Shelter from the Rain
[html]
<3

It was the appointed time, dusk was settling, and Zera’im had entered into Anathema quietly with her equine companion. She was nervous, and this only heightened her awareness and caused her to tread even that more lightly, avoiding sound as much as possible. Even Korosk seemed to be tiptoeing, something quite difficult for the large hooved stallion. She had also masked their scents with wild herbs. All in all, the wolfdog female was trying to avoid detection, save but by one monochromatic female.

Zera’im wasn’t quite sure why Panda had summoned her now, the female wolf had been visiting Zera’im in her cave for the past month, coming for advice in Shamanism as well as coming for Zera’s midwife skills. Yes, the wolfess who had met Zera on the border those months ago was with child, something that filled the collie woman with joy. It was good also to see that Panda had recovered from her false pregnancy and replaced that pain with ecstasy. Soon she would be a mother, and Zera’im had promised to be by her side every step of the way.

She had been following along the river that ran through what she had learned was called Musquiboit Valley, and soon the once decently sized water way had dwindled more and more and now was nothing more than a trickle and soon, dissipated to nothing more than soggy ground. This is where Zera’im stopped, this is where Panda had asked to meet her. She stood next to her ebon equine in silence, only the sounds of the spirits within the trees passed through the hair, and Zera was the only one that could hear them. She waited.

<style>
#nat-tastic02 {width:480px;margin:0px auto;font-size:12px;font-family:Georgia, serifs;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:1px;}
#nat-tastic02.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1.5px;line-height:11px;padding:5px;}
#nat-tastic02.table {background-color:#d49c21;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/gr3p0.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#1d1916;padding-top:220px;}
#nat-tastic02.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px;}
#nat-tastic02.table p:first-line {font-size:20px;color:#d28214;text-shadow:0px 0px 4px #ffffff;}
#nat-tastic02.table b {color:#cbba67;text-shadow:1px 1px 3px #000000;}
#nat-tastic02.wc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;}
#nat-tastic02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
#nat-tastic02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }

</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc: <3 <3 +3

She had told the woman a few days prior to meet her within the pack lands, trusting that she would be able to suppress her aura enough to not be detected around the borders of Anathema. She was a very powerful shaman after all, and suppressing your aura was not a big task, but doing so to both your steed and yourself might have been a task for the woman, but again, Panda trusted that the awakened woman would have no problem with it. Panda hoped that they would be able to get away with this, and if they couldn't then Panda would be exiled rather than let this woman go homeless. Anathema was losing it's charm to her with everyday that went by so if she did get exiled for bringing her midwife onto packlands with her, then so be it. Panda would be glad to have more of a reason to leave here besides the fact that her heart tells her that she does not belong in the pack of misfits that took the false name of a cult.

She moved along, her cloak that she had been working on attached to her shoulders, and her hand placed on her growing belly. She was getting bigger in her midsection and it was obvious to the trained eye. She knew what had happened and that she was the big "P" word, this time, hopefully for real this time. She had toys for the pups when they came, as well as some other essentials that were needed, such as children's books for her to read to them. She made her way with her gray feline walking behind her and her new bird flying ahead. Serenade made it to the spot where the collie woman was before Panda did, and the bird had stared at the older woman and her steed, the albino's head cocked towards them, and trying to figure out if this was the woman that Panda had been talking about to look for. Serenade cooed towards the collie woman and the steed, before he flapped his wings and took off from his perch, back the way he came. He flew over Panda and cawed down at her, telling her that Zera was where Panda had asked her to be, and then the beast had landed on her shoulder. She continued to walk and she thanked the bird for his help.

She hurried herself, and her feline had mewed at her, asking her where she was going. She did not answer because he would find out soon enough. Not too much sooner the woman would come upon her friend and her steed and she would instantly smile and wag her stub of a tail. Hallo, Zera, how are you today? the woman asked, rather than getting straight to the point of which Panda would ask the shaman to stay in her home with her, Venom, Octopus, and Junior.

”speech”

[/html]
[html]
OOC

It was not long before Zera’im sensed the presence of the woman, her aura was so familiar now that she could pick her out of a crowd if she had too. First the albino crow appeared and as it alighted in a branch above her Zera’im greeted it in the best low speech she could muster; she wasn't very proficient at it. It took flight once more and soon Panda appeared and Zera’im walked forward and embraced the black and white female, It is good to see you again, sister, I am well. How are you faring? She said this as she gently touched the slightly protruding belly of the woman from over her cloak and smiled.

