Blood sweat tears
[html]

Word Count :: 000Amaranth out in the open space at the old home in Lunenburg. Set after the raid on CDM since Zafier will be dead after the raid on CDM

Amaranth snarled and kicked the ground her Bo staff laid on the ground in front of her. Stupid war it was destroying everything she had. Her mother was shaken and having a difficult time now though she never acted outta sorts till the pups were not in the room. They were a month now and moving about a bit, starting to talk and Amaranth was just glad when everything happened they were safe with her at the hotel. She turned to the tree that now had both her sister and uncle beneath it.

She stomped her foot looking at it. "I hate you, I hate you so much. Why'd you have to die." She yelled at him. She was so angry her uncle, he wasn't always nice but he was her family he had been there for her. For her mom, it wasn't fair why the hell did they have to bury him too. She wasn't sure how he died what killed him but she knew he died protecting her mom. She came out with nothing that would kill her but she was pretty upset still.

Amaranth looked at her bo staff and picked it up. She sat down and looked at the spot where both now laid and cried a bit. She placed the staff on her lap and looked at the one that marked his grave. His staff the grave marker for him. He'd carved this one too, he made sure what little he knew she would know. She closed her eyes and sat there, what was she going to do. Not many would miss him but at least she would. "Nous vous implorons, O le Seigneur, visitons cette maison et en conduisons loin tous les pièges de l'ennemi; permettez à Vos anges saints d'habiter là afin de nous préserver dans la paix; et permettez à Votre bénédiction d'être toujours sur nous. Amen". She said repeating a prayer her mother had taught her. "I'll kill them all I swear" she hissed lightly under her breath.

Image courtesy of; table by Me!

<style>
.Aeronsh {width:560px;}
.Aeronsh .text { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ddle-1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:305px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; color:#d00606; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px;}
.Aeronsh b {color:#FFFFFF; }
.Aeronsh p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.Aeronsh p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.Aeronsh .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.Aeronsh-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Aeronsh .side1{float:left;width:150px; height:300px; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mara-1.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#ffffff; }
.Aeronsh .side2{float:right;width:150px; height:300px; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /right.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#ffffff; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: =( (338 words)

Liam's entire body ached and his mind was a jumbled mess. He couldn't remember just when he'd separated from Robin and Ayasha but he had. In fact, he'd shifted from his Secui form into his preferred Optime form a couple minutes ago and had gotten most of the blood out of his brown fur. A scowl seemed to have sarred his face as solemn eyes glanced around the Court in despair...

“The King's brother-in-law... Zafier. He's dead.”

Liam heard the words but they didn't fully sink into his cluttered, blurry mind until minutes later. It was then that he started running, ignoring the pain in his legs as he did so. His features were strained and a low growl crept from the inside of his chest and into his throat as he glanced around for his family – his dad, his mom, Kable or 'Mara... He wanted to know if the rumors were true. Was his Uncle really dead? If so, who had killed him? Liam had never been close to his Uncle but he wanted to know. Whoever had done it... whoever had struck the fatal blow... Liam shook his head aimlessly. What was he going to do? All of the pain... the idea of hurting somebody... it was slowly driving him crazy. This whole war thing really wasn't for him.

“Mara.” Liam whispered as he walked over, a careful hand resting on her furry red shoulder. He was still a bloody, muddy mess and a few scratches and bruises plagued parts of his body but he didn't care if she saw his state or not. He was old enough to fight – no one was going to scold him for being a hero today. He stared down at the fresh grave for a few seconds before his eyes moved to his grieving red and white half-sister. “This sucks.” was all he could say.

So many people were getting hurt – physically or emotionally – because of this and it just had to end.

<style>
.heart_liam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #606060; font-familyConfusedans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#cdcdcd;}
.heart_liam p {margin:5px; text-indent:16px;}
.heart_liam b {font-weight:bold; color:#cdcdcd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #888; }
.heart_liam {background-color:#0b0704; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2dtrygo.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #71502f; font-family: sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#645f5c; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:405px 10px 10px 10px; }
.heart_liam-border {width:320px; border:1px solid #cdcdcd; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Amaranth Catori

She was broken or at least feeling like it. She looked at the grave she had made she had gotten her mother home. She was mainly shaken a few cuts and bruises. She wasn't sure who had killed him and she wasn't sure why he hadn't tried to run, why he hadn't taken mom ad fled. The blood that stained her fur was her uncles and she just wanted to mope.

a hand touched her a a light growl, she just she felt hurt. Purple eyes glanced at her brother who stood next to her. Where had he come from, she had been watching her siblings and all this had happened. Amaranth looked at him, "you fought to didn't you" She said.

