holding on tightly.
[html]
here you go, dear brother! this takes place on the 3rd of Oct.

Liam Catori awoke with a start from the short nap he'd taken at the beginning of the afternoon, his fuzzy head hitting the bark of the tree he'd been leaning against. Ouch! he hissed moodily. He was having a hard time sleeping as of late, hence the little snooze in the middle of the day. His subconscious mind was plagued with gruesome images of his baby brothers and sister – while he absolutely loved his new-found status of big brother, the fear that something would happen to them was rendering him a complete and total mess. He blamed Noah's sudden departure for his abandonment issues. He was trying really hard to keep his brother out of his mind but it was a difficult task when fast asleep. As if it had become a natural instinct of his, Liam pushed Noah out of his mind and instead focused on the present; on Skoll, Hati and Lottie.

As the pups grew older, Liam found himself getting to know each of them individually. They weren't just 'pups', they were his little siblings and they had different personalities. That in itself was kind of fascinating to the young wolf. Since finding out about his mother's pregnancy, he had assumed they would all just come into the world and be his little brothers and sister – all one and the same. He had never really grasped that they would actually be individual beings. They were like him – a wolf with a personality and needs and... other stuff. They would eventually grow up and want to do things and learn things... Liam was excited to teach them everything he knew because; according to him, it was a big brother's job.

Stretching and yawning, the young wolf straightened up from his sitting position and scanned the immediate surroundings with his bi-colored eyes. His ears perked up as he heard sounds from inside the Victorian home he shared with his family. He had fallen asleep just outside under a thin tree, its leaves already beginning to shed, a sign that Fall had really fallen onto Cour des Miracles.

Liam had never really seen Fall before so he was excited for the new colors in the trees and the new smells all around. The entire earth was dying, only to come back to life next year beautiful again. Liam would be older next year – he would have celebrated his first birthday. He would be bigger – stronger... maybe as strong as his dad! He would then be able to protect his young siblings like a big brother should. Liam would also be smarter next year, maybe as smart as his mother! The ideas brought a wolfish smile to his black lips, a twinkle in his one green eye. He really wanted to be a great big brother. A role model for them. Speaking of big brothers... Liam had only walked a couple dozen feet when he spotted Kable.

The younger Catori quickened his pace somewhat, a Kable, escaping his mouth as a request for the older wolf to wait so that Liam could reach him. Have you seen mom and the puppies today? he wondered. Liam's arm moved back somewhat to gesture in the general direction of where he had been coming from – towards the Victorian house. While Liam had seen his mom and siblings, he hadn't seen his dad. But then again, Liam wasn't too surprised. His dad was the King and he had many tasks to do.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly22 b {font-weight:bold; color:#787491; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #222222; }
.freebjuly22 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly22 {margin:0 auto; width:471px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2uh2737.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E2DFDA; padding: 241px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E2DFDA; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly22 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly22 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
Words: 583

[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

Kable sat ouside his wagon, strumming gently on his guitar. He had spent the morning thinking up a few new songs but none of them sounded quite right. It frustrated him slightly but ever the optimist he continued to strum until he found the next part. He had no lyrics yet, no they would come later. Usually in his dreams stories would emerge in the form of lyircs. Or sometimes he would simply start singing to the tune and find the words himself. He didn't know when his inspiration would come, but he knew that it was certain to appear in the most magical of ways.

A voice from behind him awoke him from his daydream. 'Have you seen mom and the puppies today?' 'No, not today. Why?' Kable hadn't got around to it yet. His mother had still been asleep when he awoke so he had not bothered to disturb her, for she needed the rest to care for the three demanding bundles she had given life too. He had only seen them once before, at the house with Liam and although he would visit again, he would time his visits carefully. He was glad for Liam's interest in them, because it seemed to keep him mind off of Noah. Kable though the boy and idiot for leaving and te name brought a sour taste to his mouth even though they'd never met. Much like Zafier's name.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba704 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a99ecc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #; }
.freeba704 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba704 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#eee7d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IkoCb.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #928e81; padding: 0px 0px 140px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#928e81; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eee7d4; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba704 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba704 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]
<3

Kable's reply earned a shrug on Liam's part. No reason. he said simply as he made himself comfortable about a feet or two from his brother's position near the wagon. He didn't ask permission, deciding if Kable didn't want him around, he would have said something earlier. The 'no reason' wasn't going to be left at that though, as Liam suddenly found himself itching to let all of his wild thoughts escape. Who better to talk to about this than Kable? Sure, maybe the older wolf wasn't as agitated as Liam was, but on some level he was bound to understand Liam's dilemma, right? They're getting real big, you know. he began, glancing at the cloudy sky momentarily as his thoughts contrinued onto his family.

