. If she put aside the bitter taste that love had left in her mouth Nayru could not deny that life was moving along swimmingly. Ichika was storing dried meats for the winter, Sage had come calling from Inferni and for whatever reason this set Nayru's mind at ease, and even with the war waging between the packs of the south the conflict seemed so distant from their haven. The girl worried over Liliana and Aro and the others, but she knew that to submerge herself in the conflict would be to take Ichika with her—something she could not do.

As the musings tumbled over one another in the Ryu's mind Nayru's body took over. First it was her nose that knew, and then her ears, but it was only when the figure of the woman she had allowed within the borders appeared did Nayru take notice. The Secui lady did not alarm the woman, but rather the ivory and ebony creature smiled at the tail of the warrior's victim as it hung around the woman's neck. With unhurried steps Nayru brought herself up to the woman, bowed the custom greeting bow without the usual words and spoke in her usual far-too-soft-voice. "X'yrin, a pleasure you are still among us. How does the day, and Ichika, treat you?"

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree b {font-weight:bold; color:#6a5959; letter-spacing:1px}
.spintree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... wer_01.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#95856A; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: September 26th. 723 Words Oh shush! The wait was well worth it, I assure you. Im just glad RL stress hasn't killed you. Smile

Time passed with seamless ease. Little troubled the mind of the Nomad female once she was certain of the path she wished to take. But it was not without a sense of hesitation, albeit small, near infinitesimal. X'yrin found herself thinking more on the future, a strange concept for one used to taking each day as it came. She pondered the idea of 'routine' and what it entailed. The concept of true responsibility for a congregation not wholly her own, as of yet. And most troubling of all, would she, a stranger, be accepted among Ichika? She was graciously accepted by its Ryu (or High Shepard as she chose to think of the kind woman), but what of their followers? The woman had witnessed the segregation that was often suffered by those not of Nomadic blood seeking refuge in their midst, and truth be told she was one of many that turned her eyes from the unfamiliar. But in time, when the merit of the new blood was shown, their abilities weighed and adhered, there was no longer a differentiation... they gradually became part of the keep and were enveloped within the welcoming embrace of the Nomads.

Though it always worked in favor for the newly turned, she couldn't help but wonder if these turn would not favor her. But how could she think like that? Wasn't the generous offer of Nayru enough to dispel that notion? What of the enlightening conversation she shared with the warrior Jaden? That alone should have served as a means to alter her thinking. This was all just some poor attempt to psyche herself out, she reasoned. Just a way to convince herself this was not what she wanted. It was but a small voice against the booming desire to make the most of this opportunity and see it through. Risk of stagnation be damned! She had traveled among a vast group and broken from it to rejuvenate her desire! She was capable of finding something to keep her interest if the idle nature dared rear its head again. There was not reason for her to deny herself. She hadn't then and wouldn't now...

Abruptly the woman was jarred from her deep thought. The alluring scent of familiarity leading her nose and body forward, rounding her impressive form from its bed of fragrant grass to stand in the presence of authority. The Nomad smiled, tail waving in greeting and elation. She was a cub again, exhibiting the same excitement for laying eyes upon the High Shepard; honored as always. Respectfully, she dipped her head. "Shepard- I mean... Ryu Nayru, I am glad to see you." The woman inched a step forward but paused feeling the absence of lush fur atop her shoulders. X'yrin looked down briefly, finding her adornment within the indention of where she lay. She left it there for now, reminding herself to retrieve it later before returning her gaze her the soft-spoken lady. "I find my days are peaceful on your lands... and your warrior very pleasant." The corners of her maw twitched slightly, fighting the urge to split into a fanciful grin.

"We spoke for hours," she went on, her dexterous tongue now loose and confident. "We hadn't even noticed the sun was near setting. We talked of our practices, our art of fighting. I hadn't had that pleasant of a conversation in some time and wanted to demonstrate my skill. But I..." the woman's smile receded slightly as a sort of bashful look overcame her. Her head lowered, she peeked from beneath lowered brows to what she hoped would become her superior. "I thought of the time I was allowed and realized it might prove difficult unless I spoke with you again. Truly this place awards an opportunity few like myself would take. But I am not like my brethren. A Nomad at heart I will remain, but I would like to stay here and take part in a life I haven't known." Habitually, she awkwardly raised a paw to pat her lowered head to inquire 'understanding' of the Ryu. "I have my skills as a warrior and tales of my adventures to offer as trade for permission... but I hope in due time I can learn other skills to retain my usefulness... if you allow me the chance, Jiryu Nayru."

[/html]
[html]

<3. 532

On light feet she stood before the other and soon the warrior was up and before her, the tail of the fox forgotten on the ground. Blood eyes fell on the other's face and noted the merriment she found there. That the woman was in high spirits gave reason to Nayru to smile fondly upon the lady. When the woman called her Shepherd rather than Ryu Nayru did not mind, and although X'yrin was quick to correct herself Nayru almost wished she had left the error to hang in the air. Nayru might have said so but the woman gave Nayru no chance to say as much, and soon Nayru could be nothing but all ears for X'yrin's eager words.

