[P] The Whirlwind
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.sladetracks b {font-weight:bold; color:#010101; letter-spacing:1px; }
.sladetracksooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.sladetracks p {text-indent:10px;padding:10px 10px 0px 10px;margin:0px;}
.sladetracks {width:403px;border:1px solid #303032;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /slade.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:260px;background-color:#f5fade;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#303032;}
</style>

Backdated to October 21. And so they meet again...! Big Grin Also, I rambled a lot, but it's difficult to sum up Slade's current thoughts (which is what the title is supposed to refer to, derp) in a single paragraph. / WC: 592

Slade's journey had been dull, to say the least. So yeah, he had met a few new faces and gotten lost in a sunflower field, and he had also had another encounter with his worst enemy, but other than that he hadn't done much exciting over the course of the month. He had managed to avoid contact with most other canines by staying away from pack borders, and thanks to a helpful black bird–a crow or a raven, he wasn't sure what–he had been led to a few carcasses and didn't have to hunt nearly as much as he thought he would.

A few days into his travels now, he came upon a peculiar area of maple trees. The early fall air was crisp and there was still a good morning chill to it. Leaves were scattered on the ground here and there but the coyote managed to walk along without rustling them too much; it was still fairly early in the season, or so he liked to think of it that way, and the dirt wasn't hidden completely just yet. Slade was thankful for the lack of extremely cold weather; he didn't feel like dealing with frostbitten paws on his way back to Cercatori d'Arte.

On this particular day he was wondering about his intentions. Sure, he planned to go back to his former pack, but then what? When he had come back over Halcyon he had had two clear goals in mind: to return to Cercatori and see Deirdre. He had accomplished neither. So far the only thing that had been familiar to him was his encounter with his old friend Valinta's son, Gunnar, and even then the pup had grown quite a bit. Nothing seemed the same anymore. It made him doubt his goals. Do you really want to go back to the pack where you never fit in? he wondered. You were considering leaving when you were there....

Thinking about his standings in the pack of creative Luperci made his mind whirl and Slade's thoughts were directed to his other goal: finding Deirdre. She was his best friend and he wanted to see her more than anyone else, but at the same time he almost felt the same way about her that he did with his pack. He was confused. What was he going to say? Obviously he would tell her why he had been gone and ask her what had happened since he'd been away, but there was something more. Thanks to a certain coyote who had parted ways with him before crossing the mountain Slade had been slapped in the face and forced to look at an aspect of his life that he'd never paid much attention to before. It made him wonder how Deirdre felt about him.

She's my best friend, I know that. But will she still feel the same way after I've been gone? Will she forgive me for leaving without notice? I hope she hasn't howled at the border for me again... I'd hate to be responsible if she's in any trouble....

He knew that he was purposely guiding his thoughts into the world of negative thoughts. He wasn't normally a dismal type of canine but now he had gotten a taste of true reality: life wasn't a story, and it didn't always have a happy ending. He wasn't sure if he was looking for a dead wolf, but it was easier than thinking that Deirdre was still alive. The confusion that would go through his head if he saw her again....

[/html]
[html]

OOC: D is in Optime form to begin with. I'm still working on a picture of her in Optime, almost done just need to upload and color. Smile. So yeah. ^^ / WC:533

Fingers pulled back on the bowstring, eyes squinted to capture her target. Her chest lifted and then fell, her hand begun to shake as she pulled the pull of the string back. She bit her lip; her long slightly light brown mane blew gently in an autumn breeze. The Luperci sighed, focused and then released the string of the bow and sent an arrow soaring through the air, but the arrow shook in the air and then landed with a soft thud far from where the young Luperci had hoped for it to land. She knew the concept of archery and could remember herself watch as her step father hunted with the weapon, but she guessed that seeing and understanding was not the same as doing.

The wolf sighed as her ears pushed up against her skull. Up in the trees a squawk of laughter echoed around the female beast. The she wolf narrowed her gaze and glared up at a male red-tailed hawk, “Watch it Falcrin.” She growled, “or one day you my find your wings clipped.”

The hawk squawked louder in laughter, and the wolf growled as she dropped the bow at her feet. She sighed, inhaled and then exhaled as she looked down at the objects scattered around her feet. Beside her feet was the bow she once held, a quiver filled with arrows, a knife and its sheath attached to a leather hide belt, and a tail feather from a hawk.

The wolf sighed and knelt to lift the feather up within her clawed fingers. She stood and twirled the feather between her fingers. The hawk that had perched upon a branch above her head soared from it and landed on the luperci’s shoulder, its golden gaze studied the object in her hand.

“It’s one of yours,” she told the winged creature as she lifted the end of the feather and carefully tied it to one of the long strands of her mane. She sighed and brought a free finger to the Ansuz rune tracing branded beneath her right eye and gently rubbed an itch. She sighed and then gazed around her, “So Falcrin.” She began as she lifted her gaze to her winged companion, “what do you think of this area?” she asked softly.

The hawk puffed, and the wolf laughed. “Really, that bad?” She asked, “I kind of like it.”

The hawk puffed again and ruffled its feathers; the female creature smirked and shook her head. “We’ll don’t worry, we’re still looking for areas.” She sighed and brought her gaze to the sky, “But I do like it here…” She spoke softly before she closed her eyes and allowed the gentle breeze to caress her slender hourglass shaped form.

