OOC:
Character Name: Kiara Amarok
Character Age: 18 months
Character Gender: Female
Preferred Specialized Rank: Ikusei, Daigu
OOC Name: Ariel
Other Characters Played: none, new to 'Souls
OOC Second Form of Contact: arneedleman@aol.com

please indicate if your character is in Luperci form or not, it will make a difference on how my character reacts. She has never seen a Luperci before.

Kiara had never seen anything like it. During her travels she had observed many strange sights and behaviors, but never like this. The young wolf stood directly behind a line of flowers and stones. The line continued on in both directions and was obviously some sort of marker, but why? Kiara shook her head, trying to erase the question from her mind. Focus.
Kiara began to pace along the line of plants, sniffing the ground as she went in an attempt to pick up the usual boundary markers. After about ten minutes of searching, Kiara was forced to give up. Perhaps the usual markers were just beyond the stones and flowers. She looked out east across the plains toward the rising sun, now high in the air, but caution warned her not to go farther. If this was a boundary marker, then going any further would be trespassing and a grave mistake. Kiara lifted her white muzzle into the air in another attempt to pick up the usual markers. Each breath of cold air brought in different scents for her to analyze. The air was heavy with the smell of wet leaves and local fauna, yet an unfamiliar scent lingered in the air. Kiara though she could pick up the scent of wolves but somehow the scent was off.
The arctic wolf lowered her head and sat back on her haunches as confusion racked her brain. After several minutes Kiara finally decided on what needed to be done. Its worth a shot. Once again, Kiara raised her maw and this time she let out a long howl. Though the act felt silly, she sat back and waited for someone to respond.
[html]

OOC: Eclipse is in Optime form Smile WC: 263

Eclipse had actually be nearby, tending to the wild fruits that were finally leaving their homes to join the ground and possibly help make new trees, bushes plants, and what not. Summer was at an end and Eclipse was sad. She didn't have the time to store any of the really good stuff during the summer and she wanted to experiment with her cooking, but that was how life was, she'd at least have the ability to make more when spring came again and this time she would be ready come time. Her ears perked at the sound of a howl. The young girl grew excited. She'd met a howl once, when she was really young. When her daddy had been the leader of Dahlia, now she was older, and she didn't think that she could get away with so much, but she knew what she could do. She could see what they wanted and keep them company until a leader got there. The young adolescent headed toward the border where she saw a snow white wolf. Smiling kindly she walked to the edge of the border.

“Hello, my name is Eclipse Soulstorm and you are at the border of Ichika no Ho-en, is there anything I can help you with?”

She said bowing to the girl, as she had been taught by Saul. It was a proper greeting and she wanted to be a proper Ichikan. She loved live here and wanted to integrate herself more into the pack more than ever now that she thought she could possibly belong.
<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:normal; padding:0px; font-family: Franklin, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#66aa44;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:338px; background-color:#a0eefe; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Kcr8.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 370px 0px; font-family: 'Nova Mono', cursive font-size:15px; color:#777744; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

It wasn't long before Kiara noticed that the strange smell she picked up earlier was getting stronger. As Kiara anxiously looked over the planes she noticed a tall figure striding towards her. The young wolf couldn't help but take a few steps back, whatever was approaching her was not any canine she had ever see. Although the creature resembled a wolf, it stood on two legs and had very strange forepaws. With the being drawing closer Kiara began to get more and more anxious. Instinct took over as the arctic wolf bent lower and her ears flicked back and down. Every inch of her body told her to run from the strange creature, yet curiosity compelled her to stay. Kiara only began to relax after the brown animal began to speak. It's kind words and broad smile made all of Kiara's fears disappear. In an attempt to save herself, the young wolf stood and bowed to Eclipse.

It is good meet you Eclipse, my name is Kiara Amarok. I am a traveler from the north. I was wondering if you and your...um, pack would be kind enough to put me up for an period of time. I have traveled far and now I simply wish to settle down for a while.

