Strong and brave, is the heart of a mother.
She had been traveling with her pup along the mountains. Her previous den along a shoreline in the far north had been raided by a pack of rogue wolves. Barely managing to escape, she now had to find a new home and knew the dangers of being a lone wolf raising a pup.She had to find a pack in order for her and Nikolas to survive. She wanted the best life for her young pup and was willing to do anything for it. She was determined to be a good mother, but had found but little food for them in the mean time, catching a few small rabbits here and there. They were weak from hunger. The two wolves had reached a clearing, consisting of an empty field, that was surrounded by forest, known as the Musquodoboit Valley. Far in the distance she could see what seemed to be an abandoned sawmill once occupied by humans.

The sky was fading into darkness, but with the moon full, there was enough light to allow them to travel into the night. She noticed young Nikolas trailing behind her, slowing down. His ears were tucked back and tongue hanging out the side of his mouth in a heavy pant. He needed rest and couldn't go any further. She decided they would seek shelter in the abandoned sawmill. She turned around, picking up the pup by the scruff of his neck, carried him through the field and reaching the foundation, set him down softly in the grass and nuzzled him briefly. "Stay here...I will check the area and see if it is safe."

Anya was on guard, her ears high and alert, nose in the air, catching the scent. She slowly stepped into the darkness, crouching low, her tail tucked in. A few small field mice scattered away, causing her to gasp as a large barn owl stirred above her, resting on a high beam. He flapped his wings briefly, calling out in a loud 'hoot'. The creatures eyes stared down at the wolf's, glowing brightly, absorbing the moonlight. There was plenty of saw dust floating around the place as she crept around the turned up floorboards, causing her to sneeze abruptly.

The sawmill was empty as far as she could tell. However, the place still had the fresh scent of wolf that must of passed by recently..possibly belonging to a near by pack. She walked back out, finding Nikolas already asleep, his tail tucked in, keeping him warm. She sat down next to the pup and licked the side of his cheek. He woke up to his mother lying next him and with his tail wagging, licked her nose, whimpering. The pair went inside, finding a place to settle for the night. The barn owl was still present, wide awake, staring down at the young pup and his mother, curled up tight. Then at last, opened its wings and flew out into the night sky.
[html]
.: Yoink. Totally stealing Miwa for this one. :B Hello! :: WC :.

Damn it, what's with Alaki bringing home the bothersome strays? Why couldn't it be something obediant for a change? Matteo thought bitterly as he trudged through the underbrush, wearing a winter parka and with fur padded around his boots, his jeans thicker than usual and a scarf wrapped around his neck. Oh yes, and mittins, though they were altered for his claws.

...Matteo hated the cold.

Miwa had run ahead. With Alaki busy being the new beta of the pack- a feat that Matteo was endlessly proud of -and training new warriors, Matteo had been left with the duty of being a medic and watching the pups.

Not to mention the pets, the pets' kids, the friends of their pups at times...

It was all getting to be a hassle, one the young male wasn't at all prepared for.

" Miwa! Miwa, come back here! " He called, voice drawn in what could've been mistaken for a series of coyote howls, as his Italian-accented voice was famous for.

Up ahead, the pup had darted on towards an old building, a cave, she figured. Just... a funny looking one. She knew that 'pa' was coming, which meant she'd be going back inside the caves again. But why!? The night was so beautiful! She missed the shining stars and dazzling moon. The caves they lived in didn't have that.

She trotted up to the old sawmill with a wagging tail, not even noticing the cold. " Wow! " She yelped under her breath, instantly off again to check out the inside.

She found her way in through a hole in the side wall, one just large enough for her to squeeze through. She explored timidly, poking her nose into old boxes and sniffing at some weird fuzz that had grown near the bottom of each. Huh.

It was the soft sound of breathing that spooked her, and she spun around, half-expecting to see a monster towering behind her.

Instead, she saw a woman and a puppy, curled up in one of the corners and looking as if they were sleeping. For a moment, she wondered if she should leave them alone.

"Miiiwaaa!" The voice of her pa told her that she had more important things to worry about. She squeaked and darted for one of the boxes nearby, shuffling over the edge and slipping in under the cover of darkness inside.

Matteo had followed her scent to the sawmill, picking up the pace once the forest was left behind. He'd managed to catch up to her enough to spot her squeezing into a hole in the side of the building and groaned in aggrivation. Great. The old Sawmill. Just the place a young pup should be.

"Miwa! Cchhh...!" He hissed through his teeth, giving his ears a quick tug. "Child, you are so grounded when I catch you." He growled under his breath as he trudged up to the mill.

He made barely any sound as he pushed open the front door, stepping in and taking a concentrated sniff of the place.