She stood amongst a sea of maple trees in a small clearing bordered by trees that cried sap and bushes that begun to feel the change of the seasons. The young Luperci sighed, her tail wrapped carefully around one of her legs, and then swayed back and forth behind her. She stood, coated in fur of gray, brown, white, and black colors. A mixture of her northern rocky mountain wolf roots. She sighed and ran a clawed hand through her light brown mane before she lowered her hand and stared at the bindrune branding upon her left wrist.

She smirked, “the things I do now.” She muttered, “I have changed…”

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.sladetracksooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.sladetracks {width:403px;border:1px solid #303032;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /slade.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:260px;background-color:#f5fade;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#303032;}
</style>

Table by Jennaphaeus. / WC: 490

Just when Slade thought that he had finally settled his mind down, he heard a familiar voice from beyond the trees. He froze instantly, as if he had heard a terrified scream. His heart was thumping loudly and he was almost certain that the other could hear it. He recognized who was speaking just a moment before he could pick up the scent.

What? How did...? Where has...? Why...? The voice came from behind him but he almost didn't dare to look. There was something different about it. The breeze carried her scent to his nose and he found that there also happened to be another strange animal nearby, a bird of some sort that he didn't recognize. He almost found that he was trying to convince himself that he was mistaken and that the bird's scent was only messing with his nose, that she wasn't here... but then there was that voice again. Deirdre.

Half of him wanted to run forward and start sputtering, overflowing with questions and stories and everything else he wanted to say. The other half didn't want to even turn around, and was urging him to walk along like there was nothing there. The common sense in him said that he'd probably have a heart attack or something along those lines if his sense of smell was right and Deirdre didn't look like he remembered her. Still, curiosity clawed at his mind until it overtook him and he spun around.

His nose hadn't wronged him at all. As soon as he saw her he wanted to look away, look at the clear blue sky, look at the trees, look at the ground, look at his paws... he wanted to look at anything that was familiar. In the few months that he had been gone, everything had changed... everything, including the wolf who had become his best friend, who he had even bothered to talk to in the first place because she was like him and couldn't stand upright... it wasn't familiar, it wasn't the same. Slade didn't like so much change.

She was so much taller than him now. There seemed to be some odd markings on her wrist and below her eye but he didn't take notice. He dared to look at her face for only a second before he had to look away again, studying her from the ground up. She looked much more slender in this form, and could now boast a light brown mane that looked so similar to the hairs of those Slade had seen before. He didn't understand how this wolf, this Optime, could be Deirdre.

There was no more denying it. Slade's gaze stayed on the ground and he didn't dare meet her eyes. He wasn't sure if he would burst into a furious rage or fall apart in front of her. At long last, he sighed and spoke quietly. “Deirdre. You've... changed since I last saw you.”

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Feel free to have Slade be made at her XD. she's at the moment acting as if nothing has changed. But I will warn ya, if he yells at her she's gonna yell back XD / WC:317

The voice startled her and pushed her from her focus of the bindrune branded upon her wrist. She twirled quickly, her movements forced the hawk that had perched himself on her shoulder to lift from it and flutter madly away from its companion’s being. Small little feathers from the hawk’s furious flapping were scattered around the wolf. The she wolf turned wide-eyed at the owner of the voice who had burst into her bubble, and she found she gazed upon a familiar figure she had thought she would never see again.

“S-Slade!” She exclaimed as she took a step back from the shock of his appearance. Her ears lowered against her skull as she gazed upon the for-legged coyote. “How…” She fell silent as she noticed his gaze did not meet hers. She sighed, “So you’ve noticed my…umm,” She murmured as she crossed her arms across her chest, her palms rubbed her arms. “Change…” She stated calmly her gaze lowered to the side to glance at the grass beneath her.

Gray orbs returned to study the coyote carefully before her. She exhaled, “It-its been a while Slade…” She said as she released her crossed arms from each other and lowered herself to the ground. She gazed at Slade, and sighed sadly. The wolf could not imagine what could possibly be running through the coyote's mind, Deirdre exhaled. The last time the coyote had seen Deirdre was before she became a Luperci, when she was still a normal happy wolf. The she wolf sighed and lifted her right hand to rub her left arm nervously, “Where did you go?” She asked softly her light bluish gray gaze lingered upon him.

“You just vanished…” She smirked, “then again I did leave for a while. After that day we ran into that wolverine,” She let slip a small smile. “I had a lot on my mind…”

“How-how have you been?”

<style type="text/css">
.bird_soulflight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.bird_soulflight01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3274/birds001.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 30px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

For some reason I enjoy writing angst-y scenes like this. Tongue / WC: 628

Slade's initial reaction to Deirdre's response was anger. How could she be asking him what had been going on? He wanted to know how she had been doing, why she had gone and changed herself... he knew that there were two ways for a canine to become a Luperci and Deirdre was not the type of wolf who jumped into fights last time he had seen her. Things may have changed but she didn't seem to be at all aggressive, not when he had seen her from behind and not now while he spoke to her. There was only one way that she could have been transformed like this... and he didn't like it. It didn't help what was going through his mind, which was already whirling at the speed of a hurricane.

