Joining
OOC: Tier: Courtier. NPC Canine: no Non-canine: no

IC: Terra had wandered a long way. She was finally used to seeing other canines in their optime form, but she wasn't comfortable alone. The knowledge she wished for could be better found in a pack. Terra had paced the borders of this territory for a while now, watching the pack at it's kills. There were others like her. Perhaps they would be willing to teach her. First she had to be accepted though.

Terra released a piercing howl, ending in a coyote's song. Would they notice? She crouched in the underbush, partly hidden. She didn't want to offend them, but was nervous about coming right out. There would be time to find her place in the pack. For now she remained lying down, waiting for someone to come, not even daring to lift her eyes. She was close to the kill. Would that bring someone faster? She hoped so, as cramps began to grip her forelegs.
[html]

Welcome to CdM! Also, don’t feel like you have to match this length… my first posts in threads tend to be huge >_>
Words:445
Table by anna! <3

The cool air on the husky’s face had reminded him what the hell he was supposed to be doing. The secui male had spent the morning by the sea, right outside his bungalow, letting the autumn wind whip his thick black fur around. He had been in a daze since the moment he had woken up a few hours prior. The hybrid was confused, worried… he was barely hanging on taking care of a son that had an absent mother. It was difficult, but now that the boy wasn’t an infant, Eli was finally getting easier to take care of. Ezra had neglected his pack for the sake of his son, and Ezra had regretted that. He loved his home; it kept his family safe and sound, and Ezra would forever be in debt to Vigilante for that. He needed to change and remember his duties.

As a particularly biting rush of wind hit the male’s face he ran back inside of his home, picking up his ever quickly growing son. “We’re going to go and scout the borders today,” the Major said to his son, as an order, not a request. Eli nodded, licking his father’s hulking legs in excitement. The pair took off, Eli still small enough to fit in Ezra’s mouth. The halfing had learned to pick his son up carefully by that extra fold of skin that puppies possessed. It was quite handy, really.

Not too far away from the edge of the Court, Ezra stopped running and plopped his son on the frosty ground. “Now Eli, it’s my job along with some others to make sure this border is secure. Before you were born I scouted the borders every day to make sure no one came onto our lands without me knowing about it. One day it’ll be your job too.” Ezra sniffed around, deciding to head west on a whim. He let the boy follow leisurely behind him, knowing that soon enough the pup would be interested in a twig or something other than border patrol.

The great beast kept walking until he saw something behind a tree move suddenly. He smiled, barked to get Eli’s attention, and trotted over to the creature. It was a coyote, or at least something that resembled one. Ezra thought of Sage momentarily until he remembered the task at hand. “You’re on Cour des Miracles land,” the Major said without too much emotion in his voice. “Is there anything I can help you with?” Ezra hoped his son was actually paying attention, he couldn’t see the young pup in his peripheral vision.

<style>
.ezratable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.ezratable-01 b {color:#dcdbb0;}
.ezratable-01 {background-color:#5f5a3b; border:2px solid #fefefe; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#141B21; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Terra whined at the sound of the husky. she hadn't realized she'd encroached on the land, at least not visibly. Shyly glancing up she studied the pup croaching behind him. This could be dangerous. He might be more lenient in the presence of a child, or decide to show exactly how it worked around there. From what she'd seen the pack was fairly easy going, but that wasn't a guarantee.

Crouching even lower Terra spoke. I'm looking for a pack. I was hoping this one was open for strays. Terra was young, but she wasn't a fool. She knew he was in the secui form, a design of brute strength. It was tempting to change to match him, but she was safer remaining in her lupine form. Cautiously Terra crept forward, ready to leap away at the slightest threat. The pup, noticing her, came bounding over, yipping with excitement. Terra tried not to flinch as it nosed her, unaware of the danger. Even more carefully Terra softly nudged the pup toward his father. Would it be held against her?

