[M] You Ruined All. For Yourself.
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

Forward Dated: October 10, 2011 Late at Night
Saxif's Mood: Psychotic in a sense. Distraught. Angry.
Desired Thread Path: Anything whether its someone to calm her down, someone to fight with her or someone to mess around with. She just ended her first relationship and is quite vulnerable at the same time dangerous.

[html]

WC: 484

The huntress tore at the branches her chest pounding and aching with anger. It was the only way she could feel at that moment. Her body was completely powerless to the burning fire of its fury. She had tried to seek solitude in the trees as she always had since the day she could climb. But even now they angered her as well, their colors that brought such beauty to the forest were falling. Fine leave! Be cowards! She didn’t know what she was talking about she just needed to yell to be mad at something, anything. She tore another branch from its thicker limb and growled. This change of season was not welcome to her it was only a sign that along with her heart the world around her would be going cold as well. This downright tantrum was getting out of hand, her hands were tearing and scraping as she attempted a larger branch each time. Her voice growled, snarled and barked as she mumbled pointless threats to the helpless tree. The distraught huntress was sure to fall at any moment but she kept catching herself just in the right moment. Finally it was all she could take she wouldn’t have refuge here any longer so she leapt from the branches.

Jager her faithful steed walked up behind her giving her a gentle nudge and a nicker. Quiet beast! I think its time to find something to kill. She had grabbed her intricately decorated bow that looked beastly in her hands when combined with her expression. Its edges sharp as any blade and its body carved with a fierce bird of prey, the golden eagle. She was about ready to track something in the dead of the night until she swore loudly into the air in her native tongue. When she had left in such haste she had not grabbed anything but her bow and her horse. She had no arrows, no dagger and no weapons. She took a deep breath sheathed her bow upon her horse as its tips were not for hunting but for defense, the last thing she wanted to do was to damage such a unique piece over a rabbit or otherwise. Fine. I could use some old fashion hunting. She growled to herself as her body started to shift.

Her hair shortened from the wild flipped out mess into a thick hackle along her neck. Each bone was crackling and popping as the joints reset. Her muscles shuddered to match the new positions shifting into her body like snakes wrapping their prey. She wanted to take off right away to seek something to fill her jaws with the lifeblood of some helpless creature. The secui hesitated though, she did not know why and in the partial second that she had she grew confused. What now?! She growled completely pissed off by this strange reaction her body forced.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[WC:263]
The night air was crisp, a breeze blowing through the region just north of Halifax. Carrion looked up from his fire, at the towers. It seemed they called to him. The coyote stood up, eyes fixed on the moon, sillhouetting a dilapidated structure. He had to go there. Now. He didn't know why... He just did. He kicked sand over his fire. Not like he would be sleeping anyway.
An hour or so later, he shouldered his pack and began walking from where he was towards the tower. Brush cracked on either side of him, leaves crunching beneath his feet. He sighed.
It'd only been a week or so since he'd joined Inferni, but he was still too nervous around other Luperci to really introduce himself to much of the pack. He'd been camping out in Inferni packlands, and the coast southeast of them, trying to get some sleep, unsuccessfully. His gaze was drawn inexorably toward the city. The coyote wasn't hunting,that was obvious- his unmasked movements made loud noises in the fresh piles of leaves, crunch, crunch, crunch... the gait of someone set on a target. His bone trinkets rattled softly, hanging off of the head of a bone-tipped javelin, a jawbone of some grazing mammal sharpened and polished. He stopped, sniffing the air. There was a wolf nearby. Putting his bags behind a tree, he drew out the spear, quietly searching for the source of the scent, annoyed that he was being held up. He couldn't see the town for the trees... but he knew it was there. Always there.
WC: 400+

Her ears twitched suddenly at the sound of leaves crackling in the distance. Someone was on the approach, her mind might have been completely occupied but her body’s senses were still active. She grinned menacingly almost as though fate directed an unfortunate soul to her. The lock in her muscles made all the more sense now. Her body swiftly shifted into a stealth mode her feet carefully and skillfully stepping around the many leaves she had stirred up. She moved toward the dense brush listening in the direction of the disturbed forest. It had grown silent but she watched with vigilance and easily spotted the movement. She kept low to the ground narrowly tucking underneath a red leaf bush.

