Frozen Tides
[html]

WC:407 - For to help start my muse. @ sawmill

Sira was learning so much, and yet not enough, she couldn't help but be overwhelmed with the mass of knowledge that she was obtaining, and it was almost overloading, though she met just the leader of the lands and her good friend Cain, that was enough for millions of questions to blow into her mind, so when she got time to think about it she spent days in her room, trying to reach a conclusion but none came, and she was getting cabin fever. She couldn't describe it though if she were asked why she was pacing her room, but she felt the need to get out, possibly hunt, or run, or something. She was ready to try society again. Taking a peek out of her room, she found no one near, she was sure if Cain was nearby she would stick to him, but seeing as he was gone she moved out into the hallway, cautiously, as though she was going to be caught, and moved to the mouth of the caves, or one of them, she couldn't remember how many there were. She burst through the opening to bright autumn skies and yelled her delight, making birds of all kinds take flight as she raced down into the open skies. She giggled, feeling more at peace with the world now that she was getting a slight grip on it. This would be a day of learning, and figuring things out on her own, she knew it. She found a tree and raced to it, taking a sniff of it, it was just ordinary. Looking around she found more things to pick up and examine, a pinecone, a flower that was nearly dead for it was going out of season, mushrooms of all kinds, and she picked them all. She was only interested in things that weren't green, or that had interesting shapes, not to mention funny looking sticks. She moved on away from the territory she kenw protected her up to where she found something strange.

She had encountered something like this before and she stopped in her tracks, her fur stood on end and her objects clattered to the ground with different sounds. The jackal was motionless with fear, a horrible feeling came over her, as though she weren't suppose to be here, but she couldn't more for the life of her and she was petrified with fear. What was she to do?

Image courtesy of mgjefferies@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.Sira-K-02 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Sira-K-02 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Sira-K-02 b {font-family:verdana; color:#666c62; text-shadow:#7e857b 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Sira-K-02 {background-color:#98a095; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1271/sirekira.png); background-position:op center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:295px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Sira-K-02-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]
Zera's so high XD / +292

What a beautiful day. How desperately summer tried to cling to the land, even though the trees had already begun their change, even though the sun’s rays where no longer warm. It was almost so silly that it made the collie femme chuckle as she sat upon the unmoving wheel the saw mill, having an afternoon smoke. She was quite mellow, blowing smoke rings into the air and breathing the autumn scents. Everything was just wonderful, as it usually was when she smoked. Something about the burning of marijuana seemed to the ease the spirits and therefore she became eased.

As Zera’im reached over to grab some fresh herb from her pack to refill her pipe, she noticed in the distance a small female figure, literally frozen in fear. Zera stared at her wide eyed, wondering what was the matter. The little girl was staring in complete terror at the saw mill upon which Zera sat, and she realized it was not Zera herself that was frightening the girl but it was the building itself. Zera’im could not help but chuckle. How strange it was to meet Luperci who had not encountered human structures as she had. In fact, for most of her youth Zera had lived within a human household, a library in fact. Zera’im wished to ease the girls fear. She tapped out the burnt remains of her pipe and packed it away before lifted a silken arms into the arms, Hello there, young one! Don’t be afraid. Come, sit with me!

She hoped the little female would join her, that the spirits would give her the strength to overcome her fear. Zera’im closed her eyes and said a little prayer for her, so that this hope would become reality.

<style type="text/css">
.zerra-o2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#549794; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #75a144; }
.zerra-o2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zerra-o2 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#92c074; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8hNQL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 230px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#61965a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zerra-o2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zerra-o2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ - OOC STUFF BE HERE

She was freed from her paralysis when a calm voice came to her ears. It was a female, and instinct told her it was her mother and she nearly bolted in the direction of Anathema, but it wasn't much longer that she noticed it was not the sound of her mother's voice. She looked and saw a strange creature sitting by the monster. Looking at the building she gulped and moved closer. Timidly, she made her way, forgetting her own jewels she had been collecting. She had not noticed the smoke the woman had or she would have thousands of questions just on that particular thing alone, but right now she wondered what on earth this animal was.

“You.... you've got long hair, how did you grow your hair so long like that?”

The girl asked as she moved closer, though she took a seat as far from the building as she felt comfortable. She swallowed and looked back at the large structure.

“What is that thing.... it's so …. so scary.”

she asked, she had no other words to describe it, it was just unnatural in every way but she couldn't articulate it very well as she still had the vocabulary of a pup sometimes. Looking back at the strangely colored and long haird female she was curious as to why she wasn't afraid of it. Was it just Sira who was terrified of such a thing?

