Where is she?
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 230

In Character

Shaw was patrolling again, as usual, his duties never seemed to end, and he was waiting for Orin to come back, she'd been gone for some time and he was worried. He wished she'd come back soon so he knew she was ok, if she were gone for another few days he'd go looking for her. He was agitated, wondering how she and Juliet were doing, if they met complications and hoped that nothing terrible happened with them. He was spending his time near the boarders and taking care of Titania, as well as taking care of the ferret, after he found out she was learning high speech he was working as hard as he could to teach the baby ferret everything he could, she still mostly said no and yes, and a word here and there that she'd picked up, but it was progress and he was surprised she could even speak.

He was nearing the border tree and he looked at it, and all its wonder. He was glad he was able to keep it safe from the vandalist, he wondered what else the man would have done if Shaw hadn't been at the border. He was proud of chasing the man off, and was happy that he probably would never be back again, now things were back to where they had been, nice and quiet, though it almost felt far too quiet for him.

<style>
.shawflute p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.shawflute b {color:#3d2c2c;}
.shawflute-b {width:401px; border:1px solid #99706e; margin:0px auto;}
.shawflute-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#3d2c2c; text-shadow:#3d2c2c 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.shawflute-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.shawflute {background-color:#f6f7e9; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#27080d; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:399px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/b05ff72264.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; }
</style>
Table by Shannon B

[/html]
[html]

The trip hadn't gone completely as planned. Her trip to Crimson Dreams was mostly a disaster. She'd found her old friend Mars but made a terrible impression with the Sawtooth woman – who in turn made a horrible impression on her. But Charm had been right... What was she thinking when she went to Crimson Dreams? Well, she thought she was going to strengthen the bond between the packs, but instead she just worried the pack that there was an intruder, even though she did follow common protocol. While she was there things were worsened by the death of a woman – it was only something Orin had heard about, but it was a terrible tragedy. Apparently the lady was one of the AniWayan refugees and had a mate and children. She'd died a quick death when a fall from her horse crushed her skull. When the grief surged through the pack over the refugee's death Orin decided it was time to leave there, after barely two days.

She made it to the Court without incident – unless a few saddle blisters could be considered incident. She'd been tired and run down when she made it to her old home lands and found her friend Ayita. Being as inexperienced as she was in the saddle she had ridden too long and worn herself and the mare, Spot, thin, and had never managed to make it on her way to Ichika. Which also meant she hadn't found any more livestock for the pack. She'd been so excited to bring more home but was returning empty handed. She'd taken eggs and vegetables from d'Arte only to return with nothing.

But return she must. She couldn't just disappear again over one failed trip. She had time for maybe one more before the snow came, she just needed to be more prepared next time and practice riding more. She and Spot could do it, she knew. She patted the mare's neck as she imagined a future trip. It might be hard to get in there, but they could do it.

A smile pressed onto her muzzle as she noticed the familiar treeline of d'Arte in the distance. It was like the mare knew, too, for her gait quickened without Orin's signal, and they trotted the rest of the way. She came up right by the border tree, the bright splashes of color and works of art brightening her mood. And she didn't even have to wonder who that silhouette was that stood nearby. A fairy like laugh bubbled softly from her throat as the horse came to a stop near Shawchert.

“Catch meeee!” She cried as she flung herself wildly out of the saddle, her limbs out in an X as she sailed through the air. She didn't even try to brace herself, just put all of her faith in Shawchert's strength and reflexes.

<style type="text/css">
.orint2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#A66676; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GOEf8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F1CEE5; outline:1px solid #A66676; padding: 100px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#F1CEE5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 400+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 268 :: OOC: Ugh low post counts I'm sorry Sad

Shawchert was not too busy to hear the thundering of hooves and his ears perked up as he saw the familiar shape of the woman he courted. He grinned as she came straight for him, though he wasn't ready for what she did next, though his instinct was to hurry and grab her as she jumped off the horse. Shaw thanked the stars he was so tall and as he wrapped his arms around her, he twirled her around once before coming nose to nose with the woman he wanted to be mates with.

“It is so good to see you again! I hope the trip was good, How did Juliet take to it?”

He asked looking around to see if he could spot their daughter, he expected her to still be in the saddle but it was empty, then he looked back at Orin with Worried eyes, she had brought Juliet, that's what he had assumed, he thought she went to show her the ins and outs of her trading mission, because Titania was still there and he hadn't seen her since Orin left. His heart plummeted, thinking the worst, though.... he couldn't imagine her being happy if she had lost the girl to someone. He had a half smile, half worried look on his face, not sure what he should be feeling at the moment. Had he made a mistake, did she stay here and was lost, was he being the bad parent now? He looked around harder, just in case he only just missed her, though couldn't see any sign of their daughter anywhere.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.shaworin-txt1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
Image © Nat! And Table by Noelle!

