To keep us prepared
[html]
Words - 500+

Jaden looked up and grinned at the sky. Today is another wonderful day in Ichika he thought before bringing his attention back to the deer sprawled out before him. Through its neck was a razor sharp arrow. Crimson nearly the same color of the Shishen’s belly bled into a glorious pool on the green of Dahlia Valley. The arrow shaft was bathed in gore. As Jaden cranked it from the dead animal a few flecks of blood spattered invisibly onto his dark fur. The smell was tempting and seemed to utterly fill every molecule of air around the man but he was not hungry in the least. Having already done his own personal hunting with Verloren a little while before, he was now completing his pack “chores”, though he would never call them that, while the younger tundra wolf decorated her little room in their home off the west of New Glasgow. She had seemed excited to have a place to call hers and would undoubtedly fill it with things to chew and small trophies just as a puppy would do in her mother’s den.

Jaden was not a mother. It was plain and simple. However, he was beginning to care for the little wolfess very much. She had nobody and neither did he. Similarly tortured souls coexisting in the same pack had to meet eventually. Jaden didn’t mind having to help her along in her puppy-hood. The poor girl was grappling with a speech barrier and learning lessons many pups learned at a much earlier age than she was now. His life seemed simple compared to the changes she must have been going through.

But the pup was bright and she was determined. So long as she didn’t go off and get herself lost exploring again, she’d be just fine alone while the Shishen hunted for Ichika. As thoughts of little Lost passed through Jaden’s pleasant disposition, he had shifted and begun to drag the large deer out of the direct light in Dahlia Valley. He pulled and jerked the carcass over shrubbery and around trees leaving a neat trail of blood until he was a decent distance from the grasses.

Once his large paws found soft, open ground he dropped the deer and began to dig. Digging a hole large enough to encompass the entire deer would take him the better part of an hour alone, but that didn’t bother the brute. This wasn’t his first cache of deer he’d buried and it would surly not be his last. During the move from the Dahlia de Mai lands to Ichika the pack had used most of its food stores and left behind what they didn’t. If they were to be ready for a drought or a hard winter this year, should they be struck by such misfortune, the lead hunter would have to work day in and day out, when he wasn’t training with his young companion, on caches all over the land so there would be enough to sustain the large wolf pack for any reasonable amount of time. It was a big job but he was determined. He began to think of all the reasons why Ichika was so great to pass by the time. There was a plentiful commodity of positive for him to mull over as he diligently worked the soft earth.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenzz p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenzz p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 244 :: OOC: Sorry it's not really good, and she's also in optime form Smile

Eclipse was being eclipse. She was enjoying her self in the bright sunny day, having already tended her garden and even prepared food for that night, though she wasn't sure if anyone would eat it. She was still unsure of her own cooking abilities, and the fact that most ate things raw. Catching the scent of blood she followed. Being a curious girl, and finding something might have happened, she was entirely interested. Once she was within eye sight of the bloodbath, she couldn't see much, but she did see drag marks to where the nameless took the dead animal. She walked along the path until she noticed movement, then she saw a man digging. Looking next to him was quite a large dear, bleeding from the neck. Had he done that all by himself? How? This was something to investigate but first.... introductions. She moved to make noise so that he knew she was coming and gave him a pleasant smile as she moved closer.

“I don't believe we have met, I'm Eclipse Soulstorm, I couldn't help but smell the deer and wondered what was going on.”

Her voice was still halfway between child and adult. Though she was still learning about the things around her she was fast becoming the adults her parents were. She had never questioned herself against them though, and knew that she had a lifetime of learning. This particular situation was one of those times.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait Sad Words - 300+

Digging was hard work. This was the first time Jaden had decided to try it in his optime form and it was not going well, but there was progress. He sat back on his knees after a time of strain and looked down at his work. It was just taking too long. He decided lupus paws did better and that he should probably shift.

But before he could begin the change, steps came wandering through the forest. The Shishen stood and turned to the she-wolf who appeared to be following the blood trail left by his handy work. He brushed debris from his fur as she introduced herself. Namaste, breathed Jaden in response and bowed respectfully. He found it odd that no one seemed to use the greeting system set by Nayru but him. Another few meetings without its presents and he would renounce it. Perhaps he would inquire about it to the Alphaess next time he saw her. My name is Jaden Ohanzee. It’s nice to meet you, he said sincerely. Then he looked over his shoulder at the deer laying still in the forest duff. Ah, yes. I should have figured someone might come to the smell of food. I’m building caches of food around Ichika in case we have a bad winter. We have next to nothing saved so there are still many to make.

Eclipse was young and pretty; a fine Ichikan pup just like Verloren but maybe a little older. It was hard to tell since little Lost was not a luperci. He then realized that she may have come after food with a hungry belly. It would be neglect of his duties as the pack hunter to let her leave in such a state or deny her what he had killed. But, If you are hungry, Eclipse, you are free to take this deer. I can kill another… or if you’d like to stay I could help you kill another? He motioned with a shrug to the bow and quiver of arrows on his back.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenzz b {font-weight:bold; color:#3f6934; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #11290b; }
.jadenzz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenzz {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#395437; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/23jq45d.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 280px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#516d4a; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenzz p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenzz p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 311 OOC: Erf Shaw fails buuuut I posted XD

Eclipse felt stupid as the man gave her the greeting she was suppose to give to all the other members out of respect to them and she bowed to him, repeating his words, feeling red faced, but as she was still a pup in many ways others seemed to treat her as such so she was learning the customs of the pack very slowly. She wasn't born in this pack so it never came easily for her. She was just used to being able to walk up to someone and greet them. He explained his reasons for being here, and showed her the hole to prove it. Eclipse smiled a little and looked back at him after glancing the hole.

“ I am not hungry, I just couldn't help but be curious, I had my breakfast already.... how did you kill this all by yourself, it wasn't easy for me and Saul to take one down together!”

The girl couldn't help it, she was impressed. Just to see the beast of the deer taken down by a lone wolf, maybe he had some kind of secrets that she didn't know about. She did not notice his motion to his arrow's and bow on his back, nor did she think to look at his back to find the reasons for how fast he killed the deer. Then remembering her manners she looked back at the hole again.

“Perhaps I can help you. It seems two is better than one for digging.”

She offered, then wondering if he would tell her or teach her how this worked, she knew when dead animals were dead, they would start rotting quickly after, so she wasn't sure how winter caches worked. Naryu had explained the animals could be saved for the winter as well, but no one had explained to her how.

<style>
.eclipse-gummy1 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.eclipse-gummy1 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.eclipse-gummy1 b {color:#b4171a; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.eclipse-gummy1 {background-color:#f0bc85; background-image:url(http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9334 ... gummy1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #6a0106; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#f2d7c2; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #923e1f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:424px; text-align:justify; padding:210px 0px 0px 0px; }
</style>[/html]