Deviation Ecstatic
[html]

WC:300+

The moon had set but she knew her way over the Anatheman crags and foothills well now and even the wind rocketing in her ears could not disorientate her. A black night waiting for the dawn, so dusky her fur was perfectly at one with the all-encompassing shadows. Here on the verge between summer and winter she should have only been glad in the knowing of the warm and protective caverns behind her, but tonight with a wild wind flurrying and whispering Caprica yearned for her wildwood home - but not for the loneliness. Tugged in every direction the tall wolf teetered on the borders, circling her neatly rounded body a few times like a cat settling to sleep, chasing her tail to help her think, then with a strangely-unworded decision she was still - staring unseeing into opaque pitch, green eyes as murky as her surroundings - then she was following the direction the wind whipped her fur, running, illicit and intrigued by the strange call of her escape.

As the sky started to gradient itself with light, the woman slowed, and changed, coming into the trees upon two legs, hands idly breaking off good-looking whippy willow twigs or hazels. She knew these parts, and while she was here, it would be worth a scavenging hour or two searching for the leaves, berries, nuts and mushrooms that she loved to flavour her diet with - they provided good nutrition, too, and she could take them home for the storerooms. She would be returning in spring, too - if not before. She had a nice bundle of twigs now, long ones, and when she reached the lake surrounded by the beautiful copses of syrup-bearing trees, picked a sheltered spot and began to weave around two saplings, creating first a wind-break, and then some curving walls sloping up to a pointed roof. The activity cleared her mind; she was absorbed, forgetting for a moment that this had not been her original intention - she was as industrious as if she had been planning for weeks.

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
680+
Forgive the delay - homework!

The days had begun to melt together again, and Shandom took this as a sign that he would have to return to Cours des Miracles soon. Having lost track of the risings of the sun, he could not quite tell how long it had been since he departed his new home. It had felt so unnatural, so uncomfortable, to be confined within the rules and structure of a pack again, especially one so alien to his native Etienne. The daily life seemed so civilized, so far removed from what he knew as a wolf. To Shandom, it was almost like attempting to interact with a completely alien species. He’d slipped out under the cover of night merely days after joining; his intention, exploration.

It was nice to be reunited with his thoughts and his four paws, though he’d slipped into his optime form a few times to get himself adjusted. As the virus made him just as adept on two legs as he was on four, it wasn’t necessarily difficult to move around. Instead, it was simply strange to see the world from such a different vantage point, to have the ability to use his paws in a different way than he’d been raised. Shandom was a proud wolf, and it was significantly easier for him to adjust to this new world on his own. He did not seek to appear weak in the eyes of others. It would be a horrific blow to his confidence to appear even the slightest bit incompetent.

The days alone gave him ample opportunity for thought, and he felt his mind slipping back to its natural state: thoughts of Lea. He remembered the lazy summer days they’d shared in their youth and the quiet nights spent talking and laughing. He could vividly remember the sound of her rough laugh and her husky tones; sometimes, at night, he could swear he heard them in the background. Shandom’s body ached to be curled into her muscled, sable body, to feel her heavy head perched atop his crown. Being alone and separated from her for so long caused his mind to glorify the Lea he once knew and loved, though the smarter part of him knew she was gone.

He often wondered what she looked like now. The last, terrible time he saw her she was an entirely different wolf. Her beauty was masked by fury and hatred; the gentle gleam in her eye was replaced by deadened madness. Lea’d held herself in a more feral, dangerous pose, and she’d grown bulkier in mass. The once velvety fur that blanketed her body was gone, replaced by coarse hair matted with the litters of the wild. Shandom had still found her beautiful, would still find her incomparably lovely if he saw her tomorrow, but he knew it was just because he’d known her before that horrible, horrible day…

Shandom’s pointless wanderings had brought him deeper into a shaded wood, and he moved like a transparent dream through the trees. His nose caught the scent of an unfamiliar wolf and he followed it absently, weaving his way towards its origin. When he saw the wolf producing the scent, he stopped in his tracks. Illuminated by the rising sun was a midnight female, with fur dark and velvety that reminded him of nights long past… His traitorous heart picked up and began to gallop, and his mouth gaped a bit. “Lea…? he whispered, voice lost in the early morning air before it could reach its destination. But even before he called her name, he knew it was not the woman he so longed to see. This female, though in possession of a similar body, appeared more delicate, and significantly less mad. Shandom could not help but be a little disappointed.