How have I been? he thought. How have I been?! I'll tell you how I've been; I've been captured and used as a slave, so how do you think I've been? He fought back the urge to yell. Common sense reminded him that there was no reason to be furious. If anything, she had the right to be angry with him, for simply vanishing like that. It hadn't been his fault, but still... there had been no warning, no sign. Did she think that I abandoned her? Guilt washed over him, and all the mixed feelings that he had been trying to express were pulled back into his mind, leaving nothing but a dry mouth and a terrible feeling of shame. Slade still wasn't meeting her eyes but he managed to sputter a few words. “I-It wasn't on purpose... I didn't want to leave....”

He fell silent again. He wanted to ask her so many things and he had so much to say, but he couldn't manage anything but the simple words he had muttered up until now. What was she thinking about after the wolverine attack? What does she think about me, for vanishing like that? How does she think of me now? Does she even care to hear what I've been doing or is she just saying that because we used to be friends...? His thoughts abruptly stopped when they came to that one. No... no, she doesn't hate me, she can't hate me... not after all we'd done!

Desperation sent him above the sea of shame and he tried to look up at Deirdre's gray eyes, but as soon as he met her gaze he had to look away again. He wasn't used to looking up at her. It didn't feel right. He just wanted things to be the way they were....The words came tumbling out of his mouth like a waterfall and he couldn't stop them even if he had tried. “I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry! I shouldn't have disappeared like that, and if I could have controlled things I would have been around all these months! I just feel like my life is passing too quickly and I'm not aware of a damn thing... I've missed so much....” He faltered. I've missed my home, I've missed my pack, and I've missed seeing you, Deirdre. But I'm not saying a thing until my thoughts are straightened out.

A deep sigh escaped his mouth. Trying to gather the nerves that he didn't have, Slade looked up at the wolf and tried to lock his eyes on hers. “You don't hate me for this, do you?” He spoke quietly. It was a pathetic question after he had nearly suffered a complete breakdown and he wouldn't blame her in the least if the answer was “yes”. He just wanted to see if there was at least one thing that had stayed the same since the day he had left this life behind.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: How can she hate him??? D: Oh noesssssss, she could never. Big Grin / WC:545

“I don’t hate you,” she spoke calmly as her gaze fell and stayed upon the coyote’s form. The she wolf sighed, “I could never hate you, you did nothing to deserve it.” She smiled softly, “I’ve been known to vanish, so I can’t hate you for vanishing as well…it’s not like I didn’t think you wouldn’t return…” She sighed, “but I figured you would be back at your pack, I figured you’d return there. So if I left the area.” Which she did. Deirdre sighed and held back her ears, “I knew I could find you again…I’m just surprised to see you out here of all places.”

She looked away, toward her items spread out on the ground, and then back to Slade. “What do you mean you didn’t want to leave?” She asked, “What happened?”

She would listen to him; it was all she could do. She did not know what he had on his mind, nor was she quite keen on knowing. A small slither of fear clawed at her as she pondered upon the coyote’s thoughts. Was he thinking the worse of her? Of this form she was in, of the creature she had become? Deirdre was no longer that wolf Slade had met all those months ago, she was a Luperci now, a creature of two legs and hands, one that was far different then he himself. Deirdre sighed as she remembered her affections toward the coyote, the feelings she still held for the brute, but could she even tell him about them now? After all that had happened to her, after her mental and physical change?

She had changed so much over the time she had begun to become accustom to her new form. She had killed, stolen, fought to survive, she was not that happy wolf she was before, she was changed and what frightened her was that she was beginning to like the things she had done and were planning to do. She sighed and glanced down to her clawed hands, her ears flattened against her skull as she gazed down at her fingers. Could there be anything between us, other then friendship? The young Luperci questioned as she brought her attention once more to Slade.

“I could turn back if this form bothers you,” she told him. She smiled warmly, “I’m new to this…” She lifted a hand in front of her, “And when the urges hit, I can’t help but change into this two legged thing.” She stated coldly as she lowered her hand to fall limp like at her side.

She sighed; a small hint of sadness fell upon her as she sat slouched before the coyote. The hawk that had once sat on the female’s shoulder now perched on a tree limb its voice carried over the duo moments after Deirdre had asked Slade about his thoughts on her new appearance. The she wolf glanced up at her new companion and smirked before she glanced over to Slade, a small amount of joy brightly shown within her gaze before she spoke. “You remember that hawk I’d always talk about chasing?” She questioned as she pointed up to her winged companion, “Well I found the dastard.” She laughed softly, “or more like he found me.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Good! Big Grin But emo Slade doesn't know that at the moment.... Hope you don't mind me throwing in Slade's narrative; let me know if it's not okay to assume that Deirdre listened to the whole thing. You don't even have to read it all; this was more than a page on Microsoft Word, so it's long. :/ / WC: 849

She didn't hate him. In fact, she still considered them friends. That was all he needed to hear. He wasn't comfortable with her Optime form, but he'd get used to it. Slade just wanted to know that he had a friend to rely on, and now she was urging him to do what he'd been wanting to do since he crossed Halcyon: tell his story. Every bit of shame or uneasiness that he had once felt was quickly shoved aside so he could tell his story.