The dune colored horse shifted uneasily in the distance he sensed something was going to happen but he couldn’t do much about it. Saxif had tied him to a large tree trunk and left him to only watch. He felt almost as though he were bait in this game of stealth. He hoped his master knew what she was doing.

The huntress grinned again as the male came into sight it was clear he was following her scent. Her calculations and instincts as a hunter had greatly improved for she had perfectly placed herself to be downwind of her trail that he followed. She watched as he became clearer in her sights. He gave Saxif the sense that if she chose to fight him that he would be a worthy opponent. His decorated spear an impressive piece of weaponry something that gave him an advantage in that moment. The bones on his person a fashion statement she thought was pretty remarkable. On another day he probably would have been someone she would have liked to meet. But today she was not in the mood and his posture looked slightly hostile cultivating her anger all the more.

When she felt he was near enough that is when she took her chance. Her hackles raised from the excitement giving her secui form a large build to her already well-defined body. Her legs pushed forward with swift and powerful control, she feared no one in that moment. All her training all her work dedicated to shaping her body into an equal opponent to nearly any male about to be tested. She darted from the woods with impressive swiftness toward him. Her intent was to disarm the male before he could react by ripping the piece from his grasp and tossing it away.
[:OOC: Tiny post, I'm sorry! Couldn't think of anything... D:]

The spear flew from his hands as the wolf lunged, to bury its tip in a nearby tree. Carrion cursed. He'd have to fight his new-found foe hand-to-hand. His ears flattened and he through the brush at her. "Don't hold back. You never have before." Directed at her, but spoken to noone in particular. He braced himself for the next lunge, teeth bared. No challenge would stand in his way. Not anymore.
It'd been almost a year since he'd failed the last challenge in his life, and that's how he earned the scars on his chest and the one on his skull. He could still feel the claws of the lion, smell its foul, rotten-blood breath as it screamed in his face. Strong incentive never to fail again. His eyes, glinting in the moonlight, watched her carefully, remembering what combat training he'd had. He could take her. He had to.
ooc: You changed it. I liked the last one XD but ok. I think our posts will be short anyway because we're going off each other's actions so no worries about length a paragraph will do for me. If you want them longer we can coordinate in PM's.

She succeeded in her action her grin grew menacing as her odds rose. This was perfect, a target for her anger her rage as she set the beast free within herself. Her eyes began to darken. Believe me I won’t. She lunged at him with a fierce growl but pulled back in a moment to watch his reaction learn his stance. She chuckled at her slight trick and it was a menacing sound. She had never fought an optime in her secui form so this battle would be interesting to the huntress. As she watched him react it was clear he was experienced. She wondered momentarily if she was in over her head but did it matter? She was already hurt why not add to it with a physical element. She lunged at him once more this time she chose to go for his legs hoping to throw him off balance. If she succeeded her plan was to jump atop him and give herself the upper level. This male had a world of hurt coming from the dangerously enraged female, or so she believed anyway.
He growled as she leapt at him, remembering his training- bending his knees he leaned to the side and let the tension in his legs go, dodging her attack, and rolling- straight for the spear that was currently lodged in the tree just to his right. He stood up and wrapped two hands around it- it was stuck good. He sighed to be breaking such a perfect weapon, it was one of his favorites, but he swung a forearm down to crack the wooden shaft off near the sharpened bone head. The bone trinkets scattered on the ground and he winced. He wielded the long spear like a staff, spinning it between his fingers, watching her circle around for another lunge. "You will not stand in my way."
OOC: Thought this would be a cooler position to strike her from XD.

