illabye
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ehnosun b {font-weight:bold; color:#bf6f34; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ehnosunooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.ehnosun p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.ehnosun {width:400px;border:1px solid #77482b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... hnosun.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:200px;background-color:#000000;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#77482b;}
</style>

Ethereal Eclipse. Rambly post~ :x wc:516

Making a quick trip out of the Dreamer’s territory for some of his supplies had seemed like a good idea at first, mainly because that’s what he thought it would be—just a quick trip. It seemed that the Marino had forgotten just how far out into the forest the run down old cabin had been. He was beginning to think that this had been a completely foolish idea. His wounds hadn’t been all that kind to him lately, and it was for that reason that the Italian man stuck close to home of late. He would venture out to the borders at times and get in some weary and exhausted patrols, because he just wouldn’t let himself stay still despite his wounded state. His upper right arm was bandaged tightly where the psychotic warrior’s blade had done its damage, but it was healing without much trouble. His chest, on the other hand, was proving to be quite bothersome. The constant pain in his ribs was doing its best to make moving about, and at times even breathing, difficult for him. He still had the large cloth bandage wrapped around his chest, for what little good it did him.

But because he knew that he needed to take it easy for the time being, he needed to find something to occupy his downtime. He wanted to begin working on small woodcarving projects again, but he realized that he’d left some of his good, intricate tools behind at the old cabin in the woods like an idiot. So the impatient Dreamer pushed further past their territory than he had in days after lingering at the northern edge of their border during a patrol. Ehno had thought that it would be a quick trip and back from the cabin, but his wounds forced him to take a leisurely pace. He carried his spear with him as he traveled, both for support and for use in case any of Maska’s lingering forces may have been nearby. As each day passed, the Dreamer felt more secure in the safety that the end of the war had afforded them, but he was still on edge. He may not have been proficient with the weapon, but it would give him reach, which was an advantage he desperately needed in his wounded state.

Luckily for the Marino, he managed to arrive at the old cabin with little incidence. He sighed in relief as the broken structure came into view. It was an old log cabin with a small, attached stable nestled in a quiet clearing in the forest. Half of the cabin’s roof had collapsed inward, a result of the terrible snowstorms they had endured the previous winter. The carpenter liked to come there for inspiration for his projects and, at times, to scavenge some of the useful wood. The last time he was here, he’d accidently forgotten the bag containing his carving tools on a shelf in one of the rooms that had survived the blizzard. He approached the old building, hoping nobody had made away with his tools in the meantime.

[/html]
[html]

WC:WC: 302 - Kostya is in lupus form.

Kostya's impression of the city of Halifax was that it was an interesting place, but not one that he particularly wanted to spend the night in until he had had more chance to take a look around and get to know the sort of wolves that lived there. This meant that as the sun began to fall Kostya found himself moving south, heading into a extensive woodlands nearby.

Ironically this actually took him farther away from familiar territory but nonetheless Kostya felt much more comfortable in the trees at night than he did in the city. He had started travelling south at a moderate pace, keeping an eye out for any possible food as he went. Fortunately the forest was fairly well stocked with wildlife and he was able to catch a small deer, leaving him some leftover meat which he salted and hung from his harness.

The forest had even provided a place for him to sleep in the form of an old, half collapsed, cabin. Kostya had taken advantage of this and curled up to sleep in his Lupus form, grateful of a bit of shelter from the cold. Kostya slept soundly that night, his belly full from the deer and his muscles tired out from the long distances he had travelled recently. His thick fur was plenty sufficient to keep him warm when combined with the shelter and warmth the cabin provided.

The following morning the sound of movements outside the cabin brought Kostya sharply into the waking world. Blearily he raised his head towards the origin of the sound, trying to determine if it was something that concerned him. Eventually deciding that it wasn't he lay his head back down on his paws, trying to get a few hours more sleep before he set off back north.

Image courtesy of madamem@deviantart; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#487f90; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b3a48; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3533/kostyaarsov.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_KostyaArsov1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc:302

As he approached the familiar old cabin, he realized that he was not alone. There was a scent lingering around the building, and it was still fresh. The Marino came to a sudden halt, amber eyes scanning the area for any signs of life but finding none. No, whoever was here was inside the cabin. The Marino remained where he stood for a few moments, trying to consider what he should do. Weeks of paranoia brought on by the war still lingered with him. Whoever was in that cabin might not have been friendly, and he certainly wasn’t in any shape for a confrontation. He needed to think this through. What was the likelihood of that happening? The war was over. Over. The remainder of the tyrant’s forces had either turned on him or scattered to the winds. There should be nothing for him to fear.