[/html]
[html]

A laugh filled the air as Shawchert caught her and and two spun in a circle before he lowered her back down. Her foot paws touched the damp grasses and she felt the blades try to poke up between her toes and was instantly relieved at being back on d'Arte's soil. How dearly she missed her home! She touched her muzzle to Shawchert's as their noses came together, granting him a Luperci peck and then wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug.

“I missed you,” she said as she leaned back and looked into his eyes. “Next time you've gotta come with me. Oh my god, it was such a disaster!” Her smile belied the words she spoke, but she was too happy to be home to care about frowning.

“Juliet? Oh, she was okay when I left,” she replied, misunderstanding the question. “I don't think she was too happy about it but I tried to make her understand. Was she a pill while I was gone? I hope they weren't too much of a hand full. I tried to ask a few people to help out and entertain her and Titania while I was gone.” She laughed softly, knowing how hopeless that was. She wondered jokingly to herself if Shawchert was happy to see her just because it meant he didn't have to look after their children on his own. “Do you know where they are now? I missed my girls.”

She was about to ask him to take her to see them when she noticed the look on his face. His eyes darkened as the man realized Juliet was not with Orin, but she didn't know what was wrong, why he looked that way. She saw his gaze flick over her head and she glanced over her shoulder, but all she saw was the mare wandering a few paces away, grazing on a hunk of weeds. She turned back to him. “What's wrong?” She asked carefully. She assumed the worst. “Did something happen while I was gone?”

<style type="text/css">
.orint2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint2 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint2 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#A66676; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/GOEf8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F1CEE5; outline:1px solid #A66676; padding: 100px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#F1CEE5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 303 :: Out of Character text

And he got the worst answer he could ever imagine. She had left Juliet in his care, and he was careless yet again, they possibly lost their daughter due to another bout of his stupidity, if he had no fur he would know that Orin would see any color fade from his face as she answered him. His heart pounded against his chest, and knew that Orin would be furious but most of all, where was Juliet, what happened to her? His first thought went to her being with the flowers but as he patrolled near the fields, he hadnt' seen her and she would have checked in. Then thoughts came to Liam, the boy who had picked her up by her scruff when she didn't want to... but what would he do with her.

“Orin... I thought she went with you, she was so apt in going with you that I thought you allowed her last minute when I went looking for her. I … she hasn't been here since the day you left.”

He said feeling the full impact of losing another child. This time he didn't know what happened to her, and he knew that Orin would have kittens now that she would know. He wouldn't keep her from his thoughts, he would face up to his mistake, as he was quite certain it was his. His mind raced on what they were going to do, where was she, was she hiding from something? Maybe someone knew he wasn't sure.... he just hoped she was safe and well. He looked at Orin with pleading eyes for him to forgive her and he would surely follow her if need be, but he was sure they would search for her, and hopefully find her somewhere safe, preferably in cercatori borders.

<style>
.shaworin-txt1-box {background-image:url(http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/3531/shaworin.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:260px; height:350px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.shaworin-txt1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.shaworin-txt1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.shaworin-txt1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count:: 300+

“She WHAT!!” she shrieked as Shawchert's words sank in. She flattened her palms against his shoulders and shoved a length between the two. “I've been gone for like two weeks! Fifteen days! You're telling me she's been gone all this time and you didn't go looking for her?” She was livid, nothing but molten lava churned behind her eyes and all of it was directed at Shawchert. She could lay into him, she wanted to lay into him, but there was something far more important to do right now.

She took a deep breath and the strain of keeping calm was obvious on her visage. “I didn't take her with me,” she clarified in a trembling voice. She knew how persistent Juliet was to go along with her, how dearly her daughter wanted to explore outside of their pack lands, but Orin had refused to bring her along because she would be riding and Juliet hadn't learned to shift yet – taking a Lupus along on horseback would have been awkward and difficult. Not to mention, taking Juliet herself would have been difficult enough – though the mother would have gladly brought her daughter along if not for the one blinding problem. Still, she could see how Shawchert had come to his conclusion, and tried to keep her head instead of lashing into him with the hurtful words that balanced on the tip of her tongue.

“Okay, we can't waste any time. She's Juliet, she could be anywhere. Where would she have gone? I think we should alert the pack first, find out if anybody has seen her. What about Titania? Is she gone too? I went alone, I didn't take either of them. Oh, tell me she's alright!” The mother's head swam with the possibilities and for a moment she thought she might faint. She took a deep breath, trying to hold it together even though her hands were now trembling.