Regardless, he moved closer to her, almost silent in the early dawn. “You remind me of someone I once knew,” he said simply, hopefully catching her attention. “It is truly remarkable… But forgive me, my manners have abandoned me.” He chuckled lightly. ”I am Shandom Qi’Vaex-Nightslayer. I apologize if I have interrupted your work.”

<style type="text/css"> .herface b {font-weight:normal; color:#d2e9fe; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#182d42 0px 0px 3px; } .herface .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3e606c; text-align:center; text-shadow:#e1ede6 0px 1px 1px;} .herface p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;} .herface {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#91a5ac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7AZmy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e606c; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#3e606c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;} </style> [/html]
[html]

WC:400+ - No problem at all don't feel like you have to be super-speedy, I'm fairly tortoisey myself... and nice post! <3

As she built, she was also constructing a plan in her mind, vague but thrilling. She could use this shelter as an outpost, a stop-gap home from home whenever she made her foraging trips. But mostly, these thoughts were only presenting themselves as an excuse for her craft. She was creating for the joy of it - not for any practical reason, although those could often be found in time even for the most ridiculous creation. She was proud of her ground-level treehouse, though, already considering what to cover the floor in, what to insulate the woven walls with. The shape that had naturally emerged was rather like a tall onion, rounded sides and a conglomeration of thin, wispy stick ends at the top. The door was shaped like a narrowed eye, stood on end - or an oval that came to two points, an organic looking split as if the canes had been pulled aside like a curtain, but large enough to admit her without need to bend - and she was just stepping back to admire her handiwork and considering going inside to try it out for size, when a voice hailed her and she whirled, immediately squaring herself. She had not been expecting anyone, which was perhaps why she had not smelled or heard their approach.

It was a wolf, snow-furred and scar-faced, trailing a scent of a pack she did not recognise, and she reminded him of someone he once knew. For a second she shivered, contemplating those areas of blank amnesia that seemed to exist in her mind, wondering if it was in fact she that he had met. This fancy only lasted a second - of course it was ridiculous, he would have known her; she had not changed much over her short life, except to grow in size and strength - quite considerably in both, in fact. "I do?" she merely questioned his assertion, arching one brow quizzically. "Sure hope it's a good memory." Now, why was that? Did she hope so much to impress him, this stranger whose opinion was utterly inconsequential to her - wasn't it? Shandom. No longer a stranger. "Well hey - I'm Caprica. You didn't, I'd just finished... the fun part at least." She smiled, running one hand over the whip-branched wall. "Thanks for the consideration."

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
550+
I am filled with muse right now; don't feel obligated to respond as quickly as I just did. xD Tortoise paced is fine!

He could not stop the frantic beating of his wild heart, though Shandom maintained a neutral face. For a moment, he had been so certain it was Lea before him in the gentle light of dawn. Despite the danger of seeing her again it would have taken every fragment of his self-control to not run to her. He hadn’t even considered that Lea would not have been turned Luperci – Shandom knew that if she were aware of the disease, the female would have immediately demanded to be turned to the advantageous being. She would resemble this – admittedly, lovely – female before him, and he would not be shocked to find her building a tree house. Then again, his assumptions were entirely based on the female he once knew, not the monster Shandom was sure she had become. Some of the last words she ever spoke to him rang in his head... “You killed me when you killed them! You destroyed me! I have spent weeks, months, I don’t even know how long anymore – trying to find myself again and I can’t find her! This is your fault, Shandom! Remember that! When people speak of the great and terrible Linquilea – because yes, that is what they will call me – remember this: every drop of blood I spill, every family and pack I ruin – this is your fault. If you had just left them alone…”