The white wolf tried her best to keep her head lowered and tail down as she spoke, as was polite. Yet curiosity gripped at Kiara's heart and she couldn't help but glance up at frequent intervals. Kiara just hoped that she sounded polite and prayed to the moon that Eclipse did not notice her previous and current behavior.
[html]

OOC: Smile if you could put *leader needed* we can hopefully entice a leader, but we can continue the thread without one, just wanna make sure we get their attention ^^

Customs for a luperci were somewhat different than that of any normal wolf pack, some actions could easily be ignored or overlooked, and Eclipse being as young as she was, and not having the parentage that most wolves had, she was able to overlook anything as long as it wasn't openly offensive.

“I see, I am sure that a leader is coming, I can't accept you or anything. I can keep you company. How far north have you come from? I've been pretty far north, but there's not much where I was.”

For such a young girl, Eclipse was well traveled. She had been many more places than some of the wolves that lived here in Ichika, but she wasn't one to brag about it, especially due to its circumstances she was usually quiet for the reasons she left the area in the first place. The girl wasn't entirely proud of her past, but she had left to find her father, and even though she couldn't find him, she knew it was a lost cause anyway. Though she really thought he was alive, deep down she knew he was gone, never to return again.

“Are you from really far up where it's always cold? I had heard about it but I haven't traveled that far.”

yet, she thought as she asked, her eyes alight with excitement, happy to be one to get news from a newcomer first. It was rare for the girl to be at the borders to greet someone, so it was even more rare to know about things in the surrounding lands that were so far away.

<style type="text/css">
.mudpie-a02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#77d9f7;}
.mudpie-a02 ooc {padding:0px; font-size:10px;}
.mudpie-a02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; font-size:12px;}
.mudpie-a02 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#313433; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/157c6iw.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 20px 0px 500px 0px; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; color:#f8f7f2; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Welcome! Big Grin This post is gross.

At the time of the call, Razekiel leaned nonchalantly at the river's edge just outside his hut, acoustic guitar in hands and song in throat. Ears perked at the curious noise — the coyote still terribly unaccustomed to being called upon for authority-like duties — but with an increasingly excited grin the Seiryu rushed the guitar back into his humble abode and, plucking from the lawn, brought it to his lips and grasswhistled for Lark.

"It was not a voice I recognized, man," the coyote considered aloud to the blue roan as the stallion carried him to the assumed destination. Arriving in time to hear the stranger's plea for a haven and home, Razekiel slipped off the horse and stepped up to them with all the sun's glory in his grin and welcoming open arms.

"Namaste, namaste! I thought I hear the winds calling my name, man," he grinned, moving to slip an arm over Eclipse's shoulders even as he continued to address the stranger. "Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en, sunflower. I am Razekiel, and we would be happy to house a new face seeking family and love. Tell me about yourself, yeah?"

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC:Nice to meet you guys, this is really fun!

Kiara become more excited with each passing moment. Not only had a new face shown, but this newcomer was also similar to Eclipse. Although Kiara was apprehensive at first, all of her worries had disappeared and it took every ounce of her control to keep her tail still and to prevent herself from blurting out questions. Still, she managed to keep her head and tail low and polite.

Thank you Razekiel for generosity. My name is Kiara Amarok and I am an arctic wolf from Wood Buffalo Park where the summers are mild but short and the winters are long, cold, and dark. I decided to travel from my home to see new sights and meet new people. Now a pack and friends is all I desire. Kiara's stomach gave an audible growl and she gave an embarrassed smile. Some food would also be nice and I will do any work that is required of me.

Kiara continued tell the strangers about herself and her background. She explained that she lived in a small secluded pack and how even on her journey she did not meet many others. She told the wolf and coyote about her hunting skills and how she specialized in fishing and taking down large prey. The young wolf tried to talk in a slow and respectful manner, yet the burning desire to ask a question became too much. Eventually, just she quickly just blurted out the question.

I don't mean to be rude, but I have never seen on of your kind before. What manner of being are you?

Kiara became shy because she was aware of how rude the question sounded and wished more than anything to take it back. She only hoped the strangers would not take offense to her remarks. What a great impression I've made she thought sarcastically.
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the poop post....

Eclipse nearly jumped out of her skin when Raz took her shoulder as a resting place for his arm and she felt the heat rise as the normal puppy love inside her took in effect and she looked down hoping the other did not see her obvious pleasure in the physical contact but her leader. Though she felt great pleasure that Raz was there she was also entirely embarrassed, why hadn't Naryu come and save her that embarrassment. The woman started talking of where she came from and that she wanted to join the pack. Eclipse listened even though she didn't have to, there was no moving now until Razekiel did. Then her question made Eclipse double take a little. Her kind, beings? She looked up at Razekiel not sure how to respond.

