Make me Believe
[html]
ooc

Colibri was out and Haku was in, and nothing Cercelee did could change that fact. The conversation Mew and Cercelee had, had cleared up a lot of confusion for the Rosea. For one, she know knew the true reason of Inferni’s attack on her pack, which Cercelee pinned on Haku. She also knew why Haku had done what he felt needed to be done, though that did not mean he went about such business in the proper way. And now she also knew that Haku was accepted into the pack by Mew. Cercelee did not distrust Mew’s judgement in allowing the male access to this pack, after all Haku had been her caretaker for awhile. While he was far from perfect, Cercelee knew that when Mew said that he was not inherently evil, that was true. Haunted, perhaps, and he may do evil in his life, but that in itself did not make him evil through and through. And Cercelee also believed Mew when she reassured the Rosea that Haku would not hurt anyone in the pack, however Cercelee had to make sure Haku believed that.

The female had come to the harbor, which was empty at this time of day, the sun was too high in the sky and baking the earth so the fish were not biting so to speak. Cercelee had picked this spot because she did not particularly want any intrusions when this conversation took place, because although Haku rivaled Cercelee herself in acting a role and playing a part, Cercelee guess that there might be a chance of either of them saying or doing something that she did not wish the other pack members to witness. And there was a better chance of Haku being honest if he did not have more witnesses.

[/html]
[html]

---

[Image: tablespacer.jpg]

In a proper way, there was no proper way when handling the coyote clan. He moved in a steady pace, his own as always. He followed a narrow road that once had been a walk patch in the sunny summers for happy humanoids with their little children, feasting on ice cream in the delicate heat. Haku did not ponder the reason for Cercelee’s pick of meeting spot, because he had nothing he would say to her that he could not share with the rest of the pack. What he would choose to hide, he would hide for them all. His ears perked high and a gentle wag adjusted itself to the slight breath of a light breeze. Silence, except for a couple of retarded seagulls. Blue eyes gazed out towards the water, and the land that barely could be spotted on the other side. Inferni land. He was content.

I trust Colibri will not be happy when she hears I am within these lands as a member. His voice expressed a slight worry, and he was in truth interested in how his mother reaction would be whenever she found out. He should search her out soon anyway for his own reasons. His glance had yet to reach his new leader, as the dancing surface of dark blue was hard to leave. Tranquility, was what he felt when he was by the sea. One of the few places he could feel a complete calm. He gave a light sigh just for the sake of it and sat down , two third tail wrapped around his creamy forelegs.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Haku arrived promptly and sat easily across from Cercelee. The younger female watched him, waiting, until he did speak, and then it was of Colibri. So he didn’t know? Or did he just want to hear it out loud? Either way, Cercelee didn’t care. Colibri was out of the picture, Haku only had one leader to contend with now. “Colibri’s opinion doesn’t matter. She’s gone now Haku. She won’t be returning to Dahlia de Mai.” And no doubt you’ll be please of it. But Cercelee didn’t say that out loud. It did not matter if Haku was pleased or not, what he knew or not. As long as he knew the rules, and as long as he understood that he had to follow them. While Cercelee herself was smaller than Haku, and presumably weaker, she knew that she had the trust and support of the majority of the pack and Haku couldn’t hold his own against all of them. And if that wasn’t enough there were other ways to remove a pest, though Cercelee did not think they would have to go that route. Still, Haku needed to understand, if he could, that he was not invincible.

The navy eyes stared at the male for a moment, her tail swished behind her. Cercelee did not put on any act now, because truthfully she did not hate the male, so she did not have to pretend not to, and while she did not trust him she wanted Haku to know that she did not trust him. The female could easily have let him believe that he had the upper hand and that he had he complete trust, and she then could have used that false security to her own advantage, but she was not so vindictive, and did not believe such deceit would be beneficial to the pack. ”Why here Haku? Why not another pack? Tell me truthfully, do you want to be here or have you another reason?” He could honestly wish to call this pack home, after all Cercelee believed he cared for his sister, and she knew in some strange way he might care for her too, after all he had kept her alive as a child. Fed her, protected her, taught her skills she would need to live on her own, and while they were not the closest of friends that was a hard relationship to forget. And it was strange now, that Cercelee ranked above him, when he had played something of a father figure to her.

[/html]
[html]

---

His eyes lazily moved to meet hers and stayed there as she spoke. She made this more complicated than she had to. She was the head of the pack, but she did nothing, the rest of the pack did nothing, they were equal all of them. She did not trust him, although he had given her no right to not. He had not done a single thing to Colibri, not a single thing to the pack. If he promised something, he actually kept that promise. Colibri was gone already, and there was so much he should have poured down at her. It was a bit disappointing in truth, because it could have created interesting intrigues because of Colibri’s constant fears.

It did not matter if she trusted him or not though, because he never let anyone get under his skin under any circumstances. Her question struck him as dumb. Why not, it was here his closest family was. Cercelee was part of family no matter what she thought of the Sadira line. Not only that, but he had in fact taken care of both the females for quite a while, and he could not deny that he had somewhat feelings for her. Another family member to add to the list. He found it sad that she doubted his purposes so openly, or seemed to.