He needed to remind himself to stop being paranoid. At the very least he could scope out the situation. And he couldn’t just let this trip go to waste; if his tools were still in there, he was going to be going home with them. He didn’t know how long it would be until he could come back here again, and he wouldn’t forgive himself if he just turned tail and ran right now. The Marino shook his head, as if to shake off his worries, and continued to the old wooden building. His hand tightened on the wooden spear as he slipped through the doorway. “Hello?” he called, accented word echoing slightly in the space of the cabin. Amber eyes spotted a figure curled up on the other side of the room, appearing to be sleeping. The Dreamer grimaced slightly as he stepped into the run-down cabin. Way to go disturbing a sleeping stranger, Ehno.

[/html]
[html]

WC:249 - Sorry, not a very good post ;-; This is what happens when I try to post on little sleep and after a busy day and Jiu-Jitsu, wanted to get soothing up though.

After deciding to ignore the sounds outside Kostya had succeeded somewhat in going back to sleep and had not noticed the other wolf opening the door, so he was understandably shocked by the voice. Kostya shot to his feet baring his teeth and snarling, ready to pounce, until he realised that the stranger was not in an aggressive stance.

Leaning back into a sitting position Kostya shuffled his paws, embarrassed by his reaction."Ah, sorry bout' that, ya' shocked me comin' in like that." Kostya took a moment to examine the other wolf, who he could see was fairly heavily bandaged and carrying a spear, before it occurred to him that this cabin, old and broken down as it was, could be this wolves home, and that they might not be happy about finding a strange wolf sleeping inside it.

Getting to his feet and backing off a little bit Kostya bowed his head apologetically, "Ah, sorry. Didn' realise tha' som'one lived ere', just saw an empty 'ouse when it wa' gettin' dark an took it fer some shelter." Kostya's already broken accent became even more incomprehensible when he was nervous or embarrassed, as was happening now. The fact that he was tired didn't help his frame of mind either so he took a moment to calm himself before continuing, though eh kept an eye on the wolf from his bowed posture in case they turned violent.

"Anyway, i'll jus' be goin' then? Didn' mean ta' cause ya' any inconvenience."

<style>
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#487f90; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_KostyaArsov1 {background-color:#010409; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1b3a48; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3533/kostyaarsov.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_KostyaArsov1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ohh, no worries, mate. You're good. :]

As he’d expected, his sudden shout had certainly startled the sleeping wolf. The newly awakened wolf leapt up in surprise, baring teeth and slipping into an offensive stance. The sudden movement surprised the weary Marino, who couldn’t help but automatically move into his own defensive stance. He took a step back, spear held out in front of him and his own glistening ivories bared in response. But the standoff did not last long, and for that the wounded Dreamer was incredibly thankful. The surprise of the situation had set them both on edge, and after assessing what was going on, both males seemed to relax. Ehno breathed a sigh of relief when the stranger sat back, shuffling about in an almost embarrassed manner. “Oh, no, I am the one who’s sorry. I should not have surprised you like that,” came the Italian wolf’s own accented apology.

The other stood, apologizing once more, this time for intruding. The Marino’s eyes widened slightly at his words, realizing the impression he must have made barging in like that. It could have been mistaken as territorial by the previously slumbering wolf. When he offered to leave, the Marino shook his head emphatically. “No, no, no, you’re not intruding at all. The cabin here is not mine. I live in a pack just south of here,” he explained, motioning back the way he came with his free hand. “I left some of my things here, and wanted to get them… I hadn’t expected anyone to be here.” He shook his head again, a slight smile working its way to his lips. “Please, stay if you wish. The cabin’s probably of more use to you than it is me.” Yes, if someone wanted to claim it as their shelter, the Dreamer had no issue with that.

[/html]
[html]

WC:000+ OOC STUFFS HERE

Kostya peered uneasily at the stranger as they assured him that he had not intruded on their home. The stranger seemed to have relaxed though so Kostya did the same, pushing himself back upwards into a neutral position and blinking the sleep out of his eyes. "Righ' then, glad that’s sorted out, the name's Kostya by the way, nice ta' meet ya'" Kostya inclined his head in greeting to the other wolf, before discreetly sniffing the air, trying to see if he could recognise the strangers scent.

The other wolf started explaining why he was there. Feeling reassured by the strangers smile Kostya listened, head tilted slightly. The mention of a pack worried him slightly, but he had already guessed that some of the packs down south seemed slightly friendlier to strangers than those up north. Well, I didn' see anythin' tha' looked outa' place when I got 'ere, but it was dark an' I pretty much just went ta' sleep in the firs' warm corner I could find. Ya' want some help looking fer' your things?" Kostya didn’t particularly like being woken up like he did but it seemed that it was a honest mistake, and half of the reason of his trip south had been to meet new wolves, with the other half being to visit Halifax, so he was happy to help this stranger out.