The words were horrible to recall, and Shandom shook himself out of his reverie. What was with him lately? “It is a lovely memory, Caprica, reminiscent of my youth in my homeland. I find it wonderful to come across someone who reminds me of such a pleasant time in my life.” Shandom lied easily, a confident smile pulled across his ruined face. Though, he could not say it was entirely a lie. Many nights were spent dreaming about the life he once lived, about the life he could have had. It was incredibly difficult for him to move on from a life Shandom thought he deserved.

Shandom moved slightly closer to her to get a better look, not only at the structure, but the female as well. She was shapely and beautiful, larger than what was conventionally considered ideal but what he found to be perfect. Her fur was lovely and sable and her eyes were a startling shade of green he had not seen before in his wolven brethren. Caprica appeared strong and healthy; his assumptions were mostly founded on her ability to create such an intricate structure. In her Optime form, she was, of course, much larger than his current four legged stature, though he assumed she would probably be shorter if he were to shift. He shifted his attention to the structure built in the trees, and it made him smile a bit wider. “You’ve done a great job,” Shandom said after his several moments of assessing silence. “It is nice – a little home in the trees.”

He wanted to ask more questions, get to know her better. There was something about this Caprica woman that enchanted him. Perhaps it was the magic of the early morning, but Shandom felt more at ease than he had since he arrived in Nova Scotia. Yet he remained quiet, his expression gentle as he examined the little structure.

<style type="text/css"> .herface b {font-weight:normal; color:#d2e9fe; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:12px;text-shadow:#182d42 0px 0px 3px; } .herface .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 10px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#3e606c; text-align:center; text-shadow:#e1ede6 0px 1px 1px;} .herface p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; margin:0px;} .herface {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#91a5ac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7AZmy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3e606c; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#3e606c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;} </style> [/html]
[html]

WC: Just to prove I can be quick-ish soommetimes >Big Grin

So lucky for him, to have pleasant memories. So delightful, that he connected them to her. She was pleased on his behalf, too. The scar showed that not all of his history was beautiful, and she supposed that made the better parts of it even more precious. Ancient history was of no interest to the D'Angelo though - she cared only for what she could see before her. On her luperci legs, she towered above him, but she could guess he would be as tall or taller in matching forms. He did not have her muscular bulk, but he had an impressively lean sinew, and a bold smile that transformed - transcended - that deeply-marked face. Her green eyes were as steady as gems, unafraid of seeming to look at his scar; unselfconscious.

"It's nothin'," she said, modest in response to his praise, "and the wind'll whistle through like hell in the winter. But I guess it'll do for now - I'm gonna use it as an outpost, just now and then. It ain't home - that's up in the mountains. How about you?" The reminder of Anathema made a hand reach for her gris-gris, buried in her thick neck-fur near the hollow of her throat, and fondle the contents idly - it was with a fluttering heart she remembered the recent addition and a sudden intensity came into her gemstone eyes; a phosphorescent green smoulder, just the beginnings. "You got a place to call home?" A politely bland smile belied the jade ferocity, telling a tale of a lower-key encounter - a simple introduction between two passers-by, in a maple-tree forest. Telling the truth, but not all of it.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
300+
Sorry for the delay! Power outages and midterms and whatnot Tongue

He did not feel remorse for lying to her about the pleasantries of his youth. Caprica could not help her resemblance to Lea, and the jackrabbit that appeared to replace his heart had slowed slightly as he grew accustomed to the situation. For several brief seconds, she had given him more hope and joy than he could recall feeling since before everything went south. A strange, almost overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards the woman filled him: it was not unpleasant. Indeed, it had made him feel more relaxed. As he walked slowly around her structure, examining its crevices but attempting to maintain a respectful distance, Shandom grew more impressed. He was not so skilled with his Optime paws as she.