The angered huntress slid to a halt the leaves and dirt stirring up in her wake. She had missed her target and he had skillfully dodged. She batted the ground with her paw thoroughly disappointed in herself. She shook off the miss and rounded as the male went for his spear. Her power in her body definitely shown in the struggle he had forcing him to break the spear. A stick? Really? She taunted with a menacing grin attempting to get into his mind stir up his emotions and throw off his game. Her mind was clearing now strategy forming. She jumped to the side as the male lunged with the staff dodging him only just barely. She chuckled as she turned swiftly and took her opportunity as his balance threw off slightly. She leapt at him jaws open to grasp him, claws extended ready to slash into his flesh. She wanted blood, a success to prove to herself that she was not just a coward afraid to love but that she was a warrior ready for battle in the very least.
He ducked down, gripping his staff tight, thrusting upward to strike her in the chest as she sailed overhead. He followed through to toss her to the side, and stood up. He wasn't very tall.. but in that moment he seemed to tower over her. "I told you you wouldn't stand in my way." He pointed the sharp, broken end of his staff at her throat, growling. His teeth were bared, his eyes centered on hers dominantly. He braced to thrust the jagged piece of wood into the prone wolf's neck.
Now she could see him. He was a typical coyote, black fur, natural rusty highlights. His eyes were open, revealing black pupils surrounded by green and blue discs. He had a large, grey scar on his forehead, an inverted V. A long scar ran across his jaw, and toward his eye. It was contorted a bit by his rictus snarl.
The time since her leap seemed to slow immensely. She knew she was in trouble from the moment his knees started to bend. His balance was regained quicker than she imagined. As her jaw shut to where his neck had been her body was above him. She knew she had been struck but the pain did not come until she hit the ground. She allowed a single yelp escape as the wind was blown from her lungs. Before her mind could process that time returned to normal she felt the jagged edge of the staff upon her throat. She looked up at him in his fierce state and felt her ears pull down just slightly a momentary flash of fear. No! Not yet. She thought, completely unwilling to lose so soon so easily. Saxif batted at the staff its tip scratching the side of her neck as it drove down. She swiftly regained her stance. You fight well stranger. The words spilled from her like an uncontrolled thought escaping aloud. She longed once more waiting for his strike her four-legged form swift enough to dodge. She turned her head and grasped his forearm in her jaw she tugged feeling her teeth drag into his flesh his blood filling her mouth.
He howled at the sharp pain, but didn't flinch- he'd felt worse. The scars on his back testified to that. He lifted her up, using both her teeth and his other hand, which had tossed away the spike of hardwood, gripped deep into the loose fur on her neck, to lift her over his head and pitch her hard into the tree that held the bone spike. She hit just above the spike, and he gripped his arm as she tumbled down. His claws had dug rents into her scruff, and she'd taken a nice chunk of flesh from his forearm when he threw her. The coyote's arm shot blood in bursts- she'd hit an artery when he threw her. He looked around for his staff- lost when he tossed it into the darkness. He'd have to do this the old fashioned way, he thought, turning to her to see if she was unconscious.
OOC: Slight PP let me know if I should change it.

Her body flew as her teeth were ripped from the male’s arm. Her maw spattered with blood. When she struck the tree she felt a horrendous pain rip across her chest. But with the wind gone from her lungs she could not yelp. When she finally hit the ground she looked up at the tree seeing the spearhead now decorated with bits of her fur and flesh. She was about to rise but realized her opponent was approaching. She closed her eyes calming her breath hoping to startle him. She kept her ears from twitching at his movement. She started to wonder who this male was for the first time since they had begun their attacks. He was obviously well trained and his heart was that of a beast. She crunched her eyes tighter forcing the thoughts from her mind intent on keeping with her goal. That goal was to succeed she needed to. When she felt him near enough she turned swiftly and leapt at the male gripping her teeth into his neck but she could not grasp just as she had his arm. Her moment so close to succession but now it couldn’t be further as his fur was clamped in her teeth. She was in a vulnerable position and she knew it, but her mind could not form just what else she could do to keep her odds.
[:ooc: I did some PP too, but I can change it if need be.]
He snarled at her, then pushed her head down into the tree roots, leaning on her side so that she couldn't kick him. A hand on her neck, and she was effectively immobilized. His eyes glinted in the moonlight at he stared into hers. "What is your purpose?" His voice was breathy and intense. His hands shook and blood dripped onto her face from the wound on his arm. His hand was covered with blood as well- when he came up, she'd have a bloody handprint on her snout. He sniffed of her. "These aren't packlands. Why have you attacked me? What is your purpose?"
ooc: let the talking begin XD

Saxif let go of her anger as the male started to question her. Her pupils started to grow smaller her golden eyes setting upon his. You were tracking me and when I saw you with your spear at the ready, I only assumed. She bared her teeth at the thought of him following her. She knew there was more to the story but she would not reveal that to the male. She didn’t know who he was and he was obviously a dangerous person. She decided to accept defeat as her muscles relaxed under his grasp. As she spoke she could not see a way out of the situation, his grip was strong and he was obviously far more skilled than she. Her anger already lowering her senses started to return. She had no beef with this male it was merely a misunderstanding… at least she hoped since he was confused as to why she attacked.

