...but I digress,
[html]

It had been almost an entire month since Sky's plan had been completely foiled. She'd been captured. Ruthlessly so. Her ears had been forcefully docked, her hair cut (as she'd been caught fixing it one morning and the guardian in charge had decided to pick on her for it). Her eye had been further damaged by the stress and fighting she'd been doing, now noticably blind on the right, no longer impossible to notice. Every piercing had been removed, and not in the nice way. Her tongue had been split because of it, though she'd made sure infection stayed away the best she could.

So now she was spending her nights in a cabin with the other prisoners; Anu, an older Dreamer with a vaguely broken attitude, who still had plenty of fight left in her despite being on the of the longest-stayed prisoners.

Gotham, another Dreamer, a bigger guy with dark fur and lovely blue eyes. He'd been the last to arrive, as far as she knew. He was also Savina's son, as she'd learned through gossip prior to being captured. She felt bad for the kid, that he had to be in this position, but at least he wasn't dead.

Then there was Foxglove. Sky hadn't spoken to any of the other prisoners much, aside from a snide remark here or there (making her look like quite the angry person, which in all honesty she was). Foxglove was the one girl in the bunch that she'd taken an instant dislike for though; she'd been an AniWayan before being captured. Sky would've slapped her upside the head if she'd been able to, simply for still having been in AniWaya come Maska's take-over.

She'd also learned quite a bit about what had happened for Maska to become leader. He came from the Great Tribe outside of Souls, the original AniWaya apparently. He'd pointed out some stupid traditions and their previous leader, Dawali, had been demotted to an omega rank because of it.

In much plainer words, AniWaya had become a mess of disloyalty and corruption. Sanja was almost tempted to enjoy it all, though even that dark voice had some brains to know when chaos was good or bad. This unstable chaos threatened everyone and everything around it. This was bad.

Sky sat numbly in the dark Cabin room, curled up in the corner with her arms around her knees and her tail around her feet, eyes glaring out at everyone else there. The other prisoners and two guardians. She was sure now that there were others outside, though with the state their captured souls were in, there only really needed to be two to hold off any escape attempts.

Today was likely going to be no different than the rest. It was still very early morning. The sun hadn't risen and many of the folks around AniWaya were still sleeping. Soon they'd switch out guards, the shift ending in another few minutes, as she'd learned. Softly, almost inaudibly, she hummed to herself, the old celtic song that Tal had sung to her during their courting. She let her mind keep wandering, breifly touching various thoughts, like where Queen was and how Taliesin was doing back home. She missed him now, all of her pack, and wondered if they missed her at all. Would she ever get to go home?

• § : : OOC : : § •
Open for anyone, really. Prisoners and Guardians mostly, unless someone has permission to be in the Prisoner's Cabin. Sky's looking worse for wear.

<style>
.whitelies1 .padded {width:475px;}
.whitelies1 .ooc {text-align:center; text-indent:10px; font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:50px 110px 0px 10px;}
.whitelies1 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.whitelies1 b {color:#9BB9CF; letter-spacing:0px; font-familyConfusederif; font-size:14px; }
.whitelies1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IJagu.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFBDAE; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DBD9CA; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 110px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Wanted to join this since I need to play Ephy more, and he's a prisoner. :3 He isn't as much of a creeper as he sounds! Sky is probably gonna be pissed off at him; you have my permission to bite or smack him, if ya want. xDD /+5

Ephraim groaned.

The moment the AniWayans had figured out he had skill with a canoe, the Guardians had set him to building a couple. He had been up late the other night, chopping away at the gathered wood, falling into a repetitive rhythm that left his arms and shoulders entirely sore. Since his capture, his scent began to mimic that of the other Tribe members, but at the same time, he was more of a slave than a part of AniWaya. The Guardians who had initially captured him under Maska’s orders had teased him about being part of the Tribe—him, whose blood was tainted by a dirty dog grandparent.

Still, the eunuch remained relatively neutral, even though a nice girl had told him that Maska was a bad guy. While he didn’t quite like how things were being run here, he couldn’t complain much. The other prisoners, those stolen from other packs, were much worse off. And he had something to keep him occupied, so he wasn’t locked away for days and days in the dark cabin like some of the others. As indignant as he had a right to be about the situation, he simply wasn’t.

He was just sore.

