Lean on Me
[html]

OOC:

WC:300+

It had only been a couple days since he had heard the news. Anu was back in the manor, safe. Things should have been back to normal by now but they were just as bad as before. Cambria was missing now, stolen away by the Guardians apparently. Savina was furious but they still waited, but what were they waiting for? It had been this question that lead Jazper to start searching for land to start his own pack. It was impossible to sit around knowing that this war, every scar gained, every wolf lost, could happen again. Each pack had a few warriors within it but never enough of a force to stand up to injustice, such as that going on in Aniwaya. If Aniwaya had more warriors they would never have fallen under a new rule, if Crimson Dreams had more warriors he would have had a trained group to bring into battle so Fia and Anu would never have had to suffer.

Walking up the stairs of the manor with a small bouquet of daisies. He had been putting off visiting Anu as he thought she could use the extra rest but now was as good a time as any. Flattening the wrinkles on his pale blue shirt the warrior knocked tentatively afraid that his friend might be sleeping. Opening the door slightly he poked his head in. “Anu?” He questioned in a whisper. He wanted to share his new dream with the wolfess who had been so dear to his heart. Although he had yet to tell Savina himself, thinking it better to wait until after the war, he believed that Anu of all wolves would encourage him in his new quest. She had always been good when he needed a friend to lean on, to tell his secrets, and today was no different.

[/html]
[html]

Any news that she was brought only brought her more anguish. She had listened to Mati scream and cry when Cambria had been taken, and when the anger had subsided and the grief set in Anu had held her with weak arms. As she had feared, they had come looking for her, or at least a replacement prisoner. Guilt and anger came for her heart once more, and she lay beneath her blanket with no strength to remedy all the wrongs. Once a woman of hope, her faith was now dwindling as it had in the cabin at the edge of AniWaya.

The creak of the door made her turn to see who sought her company, a soft call of her name told her it was Jazper. She sat, propped up by pillows, in the bed. Her hands folded on her lap as she contemplated the changes in the world around her. Energy was slowly returning, but the older female had yet attempted to venture outside her room for very long. She was far from her normal self, if she was to ever reach that point again. "Come in Jazper" She spoke with a small smile. The bandages remained, one around her neck, the other her wrists and ankles. Her gaunt form was the only other evidence of her mistreatment. She extended a hand towards the chair that had been placed beside her bed. Alder's normally vigilant seat.

"Those are lovely" She commented, looking at the flowers.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Her quiet voice, as docile as ever, let him know it was okay to enter. Opening the door the rest of the way the friendly giant walked in, his head only a foot or two from the ceiling. Her gentle smile reassured him that she was okay although the from the look of his grey leader ‘okay’ wouldn’t be your first thought. A look of concern fell across the warrior’s face as he placed the flowers on a near by table, mentally reminding himself to bring a vase into the room. Glancing over her bandages as he took a seat in the chair beside her he held back a grumble. She wasn’t in the condition he had been hoping she would be returned in however, it could have been much worse.

Shuffling in his chair to get more comfortable the Knight rested his hands on the edge of the bed, folded neatly. “Anu?” His voice was serious, something he rarely was around his nature-loving friend. She had been there for him in a couple of breakdowns over his life and he trusted her above all the others in the pack to give her opinion and advise. “Anu, I’m leaving.” He choked out quietly. Almost as soon as it was out he was double guessing himself. Maybe he should have waited until she was in a better condition. “After I’m sure everything has settled down I’m going to make my own pack. I’m going to train warriors to defend the packs, make sure that you don’t have to worry about getting hurt like this ever again. No one will.”

He had spent his left dedicating everything he had to protecting Crimson Dreams but now he wanted to take on the burden of protecting the packs from each other. Bright yellow eyes looked up to Anu’s blues with an unusual shyness. He hated telling his friend he was going, but he didn’t want to wait until the last minute and spring the information on her in a goodbye.

[/html]
[html]

Anu did not expect the tall dark warrior to be calm and collected. No one was in times of war. He was obviously uneasy and she could only assume that it was because Dreamers were being stolen from the sanctity of their borders. She allowed him to speak uninterrupted, and what he said she could not have foreseen.

Leaving? She watched the large male for a moment, her exterior shifting only slightly. Her understanding for those who wished to venture off and find their own had always been a deep well, she often wondered if her sons would look to a new path away from the Dreaming world. But now? She looked away, a sudden feeling of insecurity rising inside. Her confidence was poor, her reserve of faith dwindled to mere crumbs.

If it is what calls to you. You can't deny it. She spoke, eyes returning to the wolf at the last few syllables.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Daawwww Sad

His own confidence took a turn for the worse as the light grey female turned her blue eyes away from him. What was she thinking? As she spoke again he felt the guilt ball up once again. It was a difficult time for Crimson Dreams right now but everything would be back to normal soon. Feeling the need to explain himself more he calming continued, “I won’t be leaving until I’m positive the Guardians are taken care of and peace is returned to Aniwaya.” It was difficult to explain his intention, “I’m not leaving you Anu, I’m still just a call away. You know as well as I do that it is taking way to long to get a force large enough to take back Aniwaya. If I train warriors next time we wont have to wait if it comes down to prisoners and raids again.”

Looking at the fragile women he just couldn’t explain how he was feeling. How do you explain to such a broken soul that you’re not up and abandoning her? With a soft, reassuring smile he spoke words he never thought he would, “I love you, Anu. You know I’ll always be here when you need me.” She had been around since he was a very young man and here she was, still with him three years later. She and Savina would always hold a special place in his heart, and he wanted to make her believe that he would still be around. It was difficult to think about leaving in the middle of this war but he had to remind himself that it wasn’t time to go yet and he would be back to visit regularly. It was impossible for him to leave all of his friends and family behind. He would be trying his best to make the pack close by of course.

[/html]
[html]

It was hard to understand this new idea. She was a simple creature, and to her a pack had always been the gathering of a family. It was the young and old living together with the mere hopes of survival. But to bring together those that had a common purpose of helping their neighbors. It was not how she envisioned a pack, it was simply hard for to understand. But, he would be leaving.

Anu could not remember a Crimson Dreams without Jazper. He had always been with them. He had saved many from danger, including her own Mati. He assured her it would be after AniWaya was subdued, and though she wished to appreciate his consideration she was having trouble looking past the heartache that never seemed to leave her. A hurtle that she could yet climb over.

But she did not need to look away again, and nodded when he spoke. She could see the insecurity in him, and Anu was not one to breed such feelings in others. No matter how weak or beaten she had become. A white and gray hand reached out to take his. It will not be easy without you. She assured him, still shroud by the feeling of fear. It was hard to be brave, even when she was finally home.

But, change never is. I hope the best for you and your warriors. Her words were soft, understanding and yet sad.

[/html]