Frienemies
OOC: Set more inland of the territory probably a day or two after meeting Blind. ^.^

IC: Yiska had learned of a small abandoned den from the local wild life about a mile from where she had set camp. It was there that she was headed for today. The crisp morning are stung her lungs and the night left frost on her fur. This was unacceptable for a woman of her kin and she was fully intending on claiming that den for her own until she decided it was time to hit the road again. Sfter getting and shaking the crystals from her fur, Yiska quickly rolled her sleeping mat up and headed in the direction she was given.

The frost on the ground crunched under her callused paws and the air already made her nose run. She hated this time of year and usually left down south by this time to relax the winter out. However, fate had made her run into a scent and she was going to find the owner of that scent before her yearly vacation. Getting unfomfortable she shifted into her optime form, though the cold air made the process all the more worse, and bore her clothes. After she pulled her lengthy hair into a pony tail she continued on her trek.

As the morning got later she decided that either a. she misplaced her directions and was lost, or b. the local wildlife was good for nothing besides killing and eating. Yiska mulled the thought over, wasn't paying any attention, and almost fell right into the very den she was lookin for. She didnt even have time to cuss before she corrected herself. This day was going to be interesting......
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this! Also, the familiar scent Ves smells is Blind, who she's friends with. xD I figured Yiska would smell like Blind a teensy tiny bit since they met recently. :3

It was a chilly morning, and Vesper shivered as she woke, shaking fallen leaves off her tawny fur. She blinked at the weak sunlight trailing through the clouds, taking a few moments to get her bearings. It had been a while since she’d visited the city and forests near the coast of Nova Scotia, and she had made her way back north once more to explore the woods and mountain foothills she’d come to be quite familiar with. As winter approached, she knew she would have to find a more or less stable trail to stick to where she would have some knowledge of the prey. Of course, she wasn’t sure how winter affected the animals in the ’Souls territories, but winters north of here had been harsher.

The loner started her day without any real urgency or care, apathetic to the territorial but beautiful songs of the birds that hadn’t yet migrated. She wanted to catch some breakfast if she could, perhaps a rabbit if she was lucky. There was little larger prey she could handle as a solitary female without the use of weapons, but she was small enough that it didn’t matter.

Vesper set foot cautiously on the brittle leaves, making her way through the wooded area and sniffing the air occasionally. The deer were getting into their rut, and she avoided where she could hear the clack of antlers meeting as males fought for the right of harems. Getting stabbed by a sharp tine was the last way she wanted to spend the morning. She swept her tongue across her lips and paused when she thought she could hear someone moving ahead.

The figure passed, and the coywolf sniffed after it curiously. It was a female wolf, a luperci, but there was a weak scent clinging to hers that made Ves’ heart flutter slightly. She didn’t know why she should be feeling happy at the smell, especially as she didn’t know this lone stranger, but it niggled at her memory enough that she had to check it out.

The hybrid loped after the luperci, too far away to see her, but paying close attention to her scent and other tracks. Finally, she came to the edge of the vegetation to see the timber wolf—just in time for the optime-formed creature to stumble into a den.

Vesper chuckled, effectively announcing her presence.

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Lol sorry about my belatedness lol

The chuckle of another caught the woman's attention. She groaned thinking to herself oh great another one. The woman eased herself up and looked into the direction of the laugh and saw another canine about five yards from her. The woman quickly shifted into her lupus form and after shaking off the shivers she approached the other canine with a new sense of curiosity, however mild it was.

As Yiska approached she caught the scent of female coyote and wolf but nothing else. So the new comer was a loner like her. That was good, at least she knew that she hadn't stumbled into another clan ground and she was still on neutral territory. The four year old woman aprroached the younger female with confidence. She held her head high and her tail with her ears perked forward. No, she wasn't looking for a fight, but she wasn't a submissive pup either. She wanted to see this newcomer and find out what she wanted and if she was going to be a problem.

The wolf was quite a bit bigger then the hybrid, but she better than to think that she was no danger. Granted the female could hold her own, but she knew of bigger wolves who were take down by smaller coyotes. Yiska stopped about a yard from the new comer and kept her gaze curious with a hint of indifference. Though she wanted to ask many questions about why the loner was here, she decided to get to the point before it became a problem. "Have I stumbled into you home?" She said light enough not to have an attitude.