Image courtesy of mgjefferies@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.Sira-K-02 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Sira-K-02 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Sira-K-02 b {font-family:verdana; color:#666c62; text-shadow:#7e857b 0px 0px 1px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Sira-K-02 {background-color:#98a095; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1271/sirekira.png); background-position:op center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:295px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Sira-K-02-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC / +296

Oh halleluiah the girl found the strength! She came towards Zera’im and the collie woman could nearly physically see the girl’s excited aura send tendrils all around her, it was a wonder she could focus enough on walking straight. Much to Zera’s surprise, the first thing out of the girl’s mouth was a question about her hair. Zera laughed like the tinkling of bells and grabbed one of her long braids subconsciously, Oh dear child, how sweet a question.

As she approached and sat some distance away, Zera’im grabbed her pack and lifted herself from her position stiffly, but painlessly, as the herb had taken it’s medicinal affect. She moved to the young girls side and sat down next to her and answered her second question, That thing is a building, and it is nothing to be afraid of. There were once creatures that used such things as homes. Just think of it as a strange, large den. She smiled sweetly at the girl, her mismatched eyes alighting. What a cute little jackal, so young and naïve. Zera’im just loved children, she had spent a year as a midwife and nanny and her heart was full for them. I am Zera’im, what is your name daughter? Do you belong to Anathema?

It was more than likely that this was the case, this youngin was unlikely to the leave the safety of the pack lands and they were but a stone’s throw away from the border. Zera’im had set up in a cave that Panda and Venom of Anathema had found for her when she first arrived. She missed their company already, but knew that soon they would come back to visit. There was a connection between the three of them that could not be broken easily.

<style type="text/css">
.zerra-o2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#549794; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #75a144; }
.zerra-o2 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#92c074; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8hNQL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 230px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#61965a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:266+ - OOC: Sorry for the waait ; ;

The laughter was not like Cain's it was more sweet and less demeaning, as though she wasn't laughing on Sira's account but just that it was said. She couldn't help but smile a little at the woman, seeing she was flattered as she tugged on a braid. The woman got up and moved closer to Sira, not answering her first question but skipping to the second, which was fine with her, as she heard what the woman had to say. She explained them as large strange dens, and Sira nearly immediately settled down, though what kind of creature could make such huge structures, and how big were they, themselves?

My name is Sira Kira Ma'am and yes I live there. Me and my friend we just joined only recently.

She said still keeping her eye on the structure. It was alien, no doubts there, but she could see now why someone would be attracte to it, though she doubted she wanted to ever live in one of these. Her attention went back to the woman, and her interesting looks.

Do you live around here? How come you've got a bag like that, is that all your stuff? Does someone else help take care of you?

She burst out. The questions just spilled from her mouth before she could even stop them. Normally a quiet jackal, she was so curious especially of the enormously tall woman. She'd never seen such coloring nor long hair like that before, even the fur on her belly and legs was pretty long. She was an anomaly to Sira.

Image courtesy of Immagina@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Sia1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2923/sirakira2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:87px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_Sia1 .dots {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9500/sirakira3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_Sia1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Sia1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#a8bad2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Sia1 {background-color:#15286c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5070a9; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9176/sirakira.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 278px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Sia1-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Its cool ^_^ / +319

It was good to see some of the fear leave the girl, her aura brightening from a frightened muddy gray to an energetic orange. It was good to see and Zera’im listened closely as the questions spilled over her like a waterfall. It had been a good long while since she had experienced such a curious youth and it took a her a long moment of thought to put all the answers together and answer them with the same vigor in which they were asked, No, I may be old but do not yet need hospice care. It is just me and my horse, I suppose we care for each other. she smiled at this, Korosk had been her sole companion for so long that she almost considered him as a brother. She continued, I’ve had this bag for a long time, my sister gave it to me, I carry certain items in it but not all that I possess. The rest are in y cave, which is a ways off from here.

She stopped, perhaps it would be in her best interest not to tell Sira the exact location of her cave. It was so near the borders that she risked being run off by less friendly Anathema natives, a conflict Zera wished to avoid. The smile came back to her face and she looked back at Sira, one brown eye and one slate eye glinting in the sunlight, Tell me child, where are you from, that you do not know of any of these human things?