“We've got to think like Juliet. Where would she have gone? She gets one thing on her mind and focuses in on that... so what happened on the days before she went missing? That might have something to do with it, you know how she can't let things go.”

table by alaine
<style>
.desdemonax01-table {background-color:#000634;border:1px solid black;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:12px;color:#425564;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:400px;text-align:justify;background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... demona.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;}
.desdemonax01-extra {padding:0px;padding-left:15px;}
.desdemonax01-inner {border:none;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ona2-1.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:10px;color:#9cc9f0;margin:80px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner p {text-indent:10px;}
.desdemonax01-inner b {color:#e1e2dd;}
.desdemonax01-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 302 :: OOC: Ugh shaw does the bad parent thing again hahaha

He let her cry out at him, he stood there calm and quiet at her outburst, and she calmed down as quickly as possible, he wouldn't argue with her, as she was right, he should have been worried about her, how could he have been so stupid as to think she took Juliet with her without letting him know? He felt horrible, but one thing Orin was teaching him was not to dwell on the problem. She had heard what he said, as she confirmed that she had not taken Juliet with her.

“You're right we should say something to the pack first, if I'd have known I would have gone looking for her the second she left. I am so sorry Orin, but we'll find her ok? Together. Titania is at home, I thought she just missed you, but I think she knew that Juliet was gone. God how could I have been so stupid.”

He chided himself, but he didn't go too much further than that other than hitting himself over the head with his hand once. She asked what she had been doing the days before she disappeared. He shrugged, though he knew many of her moves he didn't know all of them.

“She visited the flowers mostly, you know how much she likes them, I don't know she hasn't been acting strangely at all, looked quite happy really, I mean until you told them you were leaving.”

He said, he knew how well the daughters loved their mother, and couldn't blame them. She had been the best mother that he could imagine, the girls loved her with their heart as he did, and he wished he could be half the parent that Orin was or else he wouldn't have lost Juliet in the first place.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
[html]
DUH DUH DUH bad boy wanders in.

Life had been calmer since he'd convinced that brat to go check out Crimson Dreams. The flower field and all that good stuff. And that woman who'd taken her in, Deuce. His grandmother. It was amusing to him. He didn't tell her he was her grandson, after all she'd been mated to Lucifer. Stupid evil shadow wolf.

He walked the border, wandering it aimlessly. He was trying to be good, trying to be helpful. It really wasn't his fault that the brat sparked his ire so easily every time. That was why he'd led her to crimson dreams, led her away. She was old enough, bright enough. As long as she didn't piss off the wrong canine. Or anything else there.

He paused near the border tree, where he could hear raised voices. His eyebrows arched. The butterflies whispered, telling him to stay back, to avoid it. In the spirit of trying to ignore the butterflies, he went forward. He didn't bother trying to hide his approach, just approached. When he saw who it was, he suddenly realized what a mistake it could possibly be. Not just one, but both of Juliet's parents stood there, talking in worried, anxious, and furious tones about the missing brat.

<style type="text/css">
.liamr1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9;}
.liamr1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.liamr1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#0A0E39; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/0IJKL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8F979C; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8F979C; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]
[html]
Word Count:: 300+

'Until you told them you were leaving...' He probably didn't mean it that way but the words struck a chord within her and she felt a whole new level of guilt. It was true, the girls loved her dearly, and everything had been fine until she decided to go on the stupid trip. Was it her fault that Juliet was missing now? She whimpered in grief, her eyes falling to stare blankly at the ground. The mare was wandering farther off but Orin didn't notice, she'd completely forgotten about Spot. She was a docile little thing anyway and probably wouldn't meander too far.

“Thank god, at least Titania is safe,” she muttered heartlessly as she wrung her hands together.

“Flowers... flowers...” There could be something to that, she thought as she stood there murmuring softly to herself. Juliet loved flowers and might have gone in search of something special. Or if that's not what drew her away it might at least have been a distraction to the girl. “Are there any flower fields other than our own?” There had to be but Orin didn't know where.

“Come on, we've got to get a move on,” she grabbed Shawchert's hand and started to try to pull the man away, stepping purposefully in the direction of Thornbury. That was the most likely place to find the bulk of their pack mates, and hopefully Skye most importantly. The Capitana would be able to help them spread the word about their missing child the quickest.

In her haste she didn't notice the boy there and just about killed herself tripping over him. Well, tripping near him anyway, since he might have seen her coming and could have easily moved. She yelped as she stubbed her toe and looked down at the earthen boy. “Hey, who are you?” She thought from his appearance that he was probably one of her pack. Might as well start the word early. “Do you know my daughter? She's about this high,” she held her hand out, “with a cream and white pelt, her name is Juliet. Have you seen her?” She spoke frantically, trying to get the word across, awaiting the boy's 'no' so she could rush off into town with Shawchert.