She turned her gaze away slightly disappointed in herself. You can release me. I will not attack.
He stood up, letting go of her. As promised, a handprint of blood on her face and snout was left, as well as the numerous drips of blood. "If you attack me, you will die." He turned to pull the bone spear's head from the tree, flipping the shortened handle in his hand. He bent down to pick up the trinkets that had scattered on the floor. "You owe me a new spear." He looked at her critically, eyeing her wounds before reaching behind a bush for his bag. Pulling out a small bag of herbs he took out a powder and sprinkled it on his bite. He passed it to her. "Here."
Carrion was still panting from the exertion of the fight, and the bone spearhead was gripped tightly in one paw. He still didn't trust her, but he was enough of a gentleman to assume she really did make a mistake in attacking her. She had- the numerous bruises and wounds that covered both their bodies testified to that fact.
OOC: lol... awkward XD

The huntress stood still feeling slightly confused at the whole ordeal. She finally looked at her chest and that is when the pain finally came to her. She carefully parted her thick fur to look at the wound and winced when the roots parted the gash slightly. She looked at his arm, it seemed far worse than her gash even though it was smaller. His blood was still dripping from the bite wound. You’ll need to tie that. She motioned with her muzzle toward his wound as she accepted the herbs rubbing them carefully into her chest.

She looked over at Jager in the distance, his form partially hidden by the thick forest. She could tell his tether was pulled tight from the angle of his body. If you don’t have anything to tie it with my horse’s reins could do the trick for you… but something tells me he wouldn’t be kind towards you. She smirked lightly hoping to lighten some of the tension that was thick in the air. What was she to do now? Just wave and say goodbye? Or wait until he left it was a situation she had never been presented with… well after a fight anyway. She found herself staring down at her chest as she thought. Then she looked up. I need to know the name of someone as highly skilled as you stranger. My name is Saxif. She held out her bloody hand then looked at it switching to the cleaner left one.
He pulled the string that held the spearhead to the remnants of its shaft free from the head, biting one end and beginning the wrap around the upper part of his bicep. "I have plenty of bandages in my pack." Bicolor eyes watched her closely as he withdrew a length of cloth, old and off-white from switching hands so many times over the course of twenty years, to wrap the bite she'd given him and staunch the bleeding for now until he could get around to finding someone to stitch it shut. Once this was done, he wrapped the leather strip around to hold it in place, then extended his cleaner hand to take hers. "My name is Carrion. I am of Inferni." He gripped her thumb with his hand, her fingers would naturally go around his own thumb. "My father gave me more than just scars. I owe my warrior's heart and strength to him."
His eyes searched hers. "You have no single scent. Who are you loyal to?" His ears were perked. Obviously, she was forgiven for her attack. He drew away from her, searching for his hardwood staff that he'd broken from the spear. It would be less effective due to its shortness, but he couldn't just go unarmed, could he? Nor could he waste good, seasoned wood like that.
She smiled feeling far more relaxed once the male cuffed her hand. He was obviously quite a character if he was so willing to befriend one such as her after what happened. This intrigued the female as she tilted her head to the side. Inferni? Haven’t heard much about ‘em. But as he sniffed and asked her where she hailed she grew uncomfortable again. Her troubles had been momentarily forgotten with in all the rush of their meeting. She thought for a moment thinking to almost tell a lie, to make up a falsified history as the truth discomforted her. As she gave a slight point to where the wood piece he seemed to be searching for she spoke with unease.