While he waited for the stranger to answer Kostya started to shift, guessing that his Optime form would be more suited to rooting around a cabin than his Lupus form. Being that it was fairly early in the morning and Ksotya was tired the shift would probably take him a minute or two however.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

wc:344

It was an incredible relief to the Marino when the initially tense situation eased into something more relax. The conflict with AniWaya had left the Dreamer very high strung. Usually Ehno would not be so quick to fly to the defensive, but he had trained himself to see threats in every shadow for a number of weeks now, and it was turning out to be a hard habit to shake off. But now that he and the stranger had begun to relax, he was beginning to drift back to more of his usually friendly demeanor. The other introduced himself as Kostya, and Ehno returned the nod of greeting. “I’m Ehno,” he said in turn. “It is good to meet you also.”

Kostya didn’t seem to know anything about Ehno’s missing tools, claiming that he’d simply come in here and settled right down to sleep. It was understandable; Ehno would likely have done much the same had he been traveling around this area alone. And it seemed as if this male was indeed a loner. The Dreamer couldn’t detect any familiar pack scents mingling with his own. The dark wolf offered to lend a hand in Ehno’s search of the cabin. “If it is not too much trouble, that would be great. I’m looking for some of my woodcarving tools. They should be in a small bag somewhere around here… I’m not all that sure exactly where I left them last time.”

The other wolf took the time then to shift from his four-legged form, likely to better aid in the search. Ehno stepped in past the doorway. Amber eyes studied the spear in his hands for a moment, considering. It didn’t seem like he would need it now that the situation seemed rather relaxed, but he still wasn’t eager to part with it. Yet even if things did turn violent, the weapon wouldn’t have been very much use to the inexperienced fighter in such a closed in space. With that in mind he made his decision, setting the spear to lean against the wall.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

OOC: Sorry, this is pretty short. And Late. I've been busy recently ;-;

In Character

Kostya stretched his arms back over his head as he finished his transformation, cracking his knuckles with a sigh of satisfaction. Out of the corner of his eye he watched Ehno walk into the room and noticed that the other wolf left his spear by the wall. Kostya decided to respond in kind and as he quickly untied his pack from his back, placing the leather bundle down on the floor in a corner, he left his knife in its sheath, hanging on the side of the pack.

Giving his newly formed arms a last stretch Kostya stepped forward to join the other wolf, arms held unthreateningly by his side as he got closer, "Migh' as well get lookin' then. Shouldn' take too long, this place ain' that big."

As he started looking around the room Kostya started casting glances sideways at the other wolf. While he hadn't noticed it initially the other wolf seemed quite worse for the wear, with bandages around his chest and arm. Cautiously Kostya asked the other wolf about them, "No offense but ya look like y've seen a couple'a knocks recently, there somethin' goin on with you pack wolves that I need to worry about?"

<style>
.freetable-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-c03 b {color:#32e3ee;}
.freetable-c03-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#000405; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z35 ... tbbg-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

No worries. Mine's kinda short too...

The other wolf seemed receptive to Ehno’s defensiveness, for which he was thankful. As the other set his own things in the corner and moved about carefully, the Italian felt himself beginning to relax more and more. He nodded as the stranger spoke. Si, it shouldn’t be too difficult a search,” he agreed. The Dreamer moved to one part of the room where some of the old furniture had been stacked and kept out of the way. He peered around a sturdy wooden table, but found no sign of the bag.

His attention was brought back to the dark-furred wolf a few moments later as he spoke up again. Amber eyes turned to the other for a moment before focusing on the bandages wrapped about himself. He certainly made quite a sight, didn’t he? A bit of an embarrassed smile crept to his lips as he looked back up at the blue-eyed wolf. “Mmm… we’ve had ourselves a bit of trouble with one of the neighboring packs.” An understatement if there ever was one. “Well… a war, really. We went in to put an end to it recently. To take back family members they’d held hostage.” He sighed lightly. “It’s left me a bit on edge, as you can guess.”

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Herp Derp

In Character

Kostya looked up sharply from where he had been examining behind some fallen planks at the word "war", he really did not want to be anywhere around the packs if they were at war, it was starting to seem like heading north fairly quickly might be a good idea, "Aye, I can imagine it would. Had a pack chasin' after me family before, wasn' a nice experience. S'why I'm over here rather than back in Russia." Kostya was fighting to keep the panic out of his voice, this place was looking a lot less friendly with news of a war going on.