I'm worried about mom though. I mean with dad gone a lot she could get really tired, you know? he blurted. He was afraid his mother would get sick because she didn't get enough rest – or that she'd get bored of taking care of three puppies for long periods of time and end up leaving them to fend for themselves. Liam didn't know much about parenting, but he figured it could happen, right? A mother could intentionally leave her kids to rot? Of course, then Liam reminded himself his mother was Ayita Catori, probably the Cour des Miracles female with the biggest heart and the most caring personality.

She was his mom and she had never abandoned him, right? She wouldn't do it to Skoll, Lottie and Hati either. Eying Kable's guitar, Liam decided that since Kable was older, he would undoubtedly know more about this whole parenting thing and could really tell Liam what was what.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly22 b {font-weight:bold; color:#787491; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #222222; }
.freebjuly22 {margin:0 auto; width:471px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/2uh2737.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E2DFDA; padding: 241px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E2DFDA; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Words: 438

[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... notext.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;"><style>
.kable-profile b {color:#62A7B5;} .section {font-family:georgia; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:23px; letter-spacing:4px; line-height:9px;} .kable-profile hr {color:black; background-color:#59877B; height:2px; width:425px; border:0;} .kable-profile p {text-indent: 20px;} .kable-profile a {color:#62A7B5;}</style>
Kable Catori

OCC →

'Yeah...' he said softly, strumming a small tune on his guitar. His eyebrows knitted together as he tried again and corrected the notes several of which were out of place. To be honest he was always hesitant about seeing them. He wasn't keen on the pups, only because when he though of them, he thought of Vigilante and when he though of his stepfather his mind wandered off towards war.

'Well,' Kable said, pausing as his hand stopped the humming metal strings, a soft 'hum' coming from his snout. 'Well, I guess 'Mara would help out...' He turned to look at his brothers face, 'But I'm sure she won't y'know...' he added softly. He didn't want to worry his brother, but all the same he didn't want to lie and tell him everything would be fine when perhaps it wouldn't. Still, if any thing happened, he'd take Liam under his wing. It was his duty after all.

'He should probably make himself more seen though' Kable said softly, stopping the hum of the strings again, 'Don't see why he can't just promote someone else alongside Strelein'. It would have made sense to him, why can't someone else galavant off to war? He had children, young children. He couldn't leave Ayita to care for them alone.

[/html]
[html]
I absolutely love brother relationships. <3

When thinking of his father, Liam didn't jump to the thoughts of war. Then again, when he thought of the pups, he didn't think of his dad either. He just thought of how vulnerable those three little things were and how one day they would be old enough to get into all kinds of trouble. Liam felt like a real mother hen; afraid that they would get hurt. Honestly he was already feeling bad for his own children one day. He'd be so over-protective it would drive them completely and utterly insane. Why couldn't he just be like Kable and not care as much? Honestly! Aside from scarce occasions here and there, Kable was never around the Victorian home and it didn't appear to be driving him up the walls.

'Mara. She knew what it was like to be a mother so Liam agreed that she could definitely help out if worse came to worse. Yeah, I'm sure everything will be fine. Liam said in agreement, but in his mind he couldn't be so sure. All they could really do now was help out in any way possible and hope that things would turn out okay. That was exactly what Liam had been doing ever since the pups had been born, and even before that during the final days of his mother's pregnancy.

Liam shrugged. With the war brewing, we can't really blame him for not being around much. Liam reasoned after a few moments spent thinking. Yesterday there had been a meeting and the contents of said meeting were perhaps also triggers to Liam's nightmares. He was having a hard time processing everything – knowing that they could be attacked at any given moment... that in a blink of an eye everyone he knew and loved could be in danger... Mentally shrugging, Liam concentrated on Kable and the words he was saying. Unfortunately, they didn't reassure him all that much either. Well dad is dad. He's the King and he cares a lot about the Kingdom. He's doing the best he can, I know it. It meant Liam needed to be there for his family to make up for his father's absences.