<style type="text/css">
.yiskasnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#69503c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#898b9b 1px 1px 1px;}
.yiskasnow p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.yiskasnow {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#e0e4fd; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2ugewj8.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #656772; padding:550px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#656772; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.yiskasnow .wordcount {color:#898b9b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #898b9b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.yiskasnow .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ves is a jerrrk. x3

It amazed her how luperci could claim to be so superior when they seemed to lose basic abilities—such as the ability to walk. She imagined that it would be impossible to stand around on two legs like that, especially with arms dangling awkwardly like that. Some seemed to be able to move gracefully, but to her, it seemed so awkward. Perhaps that was her own prejudice kicking in, but she’d rather be able to run and hide and leap than handle objects with her hands.

Blue eyes widened a fraction as the cream and grey wolf transformed in front of her, shape compacting and crumpling into a four-legged form. It was always intriguing to watch, even if it looked painful at times. She tried to imagine herself going through a change like that but couldn’t; her body shivered lightly, but her face remained closed off despite her earlier laughter.

The aloof look did not retreat when the older female approached, head and ears up. While Vesper had a rather neutral posture before—no sense in challenging or submitting to a fellow loner—her instincts were stirred by the dominant posture. Her own coyote-large ears raised forward, and her tail lifted with a sweeping flaunt. She stood stiffly as the loner approached, quickly noting any detail that might assist her if the situation turned ugly. All she could gather was that the woman was of a rather average build for a wolf (read: larger than Ves) and had a few faded scars that she could see, which anyone could have obtained.

The wolf stopped, asking her lightly if she’d stumbled into her home. Her voice was not as challenging as her posture, and Vesper let herself relax slightly, though she didn’t back down at all. A faint smirk crossed her face.

“No, but I pity the creature’s it is. Didn’t do any damage, did you?”

Truthfully, her words seemed rude, but she wasn’t making a point to mock the female. Vesper was simply more inclined to tease than most—though the wolf could probably take it the wrong way if she wanted.

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

lol XD its ok Yisk can be a bit of a jerk back

The woman flicked her ears back alittle at the woman's comment before turning to the den she had stumbled into. "No..Though I'm sure if there was an inhabitant of this place I would probably be dead by now." An amused look entered her eyes. She examined the female's reaction to her approach, impressed that the younger one stood up so well to her. She wasn't use to the liberal life of a Luperci here, many, wolves and luperci, would part ways from the tough dominant one. Though it didn't help that most of her younger life was bullying the canines around her so that she would have life as a loner a it easier.

Yiska examined the hybrids steady stance and larger ears. She decided that if trouble was gonna happen...it would have happened already. She turned and walked back over to examine the den. As such, she lowered herself down and began sniffing around, becoming satisfied when she found nothing newer than the old old scents of former wolves. Looking back up at the hybrid she called out a warning. "You might want to take a step back a few, less you like eating dirt......" She then stuck her butt out and began to clear the den of all the rubble she had put into.

The woman was older but not old enough to fend for herself. She peeked out momentarily to see if the female had backed away, though a large part of her didn't care, she still wasn't in the mood for fighting.

<style type="text/css">
.yiskasnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#69503c; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#898b9b 1px 1px 1px;}
.yiskasnow {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#e0e4fd; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/2ugewj8.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #656772; padding:550px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#656772; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.yiskasnow .wordcount {color:#898b9b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #898b9b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry! I didn't forget about this; I had a hard time figuring out how to reply, which is my fault. xD

Turning back toward the den, the timber wolf quipped that she would be dead if there had been an inhabitant. There was a snort of laughter from Vesper at that, and her lifted tail fell to half-mast, sweeping once or twice behind her in a languid wag. She appreciated canines that had some humor; it made them seem more natural and easier to deal with. She did not believe in barriers—though, unknowingly, she put one up herself. One’s first impression of the hybrid was that she was generally cold at the beginning, but she made up to it by warming up to others quickly. There was simply no point in being discordant to everyone; it meant an early grave.

“Wonder who used to live there,” Vesper remarked casually, not truly expecting an answer. She dared to come slightly closer, though her dominant posture had been abandoned for a neutral one, indicating that she felt they were more or less on the same ground.

She watched the luperci sniff the den before warning Vesper. There was a momentary flattening of her ears at the suggestion, but the coywolf understood and backed away a few steps to avoid the rubble being flung from the den’s mouth. Watching the rocks and dirt fly, she took a casual seat. She didn’t feel like leaving yet; perhaps it was because it wasn’t quite warm enough to run around or because of that vestige of a scent that she couldn’t quite place.

“Are you from around here?” Vesper asked. She hadn’t met many loners born in Nova Scotia, and they all seemed shaped in some strange way by their experiences. Most wolves native to the land were born into the multitude of packs spread out around the great peninsula. “I’m from the north, myself—not frigid, ice-locked, don’t-see-the-sun-for-months north, but north enough to make some civilized luperci uncomfortable.” She smirked and lifted a hind paw, scratching at an itchy patch on her neck. A tuft of summer fur came loose, and she watched the tawny fluff float away before looking over at the timber, curious despite herself. “My name’s Vesper.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

its ok, I had some issues myself o.O, especially with all thats happeing with her sissy.