Suddenly something that the wolf had said jumped out at him, " Hey wait a minute, you said tha' your pack went in ta' end the war righ'? So there's no more fighin' goin' on at the moment?" That would certainly make Kostya much less nervous, though he still planned to leave; this pack wolf evidently felt there was still enough danger present that he had to go around armed.

Still, he had said that he'd help this wolf find his tools and that he would, though there was a certain swiftness present in his actions as he continued looking that was not present before, quickly shifting through the fallen planks that he had been peering behind before.

<style>
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#000405; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z35 ... tbbg-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

The stranger was sympathetic to what the Marino had faced, sharing that’ he’d had his own experience with his own family dealing with strife from another pack. It was disheartening to hear that—Ehno would not have wished that upon anyone. As the stranger said, it certainly wasn’t a nice experience. One interesting fact stood out to him from his words; the fact that the stranger hailed from Russia. The revelation clarified the accent for the Marino. He’d recognized it, having met a few canines from that land before, but it was not so common an experience that he had picked up on it outright. Ehno had half a mind to ask him a bit about Russia, ever curious as he was, but the dark-furred wolf beat him to the punch with a question of his own.

“No fighting,” he confirmed with a nod. He turned away from furniture-clustered corner and set his sights on part of the room near where the roof had begun to collapse in last year’s snowstorm. “It was mainly due to the actions of the other pack’s leader, and we’ve removed him from power. We should finally be seeing some peace again.” That much Ehno was thankful for. He didn’t know how much longer he could have handled fearing another attack or anticipating grave news of those who had been captured. He caught sight of his spear leaning against the wall, and realized his behavior probably didn’t seem like someone who saw peace on the horizon. “I suppose it’s just been difficult for me to really let my guard down after all this time,” he admitted a moment later.

[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Sorry, not my best writing but i'm utterly knackered and more than a little bit ill today, and I just wanted to try and get something done.

In Character

Kostya let out a sigh of relief as Ehno confirmed that the fighting between the packs had stopped, though the pack wolf's armed state and nervous disposition seemed to indicate to him that things weren't entirely peaceful yet. He only half listened as the wolf justified the actions his pack had taken during the war; in truth Kostya didn't particularly care why some packs were fighting, especially ones so far from his home, as long as it didn’t spill over and endanger him or those he cared about.

Following Ehno over to the collapsing side of the cabin Kostya listened to the wolf explaining his slightly paranoid behaviour, and grudgingly agreed with him, though he still had a quite strong urge to leave the southern lands as soon as possible. Being nervous after a war was understandable; for the first couple of weeks after his mothers death Kostya had nearly had a heart attack any time he heard anything that sounded remotely like the heavy footfalls of a bear.

Wanting to try and stear the conversation away from the slightly depressing tone it was taking, Kostya asked curiously, "Wha' pack are ya' part of? An' wha's it like living in a pack?" While Kostya was fairly intimidated by packs, he was also interested by the lifestyle and companionship they offered. If not for his discomfort at spending overly large amounts of time in his Optime form or living a humanized lifestyle and this recent news of a war Kostya might have seriously considered attempting to join one of the local packs.

Still it never hurt to try and find out a bit about the lives of those around him, and who knew what the future might bring?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ehnosun b {font-weight:bold; color:#bf6f34; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.ehnosun p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.ehnosun {width:400px;border:1px solid #77482b;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... hnosun.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:200px;background-color:#000000;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#77482b;}
</style>

Hope you're feeling better! o:

The dark-furred wolf seemed visibly relieved to hear that the fighting was essentially over. Ehno could hardly blame him. If he had ventured into an unfamiliar region only to learn that there was war being waged between the packs, he knew he would be hightailing it out of there at the first opportunity. Kostya offered him another question, one thankfully unrelated to the war.

“It’s called Crimson Dreams, just to the south of here. We’re a peaceful bunch—well, before the fighting began. We’re like… a big family, really.” That was the best way Ehno could describe them. True, a good portion of the Dreamers actually were his family, but anyone who joined them was welcomed with open arms. A social wolf like Ehno was right at home in such a close-knit community that made up the membership of Crimson Dreams. Kostya didn’t seem to belong to any pack, if his words and his scent were anything to go by. He had mentioned coming from Russia. The Marino wondered when he had arrived, and if he’d come alone.

“Have you been around these parts long?” he asked as he began to move some of the broken pieces of lumber, carefully, so as not to agitate his fresh wounds. There was a small room just past this bit of rubble that he remembered going into before. The building must have been subjected to more decay since the last time he’d been here.

[/html]