“What do you mean?”

Then she realized she spoke out of turn with the leader there and knew that she probably shouldn't have, as this was now a serious matter and she should be the quiet subservient she should be. She knew she wouldn't be entirely repremanded but it was now not her place to speak out and she felt a little hotter than she already was. She probably didn't have to say anything anyway because the man leaning on her was basically all knowing anyway.
<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:normal; padding:0px; font-family: Franklin, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#66aa44;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:338px; background-color:#a0eefe; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5Kcr8.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 370px 0px; font-family: 'Nova Mono', cursive font-size:15px; color:#777744; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]

My poop post is smellier than your poop post. :I

The scarlet-masked coyote burst into small, chipper laughs at the joiner's growling stomach, his smile and demeanor altogether pleasant and welcoming despite any initial nervousness and anxiety the girl might have had. That included Eclipse, of course — Razekiel vaguely noticed a stiffening of her shoulders at the touch of the coyote's arm, as nonchalant and carefree as the action had been. He squeezed her shoulders to his side once, then released her.

"All winters are cold and dark in these parts," he said finally, adding a youthful shrug. "But the winter is not always unfriendly. The Great Mother needs her rest as well, working as hard as she does during the year. You will find warmth here; this I promise, man."

When given a quizzical look from the young Soulstorm, the coyote only winked and smiled further. "She speaks of our two legs, sunshine. We're called Luperci, Kiara. This guy believes the condition is genetic, man, or you can grab that groove through some love bites, or pounding the wood, or... you know, swapping fluids, all that."

He shrugged. "Might be harder for you to perform some tasks on four legs, man, but you can do it. What can you offer us in skills?"

<style>
.razboatsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razboatscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razboats p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razboats b {color:#883E4A; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #B93B45; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razboats {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.razboatsinner{background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; border:1px solid #883E4A; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
The snow white wolf was worried for a minute that she had offended Eclipse. Though in her opinion, Eclipse seemed a little distracted ever since Razekiel showed up, however this could just be Kiara's imagination. Kiara was regretting her earlier question more and more until the coyote answered. Luperci, real Luperci! This day just gets better and better. Kiara was truly grateful for the kind understanding of the two before her. Back in the pack, this sort of behavior would have never gone unchallenged and often got Kiara in trouble with her parents.

The question directed toward the arctic wolf made her stop and think. She tilted her head to the side as she ran through the regrettably short list of skills she actually possessed. She had told the two strangers about the hunting abilities she was so proud off, so she began to tell the pair about her tracking abilities as well. All of this talk of her previous life made her home sick and the young wolf wished she was back home with her family. My family, that's it.

"Although I am proud of my hunting skills, I am also good with children. I practically helped raise my siblings, or two of them at least, and whenever we got visitors from nearby packs I would always be in charge of the pups. I really like kids, though my sister always said I should be counted as a one."

Being as young and inexperience as she was, Kiara hoped that her simple skills would be enough.
[html]

OOC: Exit Eclipse, that way you guys won't have to wait on my replies cause i'm slow.

She was entirely embarrassed now, and though Razekiel gave her a wink and no reprimand, she felt she had been out of turn asking questions, so as he stood on his own two feet again she waited for the best possible time to leave, so when Kiara finished speaking she smiled politely at both of them.

“Since Razekiel is here, I will head out, I still have my chores to tend to.”

She said, though she couldn't think of anything right away she was sure her cousin would have some kind of work for her to do and she bowed politely to the two of them and turned and walked out of sight, knowing that Razekiel was probably disappointed in her outspeech, she should have known better, especially if she didn't know how to answer a question. She wasn't a pup any longer and her outbursts wouldn't always be held with kindness, she already knew that, but she was still getting used to the idea she was growing up. She was sure that Raz had everything under control and she would just be a burden to the process. She had done her job by making sure the woman was welcome.

<style type="text/css">
.tree_04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tree_04 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tree_04 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tree_04 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4200/tree01.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Noelle [/html]
Welcome to Ichika no Ho-en!