I have gifts that could help your pack. Maybe an offer of her talents would sooth him. He was very imposing. Terra couldn't help but admire the husky, as beautiful as he was. She hoped he would accept him.
[html]
300+
Jumping in Smile Also, we require that you attach a short form to your joining post. Please make sure to check our website for more information and the form, which is under rules.

The war was over, but Vigilante was preoccupied elsewhere, so the Dauphin took to the borders alone, as always. He would not let Noss accompany him on his daily chores, letting the man enjoy the freedom that came from not leading. As much as Strel wanted the man's presence, this was something that he needed to do on his own, and do it well. Today had not been wet and rainy, thankfully, and breakfast had been plenty easy to catch, especially since it had been Noss catching them. Before he left, the redheaded man donned a jacket over his dark red shirt and modified jeans. Presentable was what Strel strove for, and that was what everyone would get from him. He was Dauphin, there was no way he could been seen as anything other than a leader.

He heard the call but was too far off to reach it quickly. Instead of rushing, he kept up his brisk pace. The very fresh scent of another member of the Kingdom made it that much more relaxed. He would let them greet the stranger, and let them get the gist of who they were and what they wanted. Even with the AniWayan radicals defeated, someone could still be lurking with a taste for blood and vengeance.

Soon enough, he came upon a pair, no a group, of people. One was a man with a child, and part of the Kingdom. Strel was not sure if he had met the man and gotten to know him, especially since only the name was clear in his head and naught else. The child was obviously his. Lavender eyes shifted to the newcomer, a rather scraggly looking female, who seemed to have a good deal more coyote blood than they were accustomed to. Normally, they would head straight off to Inferni and join the coyote kind there in their clan. But it seemed this one chose here, as Inferni was always the first place most passed by.

"Ah, good, someone found her before me." Strel had heard her answer to the other man's question as he brushed lightly passed him, his elevated rank evident. Though the redheaded man did not try to pull rank, he knew eyes were on him and he had to play the part. It did help that he was a good half a foot or so taller than the other man. "Gifts you say?" he asked the hybrid. "What do you believe you offer us?"

<style>
.simplesea .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#9aada6; }
.simplesea p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.simplesea b {color:#d0c7bd; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#a5aa9e 0em .1em 0em; }
.simplesea .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e ; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.simplesea {background-color:#867c68; background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... each-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.simplesea-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #bdd0c9; margin:0 auto;}
.simplesea .inner {margin:60px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... inner2.png); border:1px solid #9aada6; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
They took the bait. Terra relaxed, ignoring the submissive looks the husky gave to the newcomer. I'm stealthy. Others rarely spot me unless I wish it. I'm swift, and able to trick others. That's how I got my meals on the way here. Hopefully he wouldn't hold that against her. A girl has to eat, whether or not the other animals agree with it. Feeling more confident Terra carefully lifted herself off the ground. The pup backed off, having found something more interesting than the newcomer.

I am not the best fighter, but I do win against stronger enemies. Finding their weaknesses is child's play for me. If you can use my talents, I would be honored to help. Hopefully the newcomer wouldn't find her too arrogant. She was used to being on her own, even as she missed the pack. the newcomer was really rather strange though. Even as a luperci herself, she wasn't used to them, having come from an area where they rarely passed through, with only her father being there once before she was born. Still, she could accept changes. Please accept me, she desperately thought. Terra wasn't good at living alone.
[html]

Feel free to have Ezra and Eli wander off whenever after this post, Gen ;D

She was nervous and scraggly but the male didn’t really mind. Numbers were numbers, and once she built up her strength again she could be a useful member of the pack. Ezra listened to her talk while he watched his son play with her for a moment and let a small smile cross his face. Strel came walking in just as Ezra was going to respond to her. "Hey Strel," the male said pleasantly, nodding to his superior and nudging his son to do the same. He didn’t know the daupin tailor very well, but he hoped one day he would.

He listened to the two interact, listening to the newcomer with interest. As she spoke the Major scooped his son up with a paw to bring him closer, trying to make him calm down so Ezra could listen to her over his yapping. "And how do you find other’s weaknesses?" it wasn’t asked as an interrogation, more as one soldier to another. Ezra had been improving his fighting stills lately, and was always interested in hearing others tactics for battle.