She was interested, she had never met someone who had absolutely no knowledge of the creatures that had come before them. How could she not know of how the Luperci had come into existence? They were to consider themselves blessed to know of the downfall of man, so that they could avoid making their same mistakes. Perhaps she could tell Sira of the children’s stories she knew, to make the subject a little more understandable.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ - OOC blah would go here

The girl tilted her hair, she was so used to needing to be with her mother that she thought everyone was taken care of for a long time. Looking at the horse she raised an eyebrow. She had hunted horses before, they were pretty easy prey compared to some of the horned animals. Looking back at the collie woman she gave her a confused look.

“Hospice care? I don't understand, I just thought everyone was taken care of... and … why would you keep dinner alive? Doesn't food have to be dead so you can eat it?”

she asked, she nodded in acknowledgement about the cave, she was curious but she didn't need to go into details about caves, she'd lived in one all her life and now she was in one massive cave that was her pack. At the question the collie gave her, Sira looked down sheepishly, so she was suppose to know bout these things? What else was she supposed to know about that her mother hadn't taught her?

“Um not far from here really, um my mother and I lived in a small wooded area east of here I think. … I can't really remember.”

She said, feeling obviously embarrassed that she didn't know something that obviously she was supposed to know about.

Image courtesy of Immagina@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_Sia1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2923/sirakira2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:87px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_Sia1 .dots {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9500/sirakira3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_Sia1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_Sia1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#a8bad2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_Sia1 {background-color:#15286c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5070a9; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/9176/sirakira.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 278px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_Sia1-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
The differently colored text is a link to the necklace / +000

Zera’im listened to the girl with a gentle face until she spoke of Korosk as a meal. Then a shocked expression came to her face before she laughed aloud once more. Oh what a naïve girl this was, so fresh to the world with no understanding of it. And when she mentioned her mother Zera’im then guessed that Sira had been kept hidden from the world by her mother, never let to venture into its dangers and delights. How sad a childhood that must of have been. Oh dear child he is not my dinner but my friend. I have known him since we were both but babes, I would never eat him. You live in Anathema where many people have companions such as he, you must learn that some four legged beasts have better uses then just for sustenance.

She looked lovingly and sympathetically upon the embarrassed face of this young girl when an idea came to her mind. Quickly she stuck two delicate, ivory fingers into a small pocket of her bag and produced a necklace; a silver charm on a dark leather chord, which she then handed to the girl. Here, please take this, it will protect you. When you are in fear, put your faith in it and you will be strengthened. It was a simple and practical gift, one that Zera’im had been given by her mistress when she was still young, but she no longer needed it now, she had different forms of protection, ones much stronger then that lent by the charm. But this little girl would have good use of it, now that she was facing the expanse of the world for the first time.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 200 OOC: :3

Sira listened to the woman with apt attention... they could use these beasts as more than just food? And others enjoyed their company too, and used them as friends. It was almost hard to believe, hard to twist her mind around it, but it was a lesson it seemed and she'd smelled horses in Anathema so it wasn't like the woman was lying to Sira.

I see, I will keep that in mind, thank you.

The young woman said, then as Zera'im moved out a necklace, Sira's eyes grew wide, she looked up at the woman who offered her the necklace and spoke. Her mouth moved open and closed as she reached up to take the necklace.

R-really, I can have this? This will protect me? I- I don't know what to say.... thank you!

She said beaming, taking the necklace gently with her hand. Looking at it she slipped it over her muzzle and around her neck, and rolled the pendant in her hand. Looking back at the long haired wolf dog.

How can I repay you, I mean, this is.... it is special.... is there something I could do to repay you?

<style type="text/css">
.sikira-oo2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#995d5f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #322022; }
.sikira-oo2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.sikira-oo2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#685356; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KBpCJ.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f736e; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.sikira-oo2 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.sikira-oo2 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Feel free to post again or not. <3 / +200

Sira seemed overwhelmed by the gift and Zera’im couldn’t help but keep smiling. It felt so good to give gifts and she hadn’t been able to do it for a long time, she was glad the first one to receive something from her was such a sweet girl.

Zera’im gently tugged on one of Sira’s large ears and chuckled, No, it is a gift and you do not owe me anything. But do come and visit me again deary, I enjoy your company. Zera then went to stand, somewhat stiffly, grabbing her pack and retrieving her scythe which was leaning up against the side of the building, I must go now, I will see you again soon, but please, do not speak of our meeting except to those you trust. I am very close to the borders of your pack and do not wish to be run off. She wondered if Sira knew what she meant by this.

Zera’im made her way down to Korosk, who trotted to her and put a large, velvety nose against her shoulder. Zera’im smiled and patted him lovingly before heading back in the direction of her cave, Korosk following behind her like a puppy.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]