Zera’im had sworn herself to a life of celibacy in her youth and therefore would never know the joys of childbirth or motherhood, but in her time as a midwife and healer within the nomadic pack, she had helped bring dozens of pups into the world, and each one had given her as much joy as any child of her own might. She was most excited to help Panda bring her first litter into the realm of living, and would stay by the woman’s side if she asked, even if it meant trespassing into Anathema.

She looked at Panda gently, questioningly, I feel you have called me here for something very important. Please do not delay, what is it you summoned me for? There had to be a good reason for her crossing the borders, especially with all her belongings. Perhaps Panda and Venom had finally decided to move from Anathema, as their hearts urged them to do, or perhaps Panda had decided it was best to relocate Zera to somewhere safer. Either way, the tall collie woman was interested in what her friend had to say.

<style>
#nat-tastic02 {width:480px;margin:0px auto;font-size:12px;font-family:Georgia, serifs;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:1px;}
#nat-tastic02.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1.5px;line-height:11px;padding:5px;}
#nat-tastic02.table {background-color:#d49c21;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/gr3p0.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#1d1916;padding-top:220px;}
#nat-tastic02.table p:first-line {font-size:20px;color:#d28214;text-shadow:0px 0px 4px #ffffff;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc: just to let you know, she's about three weeks preggo here. +5(667)

Octopus had been told by Panda about the tall collie woman, but he had yet to see her, neither had Serenade, for he was a new addition to the shaman's growing family of animals and luperci. Panda had started to become emotionally close to the woman, for it was only natural for her, as a mother to get close to their midwife. Panda felt a deep connection with the woman though, over the time she had spent with the woman she realized more and more that they were meant to meet, and that she was on the right path. Today she had asked Venom to stay behind at the den and make sure that no one was around when they returned so that they could get into the caves with no problem. When it came to them finally finding the scent (if that was even possible because Panda did have soap and it would neutralize her scent and make her smell like Panda and Venom did) then Panda had the perfect excuse for her to be on territory. Like how Panda was Naniko's midwife, Zera'im was Panda's, and she did not feel safe, nor comfortable without the woman being around. This was saying something because Panda was always known to be comfortable where she was at, if she wasn't, then she made sure that she was able to build a barrier around wherever she needed to, to become comfortable. It was one of those specialties she had. She naturally did it as well, it was more subconscious than done in actual consciousness. Octopus mewed again and looked at the tall collie woman and her steed and he cocked his grey head, his pupils only slits in his green eyes. ”I am well.” Panda simply spoke to the woman and nodded her head.

Panda was embraced by the woman, and she returned the hug to her shaman sister. Serenade had flapped his wings in attempt to stay on the woman's shoulders and he was successful in doing so, his claws digging into the cloak that hugged her shoulders. As the woman let her go and put an ivory hand on her stomach, Panda looked down and giggled softly. ”Can ya' feel 'em?” she asked, cocking her head and smiling brightly at the woman. Then the woman would speak to her about what Panda had wanted, and hurried her for an answer. Panda could understand her haste, for she was in unknown terra without being invited by someone whom was higher up than the monochrome woman. ”I wanted ta' ask ya' to come and say with me in my den for the winter. I believe Venom and I will be staying at least at the beginning of winter, for I do not want to bring a child into this world without having a home to be at. After they are big enough to walk, then we will more than likely take them on a "long adventure" to where we want to be.” she spoke to the woman and nodded her head before she rubbed her stomach again. The albino crow looked down at the woman's belly with it's blue eyes and if gave a caw. ”Oh yes, Zera'im, this is my new bird friend, Serenade, and this is my feline friend, Octopus.” she introduced the animals to the woman, hoping she did not mind other creatures besides horses. She didn't think that the woman would be a feline or bird hater just by looking at her, but one could never be so sure.

”I do warn you though that I have not asked my leader if you are allowed to be on our land, I just don't think I'd be able to make the trips to your den soon, and I'd hate to let you freeze out there rather than be warm in my den with Venom and I. There's even a stable underground for Korosk.” she spoke to Zera, nodding her head and smiling at the woman still.

”speech”

[/html]
[html]
OOC

Zera’im was glad when Panda just came out and said why she had come. The black and white woman could be very to the point when she wanted to be and Zera’im appreciated that. There were times to chat without care for time, but now was not that place for that. So she was asking her mid-wife to trespass onto pack lands to lend aid as the pregnancy progressed. It was a reasonable request, though Zera’im was somewhat wary of doing this seemingly without the leader’s permission. But she had full trust in Panda and would gladly do as the girl asked.