As the words flowed from the lady Nayru watched her face and body, reading more there than what the woman spoke. Though no names were named Nayru could guess at which Envoy member X'yrin had stumbled upon. Arye and Pripyat were too immersed in one another for such a response to have been ignited by either of them and Nayru doubted very much that Rendall had spoken until nearly morning with the woman before her. An easy smile played on Nayru's lips in response to X'yrin's own happiness and very softly she spoke as frankly as she might. "You speak of Jaden?" It was rare Nayru was wrong in her assumptions, and rarer that she spoke them out loud if there was a chance she were. Yet she left it as a question, not a statement for the moment she took for granted her ability to know without being told she knew error would find her.

Yet Jaden wasn't really the point and Nayru did not mind if the question went unanswered for X'yrin went on about Ichika then. About the skills she could bring and the opportunity awaiting her if Nayru allowed. Bemused Nayru let the idea sink in, a perpetual Nomad settling into Ichika. And why not? Nayru had been born a nomad of sorts, born to loners who only wished to be loners but the white lady had other plans for the child Nayru had once been. Fate worked the way it wished and Nayru knew better than to try and stand in its way, if X'yrin were here now it was for a reason. And yet, they had to be clear, and careful, for to commit to Ichika, was for Nayru, no small endeavor. "So you wish to join our ranks?"

Others wished for the same, and some stayed and some left and to Nayru it was all the same. Once an Ichika always an Ichika, even when no longer in Ichika. After speaking the creed once could not shake the essence of the clan, it sank its self into a being's bones, and if X'yrin did not wish to be branded for life, in Nayru's eyes, than she had only now to change her mind. "I am in no position to deny a warrior such as yourself such opportunity to find a home here. Ichika would gladly welcome you, if you truly wish to accept Ichika, but I must know you do not make such a decision lightly."

<style type="text/css">
.spintree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.spintree {margin:0 auto; background-color:#342c2a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... ubyfae.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#746d66; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: September 26th. 290 Words omigosh... so short

In so few words, Nayru had summed up the desires of the Nomad. Truly she wished to be a part of the prosperity that was Ichika no Ho-en and indulge within these days of ease. She wanted to find purpose and set aside the endless road til her heart was content. However, she knew in her heart she could not relinquish her nature as a Nomad nor the teachings and practices instilled in her, but that was part of the beauty. She could share her knowledge, parts of her ways, and offer them to receptive ears. There was no question this was what she wanted, encouraged by the elation felt when drawn into conversation by a kindred spirit.

The woman had had enough time to herself that she weighed these pros and cons. The life of the road verses sediment community; a life never experienced. It was frightening, but more exciting than anything. This was her precipace, her choice to remain the Wanderer as her forebears and retain their ways, or evolve; hold fast to their teachings but thread a path not theirs and learn from it. She chose the more invigorating... the more promising. Determined, she lifted her gaze to the Jiryu, head raised with pride and certainty with smile maintained. "I am certain, Jiryu Nayru," she announced. "Heavy steps lead me from certainty into the unknown... and again my strides are leading me into uncertainty. But I brave it, as the loner wanderers through the unknown, though I am fortunate to have understanding guides. I hope that as my Shepard has lead me, I too will lead wanderers through their 'unknown' as a comforting guide so they may make the unfamiliar familiar as Ichika will do for me."

[/html]
[html]

short short short poop 317

"Very well." The warrior was set in her decision and Nayru would not press her further. X'yrin did not seem the type to make any sort of commitment lightly. Unlike many who found themselves at Ichika's door step and jumped at the opportunity of being taken in, X'yrin had wanted to test the waters and Nayru wondered if that wasn't something they should require of all prospective members. How could anyone truly know if they wanted to dedicate their lives to one particular clan if they knew only what others told them of it? X'yrin had experienced it, at least more so than most and Nayru had no qualms about moving to the next step.

"You must recite our creed before you are truly an Ichikan, and after you must complete an initiation task." Nayru had yet to accept anyone, and it was strange that so long Ichika had been growing it was always Razekiel or Saul or someone else who brought fresh blood into their family. Yet despite her lack of practice Nayru knew perfectly the creed Razekiel and her had devised. "Repeat after me. I am a Exultare, I am an Ichikan. I seek love in my heart, knowledge in my mind, and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others; I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life." Nayru spoke the creed louder than she spoke most words, her ruby eyes steady on the warrior as she waited for the woman to soak in and offer back the Niao-ka Creed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: September 26th. 262 Words

The woman was receptive, heeding what needed to be adhered to before she could call herself Ichikan. She listened carefully to the words of the oath, repeating after where appropriate. It was as simple as taking wanderers into the Nomads' midst, but instead of falling into a sect better fit for her skills, she would learn to find her niche within a single family.

"I am Exultare," she began humbly. "I am Ichikan. I seek love in my heart and knowledge in my mind... and wisdom in my spirit. I will love my fellow Ichikans and know them as family to the fullest I can; I will devote myself to my duties and learn from my work and the work of others. I will try my best to embrace all walks of life, faith and love. I understand that if I devote myself to love, knowledge and wisdom I will learn my path to true personal happiness, and find my place in the circle of life."

True personal happiness. She hadn't thought about that; what made her happy. It was profound that these three objectives love, knowledge, and wisdom would bring about as sense of fulfillment... happiness. She was an excitable female by nature, but had she been happy? Humbled, yes. Honored, of course. But happy... The creed of Ichika stirred much more than what the female bargained for yet at the same time opened a door. And wanted to walk through and find this promised happiness.

Smiling, she looked to Nayru expectantly awaiting the next step toward her solidification within Ichika.

[/html]
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!