He told her everything... almost everything. He began with how he had gone out to the beach where they had spent an afternoon together to think, but he didn't tell her what he was thinking about. He recounted hearing an odd noise from nearby, and when he turned he saw a large, muscular, heavily-scarred brute, who slowly came nearer and nearer to Slade until he was invading the coyote's personal space. He shuddered as he remembered asking what the wolf thought he was doing, which had been his fatal mistake: hidden figures hidden nearby lunged at him, and though he had tried to fight he had been bagged and knocked out cold. (This was a bit of a lie; he hadn't fought at all and instead tried to run for his life, but he thought that the exaggeration would make the story more dramatic.)

He told how, when he woke up, he found himself with tight rope around his snout and his paws tied together. Slade could remember it all too well: the rough rock road that he had been dragged along mercilessly, the town of prejudiced wolf Luperci who stared at him, jeered, and even threw stones as he was taken helplessly against his will. He remembered the gruff voice of the Luperci who had abducted him, Jack, and tried to imitate it as well as he could. Jack wasn't happy to find out that Slade wasn't a Luperci, and rather than “waste time” transforming him Slade was thrown into the wood, still bound by his mouth and paws, to die.

Right around there Slade realized that he was sounding pretty pathetic; he had begged for forgiveness when there was nothing for Deirdre to be mad about in the first place, and now he was telling the story of his abduction which sounded like a giant sob story. He wasn't fond of sob stories. Slade decided that there was no shame in telling her the truth about how helpless he was. It had taken an escaped slave, a recently-changed female coyote named Sadie, to save him.

Somehow, however, Slade didn't feel comfortable telling Deirdre that his rescuer was a female, and he changed his story. Rather than Sadie letting him live with her until he was well enough to be on his own, Slade twisted the facts and said that a mysterious Luperci had unbound his ropes and led him to a shelter, and from every morning thereafter he found a dead rabbit at the entrance to his shelter.

It wasn't a total lie, was it? In this story, he was alone; not too big of a difference. It is a difference; that's why you're not telling Deirdre. Slade had to shove the thought aside and continue, but from there on there weren't many doubts; he had simply gathered the strength to move on and started his trek home.

“...and that's why I'm out here,” Slade finished. “The plan was to head back to Cercatori d'Arte, but I'm not even sure if I'm going to go back there to stay. I might just check in and see how they're doing, but....” He trailed off. He wasn't going to jump to conclusions and say that Deirdre would be willing to let him follow her on her travels. If she didn't offer, he wouldn't ask. He didn't want to seem pushy.

After a pause, Deirdre offered to shift back into Lupus, but Slade shook his head. “Do whatever you want, Deirdre.” His uneasiness about her new form began to creep back into his mind but he didn't pay much attention to it. Right now, he had just told the story of his life–or at least part of it–and he wasn't about to kill the mood with doubts.

Finally, she mentioned the hawk. That was what the brown blur was. Slade glanced up to the raptor, wondering how on earth one could go about training a bird like that. There wasn't way that he could ever dream of doing something like that himself, not as a Lupus, but there was a long future ahead of him. Things could change. “Reminds me of a certain crow that keeps following me around....” he commented, not really expecting a response. He wanted to leave this talk open and make it last as long as he possibly could, even if it meant that he would have to narrate his entire life story. Right now, the guilt and angst was gone, replaced only by a coyote who enjoyed telling stories and wanted to spend some time with his friend.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Assumptions away!! Big Grin / WC:377

As he spun his tale the Luperci female wanted to reach out, touch his muzzle with her long fingers, hug him as she could not when she was a lupus. She did not dare, however, to act upon the actions she desired to perform. Instead she kept quiet as he spoke. She frowned as she heard about his misadventure, and then grew angry with his tormentors and their harshness. She wanted to jump into his telling and throttle his capturers, tear them a new one and then be the one to rescue him.

Deirdre’s ears twitched in agitation, “If I was there with you I would have gave them a piece of my mind for doing that to you.” She stated harshly, her tail swayed angrily behind her as it thumped the ground with each sway.

His story continued as he told her about his rescuer, about how this unknown Luperci helped him and then he told her of how he gathered his strength to return ‘home’. She smiled warmly and then spoke, “Have you decided when you’ll check up on your pack?” She asked hesitantly.

Then when the time came to reply to his ‘do what you wish’ statement, Deirdre smiled softly. “I think I may stay in this form for now…” She began, “it takes a while for me to shift between forms still.” She laughed softly as her long fingers reached up to tug at a long strand of mane. She had begun to twirl her hair in her fingers nervously. “It’s almost been four months since…” She hesitated, “since I’ve become-what I am now…”

She sighed, but then cheered up a little as Slade mention his shadow. “Are you being stalked?” She asked playfully, “by a crow?”