She greeted her friend’s animal companions with a nod and a greeting in low speech, garbled as it may be and then placed a gentle hand on the woman’s shoulder and smiled at her, You are very kind to welcome me into your home. I will accept your offer and will lend you my skills in return. And thank you for offering Korosk a home too, I’m sure he will enjoy being around others of his own kind. She patted the large black percheron on the flank and he muttered and nodded his head like he could understand what she had spoken.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:343+
OOC: Zera gets Panda's 100th post :]

Panda could feel the slight wariness that the woman's aura let off, but Panda knew that once she was more showing of her pregnancy then she would approach Naniko and tell her about the midwife whom would be living in her home. Until then, she would let the woman use her soap to make her smell like Venom and Panda did, without the overbearing smell of Anathema on her. Soon, their smell would not smell of these cursed lands of false prophecy. She had the feeling that it would not be very much longer that she'd be able to stay here in Anathema, because soon she knew that she would be cursed as well if she was to stay here. Ouija had the right idea to leave this place. What was keeping them there right now was the security of the pack. Soon, they would find their own security.

When the woman thanked her for her hospitality, Panda smiled and nodded her head. It's not a problem, Zera'im, It's my pleasure really. As long as you don't mind Venom and I, as well as my family of extra animals around you are welcome in my home at any time. she spoke, her stubby tail wagging back and forth. I do have some soap that you can bathe with so that you smell more like Alex and I. she spoke to her, looking to Korosk, and wanting to greet him. She spoke low speech to the horse and then slowly approached, her hand palm up and allowing him to smell it before she would put her hand on his face and gave him a loving head scratch. Korosk is such a beautiful stallion. Do you breed him? she asked, wondering if he was a good breeder, because if that was the case, Panda would love for Vitani to bare a foal for them. It was a random thought really, but she did love horses, and though she would take Vitani and the foal with her, she would rather have a beautiful stallion impregnate her mare.

<style>
.Panda-dreams .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.Panda-dreams p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Panda-dreams b {font-family:'Rock Salt', trebuchet ms, san-serif; color:#44357d; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Panda-dreams {background-color:#000304; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... dreams.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Panda-dreams-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Zera’im suddenly became very tired, the small journey here had taken its toll of her more so than she had expected. She leaned up against Korosk slightly, his heat mingled with her chill, giving her strength. She listened with a soft smile as Panda told her of her plan, of the soap, of her animal family, I love all animals that have Breath, I will not mind sharing a home with your friends. She listened as the monochromatic woman spoke to Korosk, who muttered and nodded his large head in return, nuzzling the woman’s hand as she touched him.

Zera’im closed her eyes for a moment, but just a moment, until Panda asked about breeding Korosk. Her eyes opened wide again, a large grin came to her face and she laughed her tinkling bell laugh. If you are thinking about pairing him with your mare, oh my, he would certainly like that, it has been quite some time since he has been with a mare. He has fathered many strong colts and fillies in the past, I would be more than allowing of him to be used to his full potential. She smiled heartily at her equine and he pranced in place slightly, sensing that the conversation was about him.

The thought about her stallion being paired with a mare, something she had seen before, brought that strange warmth into her body that she had been taught to repress. But she was so tired now, that she allowed it to fill her, and she became sad. A life of celibacy was a lonely one.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 428 :: Panda feels bad for Zera. :[

Everyday it's still the same dull knife,
Stab it through and justify your pride.

Panda noticed the woman had been almost drained it seemed. She was old, and Panda should have expected that the woman would become more tired than the panda-coated woman would. Zera told her that she did not mind any animals that would find their homes within the den of the woman, and Panda smiled at this. It was a good thing that Zera was accepting of all animals, as was the monochrome woman, which was why she had surrounded herself with so many other animals. Panda was satisfied with the way her stallion had acted and what he had said back to her in the muttered low speech that she and the stallion could understand. Panda was unsure of if the collie woman knew what she had said to the stallion, but she assumed that she did, since she seemed like the one to know at least some low speech.