After ridding most of the den of twigs and such she turned to the woman outside "Wolves most likely, perhaps a coyote or even a fox. The scent is canine, its old...very old but strong enough." The woman really was more distracted by the den that she might as well been explaining to herself by how absent minded she spoke it. She crawled out and stood next to the other female, examining areas she missed and how much more deep she might have to dig in order to be comfortable.

The woman had noted that her mild joke had amused the other wolf. Amazingly enough, this made her grin alittle. The woman learned more and more, this place was making her into someone she wasn't. Someone who was actually happy. She wasn't happy ever...not ever since before her father was murdered. She put the uhappy thought before dealing with the female hybrid again. She saw how the female mildly mentioned how her homeland would have made a civilized luperci uncomfortable. Trying not to smile nor be insulted she sat down lazily. "Guess that means I'm not very civilized.." She hissed out the C amusingly.

Yisk had never been one to call herself such. She wagged her tail slowly a few time before finally letting up. She didn't like giving out too much information. "I'm from the deep tundra...North East of here I think. I've never been here so can't say I'm familiar to this area. I'm searching...for a family member." Yiska carefully examined the hybrid as she said her reason for being here. She decided that the woman wouldn't be a threat for now. She shook herself of dirt and and roots before giving the one named Vesper her name. "Nice to meet you. The name's Yiska Perethpaw, of the northern clan of Pereth." She didn't expect Vesper to know about her homeland, everyone she met thus far didn't, but who knew.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

“Must be a fox then,” Vesper remarked, watching the luperci inspect the den after most of the rubble had been cleared. “Those creatures reek.” She skirted the topic of coyotes quickly enough. Being a hybrid meant scrutiny from some prejudiced wolves, something that she didn’t think would go away even if she were to somehow gain that blasted virus. She was more proud about being non-luperci, though, as it was something that made her stand out among the general population; coyote hybrids were relatively commonplace.

The timber wolf sat down next to her, saying that she wasn’t civilized, and the smaller canine flashed her a smirk. “Fine by me. I like my women wild,” she teased, not meaning anything by the comment, though any awkwardness would probably just amuse her even more. She pricked her ears as the woman mentioned the deep tundra; it was somewhere even she had not ventured, though she’d met some grizzled wolves who lived that far north. She nodded once, her smirk slipping away into an expression of neutral respect. Idiots didn’t last long in tough conditions, after all.

Vesper nodded again as the woman offered her name. She hadn’t heard of the Pereth clan, but as xenophobic as her mother had been, they’d avoided company other than another fellow coyote mother here and there. She wondered if it was a large family or not.

“Who are you looking for?” she asked lightly. “I can’t say I know every canine in Nova Scotia, but there’s some chance I might run across them. I can at least send them your way.” She looked at the den again, thoughts of her own family creeping across her mind before she shook them angrily away. No, she wasn’t looking for her father or sister anymore—couldn’t take the anger or guilt. She would never admit it, but she was afraid of what she might find.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ah hahahahaha, Yisk isn't very good with the whole lovey dovey stuff so that was pretty funny lol be forewarned she wont understand the teasing lol

Word Count → 000

The older wolf nodded, agreeing with the female. Foxes were never something the wolf liked. Coyotes and other wolves she put up with..but not the furry pesky creatures. When the hybrid mentioned her next comment Yiska gave her a small strange look on her face out of the corner of her eye. What exactly did she mean by that? Still she couldn't help grinning a little and giving a small chuckle. The awkwardness only lasted a few moments before her attention was drawn to something else. Then she went from easy awkwardness to slight suspision.

The she-wolf thought her answer out carefully. "My brother...at first. He's not apart of this world, at least I dont believe he is. I was on his trail when I came across something else. A sense of the past if you will." She thought about the scent. It was a cross of her father's and mother's scent, but it had a twist all on it's own. The scent was very faint, so she thought she might have been going crazy. However, it wasn't a scent she remembered nor recognized as one of her siblings. So it must have been someone else. "Perhaps a ghost of someone who died long ago. One never knows."