“Fur will protect you from the wind,” Shandom murmured quietly, still engrossed in his examination. “I have never seen anything like it...How do you do it?” The male was not sure whether or not he should be embarrassed. From what he had seen in Cours des Miracles, almost anything was possible with these wolves. To him, they almost did not even seem like wolves anymore; more like strange, impossibly powerful creatures with an understanding the likes of which he could hardly imagine. In Etienne, Shandom had always been regarded as intelligent, perhaps moreso than the rest of the pack – with the exceptions of Odin and Lea.

“I have no heard of any packs in the mountains, as I am new to the area,” he responded to her remark of her home. “Though I have been extremely transitory since my arrival in Cours des Miracles, the land I now call home, my travels have not taken me there yet. Do you enjoy it there?” Shandom’s tone matched hers in politeness, but he could not help but feel there was something special about this Caprica woman. He hoped it was not merely because she reminded him so much of Linquilea it was almost painful.

[html]

WC: 300+it's no problem at all medear! And ooo, sounds exciting. Kind of :]

It seemed he was quick to put her at her ease and smooth over the downsides of the structure. Caprica could appreciate a thoughtful word: it took more guts to be nice to a stranger than to act defensive or try to outface them, in her experience. This wolf had an assurance about him and she liked it. Good thing he seemed happy to keep on talking, and seemed honestly to be interested in her and what she'd made. Seemed she wouldn't have to settle for just being proud of herself for once. "It's called weaving, just winding bendy sticks around bigger ones," she explained. "Learned it from a human book about baskets, but its so simple once you try. I'm not planning to start doing cloth or anything, though." Sticks and rushes were complicated enough at her beginner level, for sure.

His words were very fine to her ears, reminding her of the stately way her mother could talk sometimes. She hadn't inherited, or learnt, that trick. Her vocabulary tended towards the unpolished, and compared to his eloquence, it was more than a tendency. Caprica would have been surprised to learn that Shandom was the one doubting his clear intelligence - she'd had her whole life as a luperci practicing her prehensile skills, so her ability was unsurprising, at least to herself. His home was a Miraculous place, or at least it sounded something like that, and he wondered how she enjoyed hers. "Sure do. Anathema ain't like nowhere else," she answered with feeling. "I don't hate getting away, though... always good to see a new face." Her tail wagged appreciatively. "How do you find your new pack? Worth the journey?" She wondered where he'd come from, now - and why he'd left. It always seemed a shame to the talkative girl that one couldn't fit more than one or two questions at a time into polite conversation.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
500+
It was…interesting, to say the least. xD Fun for the first day, not fun once it was cold and night…and it lasted for five days.

Her words were rough and unpolished; coarse, even. Shandom had never heard any wolf speak quite like it, with such ease and disregard for the linguistic choices. He had been raised in such a proper place, in such a high position: Shandom had to wonder if, perhaps, the old traditions were lost in this new land. Such a thought gave him room to despair: he hated the idea that wolves were possibly losing their collective species identity. Caprica mentioned that she learned to wave from a human book: the alabaster male internally shied from the idea, though he did not begrudge her the decision. From what he’d seen, some wolves enjoyed the humanized lifestyle. Shandom doubted he would ever attain that level of comfort in his Optime form. “I cannot imagine using my paws to create something like that,” Shandom mentioned. His tones were not self-deprecating, or in any way ashamed. He simply stated fact. “I am not so comfortable with the idea of taking human inventions as many of the other wolves around here. I am merely a wolf; I do not aspire to much more.”