She giggled light heartily, “it sounds similar to me and Falcrin.” She motioned toward the hawk, “though I was doing the stalking.” She exhaled and brought her knees into herself, and then placed her arms on top of her knees and her muzzle upon them. “Though now that’s all changed…” She fell silent, “Slade…” She called his name softly, “you told me what happened to you willingly…but you-”

“You have yet to ask me why I am like this…” she offered the coyote a waned smile.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Table by Jennaphaeus / WC: 403

He chose not to answer about when he would return to his pack. Slade had to admit, now that he was feeling like his normal self he wasn't sure how he felt about returning. If there was one thing he wasn't extremely keen on staying the same, it was how he felt about being in Cercatori d'Arte. Sure, it would always be in his mind as the pack he had joined when coming to the area in the first place, but over time it had felt less like a true home. He was still going to head to the pack's border and see if he could strike up a chat with any of its leaders to see how things had been going, but he was still trying to decide if it was really where he belonged.

Slade let the conversation turn to the birds, at least for the moment. He managed an amused smile, which hadn't been on his face since the day he'd been taken away. “In a way, yes. It leads me to dead food sometimes so it can feed on what's left when I'm done, and it drove me a bit insane when I got lost in a sunflower field....” That shameful incident was one that he didn't feel like bringing up. “I think that it's really just more than one black bird but I call it a crow.”

For the final bit of the talk, Deirdre came down so she was more near to his eye level, and he took this as an invitation to sit down himself. Slade hadn't really noticed how weary his paws were until he gave them a moment's rest. Of course, his relief couldn't last long, because she wanted to know why he didn't ask her about her new... body.

The coyote found himself resisting the urge to stutter as he spoke. “Right. Sorry 'bout that, I just got a bit caught up in my story. So... what changed you?” He was referring to the physical change, but part of him also wondered if there was something that had happened to her mind while he'd been away... such as why she'd gotten into such a bloody fight that she'd been transformed and how she's survived it. Somehow Slade didn't want to think about the other aspect of becoming a Luperci happening to her. Simply the idea of thinking that made him want to shudder.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Smile / WC: 747

“Sunflower field?” She questioned, as she tilted her head to the right, but she did not push that wonder much further. If Slade felt like sharing a story about his stalker and the sunflower field it was up to him, if not. Well, Deirdre had a good imagination she could work something out to fill her curiosity of the event till the story came out. If it every came, she shrugged mentally and then pushed the thoughts away as she brought her attention back to Slade.

She smiled, “That’s alright.” She offered the coyote a smile, “I was actually surprised and kind of relieved that ‘what the hell happened to you?’ wasn’t the first question that came out of your mouth.” She laughed softly before she lowered her gaze to her pawed feet. She sighed and then brought her gaze once more to Slade.

She sighed and her gaze fell distant, cold. “It wasn’t a pretty thing,” she told him, her voice came out blandly. “I won’t go into the details…yet, but I’ll just say I never wanted to become this.” Her hands clutched into fists, “It happened when I was on route through Halifax…I was attacked and I was forced to defend myself.” She exhaled mournfully, “I fought my attacker as long as I could, struggled to stay feral, to stay true to myself, and too keep myself free from becoming what I did not willingly wish to become…” She sighed angrily, her nails dug into her leathered palm. “But I lost and submitted to my attacker’s will.”

Her ears pushed back against her skull, her mind rushed with those images from before. She growled silently to herself, her nails forced the skin of her palm to break. “I was left alone afterwards, and I found myself struggling to move forward. At least eight days past before my body realized what it had contracted.” Deirdre sighed and her features softened, “I don’t know how other Luperci are when they first learn to shift. My father never told me…then again he was born one…coming late into the virus, well.” She smirked softly, “it was painful to me at first, but I believe it was because I fought it. I was afraid, I didn’t want to become something I loathed, I was happy with being just feral.”

“But I could do nothing to stop what was happening.” She exhaled and fell to her side her hands rested before her and pushed out so that she could study her oddness. Her long mane laid over her shoulder and covered her face slightly, brown waves spread out across both herself and the grass beneath her. Her tail came to rest over her thigh its fluffiness overlapped her legs. She sighed and then smiled warmly, “It’s almost been four months since I’ve first shifted.”

“I’ve just recently begun to shift willingly with out waiting it out till I got the urges and couldn’t fight them.” She laughed harshly, “Takes a lot out of you, shifting does.” She smiled and curled into herself, “This form is actually quite useful…”

She closed her eyes for a moment, and then opened them again to look up at Slade. She sat up. Strangely as she was in the coyote’s presence she had begun to feel joyous to not be alone, which made her determination to create her own pack stronger, “Things have changed with me since then.” She looked down to the bindrune on her wrist, “I’ve done things that before all this I would have looked upon the actions with distaste…but,” she smiled warmly. “I guess there are just things one has to do to survive in this world.”

She fell silent after that as she came to realize her story had run its course. Of curse there was much more Deirdre wanted and could tell him, that she should have told him, but she could not yet form the words she would need. How could she tell him, a crush she had not seen for a long time, that the true reason for being what she was now was because a brute had forced her, or that as a result of that event she had turned to doing not so good of things to survive.

Deirdre sighed and offered the coyote a smile, “And that’s my story. Since then I’ve been wondering around searching for territory, others like me…” She eyed Slade sadly and then said, “You aren’t comfortable around me, are you?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Five +400-word posts in a row in one thread. That's got to be a personal record. Big Grin / WC: 328

Slade listened in dead silence as Deirdre told her story. Forget about him; being attacked and made a Luperci against one's will sounded like the most terrible thing that could ever happen to an innocent Lupus. It didn't matter that she wasn't saying how she'd been attacked, exactly; there was no reason for her to do so and at this point Slade didn't much care. Now that he knew that it had been against her will, it didn't bother him as much. At some point in the future he'd have to ask her which canine dared to commit the terrible crime but now wasn't the right time to say.