She wondered if he'd ask. But she would tell him the truth. There really wasn't much to tell she really knew that her mother would need them. "Mom and him came out here to get the rest of the stuff. All I know is that someone tried to attack her and he fought off the attacker injuring them enough. But he well he was struck down." She choked back sorrow. The wind blew a bit as some of the papers her mother had tumbled about.

<style>
.hb-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.hb-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.hb-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.hb-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#F0DAA9; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.hb-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Piano.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#694E41;}
.hb-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.hb-b02 {background-color:#694E41; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #694E41; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Poor Catori family. (336 words)

Amaranth looked sad and broken and Liam wanted to do something about it. He hated seeing her like this. The brown Catori boy's frown deepened even more at her words. “Yeah.” he told her simply, not wanting to get into the details right now. He wondered if anyone was going to ask – would his mother want to know what he'd done? What would she say if he told her about the wolf he had injured and then killed? He had done it to save his best friend Robin, but it was still killing and the look on Robin's face... He had clearly noticed the fear in her eyes at the sight of him ripping and clawing that body. “I'm fine though.” he added as a reassured, although a part of him wondered who exactly he was trying to convince. Himself or his older sister? Physically he would be perfectly fine in a couple days – maybe a little sore but otherwise fine. Mentally though? Liam decided he'd probably be fine too, but chances were it would take a little longer.

After Mara explained what had happened to their mom and uncle, Liam's legs gave way and he fell on the cold October earth beside her. His eyes fell on the grave again. “Do you know anything else? Dad... Kable... the pups?” Liam wondered, his face an expressionless mask. His heart was aching and in his mind so many scenarios were playing out – what if he'd stayed with his mom? What if he'd fought with his uncle instead of running off to be a hero by himself? Could he have saved his uncle's life? “I should have been around.” he muttered finally. But then he thought about Robin and how she would probably be dead – or severely injured – if it wasn't for him. He liked Robin a lot. She was like a sister to him and the idea of not having her around anymore didn't please him one bit.

<style>
.heart_liam .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #606060; font-familyConfusedans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#cdcdcd;}
.heart_liam b {font-weight:bold; color:#cdcdcd; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #888; }
.heart_liam {background-color:#0b0704; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/2dtrygo.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #71502f; font-family: sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#645f5c; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:405px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]
[html]
OOC text goes here!

Amaranth didn't care that the boy had fought. She didn't even care that he was ok. He was a catori he would survive it was there job. Her uncle told her about what had happened to mom and his home pack and she knew that they had survived the mess there for the Catori Line would live on. "Your a Catori of course your fine." she said looking at him. read hair blew in the breeze.

Amaranth knew a lot she knew that Aniwaya would pay for this attack. "The pups are fine I didn't fight Jiva and I were watching them. They were safe at the new house not here." She wasn't sure about her father but at least he could make Liam feel better about the little siblings.

Amaranth looked at him as he spoke. 'What would you have done? You could have been killed too they took no mercy." She said as she took a deep breath kicking the ground. "Stupid" she said. It should have been her or anyone else not him. He was all of moms past that was left. He made her happy they seemed so close. Amaranth huffed, what the heck was she going to do now?

<style>
.ama .ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.ama p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.ama b {color:#9b01b8; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.ama {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/1337/amaranth2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#716c65; letter-spacing: 1px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.ama-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.ama .separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dashed #c591cf; margin:5px auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: I blabbered a lot. I was at 470-something words and wanted to hit 500. LOL (508 words)

Liam listened to Amaranth speak, his bi-colored eyes filling with hate towards Aniwaya, if only for a moment. Seconds later they were cold; emotionless again.

Yes, Liam was a Catori but Zafier had been one first, and now the older man was lying crumpled and lifeless under a pile of dirt, his niece and nephew mourning him. Liam didn't say anything though, merely nodding. He was glad that Mara wasn't making a big deal out of him fighting. He had half-expected his family to glare at him in fury, telling him that he was too young or too vulnerable – that he was forever forbidden to do anything anymore. But then again he sure hadn't expected one of his own family members to die fighting. For now Zafier Catori was the one that truly mattered, not Liam. Unlike his brave, brute of an Uncle, Liam was very well alive. The thought brought yet another pang of hurt in his chest. His heart was aching with sadness, although his face remained expressionless. This really sucked. Why his Uncle? Why now? Why like this?

At least Jiva and the pups were all fine. Liam wondered about Niro and if 'Mara had any news on her mate. “Good. That's good.” was all he could muster though, not wanting to make Amaranth worry if she didn't know where Niro was or whether or not he was safe. Who else had died fighting today? Liam knew Robin was safe – or she had been when they'd parted ways not too long ago – but what about her family? The storyteller and the knight? What about her brother Linden or her sister Felicity? Liam was worrying about so many people, yet to be honest he only new a few of them well. The stress of everything was really taking its tole on the young Catori wolf and he just wanted it all to end.