He froze. ...there's someone else here. He cursed under his breath and snuck around the entryway to the mill, peaking into the central room. Sure enough, there they were. A mother and her child.

Well at least it wasn't someone dangerous for Miwa's sake, at least. He'd get the blunt of whatever temper this woman might have upon being woken up.

"Excuse me, Signora. I hate to wake you, but I didn't want to startle you. Maybe you can help me." He spoke up softly, in a gentle tone. While he didn't want to scare them or show them cruelty, he also kept in mind that this wasn't free land. This feral woman and her child weren't part of the pack, meaning they were tresspassing.

But Teo had a soft spot for pups and women lately, especially the younger ones. He figured they could've used the place to sleep, so a warning of danger in a friendly, concerned manner would probably be the worst punishment the pair would get.

Miwa, on the other hand...

<style type="text/css"> .Matteo_Fantasyboats b {font-weight:bold; color:#b7e0df; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:Arial; } .Matteo_Fantasyboats .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .Matteo_Fantasyboats p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .Matteo_Fantasyboats {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#174d56; background-image:url(http://www.solacerp.net/Souls/Matteo_fantasy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412a3a; padding: 325px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9cb39e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .Matteo_Fantasyboats p:first-letter {font-size:20px;font-weight:normal;font-family:georgia;} </style>[/html]
At the sound of a box collapsing to the ground, the young pup was first to be woken. Confident and alert, his ears captured the sound's directions, and turning to face it, he saw another pup. He wasn't too much afraid as he knew too familiar the scent of a young canine such as himself. He wagged his tail, let out a single loud "yip" and ran up to the other. Bowing forward, his tail held high in a playful gesture, he let out another small "yip".

Anya heard all the commotion and stood up, shaking off some of the saw dust from her fur. She turned her head to find little Nikolas playing beside another young pup. At first she was concerned he had been gotten lost or separated from his pack. Suddenly from the side of her eye she caught a glimpse of what must of been their caretaker.

She cautiously took a step back, lowering her head down in a respectful way. "Oh, I am sorry for trespassing.. these young pups must belong to your pack..as I'm certain they couldn't possibly be all of yours." She smiled and laughed softly, wagging her tail briefly. She couldn't contain her naturally flirtatious personality when being next to most males.

She paused for a moment, staring directly at him and held her head up in a more confident stance, ears erect. "I am Anya and this is my son Nikolas..We have been traveling for days, searching for food and shelter and I mean you no harm. We wont survive here on our own for much longer. Surely have pity for this young mother and her child." She looked back at the young ones for a short moment then turned to face him. "As I can see you are out here with them by yourself. If in any way I could make myself of use to you, my pup and I wish to join the pack from which you came."

Nikolas broke away from the rough and tumbling crowd of playful pups in the boxes and sat next to his mother. He whimpered and nuzzled into her soft, furry chest. She looked down at her son and licked his nose. She smiled at him and then looked back up at the tall, unfamiliar male, awaiting his reply, ears tucked in, and tail between her legs. She had to be careful not to offend him in anyway as he still could possibly be a threat to her and the young one, being lone wolves.
[html]
.: Teo's only got little gray Miwa with him. ^-^; Also, Alaki (our beta) will be joining in this round, probably. :: WC :.

Miwa peeked out of the safety of her box to find that the pup that had been sleeping before was now awake and wanted to play. She was estatic! Yes, play was perfect! She hopped out, no longer concerned about her Pa catching her - she knew he'd be understanding, considering he was standing right there now - to accept the pup's offer of play.

No matter how many times Matteo met new joiners, the ones that showed the most respect to total strangers, he never got used to the submissive postures. Especially not when concerning women. He listened to her quietly and tilted his head, tail flicking up in response to her submissive stance. She wasn't a luperci, which could spell trouble for the joining process; sharing blood meant she had a likely chance of turning. Did she want that?

"My name's Matteo Trovato, Signora Anya. I'm a Furcas in the pack, Anathema. The mill we're in is a part of our territory, but not a well-used location. You're not in any trouble." He spoke calmly, even offering her a smile. His eyes flicked over to Miwa and the woman's son, Nikolas and that smile grew a bit; it was nice to see Miwa making friends.

"I'm not in any rank to let you join, unfortunately. However, my mate is. Wait here." He turned and stepped outside the door, scenting the wind for a moment and then letting out a beckoning call for his mate. Alaki could handle this one.

He turned and walked back inside once finished and sat himself down casually, Miwa instantly taking up his lap. He absently stroked a hand across her fur and sighed. "This is Miwa, my daughter. A trouble maker, to say the least, but a good heart." He murmured, then as an afterthought decided to add, "... just like her father."