I was with AniWaya to the South… but the new leader felt it necessary to expel me from the lands. It’s a long story. The short version would always make her seem guilty but lately she had been regretting the act. Though the conflict of her mind always threw her off for what she did saved her mate’s life. Her mate who she had just left hours before their paths crossed. She felt her chest ache and tried to distract herself focusing on this Carrion character. Did you make that? She pointed at the spear head rather envious of it but her weapon of choice was the bow and her dagger which she no longer had.
He searched with his eyes where she pointed, and found it. The staff, she could see as he picked it up, and now she could see that it was not just a stick. It was a seasoned hardwood shaft that which was well sanded and shaped for throwing or stabbing. He snapped the sharp end off, and turned it around to where it tapered on the other side as well. "Yes. I... ah..." He smiled, the first time she'd seen him smile. "I make things." Carrion took a strip of leather from the numerous ones hanging from his bag, taking one end in his teeth and wrapping the other around the head of the shaft, placing the shaped bone head on and wrapping the leather strip around with his fingers. His hands worked quickly and expertly- obviously he did this enough that it was second nature to him. "I have heard of AniWaya. Some members of my pack raided them not so long ago, I heard." The coyote twisted the leather strip underneath itself and took one of the bone trinkets he'd picked up from the ground, hooking it on with the bit of wire that held it on to begin with. It looked just as impressive as it did before. He rubbed his injured arm. Her own wounds where she rubbed the mixture of herbs would be tingling slightly and starting grow numb- powerful medicine, it seemed.
[html]

I realized I started playing her like she was in Optime form. Lets just assume that she shifted after he released her from his grip. And she's just horribly awkward from being like a hermit for a while. XD

Saxif saw the joy it brought him to be able to craft such a weapon. The most she had ever carved were arrows. Wait here. I have a weapon that you would love to see. She darted off toward her horse and retrieved her bow. She returned with it in her hands held out in front of her. She was eager to show it off for the first time to someone who appreciated weaponry. A friend made this for me.

The bow shaft was decorated with intricate carvings of an eagle. It was dangling with colorful ribbons, beads, shells and a pair of golden eagle feathers that fell neatly just below her hand when she held it properly. It was busy but everything went together neatly giving her bow a slight feminine feel. The thing that made her bow unique though was that it was pointed at both tips, it gave her bow a deadly look to it for if she was ever caught in close combat it would prove to be a double pointed spear. She was quite proud of her bow she just wish she had arrows to actually wield it.

Its beautiful isn’t it. She looked up at the male with a smile realizing she had pretty much invaded his personal space to show him. She liked being around him for some reason. His heart seemed very much like hers; she for the first time felt a slight guilt for attacking him. She was a little confused as to why she felt strange, she just figured maybe it was due to the lack of canine interaction she has had in the past month. {i]Yes that must be it.[/i] She thought stepping to the side slightly to increase their distance. Sorry. What was she apologizing for she wondered then she continued. Uh… for attacking you. She smiled awkwardly.

word count → 312 ;; table by lin
<style>
.saxif-friendsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.saxif-friendscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.saxif-friends p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saxif-friends b {color:#c2c2c2; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #183058; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.saxif-friends {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#758EA3; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.saxif-friendsinner{background-color:#183058; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #183058; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[WC: 333]
[ooc: This is my first post with colored letters! Big Grin]
Carrion's head tilted to the side, leaned on his spear and watched her retreat into the woods. He didn't know where she was going, but when he heard the muted whinny of a horse, he guessed she was taking something from her pack to show him. When she returned with the bow, he stood straighter, leaning the spear against the tree he'd just retrieved the bone spearhead from. The wood still had bits of fur and a few splashes of their blood soaking into the old, old wood.

His eyes widened as she stepped into the moonlight and the weapon's beauty was fully revealed, bending over to examine the carvings and tassels, extending a tenative paw to running a gentle finger over the golden eagle feathers that hung from it. It's beautiful. I could only wish I had more training to make things like this! His voice died down and he looked up with an awkward smile, a bit ashamed at his enthusiasm. It's a work of art- better than the scraps of bone and metal I work with. His ears perked up when she apologized, then his eyes lit up with understanding. It's all right. Just... Hold on...

As the coyote turned around and bent over to pick up his bag, his back was turned to her, the light revealing a web of savage scars on his back showing why he was so resistant to pain. When he stood, he had something cupped in his paws. It was a small skull, and when she looked, it was a small, bleached hawk's skull. He smiled. I found this yesterday in an old nest. The spirits must have been trying to warn me, ah? He chuckled, and patted his arm, then poked the string through the eye holes and handed it to her. Here. A sign of good faith, from me to you.