The dark grey luperci let out another groan then sat upright on the cot he’d used as a bed since coming here. He’d offered it to the other prisoners once or twice, unsure if they’d had good bedding, though the thing could use several blankets. He’d slept buried in the snow before, so he didn’t really give a damn if he was elevated off the ground or not.

The chatty hybrid twitched his nose as he let his brown eyes adjust. He rarely got up before the sun, but he had no problem with it. His jaws stretched in a yawn, once again carelessly making noise, before he became aware that someone else in the room was awake—besides the persistently stationed Guardians, two very somber and very bored statues overseeing the prisoners.

The young woman—another pack. His sleepy mind worked slowly as he turned his head to see her curled up in the corner. Her name—he’d forgotten it. But she was not in the best physical state, and it was obvious that the Guardians had gone easy on him during his own capture, leaving him with some scratches. Then again, maybe she’d fought; he’d wandered along like a dog on a leash, big-eyed and simpering, hoping to show he wasn’t worth knocking down.

“Precious girl,” Ephraim murmured in her direction, swinging around on the cot so he could face her, his smile disarming. She was, in reality, an adult and not much younger than he was in his middle age. However, her injuries made her look vulnerable—like a puppy, a precious puppy. “Good morning, darling one.” He slowly stood and stepped a little closer to her, crouching and stretching out a hand carefully, not quite touching her. “Oh, if only I were allowed to make some tea. It wouldn’t help those wounds, oh no, but a little tea always made me feel better and cleared the nose.”

<style type="text/css">
.ephfisher b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher t {font-style:italic; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ephfisher {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#48592a; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/kckug8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #12210e; padding: 10px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#83a54c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.ephfisher .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her song was finished before a voice broke the silence nearby. It took her a second but upon looking to see who'd spoken, she realized she'd been the one spoken to. The voice belonged to an older male, well into his life by the looks of it. He had a strangely happy smile on his face, though she was sure she'd seen him before; he was yet another prisoner.

His talk about tea made her stomach turn; it'd been almost a week since they'd given her anything real to eat and the thought of something she'd normally have every morning made her remember just how hungry she was. She sneered in spite of herself, tilting to the side slightly.

"Would be nice, yeah." She croaked tiredly, glaring at his outstretched hand with suspicion. "...you smell like them. Don't touch me." Her almost-friendly tone had vanished upon noticing his scent, replaced with a show of teeth as she leaned away from his hand. It was a cruel thing to say but Sky had been feeling sick since day one, worn and tired, beaten and sore. There wasn't a drop of good mood left in her, nor any trust for those of the spiritual pack, loyal to Maska or not.

Ohaithur. Sky's grumpy. Pay no mind. XD

<style>
.whitelies1 .ooc {text-align:center; text-indent:10px; font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:50px 110px 0px 10px;}
.whitelies1 b {color:#9BB9CF; letter-spacing:0px; font-familyConfusederif; font-size:14px; }
.whitelies1 {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IJagu.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFBDAE; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DBD9CA; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 110px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Haha, I would be too. Also, sorry for the shortness of this one.

Ephraim was used to sneers. Whether it was because he acted like an oaf or he happened to be missing a certain organ, strangers sneered and spat upon him all the time. And while the mind working behind his broad smile was sharp, he gave no indication of noticing the disdain then or now. He only gave a quizzical tilt of his head and smiled again when she said tea would be nice in a less than enthusiastic tone.

Teeth flashed as she stated that he smelled like “them,” and instinct more than sense made his hand jerk away. A hurt expression lazily crossed his face as he wiped his paws on his white belly fur, as if rubbing himself would erase his scent. He scooted backwards from her a few inches and sat down Indian-style, hands folded in his lap.

“I’m so sorry, my darling,” the eunuch said, voice soft but thick with emotion—most feigned, although he did feel rather sad as he looked at her cropped ears and milky eye. “I smell like them because I go outside, sometimes, for work. But maybe I can help you when I go outside—oh, I met a nice girl who asked if we needed anything.” His level of idiocy dropped, replaced with a more or less genuine compassion.

<style type="text/css">
.ephfisher b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher t {font-style:italic; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#48592a; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/kckug8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #12210e; padding: 10px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#83a54c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.ephfisher .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Lies. Sanja spat bitterly from behind Sky, like a shadow only she could see and hear. He's one of them. Don't you dare trust him.

I won't, Sanja. She thought in reply, only half catching what the older male across from her was now saying.