Welcome and congratulations! You are now free to begin posting as a pack member, even if your joiner thread is not yet completed.

Your first task as a member of Ichika no Ho-en is to create a thread within the InH subforum performing the as directed by the Ichikan who accepted your character. This thread must be within the Ichika no Ho-en subforum and must have at least one other InH member within it. Feel free to create an all-welcome thread, and refer to the link given above or to the leaders in PM if you have any questions! Smile

Of course, there's plenty more to do, too!:

• Look through the Ichika territories for interesting environments and scenarios to create threads in.
  • Your character has been titled as a Dai-In, but if your activity is consistently good, they can be promoted up into the Specialized tier of ranks, where your character will have a job that is theirs and theirs alone for the entire pack. Take some time and look through the and get a feel for where your character might fit for when that time comes!
  • Glance through the pack game and get a feel for what you can post about that will earn your points towards things like icons, titles, player-drawn art and more!
  • If you haven't yet, take some time to thoroughly read through Ichika no Ho-en's and policies pages so you may get a better feel of how the pack works and what you may or may not want to aim for with your character.

Please don't hesitate to PM the with any questions or concerns you have at any time! If you would like to request posting tables, avatars or signatures made for you, you can politely do so in the Talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in , or to seek out a Mentor! We're really happy to have you with us, and hope you'll enjoy Ichika no Ho-en!

[html]

You're all set to start other threads as an InH member (sorry for the delays!) with your Initiation Task thread being the first, but let's finish the joiner thread here too in addition. Big Grin Welcome to InH!

Eclipse was quick to mumble something dejectedly, hastening out of his reach and out of sight within a matter of seconds. Straw eyes looked after her with worry misting his view — had he said something out of turn, something condescending? He had been summoned, after all, but the coyote still knew little experience when it came to leadership. Perhaps the child thought of him immature and reckless, and out of embarrassment of his flimsy charisma skills scurried from their midst. He considered this briefly, but dismissed it from his mind with a shrug. These were things to address at later times.

Twisting and twirling the stick of marijuana with his tongue, the Seiryu listened as she explained her upbringing with short and simple words. He believed her to be quite charming and friendly, and drew no bad feelings from her character. With a quick nod, he made the decision as easily as one might in choosing which type of flower to pick or which fruit to eat.

"We don't have any little guys running around right now," he considered aloud, pulling at the tuft of fur hanging from his chin, "but we can always use the extra eyes and ears. I think you would be a good fit here, man."

"Couple more serious questions, though," he said, straightening. "Ichika's a place of peace, man, spirituality and love, man. If you're the spiritual type, it'd be good to know... as well as if you'd committed any real crimes, yeah? Can't just let anyone in, as much as I'd like to."

<style>
.razladderooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razladdercred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razladder p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; color:#8E8C6F;}
.razladder b {color:#809A73; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #BFBC8F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razladder {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.razladderinner{background-color:#E0DEC3; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ladder.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #E0DEC2; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: Thanks so much!
Kiara was sad to see the Eclipse go and wished that she would stay a little longer. Kiara felt like the two of them could become close friends if given enough time. After the she-wolf left, Kiara brought her full attention onto Razekiel. If she was going to get into the pack, he was the one she needed to impress, not Eclipse. The arctic wolfs ears perked high with delight when the grey coyote told her she would fit well with the pack. Her tail beat the ground softly and all she wanted to do now was let out a long howl of delight. Still, Kiara hadn't been fully accepted and she new it. Instead, the snow wolf bowed her head again to show her gratitude.

Kiara listened with all her might as the coyote asked his question. The idea of living in a spiritual place was not a new concept to the she-wolf. Kiara closed her eyes for a second as she remember the long talks her mother would give to her and her siblings. She remembered the lore of the moon and sun, and how the aurora housed the souls of the dead. Even as a young pup, she never really believed all of her mothers stories, yet she could never seem to ignore the stories of the moon and aurora.

Spiritual is perhaps not the best word to describe me, though I do believe in some spiritual beings. As for crimes, in accordance to the laws of my pack I have never committed a crime. However, I would like to know what the laws and customs of Ichika no Ho-en are so I don't accidentally insult someone.