table by alaine
<style>
.desdemonax01-table {background-color:#000634;border:1px solid black;font-family:Georgia, serif;font-size:12px;color:#425564;letter-spacing:.4px;word-spacing:.4px;line-height:16px;width:400px;text-align:justify;background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:10px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... demona.png);margin:0 auto;margin-top:5px;box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;-webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 10px black;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;}
.desdemonax01-inner {border:none;margin:0px auto;background-color:transparent;border-radius:3px;-moz-border-radius:3px;-webkit-border-radius:3px;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... ona2-1.png);background-repeat:repeat;background-position:top left;font-size:10px;color:#9cc9f0;margin:80px 0px 10px 0px;width:90%;text-align:justify;padding:10px;}
.desdemonax01-copy {text-align:center;font-size:9px;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 236 :: OOC: erf i felled asleep on you guys XD

He didn't know the impact his words hit her and if he had known he would have never said it, not in that context. He put his hand on her shoulder as she breathed relief knowing that Titania was alright. He too was glad she was safe, though his worry for Juliet was far more than his relief so he didn't protest as the woman pulled him, though he had seen the boy as she nearly ran into him. His heart beat faster, he had an idea that Liam could have seen her go, but he wasn't sure.

“Have you seen Juliet Liam? You remember, my daughter right? Did you see her leave anywhere at all? Could she have sid anything to you?”

The man asked, he didn't know if Liam knew her name, but he could possibly know he was talking about her, as he had scolded the boy for taking his daughter up against her will. He doubted she would say anything to Liam though, but it was worth a try to ask. He was excited, and hopeful, and his eyes showed that. He could have at least seen her go in some general way. That was the best that he was hoping for, though he didn't think Liam liked him very much anyway. He had after all been quite angry with the man when he stood up for his daughter.

<style>
</style>

[/html]
Liam had stepped back as the petite female had almost barreled into him. A litany of swear words played thorough his mind as his golden eyes looked between the two adults. After a moment, he decided to tell them a half truth. "I took her to Crimson Dreams, to see the flower field. It was an apology for fighting with her." His voice took on a pleading tone, only half contrived. "I'm trying to be better, I am. But we got separated. I was scared I'd get in trouble for losing her." He swallowed, looking at Orin in particular. Women were usually easier to manipulate, he figured.

"I'm already a low rank for talking back to Skye. I didn't want to get in more trouble. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner..." He swallowed. Would his half true story be accepted? He glanced at Shaw before turning his gaze back to Orin. He shuffled his feet like the awkward adolescent he was. He wasn't even a year old yet. Almost, come December he'd be a year old. But right now he was ten months, still a teenager. And right now he was almost scared of what would happen.
[html]
Word Count:: 500+

Women might be easily manipulated, especially by a youngster, but mothers weren’t so gullible when matters pertained to the welfare of their children… especially not overprotective mothers. “You did what to my daughter?!” She shrieked and swarmed on the kid. Fighting… It was probably the second worst thing a boy could say he’d done with her daughter. A growl rumbled in her chest as the small woman stalked up to the boy, and if he didn’t step back she’d press herself right up against him while she got in his face. She grabbed for him, her clawed digits clutching for his shoulders.

“What did you do to Juliet?” Fought with her? How could anybody scrap with her little girl! She was just a puppy, she didn’t even know how to shift yet. What could Juliet have done to deserve this hellion’s fury? If her nab at him was successful she was prepared to twist her fingers into his fur, pulling on the filament until it hurt. “You lying pile of cow patties! Thought you’d get in trouble for losing her? How about getting in trouble for taking a puppy outside of the borders – to a pack that’s at war no less – without her parent’s or your Capitana’s permission? You can’t just take off like that, not with three packs at war! Do you have any idea how dangerous it is out there? You stupid-!” She cut herself off and spun around to face Shawchert.

“Oh my god! Juliet’s in Crimson Dreams all by herself.” Her hands flew up to cover her mouth in shock as the thought sank in. Her little girl was out there without any protection in a land at war. She could only hope someone had found her, someone like Mars maybe. But if she was still there why hadn’t anyone brought her back yet? Horrible thoughts flooded the mother’s imagination as she started to run from the two. She stopped only a couple paces away and jabbed an accusatory finger at Liam.

“You’re not going to get away with this. You’ll wish being Traditore was all that you had to suffer when I get back. Enjoy it while you can, I’ll see to it that you’re banished for this! Come on Shawchert, we’ve got to find our daughter. You,” she spat the syllable at Liam, then pointed to the wandering mare. She stood as straight as she could, meeting the boy’s eyes as she pulled rank and commanded Liam. “Take that horse back to the stables, give her feed and a good wash. Blanket her for the night. And you better do a damn good job of it – that beast has done far more for this pack than you ever have.” She could make it there faster than the exhausted mare, and if Shawchert joined her he wouldn’t be able to ride with her. Running was best.

With her last word she turned and started off. First she would find a place to make a quick transformation into her Lupus form and then she’d dash out of the pack lands that she had just returned to - her course set for Crimson Dreams.

table by alaine
<style>
</style>
[/html]