Dynamite, maybe. She responded dryly, almost poeticly. Of course, she meant escape, but only a true idiot would phrase it so boldly. She wanted to keep to a more subtle conversation. Maybe if the old man caught on, she'd be a touch more interested; generally those looking for a way out had much more attention for reading between the lines.

The guards were idiots, anyway. She'd been able to avoid getting in trouble since the first week, all the while never changing her actions. They just didn't notice anymore. Like a fox, she'd figured out the shadows.

All she needed was a good distraction and some prime luck and she'd probably figure a way out... probably.

Then again, she could've been fooling herself.

Likewise. Tongue

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Rambly dialogue ahead.

The girl mentioned dynamite. Ephraim gave an alarmed snort then met her sky-blue eyes with a hint of a smirk. This one wasn’t going to waste time asking for small comforts such as more food or bedding, was she?

“You can be strong, precious,” the quarter-dog murmured, cutting the crap and letting a genuine smile settle gently on his lips. “Canines adapt. I’m not asking you to love all this shit you’re going through, but I’m telling you that you can be strong and bide your time.” There was an almost dangerous look in his brown eyes, a glimpse of the true man behind the façade. “What’s the hardest time you’ve ever been through, sweet girl?”

The eunuch would not ask her to share without sharing his own story, of course (assuming she would speak at all to a total stranger), and he rolled his shoulders and glanced back at the guards before the rest of his smile drained from his face. “Less food than this, far northwest. I had to fight other starved luperci to protect a stupid frozen carcass one winter.” He looked briefly at his hands, remembering encircling a grey throat when his final competition came. “We all have an animal inside us. It lets us live. It gets us through situations we couldn’t even dream of. Maybe it changes us in ways we couldn’t dream of, either, but at least I know I won’t die. And if I die, it’ll be after a lot of fighting.”

He grinned suddenly. “There’s a time for fighting, though… Just like there’s a time for dynamite.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

What the old man said left Sky smiling wickedly, an expression that fit surprisingly well on her slender face. She couldn't help but relate to almost every word. When he finished, that smile lingered and she sat back, lifting her chin and rumbling softly in defiance and pride.

Name's Sky. She finally informed, sounding as if she'd decided to like this guy, which she had. Sanja had also let up a bit, no longer telling her to be careful with him. And trust me, if this is gonna kill me, I'll be going out with a bang. That smile became a grin, all sharp teeth and dangerous eyes.

Then she calmed down a bit, eyeing him thoughtfully, if a bit suspiciously still. So why did they capture one of their own? You didn't listen to Big Daddy Maska, so they put you on time-out? Sky's voice was a smooth as silk as she spoke, no longer cracked or croaked. She'd dropped her beaten facade now, obviously making her injuries out to be worse than they were before.

You don't take me for the type to follow mindlessly, so I'm gonn' go with that. She spoke after a moment, no letting him get a word in to answer her question. So how come Big Daddy took over so easily? I figured even an old fashioned pack like AniWaya would have at least some loyalty. Why didn't anyone fix the problem before it started, hm?

She knew for a fact that if some no-good stranger came into her pack and demanded leadership from Skye, she'd have been one of the first to revolt and chase the damn rat away. Why the AniWayans didn't do so left her for a loop. They would've avoided so much war and bloodshed that way.

Not that avoiding bloodshed was in Sky's plans at all. She'd been completely serious about going out with a bang; if they were going to kill her, she'd only stop once she'd killed as many of Maska's goons as she could.... and maybe the Big Daddy himself if she could fit it into her tight schedule.

Derpa.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Starting to really like his thread. x3

The female seemed to have warmed up to him, and the offering of her name caused his smile to fade briefly in confusion, letting a glimpse of his real emotions through before he grinned again—slightly wickedly, this time. “Ephraim,” he replied simply before pricking his dark ears at her remark. Well, well, well… Precious has some fight in her as well. He had underestimated her a bit, what with her torn ears and weakness huddling up against the wall.

She’s playing my game, the eunuch realized, and for a second his grin became even broader. His comment on her promise was simple: “Boom.”

Then the hybrid began to giggle softly, though he hoped the Guardians were used to this noise—although they might have switched while the pair of prisoners were chatting. He ceased his rather silly chortles when Sky asked him a question, giving him time to start thinking before rambling on. She pointed out that it was strange for AniWaya to just lay back and let Maska walk all over them, and he nodded for a second, remembering that he had asked the scout, Ayasha. She’d mumbled something about “not having much choice in the matter,” and that left a host of theories but no clear reason why they hadn’t revolted yet.