Wanting to change the subject, Liam leaped from his sitting position next to Kable and trotted around the guitar-playing wolf for a few moments as his mind mused around potential topics of conversation. Not much had been going on in Liam's life aside from the puppies and the news that there was a war between a few packs, including the Cour des Miracles. Then, as if he was hit in the head with a brilliant idea, his black lips grew into a wide wolfy grin. When you were younger what did you want to do as an adult? he asked. It was high time for Liam to beginning thinking about such things and a few ideas had been running around back and forth in the back of his mind. His big brother could definitely give him some insight – right?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Words: 503

[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

He remained silent as his brother spoke, although he didn't agree with his words he woul not press the matter. He couldn't compare Vigilante to his own father, who he hadn't seen in months. And while he didn't outright hate him, his lack of presence was disturbing to the silver prince. Kable had rarely seen his step-father since the war, and honestly he could see why Crimson Dream and Cours des Miracles couldn't just group up all their best warriors and attack any AniWayan wrongdoers. Because Kable was well aware that there were AniWayan's that had no part in this digusting turn of events. After all it was they who had been ursuped.

'I don't know' Kable answered simply, rolling his shoulders into a gentle shrug. 'Still dont'. He had never given much though to anything in his life, he guessed he was pretty happy just like this but perhaps he would get a mate and procreate as most did. He didn't see himself getting out of any run of the mill activites so he assumed life would always be like this. 'Why?' he asked, sliding his fingers up and down his guitar, smiling as it whine gently.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba704 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a99ecc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #; }
.freeba704 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba704 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#eee7d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IkoCb.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #928e81; padding: 0px 0px 140px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#928e81; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eee7d4; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba704 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba704 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: woo, new table!

Liam was still quite young and there were a lot of things about the war that he didn't really understand. Liam himself was a Hybrid – part wolf, part German Shepherd, part Malamute. His father, the king, was a dog. Wolves, hybrids, dogs – they were all the same; they were all capable of the same things. If anything, this so-called leader of Aniwaya was the only one doing wrong with his racial prejudices. Liam was hoping that somehow his dad and all of the other warriors would be able to put a stop to this nonsense without too much bloodshed. In the meantime, Liam would be in the pack-lands doing everything in his power to help out.

When his new topic fell flat on its face with Kable's short answer of 'I don't know' Liam scrunched up his face in a thoughtful manner. Kable was already an adult and he still didn't know what he wanted to do with himself? Liam found that very strange. For a while Liam had been worried that he wouldn't find his true calling before becoming an adult. He'd been afraid that he would forever be a Chevalier, doomed to be frowned upon as 'the King's pup with no talents'. In all honesty, if he really thought of it, what was he good at? He could read and write fairly well but quite a few pack members could also... He was learning low speech, enabling him to vaguely communicate with other animals, but that wasn't really great, was it? And besides, he wasn't an expert at any of it.

Sighing, he glanced at Kable again, eying the guitar. Maybe he could become a musician or something. The idea didn't really please him though. He had never really been into music or instruments or anything of the sort. The arts? Yeah, not for him. Kable had asked him 'why' and Liam felt as though he needed to answer honestly. “I just...” he drifted off, considering his words before speaking up again. He eyed Kable, searching his features as an attempt to read what he was thinking. “I don't know what I want to do and it's scary. Aren't you scared? What if I don't have any talents and can't do anything for the pack?” he asked. He wanted to be somebody – he wanted people to look up to him like so many looked up to his father.

<style type="text/css">
.liamcatori1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#061b35; text-shadow: 2px 3px 3px #56939d; letter-spacing:.0px; font-size:13px; }
.liamcatori1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liamcatori1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b3b7b8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2uors4x.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #061b35; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061b35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 405

Basic table code by Erin, edited by Kit.

[/html]
[html]
ooc goes here

Liam, in Kable's eyes, was worrying too much. The elder boy slid his guitar aside and turned to face the younger courtisan. 'Not really... If you don't have any natural talents, you learn 'em' he explained softly, 'If all else fails jus'... procreate or something?' That was the most he could come up with and he supposed almost immediatly that that was where he would end up. That was if he didn't get his co-rank. And perhaps he would do it anyway.

'You gotta stop worrying Kable warned softly, 'Every thing's gonna be fine. Don't think that just because of who your dad is that you're gonna have greatness thrust upon you. My dad was... well he's not here, let's jus' say that. And look at me'. It was no lie he knew that his brother looked up to him and it was one of the reasons that he managed to keep cool through this war and retained his chill even when he had no real talents that would aid a pack. 'I keep calm because I got you to look up to me' the silver male explained, 'An' the pups are gonna look up to you 'cause your here for them. An' even if you don't have any skills, there gonna be amazed by everything you do, because you're family'. He had no idea where all the heart felt words had come from but he was glad he ha said them.

<style type="text/css">
.roset1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.roset1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.roset1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CM7ws.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EEEABA; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 190px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#EEEABA; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]
OOC: awwww!