Home is where the heart is. Should be answer enough. Everyone who currently mattered somewhat to him was here. Only missing was his daughter, but she would probably not come back. You know me, Cer.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Cer shook her head at Haku. “I do know you Haku. I know that you caused this problem with Inferni, and that you raped one of their females. I know that a while back you tried to kill your mother. And I also know, even if you won’t admit it, that you are the reason Coli hasn’t come back. Of course I know you Haku.” Cercelee wasn’t playing around, and she did not intend on making life simple for Haku. “Mew had accepted you, and that’s fine. However I can remove you. I don’t wish to, so don’t give me a reason to. I don’t care what you do in your spare time cousin, but so long as you are in this pack and representing this pack as a member you will not be causing trouble with the other packs, yes? The damage with Inferni has already been done, but do not give any of the other clans reason to scream for our blood.” Haku had not caused the trouble with Inferni unprovoked, so Cercelee did not really assume that he would cause trouble with the other packs unprovoked, but what it took to provoke the male Cer could only guess. Perhaps only a whim of his and that would be that.

“And knowing what Colibri has told me of you, I’d also like you to understand that if you harm or threaten any member of this pack, it will cost you more than your membership here. Yet, dear Haku, you’d never dream of hurting this pack, you are only here to help us, correct?” The words were spoken as a stern challenge, and her tone was a serious note it rarely took, despite the “dear Haku” business. The younger female watched his, waiting, knowing that even if she conceded the constant acting for the moment, Haku was keeping it up, and possibly would for the remainder of his time in Dahlia de Mai.

[/html]
[html]

---

Cer was an annoying bitch at times, he always treated her politely, and she threw dirt straight into his face. Usually warm eyes cooled down a couple of hues as he looked at her speaking as if she knew his darker sides. She knew nothing. That he had attempted to kill his mother was something she did not understand, and secondly; something she could only guess as he knew Colibri never had spoken of it and he himself would not dream of going around gloating about it. He had done so to save her, but he had failed, and that was why his mother was so miserable the day today, why she did not function properly anymore.

Pack leader or not, he did not take kindly to such rude outbreaks. You speak of me as a monster and a dimwitted child. She was, and he would not allow it. I came because I wanted to stay with my family and help them as best I could, but if you don’t want me here then simply say so and I will leave. I don’t need your accuses and insults. He was no child either, he had a brain as well, if Cercelee had not noticed. If he had wished harm upon this pack, she would surely have noticed it by now, as she would probably have been one he had gone after.

As for Coli, do not blame me because she has taken another path. You two always were free to go when time was right to leave the nest. You did, and in the end so did she. It was truth, Haku could not control his offspring’s actions, and he could not solitarily be blamed for her lack of presence. She believed everything was so black and white? She was more wrong that she could imagine then, but Haku disliked her pushing every possible fault on him. He would speak no badly of his mother though, how unstable she was as well, that she was paranoid because of him, she had been very afraid from the moment she had seen her son again, and thus her side of the story was overdone to cause drama.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Cercelee smiled at the male as he grew angry. Surely he should have expected this? Yes, Cercelee knew that Haku was smart, and so she assumed that the male would have known that this conversation had been in store for him. Certainly Haku wouldn’t believe that Cercelee would allow any harm to fall to her pack, no matter where it came from. “Please Haku, I called you neither a monster, nor dimwitted. You know as well I as I do that I accused you of nothing that is not true. I have not insulted you.” Cercelee tilted her head at Haku, did he really want to argue this? Perhaps Cercelee did not know the reasons behind his actions, but she knew of his actions well enough, and Haku could not take back something that had happened, even if events had not turned out how he had planned them to.

“I am not condemning you for past actions, just a small warning against future ones. Not that I accuse you of doing anything to jeopardize your position here or the well-being of any of our pack mates. Don’t act indignant because I choose to do my duty as leader and question you.” Cercelee sighed. Surely he was not completely oblivious to the pain he had caused others? Or did his illness really run do deep? And if that were the case, could he keep himself in check well enough? ”I ask all members of my pack for their loyalty, what I ask of you is no different than what I ask of them, only that I’ve known you longer and know what you are capable of. And I know you are capable of true loyalty to this pack, and that you could aid this pack, but I need honesty from you Haku. You’ve made some enemies in these lands already, but I tell you I am not among them. I can put you in a position where you can truly protect this pack, something better than a Bluet rank, if that is what you wish, but I won’t do so until you acknowledge your own actions and until you promise to me that you are whole heartedly pledge to us. That you will put your own life at risk for that of the other members of this pack and that you won’t abandon us as some other leaders are apt to do.” Cercelee let the words dangle in the air, she was trying to throw a steak to a starving dog, but perhaps the starving dog was too angry to realize this.