Yiska shrugged, there was a small inkling of hope that it might be the tiny child she never got a chance to see grow up. When she learned of her mother's exile she automatically assumed the little one with her was killed by the she-demon. A sad huff escaped her lips and she automatically straightened to keep her feelings hidden. However, the thought of her past wormed its way into her heart and the saddness of it pricked a her senses. She looked over at the other female with a deepened look and quickly shook the thoughts from her mind. "So. What brings you here?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the short, crap post...
PM me if you need more to reply to. I drew a blank. xD

The timber woman seemed amused by her comment, though Vesper could tell that most of it went over her head. She smirked faintly to herself then swiveled her ears forward when the woman warily answered her question. The coywolf had meant it innocently enough, though she knew that it might have been taken as personal—but she wouldn’t have pressed the other loner for an answer if she didn’t want to give one.

Yiska explained that she had been looking for her brother before running across something strange. The euphemisms were strange, but Vesper didn’t press for a clarification. Her ears tilted back at the thought of a ghost, however; many canines that died deserved to stay dead, and she hoped that certain figures of her past had already keeled over. If she ran across her father’s scent, despite the fact that the bastard was likely still kicking, she didn’t know what she’d do.

Actually, she did, but it was too graphic to bring up to this stranger. Patricide hardly led to a good impression.

The luperci let out a huff, memories clearly getting to her. Politely, the hybrid glanced off to the side casually, giving her time to collect herself until a question was poised for her.

“Nothing really,” Vesper answered with a shrug. “I saw mountains, and I crossed them. I wanted to see something new, find somewhere where the prey is good and I can sharpen my skills.” She smirked weakly. “Though maybe I was running from some ghosts, too.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Its ok Your fine

Yiska looked over at the woman, noting that she wasn't the only one who had issues of the past. She nodded carefully listening to the female's words. She wasn't going to push the subject. Instead she, unhappily as it was, tried to take the female's mind off whatever it was by telling her alittle of what her past was like. "I was born to two luperci in a pack that was not. I'm sure had I been born to any wolf less than an alpha I would have been killed. However, I was the spoiled youth of their leader." Yisk smiled alittle.

Yiska turned to observed the she-wolf's reaction, then continued. "I have two other litter mates. My brother, Vulcan, and my sister, Zeru. They are both in packs, Vulcan is leader to his own and Zeru was just adopted into one by her mate. I also had a younger sister. I am to believe that she had suffered a much less fortunate fate then me or my siblings. However, it is possible she had survived. Even though a child like her should have died long ago." She heaved a sigh, not really sure what to believe.

Yiska looked unhappily at the hybrid, perhaps she could help, but she rather just keep her search reasons secret. "I may hope that it is her trail that I might be on, but who knows. Could be an imposter." She shrugged and got back down into the den. Scratching here and there she tried to put her emotions back into their locked box. Life was hard, and even if she found her sister as a wolf-skin rug on someone else's floor, she would kill the person, bury her sister, and move on. There was no point in lingering too much. She hoped for the best and expected the worst.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yiska began to speak—and Vesper blinked in surprise when the words turned to her history. She had thought the woman would want to avoid such topics, but she had no problem lending an ear to someone who wanted to spill information. It might not help her, but it certainly wouldn’t hurt her, would it?

Her lips drew back slightly at mention of the predominately non-luperci pack, uncomfortable about that particular image. The dynamic between those who had the virus and those who did not was usually an uncomfortable one in this scenario, with the dominant two-leggeds and the pack respecting the luperci child only because of her status within the group.

But Vesper made no comment aloud, only nodding slightly when she mentioned her littermates—and a younger sister whose fate she didn’t know. She admitted that was who she was searching for, before shrugging and focusing her attention on the den, though her heart certainly wasn’t into it.

The coywolf sighed, not sure what she could really tell this female. Part of her wanted to reciprocate with the tale of her past—not wanting to have the timber woman uncomfortable while she just sat. She’d always demanded equivalent exchange when someone demanded information from her, and it would be going against her beliefs to stay silent.

“If you smell your own blood, it’s your own blood. I don’t know how someone could fake that.” The coyote hybrid came to the edge of the den, looking in. “Unless you remember her individual scent, perhaps it isn’t your little sister, but it might be someone from your past or a relation you’ve never met before. I’m sure that you’ll find something.” She tried to force a smile, but as always only a weak smirk turned up her lips. Of course, she knew that what Yiska might find might not be what she’d expected or wanted, but she would keep the cynicism to herself; it might be in the back of the she-wolf’s mind anyway.

She sighed, taking a seat once more. “I’m not directly looking for anyone, but I have a missing sister, too. Problem is, I think I know who she’s with if she’s alive…” The image of the black monster coaxing her out of the den returned to her, and she gave her head a shake. “If I meet someone who smells kind of like you, Yiska, I can let them know you’re looking. I’m sorry I can’t do more.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]