As he spoke the words, Shandom did feel a pang of regret. “I am sorry, Miss Caprica. I do not mean to insult your culture and ways; they are merely unfamiliar to me, and sometimes disconcerting.” He gave her a reassuring smile, as if to promise that he did not think any less of her, and hoped she would forgive him for his borderline unfriendly reaction to her mention of human books. When she told him about Anathema, Shandom could hear the passion in her voice; it made him smile. “The way you speak of it, it must be so wonderful. What is it like there? Do you have much family?” He was genuinely interested, and his easy smile and relaxed stance reflected that attitude. Shandom lowered himself to his haunches, tail curled easily around him.

When she asked about whether Cours des Miracles had been worth the journey, Shandom almost had to bark a laugh. It wasn’t that he had anything against Cours des Miracles – he quite liked it there, if he were being honest – it was simply that no pack, no journey was actually worth everything he had been through. Still, he found a way to keep his tone light and easy. This female had no need to know of his history. “Cours des Miracles is pleasant. I arrived at their borders when the pack was at the twilight of war, so I do wish I came at a better time. Still, the wolves are friendly, and they mean me no harm. I am grateful for their safe harbor.” The words felt strange in his mouth; it was odd for him to speak about a pack that he called his own that was not Etienne. He felt, for some reason, compelled to tell her this. “I must admit, however, it is entirely different from my home. There, no wolves walked on two legs, and we were very traditional. It was not until I left their borders that I contracted this virus. Have you been this way your entire life?”

[html]

WC:400+ Wow, that sounds really quite nasty :[

Maybe some old traditions had been lost here, but there were new ones springing up as was tradition's wont - and in a melting pot of a peninsula like this, plenty of old lore and habits were being preserved too, mingling with others in a crazy mesh of unpredictable both primitive and futuristic mess. Caprica was not a philosopher, or a historian, and didn't give these things much thought. She was spontaneous, taking life as she found it, unable to keep from her magnetic attraction to making things she thought of as beautiful. There was a fluid and limber quality to her decidedly off-centre brain, though, which found his words to be not challenging, but fascinating. She had been an Ortus, luperci from birth and to her the idea of being 'merely' a wolf held a childish aura of mystique, of days before shifting, spent running and hunting on all fours without any complicated human remnants to distract one from the pure business of living. Not that Anathema was a mundane bed of domesticity. The canines there were as wild as canines had ever been, despite their talents with fires and tools, and wolves had always been ruled by social laws.

She flapped a hand, not insulted, wafting away his apology. "You're right. I wouldn't wanna be uppity about this stuff. It's not gonna put food in our mouths, being able to weave sticks together." Now didn't seem the time to remember how much her trap-building had helped her when she was a loner. He asked about her family, and she nestled into a cross-legged position facing the frost-furred wolf, so that she was below his level for the first time as she ticked them off on her hands. "My mother, and aunt... three, four brothers, and a sister." Cour des Miracles wasn't a name she'd heard much about, but now she was rather more interested. War, huh? It couldn't have been too comfortable where he'd come from, if a war-torn pack seemed pleasant by comparison. "Uh huh. Born and bred a shifter," she admitted, wondering if he really disapproved of this or just found it difficult to get used to. She bet he made a pretty impressive looking optime. Her imagination was already working on a good mind-picture of that. "How come you left those guys for us crazy folk, then? Doesn't sound like you were one of those itchy-paw wanderers, desperate for a change of scene." To her conjecture-happy mind, Shandom seemed more of a steadfast type with all his talk of traditions, and his thoughtful words: not the kind to do something for no good reason.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
550+
I will never take electricity for granted ever again!

The topic had turned, no matter how briefly, to family, and Shandom was forced to again realize Caprica’s striking resemblance to Lea. It was painful each time he noticed, a bitter knife through his fragile heart. He could not blame the woman before him – it was far from her fault – but he could not help imagine her with topaz eyes, a stronger jaw, a splotch of white on her chest that vaguely resembled a crooked rose… If he shut his eyes for a moment, Shandom could allow himself a brief second of happiness and illusion. It was wonderful, but all too quick. His mind refused to allow the delusion.