When she was through, Slade couldn't help but let out a furious growl. “What a horrible, miserable excuse for a canine....” He was almost going to say that he would have attacked the offender had he been with her, but he knew very well that there was nothing that he, a little coyote with little fighting experience, could have done in the situation. Still, if he ever found out the name of the devil, he'd try to do something about it, even if it meant coming to less “unfriendly” terms with his enemy....

His imaginary plots of revenge were cut off by her question. Slade blinked, the anger blown away with the wind, just looking at the poor wolf. Well, maybe she was right to a degree... “It's nothing I won't get used to,” he said after a pause. If he had a hand he would have waved the question away, not willing to delve back into those thoughts again. “Being shifted doesn't change who you are... does it?” His head tilted with a sudden curiosity. While he couldn't imagine being forced to become a Luperci against his will, he had often wondered what it would be like to possess the curious appendages called hands. The thought had never occurred to him that shifting could change one's personality.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Big Grin Now I shall attempt to show off her new personality...or give a glimpse of a few parts of her new personality. Mostly her openness, and her playfulness toward those she considers close. I did a small glimpse of her aggression and her issue toward those that harm her or others she cares for. ^^ / WC: 611

Deirdre shook her head, “No, shifting does not change you.” She eyed him and offered him a smile, “It changes you only physically.” She then sighed, “personality and emotional wise depends solely on the individual and how they handle it.” She laughed harshly, “I can assure you I have changed.” She narrowed her gaze, not at Slade, but toward a different direction.

“I’ve become stronger,” she told him. “I’m different, and it’s not because I’m a Luperci now. It is because of the events that had happened, I view the world so different now…” She sighed, “I’m stronger…”

She sighed and then glanced calmly toward Slade, “I agree.” She softly growled, “He was a horrible excuse for a canine.” She let a devious smirk to escape upon her muzzle, “I swore that if I ever met him again, if our paths ever overlapped, I would make him suffer for what he did to me.” She growled softly and clutched the grass beneath her angrily, but then she fell silent, her anger slipped away.

She shook her head roughly as to push the thoughts and words she had mumbled away. She sighed again and looked toward Slade, her ears were held back for a moment before they erected and twitched in a sudden amused thought. “I’m probably a little more aggressive and open then I was when we first met…though,” She grinned. “When it comes to some things I can still be shy and nervous.”

Like my affection for you, she told herself. She then sighed and lifted a finger to gently rub the small rune symbol beneath her right eye. She then dropped her hand from her face, gave off a small amused laugh and then flung herself backwards. She landed backwards with a thud her gaze lifted toward the sky as she rested on her back, “Enough of this depressing talk.” She spoke calmly as she waved her hand in the air; she eyed Slade and offered him a warm, inviting, and friendly smile. “So you plan on going to visit your former pack,” She began. “What other plans do you have?”

She pondered upon this slightly, if he has no actual desire to… her mind wondered, maybe I can… she turned her gaze to the sky. He’s been through things as well, maybe… She smiled to herself. And retuned her attention to the coyote.

As she listened for any speech from Slade, her hand slowly went to grab a long strand of mane. She pulled a strand of brown fur between her fingers and lifted it over her gaze. “It is strange to have these,” She said suddenly her head tilted softly to the right. “Hands I mean,” She smiled. “But they are useful. I can hold books now, and don’t have to worry about ripping them or getting the pages wet.” She sighed, “I kind of fancy this mane.” She mused, “its my fur…but.” She pulled the strand of hair high above her, “It’s so bloody long!” She exclaimed playfully.

Slade was her friend, a friend before she became a Luperci and even though they had been a part, Deirdre had felt as if nothing had changed. She looked to her side and saw him, saw the coyote she had met by the border of the artsy pack. She saw no stranger but a friend, and that was the reason behind her lack of uneasiness. She had a playfulness that suddenly begun to shine brightly within and around her. She was at ease at that moment in the presence of her friend, so at ease that she was not willing to allow the moment of reunion to end.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Busy weekend, sorry. D: / WC: 430

Slade's head remained tilted as Deirdre told him about the changes that she had gone through since they had last seen each other; not necessarily physical changes, but mental ones. He did notice that she let the gender of her attacker slip but at the moment those wonderings were out of his head. Rather, his thoughts were looking for changes in himself. He knew that something had to have changed about him since he had been taken away; heck, his personality had undergone quite the revamp during his time in Cercatori d'Arte, and compared to his absence that didn't feel like a long time at all. Yes, there had to be something... but what?

He didn't have much time to think about it, as Deirdre rested and offered to change the conversation's tone. Slade joined her on the ground, lying down hear her so his head was even with hers. Finally, I can look her in the eye without craning my neck! She asked him about his plans, and for an answer he could only offer a blank look. “I don't have any plans, really. I'm not sure if I'll be staying in the pack, because I've been thinking about it and I don't think I fit in as well as I could have.” There wasn't much else for him to speak of; now that he wasn't quite as confused as he had been during the “depressing talk” Slade was nearly certain that he didn't intend to stay in Cercatori d'Arte.