When the woman had chuckled and then spoke to how it had been some time since her stallion had gotten attention from a mare, or that she knows of. She told him that he had produced rather strong and durable offspring, which had interested the woman even more. Panda nodded her head. Yes, I was thinking about pairing him with Vitani, for he is a very beautiful stallion and I would love to have a colt with the feathering on the legs. It could be a gift for Venom, since he does not have a ride of his own. Training one when they are little is much easier than taming one in the wild, and that way we don't have to trade away something 'expensive' for another steed. Though I figure that some day we'll have a chance to get another horse, I still would love to breed Korosk with Vitani. she spoke to the woman before she stepped towards the woman and she smiled at her and held out her hand for the woman to take it.

Kommt sie mit. she spoke to the woman, not knowing if she spoke German or not, but she figured the motions and the simple words she spoke in German would easly be translated even to someone whom did not know the language. You seem tired, luffly, we should get Korosk to the stables and then head back to my den where we can rest. she suggested before she had turned to her bird and cooed words to him in low speech. He took off from her shoulder then and scouted forward, and would make noise if there was someone coming their way.

<style>
.pandastaff-laine {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.pandastaff-laine img{width:300px; float:right}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.pandastaff-laine p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#E29CD2;}
</style>
image © Alaine!

[/html]
[html]
Sorry about the wait J luffff

Panda’s glowing and energy filled aura was what was keeping Zera’im from falling over into a dead sleep right then and there. She lifted a white hand up to her mismatched eyes and rubbed them as her friend spoke of pairing the horses and she nodded in agreement. No use in forcing her horse to live a life she had chosen, without the warmth of a bedfellow, without the joy of bringing children into the world.

The young shaman woman could sense the collie’s weariness and she took her by the hand. Zera’im smiled at her, noticing now for the first time that the two of them were truly the same height, something that the older woman hadn’t experienced much in her life time. She clasped her friend’s black hand with her arthritic one, Dankeschön. I do not know why I am so weary… I believe I have yet to fully recover from my cleanse.

Several days prior the collie woman had gone through a spiritual and bodily cleanse, having fasted for several days, bathed, and prayed. But she was getting on in years and these cleanses were not as easy as they once were and all she wanted to do was lie down and rest now.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 568 :: No problem. I hope you don't mind the PP of getting them where they gotta go. We could probably end this thread uber soon.

Everyday it's still the same dull knife,
Stab it through and justify your pride.

The woman had told her the correct response back in German to her own, and Panda smiled. She liked to learn more about the woman whom was to be one of her roommates. Panda could find herself feeling a deep caring for the older woman, as if she was more than family. It was similar to the feeling she got when she was with Venom, an almost lust for her and her body. It was not particularly strange for the girl to feel like this because not only was she a sexual being, but she did appreciate the male and female bodies. She had a feeling that Zera'im would not accept her advances so she would take what she got she supposed, and wear a smile while doing so. This is no problem. It must have been a journey finding this spot either way, since you have not been in the territory before. she spoke, very indirectly calling the woman old, but truth was, she was old, and she was slower than most other wolves whom were younger.

She slowly started to walk with the woman, her head tilting from side to side as she hummed a tune, one that she had made up on the spot, and would hum to her soulmate when she got home because she had wanted to hear him put it on a guitar. Then, they would have a song that they made together, and then after that it could be something like their theme song. As the two walked along, leading the horse whom walked along with them, they made it to the stables without anyone seeing them, and they had gotten the stallion a nice stable in which he could stay in, and much less it was next to Vitani, so the horses could get to know each other, and perhaps grow some sort of attraction to each other, so that when Vitani was ready to be courted, it would not be something as awkward as introducing the male right on the spot and expecting them to breed. Either way, once they were done there, Panda had whistled to Senerade, and told him to get Venom so that they could have some help getting the packs off the horse and into the caves without having to go back and forth.

It would only take Venom about ten minutes to get there, and in that time, Panda had rolled a joint for herself, the woman, and the male. You want some of this, ja? she asked the woman as Venom had walked up and smiled lightly at the older woman. It's nice to see you again, Zera'im. I take it you accepted Panda's offer to stay with us for awhile. Venom spoke to the woman, the handsome smile still on his face, that made Panda swoon often times. Panda looked at Venom. Can you help with the bags? We need to make this as smooth as possible. she spoke to Venom, whom nodded his head and took some of the bags of things that the women were holding and were on the ground. Senerade returned to Panda's shoulder and Panda praised the bird with a rub of his chest as she had gotten the things in her hands up off the ground and she started to walk alongside the woman while Venom walked in front of them.

<style>
.pandastaff-laine {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.pandastaff-laine img{width:300px; float:right}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.pandastaff-laine p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.pandastaff-laine b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#E29CD2;}
</style>
image © Alaine!

[/html]