[/html]
[html]

---

No, he was not angry, simply annoyed. What annoyed him was the way she spoke to him, as if he was a foolish child that needed limits to be set for him. He could have accepted them far easier if she did not go all out all the way with it. As a sad fact, Haku could not promise he would not jeopardize the well-being of the pack nor his position. Both was connected, but Haku knew what he had to do. All things came down as they were meant to, and the demon wanted him to stir it all up. Haku would, however, base the majority of his future actions for the sake of protecting his pack. He had not merged into Dahlia with the filth to simply tear it apart from inside.

He furrowed his eyes slightly as she went on, a bit unsure why she changed direction so suddenly over to rank matters. Cer. I don’t fuck about without reason. Mew lost her litter, and Inferni has always triggered fear and hate within the lands, it was about time someone did something. Though it does not prove me as bad as them. They go in and destroy without purpose, and for that, I receive a purpose. He had already risked his life, and was still. Death in the form of impure blood on four feet chased him.

You do as you wish, I have come to stay and serve this pack, and I will do so no matter which position I am holding. Truth.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

“Then you don’t want to be Lilium?” Cercelee asked the question sincerely, because although Haku seemed to be honestly devoted to serving and protecting the pack, he had not seemed too interested in a higher position. Cercelee knew that Haku was smart enough to know what such a rank could do for him. Aside from leading a pack, Haku would be consulted in any going ons between Inferni, Dahlia de Mai and any of the other packs. He would even be in such a position to direct the relationship between the clans, it would make his work protecting the pack much easier. And Cercelee was fully prepared to give him that position, but only if he accepted it for what it was. “Haku, I don’t want to rule alone, but I won’t place anyone in a leader rank who does not wish to be there. Colibri put me where I didn’t belong, and I won’t be doing that to anyone else.” Cercelee spoke simply, her tone a little warmer towards the male. She could easily lecture him longer, although he hadn’t been outright disrespectful, Cercelee could easily demand more of him, and it would be within her right. However, she knew Haku well enough to know he would never take kindly to such acts of authority, and that at times he felt he knew best, he believed he was in control, and no amount of logic would help him to see otherwise. Cercelee would just have to work around it. “I don’t feel it’s in the pack’s best interest to have only a young, inexperienced, female leader. We appear weak, and besides the fact, I have no interest in war or Inferni, I can’t be everywhere at once, and I need someone who can deal with all that. I’d much rather deal with the inner workings of the pack, and leave this ugly mess to you. Out of all our members, I feel you’ll do the best with it, and you need to finish what you started anyway. But I can’t have a Lilium that has no respect for me or one that only takes the position because I asked, not because they felt they were up to the challenge.” Cercelee titled her head at her cousin, patient as a saint.

[/html]
[html]

---

Truth be told, he was not very familiar with the current Dahlia de Mai ranks as of yet. When Cercelee asked about Lilium, he did not fully understand, but by the nature of it, he assumed it was a leader rank. Sure he did want to, but why so suddenly? He had planned to build up trust before aiming for higher ranks within the guild. Everything would be much easier from that standing point, and he would have the opportunity to go on and attempt to include the other packs at once. His ears flickered gently as she revealed how she herself had been placed on the top. Colibri disappointed him.

Respect was something that went both ways, no matter who had the upper hand and pretty title. While she preferred working with the pack from the inside, he was the garbage man, and they would fit good as a leader pair, because they would do each their part of the job. This was what he had gone about whispering all the time, that the pack appeared weak. In saying that he had not intentionally targeted Cercelee, but Colibri. He knew how she was, her nature had become too delicate and fragile to handle ugly matters. She had shown that already, and he was displeased with her because she had in fact been the one responsible for his sister. Her sister had lost her litter, and there had been no action taken except for his.

It just came so suddenly, that’s all.. She seemed sincere enough, even though the thought of a trap had poked his brain at one point. I can easily handle what others may not, as for respect, I will bow my head if you slightly tip yours. In other words; If she demanded respect from him, she would be granted it. Not just because it was something she wanted, but because he saw he had grown since he had seen the young being wander away to continue living on her own and not with the father and daughter. However, it also meant that he demanded at least a tiny respect from her. He would have to sacrifice a lot of himself in such a position, and he was not used to that. Nothing was impossible though. He was up for the challenge.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

I think we are about done here then?

Haku accepted, and Cercelee smiled at him. “Of course.” Cercelee answered him easily, and she tipped her head respectfully in his direction. A weight lifted off her shoulders, she had halved her burden and given it back to one of the males whom had raised her. It was funny, in a way, she hadn’t expected to ask any of them for help again. And if she had asked one of them for help, she hadn’t thought it’d be Haku. Life worked itself out, however, and what happened, happened. Que sera, sera. Who was Cercelee to question the way that the universe conducted itself? And Haku did seem far more willing to take on the role than Colibri, which made her glad. They needed two leaders, because what happened if one was unable to lead? More than that, they needed two leaders who wanted to lead, who were dedicated to the pack. Perhaps Colibri had been, in the beginning, but her devotion had quickly faded. Now though, Haku had a fresh start. And Cercelee realized that she hadn’t officially welcomed him into the pack yet. “Well then, welcome to Dahlia de Mai, Haku.”

[/html]