Liam didn't think he was worrying too much. His future was his future and if he didn't think about it – he could only guess how bleak it would be. What Kable told him though made Liam half-smile, an amused look in his eyes. “Procreate.” he said. He was as big as some adults in the pack but Liam was still very much a pup – a teenager. The idea of procreating was a little odd for him, especially because he didn't have many details on how the act actually worked. And then there was the actual idea of puppies. Him? A father? No way! Not now! He was better off being an older brother or cool uncle for a couple years at the very least. “I think I'd rather do something important like... I want to be somebody. he said simply – or okay, maybe not that simply. His entire mind was a foggy mess right now. All he knew was that he wanted to somebody deemed worthy of being the King's son.

As if reading his mind, Kable went on talking. Liam wasn't really sure what to say, especially when Kable's biological father was brought into the mix. Honestly? Liam had always considered Kable and 'Mara his brother and sister – who cares about the technicalities. Half... step... it didn't really matter. Vigilante had pretty much adopted Kable and 'Mara anyway. In Liam's eyes Vigilante was Kable's father, not Leroy.

“You're probably right.” Liam sighed finally. Sure, the idea of not having any real skills would forever plague him, not to mention how ashamed he would feel knowing he didn't really mean anything to the rest of the pack... but family meant the world to him and as long as they liked him, as long as they trusted him... he would be okay. One way or another he'd be okay. “Thanks, that was probably your best pep talk ever.” Liam said half-jokingly, his face contracting into a goofy expression as he pawed the other boy playfully.

<style type="text/css">
.liamcatori1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#061b35; text-shadow: 2px 3px 3px #56939d; letter-spacing:.0px; font-size:13px; }
.liamcatori1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#b3b7b8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2uors4x.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #061b35; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061b35; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
WC: 342

[/html]
[html]
ooc goes here

Kable smiled broadly, 'Nah... There's worse things to be doin' than that' he answered calmly. 'Think of it this way. You can end up as a Seigneur an' have a co-rank an' be surround by your family and the like, that's an alright life isn't it?' Kable though that to be a pretty comfortable life. 'No burdens, no jobs'. He always considered that a pretty cushy lifestyle to end up with. 'An' if you think about it, you're the last person that'd be demoted to Serf or kicked out for being useless'. Kable liked to keep himself fairly active, just in case. After all there was no blood between himself and his step father. Only a mateship bond. And although he liked to think he though of Kable as a son, there was no harm in being careful.

'Thanks' Kable said with a chuckle. 'An' y'know if you wanna know anything else. Like how to get the girls, you know where I am' he winked, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back. 'I'll teach you about everything, lil' bro. And you can tell the pups'. He enjoyed his conversations with his Liam. He enjoyed being looked up too and asked for advice, it made him feel somewhat important.

<style type="text/css">
.roset1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.roset1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.roset1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CM7ws.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EEEABA; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 190px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#EEEABA; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]
OOC: blah blah blah.

Liam shook his head, glad that at least Kable was entertained by this sudden turn of conversation. Procreating? Really? He had never really thought about that aspect of his future and the idea of a female being a part of it all – because he knew very well that it took two to make pups – was a little unnerving. He had no idea how to be romantic or what the opposite gender was looking for in a mate. Then there was the fact that he didn't know anyone in the pack that he could consider a potential mate. “I guess only time will really tell.” Liam said with a shrug.

Liam was already higher up the ladder than a Seigneur – he was a Chevalier. He was already surrounded by family, so that wasn't all that exciting, was it? Liam wanted excitement and adventure in his life! Something to make him stand out! Something to get him out of his father's massive shadow!

And besides, the idea of not having any burdens or any jobs... it was a little boring. He didn't say anything though, knowing that Kable was just that right now; a Seigneur without a co-rank to speak of.

Liam however was perhaps a little too ambitious for his own good, a trait of his that Kable didn't seem to possess. “I don't think dad is that type of leader.” Liam said thoughtfully, although technically he wasn't worried about being demoted to the Serf rank. He knew he was still pretty active around the pack, doing what he could. Losing height in the ranks ladder wasn't an issue... it was climbing it. “I mean dad is an honest leader. Even if I'm his son, if I screw up or do something bad... I don't expect him to give me special treatment. At least I hope he wouldn't...” Liam mused. He looked up to his father – the dog mutt was a hero in Liam's eyes and the young Catori hoped his father would always be fair, even to those who were blood.

Liam smirked at that last comment. “And... you know how to get the girls, dear brother?” the brown male asked playfully. “Because quite honestly I've never actually seen you with one.” Well, unless you count mom or 'Mara... Still, the idea of learning things from Kable seemed very awesome, Liam felt a little proud to be Kable Catori's younger half-brother.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
WC: 410

[/html]