“I actually haven’t been part of the Tribe long,” Ephraim explained, scratching his jaw absentmindedly. “I had heard about them and wanted to join up, so they let me—as free labor rather than a real member, because what else is a mixed-breed good for?” His voice wasn’t as bitter as someone who might be extremely proud of their heritage or sensitive about racism; he didn’t agree or appreciate it, but the hybrid remained a neutral viewpoint on most things, lest he started exploding at every wrong thing in the world.

“I’m not sure why the other AniWayans haven’t fought back yet—but perhaps they have and were beaten down. I’m not sure about how smart the Guardians are”—his voice lowered, his expression cheeky—“but I know they can fight. Perhaps the other Tribe members are cowards, or perhaps their pups were threatened. I don’t make a whole lot of sense, but… Maybe there just enough canines like you in the pack.” His eyes rolled teasingly. “Maybe we’ll never know. But I know there’s unrest growing and that many of the Tribe want to do something, just… They’re unsure of what they can do.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

She smirked at his speech, liking this old man more and more. However, she frowned at the end, scowling even. Her mind was buzzing, full blast this time. The wise-beyond-her-years girl didn't like how easily the tribe had submitted, but apparently this guy was the same as her; came to join, captured for his blood.

Not like we hybrids can choose our heritage. I don't see how it changes anything. Hell, some dogs can lock their jaws in a fight. Figured that'd be something Big Daddy would appreciate. She murmured as she thought, not really caring either way and just filling the silence for a moment.

Then it was right back on track again. I've seen this before. It's an easy fix. A sneer of almost disgust crossed her face and she lowered her chin, eyes cold and careful.

They're like ants. Groups like this are like ants. You have the queen ant, the big boss of the operation... then you have the little mindless followers. She glanced over at one of the guardians at the door, though he never noticed, too busy chatting to his partner at that moment.

But what happens when you take out the queen? She redirected her gaze to Ephraim again, a cruel but intelligent stare, twisted by her smile. The rest of the colony can't function. They lose control and they panic. You take out the queen and the rest of the colony will die. Her point made, she went on to explain her lecture on ants.

Why don't they just kill Big Daddy? He can't possibly be protected every second of the day by a hoard of guardians. Eventually the man will go to sleep or want some time alone. Every leader does. Every creature in existance, actually. A knife to the chest or spine. Poison in his food or drink. She shook her head, disappointed that the Tribe hadn't done anything yet.

He's not immortal. He's not a god. He's just a tyrant, like Hitler was for the humans. She rested her head on her knees again. Even Hitler died eventually, slain by one of his own men, or so I read. Big Daddy needs to die. Take him out and then the rest is easy.

Like ants. And yeah, Hitler. Sky reads a LOT of books.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I'm so sorry for the wait! *dies*

Sky seemed angrier about the mistreatment of hybrids than he did—and he could see that she had a bit of dog in her. He nodded in agreement with her statement but smiled softly to appease her. “If one believes there are weak breeds—all those weak breeds have died out long ago. We can interbreed for a reason, precious. Mixing genes is better than claiming purity in genes.” He tapped his hand against his leg for a moment, beating out a quiet rhythm as he looked over his shoulder. The other prisoners were silent as usual, always failing to respond when Ephraim was going on one of his rambles.

Then she sneered, describing the situation as she saw it, and the black and white male pricked his ears toward her. She alluded to taking out the queen—or “Big Daddy Maska,” as she called him—to destroy the colony. And it did seem simple enough when she said it that way. Why hadn’t the AniWayans done anything? There were things to lose—one’s own life, one’s family—but was death better than existing under tyranny?

“You’re making the Tribe sound like a buncha pussies,” the eunuch said, and he giggled crazily again. Well, he was doing nothing more than simply sitting around and working under orders, but at least he didn’t whine like some of the others. And while Sky complained, she also had plans. “You sound like you could take care of it yourself, if we weren’t all cooped up.”

What a pity. They could be free and out of here, at least if they managed to escape any honestly courageous Guardians…

Then what will you do, Ephraim?