Envy consumed his heart as she rattled off the siblings she had in Anathema, as well as a mother. A mother! The notion was foreign to Shandom. He remembered Xydia with fondness, but he had been a child when she was taken. The few, fuzzy memories he had of her were of a beautiful, delicate wolf with fine, regal features. She’d been in possession of a lovely and rare magnetic smile; it drew people to her, and made her a much loved Alphess. Warmth spread through him as he recalled the pleasant memory. It was, of course, rapidly replaced when his thoughts inevitably shifted to Kora. The look of mingled grief, terror, betrayal, and dignified acceptance that was her last expression lived in the screenplay of his mind. Shandom wished with all his being he could forget it.

With a chocked laugh and a slightly embarrassed expression, the male realized he’d been silent for longer than was socially acceptable. ”Your family sounds wonderful. It is so incredible to be surrounded by those whom you love and treasure. Truly, it is the greatest happiness.” He was concerned this woman might find him odd, but he could not halt that words that jumped to his lips, unbidden and free. Besides the uncanny resemblance to Linquilea, this woman put him at remarkable ease. Shandom did not feel the same way he would normally feel if a stranger asked him how he got here, or why.

“I wasn’t – I’m not,” he murmured in response to her question. “Had everything been sane and normal, had the world been a fair and just place where things happen the way they ought, I would have my full sight and live in and lead the lands of my ancestors. Instead, I allowed my jealousy to impede my – normally! – excellent judgment, and through that I lost my beloved family and the one wolf I treasure above all else – my sister, Linquilea. She is the wolf you resemble, by the way,” Shandom finished softly. His face was rather vacant, but his eyes were wistful and far away, until he rapidly brightened. Tone more upbeat, he asked “So, are more wolves around here ‘born and bred shifters’? I can’t imagine that! My homeland – Etienne, it is called – didn’t have any. If I am being honest, I have never even heard of wolves that can do that. I suppose that goes to show I have not been particularly gregarious since I arrived here.” He gave her an easy and relaxed smile that did not adequately reach his eyes. They were still sad and distant, seeped in memory of those he’d lost.

[html]
300+ We need another thread!? :]

He seemed like for a minute he was going to lose that upstanding composure, riling himself up at the thought of his lack of usually excellent judgement, but then the name of Linquilea seemed to calm him. His sister. He seemed pretty fond of her. Caprica didn't have the strongest of bonds with her own sisters, for they had been separated young. Rio was back at home now though, and she was hoping they would find the time to reconnect soon. She leaned forward a little, wanting to pat his shoulder reassuringly, but the sadness seemed to have already passed so she just dropped her chin onto her knees and continued to pay unswerving attention. He was still not over the luperci gene, and again she wondered if he would be more comfortable if she wasn't her usual Optime self. "Mostly we are, yeah" Caprica admitted, her tone noncommittal. She appreciated highly the gifts that hands gave her, but there was a lot to be said for the speed and stamina of her four-footed form, which she had barely used lately. She wasn't great at shifting, or she might have tried now - it would have been too embarrassing, though, and taken too long. She also had no idea what gregarious meant, but reached a good guess based on his context. He hadn't been hanging out much with other luperci. Probaby because of the melancholy that still dimmed his expression. The girl wanted to reach out again, and suppressed the urge, again. "Hey, you'll get used to it," she said softly, comfortingly. "If it helps, you can see me any time..." She paused, for an exciting idea was forming and she wanted to phrase it properly - convincingly, even alluringly. She let her eyes pull towards his, green jewels in a sea of blackness. "I've been needing more use of the four-legged form - I'm always shifted these days. I don't even hunt properly, because I've learned to make snares and traps. I'll need help with that if I try it. If you wanna. I can show you some hand stuff, in return, tools and so on..." She casually leant her head back against the wicker shelter, trying not to show her nervous eagerness in waiting for a reply. Her eyes strayed to the path that led to the lake. Could she even fish in lupus form? If so, this little outpost would become quite a desirable overnight stopping place indeed. She'd never got used to handling spears.