<style>
.ezratable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.ezratable-01 b {color:#dcdbb0;}
.ezratable-01 {background-color:#5f5a3b; border:2px solid #fefefe; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#141B21; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
000+
Please do get that form, I can't accept you into the pack until you fill out the form and add it to your joining post. Website for easier searching.

Strel presented the female with a cool glance, remember plenty of times other women who were arrogantly proud of their abilities. Like he had any right to talk. "Well, as I am not the Constable, that does not terribly concern me. Haven and Niro would do better knowing of your skills than I." That was true; Strel had little control over the Cavalry, other than typical leadership roles, especially considering there was no Constable to fill that title. More often than not, it was Haven and Niro who would do anything with the Cavalry, or the King himself. But Strel still had power over everyone ranked below him.

"Before I let you pass, be aware that we do not tolerate thievery, murder, and general treachery. Fighting between members is discouraged, except for practice." It was just a general information discourse he had to give, especially since war was over but it was still ringing in their ears. Keese's actions were still not a distant memory, and murder was not either. Strel would not allow villainy to exist here, and he knew plenty of people who had the power to break more skulls than he could on his own.

"What would you prefer for your domicile? A house? Communal? Or a den?" Clearing his throat, he looked at the coywolf. "We recommend you stay in the Hotel for a short while so you can settle and get to know people, and have others nearby to assist you, if needed. But if you prefer solitude, you may make your home where you see fit."

<style>
.simplesea .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:0px 20px;color:#9aada6; }
.simplesea p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.simplesea b {color:#d0c7bd; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#a5aa9e 0em .1em 0em; }
.simplesea .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #a5aa9e ; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.simplesea {background-color:#867c68; background-image: url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... each-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a2aea6; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:11px; color:#bdd0c9; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
.simplesea-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #bdd0c9; margin:0 auto;}
.simplesea .inner {margin:60px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... inner2.png); border:1px solid #9aada6; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
Terra stiffened for a minute. She wasn't used to being questioned. She'd forgotten that most of the tricks she'd learned were from her coyote pack, back west. They wouldn't know them. Terra mulled the question around in her mind. She wanted to impress them, but the truth wasn't that impressive. Perhaps maybe the fact that it was so simple would shock them, that she had noticed something the others hadn't.

I watch and listen. People give it away in their tone, their movements. I can give you a sample, if you care for it. The questions they were asking confirmed the rumors. There really was a pack war happening! It wasn't for territory, or food, or anything that made sense. Apparently a mad wolf had managed to take charge. They didn't want her for her skills, then, but as another body to throw in the fodder.

Terra grinned at the prospect. This new life wasn't going to be peaceful, but it definitely was going to be interesting. The rest of her former pack would love this! Too bad they were just normal. Terra wasn't sure they would have been able to keep up. Feeling confident Terra casually licked her side, trying to remove some of the dirt. She would have to be careful now. I think I'll take your advice, she nodded towards the bigger one, I'll stay in the hotel.

Welcome to Cour des Miracles!

We are a pack of the strangest people united under a king. Explore our website for information on the pack and the rank system, so that you are better familiar with it. Now that you've join CDM, you are free to post in the pack's territory. Make sure that you post, in character, within five days!

Please visit our information portal thread to add your character to our member directory.

Need help getting started?

Check out the open threads list to see if there is anyone who would like someone to join them. You may also start your own open thread, welcome to anyone in the pack. If that isn't your cup of tea, start a thread request or check out their posts to plot with other members!

Still unsure of what to do with those threads? Check out our co-rank list to see if your character qualifies for any of the odd jobs we offer. If not, then we recommend you visit some sites for idea such as TV Tropes, among other websites. If you find yourself wanting to improve on your writing, or are still having trouble finding good things to write about, or trouble with character development, feel free to visit the mentor's forum for assistance.