Deirdre spoke a bit about the benefits of hands and other Luperci-related topics. Slade didn't care much to talk about manes so he tried not to dwell on that for long. “I've seen other Luperci straighten their manes and put things in them as decoration... stuff like that. There's probably a way to cut the excess fur off though....” He trailed off and turned his gaze to her hands. “Deirdre... do you know how to write?”

The idea hadn't occurred to him until just then, but as soon as he asked the question he realized that it was a brilliant plan. He longed to be able to write down the various stories packed into the small coyote brain of his, and Deirdre had proved herself patient enough to listen to them. If they could find a blank book and writing material, Slade might finally be able to get his words onto paper. And if she doesn't know how to write... well, she can read, so it shouldn't be too hard! I'll just have to see what she thinks....

[/html]
[html]

OOC: That's ok Smile / WC: 366

“Really?” She questioned upon Slade’s comment of how he had never felt that he had fit into the pack he had once belonged to. She did not need an answer to her none important irrelevant question. The she wolf eyed the male coyote and blinked, but then turned her gaze up to the sky. She sneezed a protest, “I’d rather let my mane go wild. Its not normal to wear things in your…” She stopped herself from completing her sentence when her gaze caught the medium sized hawk feather that she had tied into her mane, she laughed softly. “Never mind…wow I can be a hypocrite-”

Her gaze fell once more to study the male beside her as his question slipped from his muzzle. She smiled warmly, “No…not really, but I can draw symbols.” She lifted up a finger into the sky and begun to draw a rune symbol in the air, “I know how to draw bindrunes and runes…that’s about it.” She eyed Slade, “I don’t know how to write English letters…” She tilted her head, and then laughed. “I can write a bit by drawing runes,” she turned onto her stomach and then went on to explain her fingers gently begun to etch runes into the ground beneath her. “Each symbol represents a letter or sound, you write with runes by sound, like…” She traced four separate runes into the grass. “Slade would be written as this in runes.” She pointed to the rune symbols of Sowilo, Laguz, Ansuz, and Dagaz in that order. She then laughed softly, "or so I hope." She grinned lightly, "The 'a' sound in your name doesn't really match up to the sounds of the runes...so I assume it would be the Ansuz symbol you would use if you wrote your name...that one or Ehwaz, but that one makes a 'e' sound like in end...and-" She shook her head roughly as she came to realize that she had begun to trail. She sighed and smiled and then glanced over to Slade.

She then blinked and then placed her hand underneath her chin. “Why do you ask?” She questioned softly, her tail wagged at the end. "If I can write?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Table by Jennaphaeus / WC: 417

As Deirdre began to ramble about runes, Slade began to have second thoughts about his question. He didn't know where she was going or what she was doing, and the whole idea wouldn't work out at all if he was out west visiting his pack while she did something in this area. Negative thoughts began to drift around in his mind but fortunately he couldn't dwell on them for long; Deirdre wanted to know why he had asked the question in the first place.

There was no point in lying. “Oh, nothing, really, just wondering... you know how I'm a storyteller, right? Well, since I don't have any hands”–he took a moment to glance at his paws, which seemed rather pathetic as he spoke about the advantages of not having them–“I was thinking that you could write down my stories for me.” He managed a small smile. “'Course, I'd be talking your ears off if that was the case. Besides, I don't think you'll be going to Cercatori d'Arte....”

He trailed off. Slade just hoped that he didn't make Deirdre leave whatever she was doing to help him out with his stories; the way he had worded his answer made it sound like he was trying to convince her to do just that, which wasn't the case at all. Instead of letting guilt surround him again he decided to carry on the conversation by asking another question that had been on his mind. “So... what are you doing here? What have you been up to?”

Slade then fell silent, listening for a response. As he gazed around at the sky and trees above him, he wondered where the bird–Falcrin, was it?–was. He also became aware of the fact that he probably looked a bit ridiculous: an Optime wolf and a Lupus coyote, lying in the middle of the ground, chatting about mostly irrelevant topics. They were extremely vulnerable to attack from anyone who felt the need to disrupt the conversation of two innocent canines, but he didn't care about that. Slade found himself shoving away the negative thoughts that had practically lived in his mind since returning to the land beyond the mountains.

This is life, he thought blissfully. Just me and my best friend, lying together alone, talking about whatever comes to mind... no room for confusion, just relaxation. He turned his wandering eyes away from the sky and back to his friend's face. This is what every day should be like.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: We could-you know....Travel together? XD I thought this would be cute. Big Grin / WC: 430

Deirdre smiled warmly toward the coyote, “I won’t mind, if you’re the one talking my ears off.” She teased as her tail had begun to hit playfully at her side. She sighed soon after and shook her head, “Nah.” She began, “I don’t have any plans on heading back that way…At the moment.” she fell silent and then inhaled only after Slade asked her his question did she then exhale her held breath.

The female tilted her head softly as she gazed down at him. She grinned and then looked away, up into the trees where a certain hawk had been pruning his wing feathers. He sure likes doing that a lot, she thought quickly before she answered Slade’s question.