[/html]
[html]
500+
Feel free to post again or we can imply they agreed to meet again and went their separate ways Smile And yes, let us have another!

These moments with Caprica, no matter how brief, cemented Shandom's belief that he would never be able to find someone who would quite compare to Lea. His dark eyes, even the blind one, were mournful and distant as he stared almost through the ebony female, lost in a web of memories too complex and heart wrenching to vocalize. Each happy memory of his sister turned into a stab through his heart; he knew what she had become. And Shandom also knew that the time he spent here under the quiet umbrella of calm was limited. Linquilea had a way of finding him, sensing him - he supposed he had the same "sixth sense" for her as well. Shandom had no doubt that his ebony sister was already tracking him across Canada, leaving chaos and destruction in her venomous wake. He was almost flattered she would go to such extents for the sake of killing him; after all, wasn't hatred a passionate emotion? Sometimes he wondered if that hatred could be converted back to the love they once shared; perhaps a love greater than the one that existed before... But the male knew in his heart he could not allow himself such hopes. In the months before everything happened, Shandom saw the signs of Linquilea losing her balance, her ever precarious grasp on the volatile temper that flared most significantly after Aylienne's attack.

The Lupus male sighed and curled his tail tighter around himself; it was the only sign, aside from his distant eyes, that he was as emotionally distressed as he was. Something about this beautiful Anathemian woman did something to him that he couldn't quite place; it was similar, though nowhere near the same, to what Linquilea had always done. Lea, his Lea... Shandom suppressed a sigh and refocused on the conversation at hand. He was slightly embarrassed that he'd bared so much to this strange woman - he was certain the female was judging him in probably an unpleasantly harsh manner. But her words remained kind, and he appreciated her for that. I'd like that, Shandom whispered, giving her a shy smile when she indicated he could see her any time. I'd really appreciate you helping me out with the whole two-legged thing, too. And I'll show you what it's like to do things on four paws, including hunt. I'm pretty good at it, what with being a loner for so long.

He hoped they could see each other soon, but it was getting to the point where Shandom knew he had to return to Cours des Miracles land. I should be getting back, he sighed, standing up onto his four paws and stretching a bit. I do hope to see you soon though, Caprica D'Angelo. He gave her a smile, a wide, true smile, one that transformed his ruined face - through it, the wolf he could have been was visible for a brief moment. The smile was enigmatic and handsome, making Shandom look years younger and much less war-weary. If Linquilea had seen it, it would have been recognizable to her as the brother she once knew, not the tumultuous introvert that had replaced him in her wake.

[html]
OOC: Alll done!

He was aloof and restrained: Caprica interpreted this in her own way as dreamy, mysterious. He was promising their acquaintance could continue, and she felt honoured to not only hear a little about his past and his sadness, but also be offered a place in his future. She knew where her strengths lay, so she did not mind that she would probably show herself up straight-away during their future four-legged excursions as a pretty unaccomplished athlete. She would be happy for the chance to improve this area, especially with such an exciting teacher - for Shandom was headily enthralling. She loved how experience coloured clearly his words and his ruggedly handsome visage. She couldn't help but tremble, her eyes galittering with the awe of the invisible forces that had worked their magic so quickly and so beautifully. What else could she conjure, if she tried?

"I'll look you up, Shandom Qi'Vaex Nightslayer of Cour Des Miracles," she promised, knowing she had to keep her words restrained - with the heady thrill that was flooding her veins - flooding beneath her skin - she could so easily let slip her innermost feelings, and she knew that would have been dangerous, even though she trusted him and trusted the supernatural powers of the runes that she could feel, in her imagination, tingling against her throat-fur. "Take good care, won't you?" she whispered, rising to see him away.

[/html]