He frowned, adopting her drawn-up-knees posture, and rolled his neck again, not sure what else to say.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

She paid his wise words no mind, her opinion on the hybrid matter firm and absolute already. Though when he giggled at how she'd made the tribe out to be, she smirked, eyes half-lidded and smile crooked. The moment I have an opening, that overgrown rat is worm food. She confirmed flatly, fully aware that she'd be able to kill the man if she got free... or rather, she thought she could.

Not that I'd be able to go it alone. I'd need help. A distraction, a plan. I'll admit, my original plan isn't going to work now. He'll never trust me. But oh, how she wished he had. He'd have been dead by now, probably. Poisoned and buried.

I need to get out of here. Regroup somewhere and figure out a new stradegy. I- She cut off, finally looking at him and noticingly his change in posture. She blinked, then leaned forward, inching over to the bed and putting her hands on either of his paws.

Oi. Are you alright, Ephraim? Though moving hurt a bit, being stiff, she knelt there below him, curious of his sudden mood change and falling victim to yet another shifted mood. Girl could've been bipolar with how often she changed moods.

Miss Bipolar.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hell, Ephraim was glad that the Guardians didn’t think to listen to the ramblings of a giggly eunuch and a beaten-down female prisoner. Sky was blatantly saying that she would kill Maska, given the chance, but he wasn’t sure that she would have that chance. As she said, they needed some sort of distraction, or they’d be cooped up in the cabin without contact with him forever. Shaking his head, he smiled lightly. “Your chance will show up, precious. You just need to look for it. And don’t go getting yourself ripped into shreds, either.” He lifted a hand to push some of his black dreads from his face, blowing some air out from his mouth quietly. “I mean, we have those other packs itchin’ to beat up the Tribe themselves.” Maybe they could slip out in the commotion, if something like that happened.

The brown female had noticed his downcast posture and came forward, resting her paws on his and asking if he was all right. The eunuch smiled and turned one paw over, holding her hand and rubbing his thumb over the back of it. He had been starved of comforting canine contact for seasons, perhaps even years.

“Do you have a pack, girl? Or at least a home to go back to?” Ephraim cocked his head, studying her face and her cloudy blue eye. “I have nothing. I don’t mind much, to tell the truth, but I’m not sure if I should be stayin’ or goin’ after all this mess is over.” He broke out into a broad grin. “Well, if I don’t die first.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

He asked her of a pack, holding her hand gently and, she noticed mildly, glancing towards her blind eye. You won't die, Ephraim. I'll be backing you every step of the way. I promise. There was that kind, giving smile, one so unlike the fighty girl he'd seen earlier. The real Sky was showing through a bit.

She brought herself a bit higher, straightening so she knelt on just her knees instead of sitting. You should come back with me, to Cercatori d'Arte. You'd be welcome there. Her home... she kept her voice low speaking of it, not wanting the guardians to overhear her talking; as far as they knew, she was a rogue.

She brought her head down to touch her nose to his hand, breathing out gently, something that used to calm her as a child whenever her sister felt the need to comfort her. An old habit. This war won't last forever. We'll be free soon. I can feel it. She looked up at him and smiled. You'll have to trust me, okay?

Officially accepted as family. XD

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I suppose this is close to done. :3 These two are awesome.

Here this younger woman was comforting him—and while he wasn’t as cheery as usual, it still amused him to think he needed comfort. He had the urge to tell her that he’d killed before, as well as done other revolting things during the frigid winter to survive. But that wouldn’t have proven anything, and he could feel a friendship forming for the first time in nearly half a decade. He didn’t want to drive her away with ghosts he could hardly remember.

Ephraim chuckled a bit as she smiled, noting how quickly her demeanor had shifted, and gripped her hands a bit tighter as she straightened into a kneeling position. She told him that he could come back with her to her pack, and his brown eyes wandered off to the dark corner she’d been sitting in before he’d spoken to her.

“Perhaps. I will definitely visit you.” He winked playfully, but he still had to wonder what Cercatori d’Arte was like. AniWaya had a very distinct culture, and he didn’t know if it would be easy to settle into it if he did stay here. Would the Tribe treat him as one of them, were Maska to be driven away? Or would he be a stranger, a prisoner who had decided on a whim to join before being captured and used for labor.

He could feel warm breath on his hand, bringing him back to the present and looking to her again. Sky reassured him that they would be free soon, asking her to trust him, and he smirked slightly. He reached up to run his hand through her shortened hair, an affectionate and friendly gesture magnified by his smile.
“I believe you, darling girl. You and I will kick ass.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]