Liam hated to admit it, but his sister was right. What could he have done? He felt like arguing though, a bitterness inside of him wanting to get out. “You never know. It would have been an extra pair of hands. I could have tried to save him.” Even if that meant Liam dying in his Uncle's place? Liam wasn't sure what to think. He had never been close to his mother's brother. Would he have truly given his life in order to save Zafier or was it just the guilt plaguing him now? He sighed, his hand moving down to touch the dirt on top of Zafier's grave. “At least he died a hero. We'll always remember him that way.” It was the only thing he could say now. Everything other word, every other thought... everything else imaginable made him hurt.

Liam just wanted the day to end. He wanted to go sleep for days without being bothered. He wanted to wake up with the innocence of a pup again. The innocence he had lost today. He just wanted to pretend none of this had happened.

<style>
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Amaranth Catori

Amaranth looked at her brother. "Its too late now for what ifs and well it might have. Amaranth looked at him and smiled. "We are catori's we are brave we are strong and we are to stupid for our own good. she said as she looked at him. She laughed as she tried to break up the doom and gloom it was really bringing her down.

She started to walk away signaling for Liam to fallow her. She couldn't just stand there she had to move she had to ignore the fact that not everything was ok. "You have to promise me something" She said as she walked. She had never really been one to care but becoming a mother might have been the best thing to ever happen to her. "Promise me that you will survive." She said after a long pause. She stopped looking at all the damage. So little time had passed since the Aniwayians had left. Destruction and death had been left in the wake. "And that you will take care of mom and the pups. She wasn't sure this war would let her survive. She was going into it head first. And Liam was lucky he had gotten the genes of their mother and those of Vigilante. He was more level headed then her true father Leroy. She was bull headed like her dad short temped like her uncle and the only good trait she got was motherly love. We'll tell the pups if they ask, we'll tell them of their gallant uncle who saved our mom and died defending her to the end. We'll try to brush out some of the bad about him. After all a man who gives his life isn't all that bad." She placed her staff in the ground as the wind blew.

<style>
.hb-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.hb-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.hb-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.hb-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#F0DAA9; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.hb-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Piano.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#694E41;}
.hb-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.hb-b02 {background-color:#694E41; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #694E41; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Kit is sadface. (537 words)

Liam nodded. As much as he wanted to argue, there really was no point. Amaranth was trying to make the situation better, telling him that they were brave and stupid by nature. To be honest that didn't help him all that much – maybe he was brave, which sometimes made him do stupid things, but he had never really considered himself (or any of his family members) stupid before. Nonetheless, all he did was shrug and utter a simple “Mhm.” as he returned 'Mara's smile with a forced, false one of his own.

Liam sighed as he gave his Uncle's grave one last look. For a moment his eyes went and rested on his sister's own grave – it was almost a year old. To think a tiny body was resting below, a body that had been in his mother's womb with him. Liam knew about his sister. He didn't really remember how or when he'd found out – had he always known? – but he did know. Along with Noah, Ame had been born into the world but unfortunately for her she'd never gotten to experience a single breath. Liam often wondered what it would be like to have a sister his own age. Would he have liked her? Would she still be here? Maybe she would have fought alongside him, Robin and Ayasha? Or maybe she would have been more like Felicity, Robin's sister. Maybe she would have been too girly too fight...

As quickly as he had glanced at Ame's grave, Liam glanced away and fell into step with 'Mara. He was a little caught off guard by her sudden demand. He had to promise that he wouldn't die. As morbid as it sounded, Liam knew that wasn't possible. No one could 'survive'. You were born, you lived and you died. The circle of life... What? Liam was scared and angry and sad and... and he had every right to think such thoughts in his condition! He knew she didn't mean it that way though and that she was telling him that he needed to not die on her during the war. Then she spoke of him taking care of their mother and the young pups – three little ones that were still so vulnerable... Liam nodded firmly. “I promise, sis.” he said softly. He did see through her words and noticed the meaning behind them. He could tell a part of 'Mara was considering the possibility that she wouldn't make it. 'take care of mom and the pups'. She was saying it as though she wouldn't be around to help out herself. Liam's heart ached. He wouldn't be able to handle any more loss... especially not his sister. She had Niro, Jiva... their mom...

She had a lot more to lose. She couldn't die. “According to me, Uncle Zafier was a great wolf, in life and in death. That's what I'll tell our little brothers and sister.” he said with a certain nod. It was odd how he had never really said much to Zafier – a few greetings, answering questions when he was addressed... but otherwise he had never actually struck a conversation with the man. Liam regretted it.

<style>
</style>
Table by Kit.
[/html]