The she wolf smiled as she eyed Slade, “Well.” She began, “I’m-exploring.” She told him, “Looking for a place to call home, I suppose.” She brought her hands to rest beneath her chin, “I-plan on…creating a pack.” She told him slowly, “I don’t know if it will happen during my life time, but I am determined and I can offer.” Her gaze lifted to study the tree branches above them, “I can offer something different.” She stated calmly.

The wolf woman sighed and took her glance to gaze calmly beneath her toward the blades of grass that surrounded her. She lowered one of her hands from beneath her chin and with two slender fingers plucked a single blade from the ground. The female twirled the blade of grass between her fingers, “I’ve just been roaming.” She told him, “and searching for others like me…” Her gaze fell behind slit lids, “Others who no longer wish to be hurt by the world.” She smirked, “kin that want to fight back.” She laughed softly to herself after her former words fell silent. Her gaze had widened and the blade of grass fell from between her fingers. “I don’t suppose you’d have any interest?” She offered the coyote a question, “I mean coming with me and just traveling the land for a bit?”

She grinned, “I mean after everything you plan on doing is done.” She then lifted a single finger to scratch the side of her muzzle. Nervously she spoke, “Y-you could come find me. I won’t be leaving the woods. I’ll always be around this area or somewhere in the Dampwoods…” She smiled wanly, “We could run into each other and then…well you know.” Her tail swatted the ground once, “You and I could spend some more time together, get to know each other again.” She offered with a light smile.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

Maybe we can wrap this up soon? It's been over a month since we started.... / WC: 388

Slade listened intently as Deirdre told him of her own plans. She was going to create a pack, and after he was finished with whatever he wanted to do in Cercatori d'Arte he was to return to this area in hopes of finding her again. His ears were pricked with interest by the time she finished, another grin tugging at the ends of his mouth. “That'd be great!”

His thoughts drifted momentarily as he wondered what the future would bring him. He was starting to wonder if there really was a point to returning to Cercatori d'Arte if he wasn't going to rejoin. It wasn't like he had many friends in his former pack; he had gotten to know Skye and Shawchert a bit but he had hardly become friends; they were informal acquaintances and that was all. He knew little about the other canines who had been in his pack at the same time as himself, learning what he knew about them only by observing their behavior at pack meetings.

Then again, if I joined Deirdre's pack, who else would I know? Slade let his thoughts loose in two questions: “A new pack? What's it going to be about? Who else are you going to recruit?” He then fell silent, hoping that he wasn't asking too much. She had said that she wouldn't mind if he talked her ears off, but he wasn't going to test that any time soon.

He also began to wonder what purpose he would have within a pack's borders again. His mind began to direct itself towards negative thoughts as Slade remembered how he'd felt in his old pack. He hadn't been able to be of much use during pack hunts and he couldn't help anyone when Cercatori was at its time of highest peril (as far as he had experienced). He remembered with a small shudder how he had been so vulnerable when a murderer lurked within the borders; he was a clear target and spent many days living in constant paranoia, being helpless to do a thing about it.

I would hate to be a liability to Deirdre... but enough of those depressing thoughts. What is she saying? Slade realized he'd momentarily gotten lost in his mind yet again and quickly returned his focus to what his friend was doing.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: That's fine by me Smile / WC: 463

Deirdre grew excited, “Good!” She exclaimed happily to Slade’s ‘that’ll be great’ comment. The she wolf smiled happily as she got up on her knees and then sat up, she was about to stand when Slade’s next words froze her in her risen position and her gaze fell toward him. She blinked, smiled, and then stood up. “Well,” she began. “It’s complicated,” She began to explain, “At the moment I’m just going to create a paradise for outcasts.” She told him as her gaze studied the coyote male, “I will offer a home to those who feel as if they have no home, a place for those that have had the world turn its back on them…”

Her gaze lifted to the sky as a sweet breeze blew against her mane and caused it to swirl around her cheeks and muzzle. At her sides, her hands slowly firmed into two tight first, “My pack.” She told him, “Will fight to survive, they will never give up, and they we’ll do all that is necessary to live.” Her lips then lifted between a smirk and a smile, “I will bare my fangs back at the world and have a strong pack stand at my side.” She told him.

It was yet unclear to her how she was to explain the dark thoughts that rampaged through her mind. Of the thoughts that, if it was to be created, her pack would commit. She slowly turned a soft smile to Slade, “Let’s just say the pack I plan on creating will be neutral…however, others who do not have an open mind, or do not wish to understand…may see the idea of this pack as evil...”

The she wolf then released a long sigh, “If I get this pack started, its borders will be open to all; outcasts, murderers, thieves, the misunderstood, beings who are just looking for a place to call home.” She studied the male, “I offer a second chance.” She told him, “Anyone can join as long as they are willing to follow my rule.” She smirked, “And protect their pack brothers and sisters. “ She then smiled and then quoted something she had heard a long time ago, “For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”

She sighed again and softly shook her head, “Everyone will have a place in the pack, no matter how minor their role.” She turned her smile to Slade, “The members will make the pack strong and the pack the members.” She turned her gaze away from him, “and I will protect them…” She whispered slightly to herself, the words she spoke were still loud enough that if Slade wished to he would be able to hear them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]