"I called our second-in-command. He'll be here soon. Don't let his demeanor fool you, Anya. He's a great guy and I'm sure you'll be welcomed into the pack before long. We're always welcoming new members into the family." Teo smiled, instantly displaying why his nickname was Angel; he looked like one, his albino fur and eyes, clear and innocent, yet somehow very wise. Always with an accepting smile.

"So how far have you been travelling, Anya? What brought you to the mountains?"

<style type="text/css"> .Matteo_Fantasyboats b {font-weight:bold; color:#b7e0df; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:Arial; } .Matteo_Fantasyboats .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .Matteo_Fantasyboats p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .Matteo_Fantasyboats {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#174d56; background-image:url(http://www.solacerp.net/Souls/Matteo_fantasy.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #412a3a; padding: 325px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9cb39e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .Matteo_Fantasyboats p:first-letter {font-size:20px;font-weight:normal;font-family:georgia;} </style>[/html]
Feeling more comfortable in the male's presence after initiating their introduction, her muscles became lax and she lied back down on the floor.. A chilly breeze blew in through the door, ruffling through her fur, causing her to shiver slightly. Nikolas curled up close to his mother, keeping warmth. The pup rested his head down and gently closed his eyes to rest once more. Anya placed a single paw over him as he slept, holding him close.

She boldly checked him up and down for a short moment, admiring his shimmering, white as snow fur that glistened under the moonlight. "I have never seen one of your kind before.." She said in awe, distracted by his angelic beauty. He had, just as equally, an aura of purity. "I'm pleased to meet you, Matteo and I look forward to meeting your dear mate." She smiled, politely. Knowing she couldn't delay his question much longer, she sighed.

"As to why we are here, well..several rogue wolves had raided our den. We risked nearly being killed, spotting them running along the bay's shore, north of here. They were looking for bloodshed or simply territory to attain..I do not know. All I do know is that Nikolas and I managed to escape. We've been seeking refuge along the mountains, when after days of traveling, we have reached this land. We are starving and I know in my heart that my son needs a pack to truly thrive in this world."

She looked down at his adorable pup Miwa and smiled. Children simply melted her heart, their hearts full of love, and souls that had not yet known of sadness, evil, or hate. They were pure beings. "How much I do love little ones..I hope to have more one day. That is, once I can get settled down and find a mate of my own. Nikolas' father had abandoned us, before he was even a month old, leaving to fend for myself. He isn't worthy of being called a wolf.." She turned to face the other way, hiding her pain, growling softly. If there was one thing she couldn't stand in this world, it was surely betrayal. Once the feeling had passed, she took a deep breath to let go of the hate and returned once again to her peaceful state. The wind howled through the door, sending another shiver down her back, reminding her of the seasons changing.
[html]

WC:368+ - Finally here ^^ Sorry for key being a moody git, he's always like that. Noting personal >.< Hover for translation when he speaks Japanese :3

He guided the cloth along his Katana's length, the blade coming up cleaner with each stroke. It was one of the minor problems when relying upon human weapons; they had to constantly be maintained and cleaned and for one such as himself, he more often than not found such a task bothersome, especially when all he wanted to do was train the day away. Lifting the blade, he inspected it under the suns light, the metal softly reflecting the light back. Satisfied, he began to ease the Katana back into it's sheath when the voice of his mate called to him, summoning him for one reason or another. Half throwing his blade into it's sheath, he instantly headed in the direction the call had come from.

Soon he entered familiar grounds; with the announcement regarding the restoration and alteration of the sawmill he had found himself spending more time within Musquodoboit Valley than he would of liked. Altering his path so that he headed to the sawmill, it was no long before the falling structure came into view and with it the scents of his mate and miwa.. along with the stench of strangers. Jaw clenched shut he entered into the building, making his way through it towards the main chamber. Upon entering the main section he noted that his white beloved was safe, but Miwa was too close to the stranger and her child for his comfort. “Miwa wa, koko ni kono shunkan o norikoeru” he practically hissed at the girl, whom looked up to see her father and his expression, quickly deciding to go over to him; not so much understanding his words, but guessing what he wanted from the tone of his voice and the fact that he pointed to the floor before him. Once the girl was nearby he plucked her up by the scruff of her neck and tucked her under his arm.

More comfortable now that he was assured that both his family members were safe, he turned his attention towards the female. “Teo, Is she with you or do we have a trespasser on our lands?” he asked his mate, without turning away from the female and his child.

<style>
.Crow-K-01 .ooc {font-size:9px; font-style:italic;}
.Crow-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Crow-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Crow-K-01 {background-color:#b8b8b8; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:513px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/349/alaki22.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 135px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Crow-K-01-border {width:515px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
.: If it were up to Teo, Anathema would have a million members. xD :: WC :.

Teo smiled at the admiration in her voice, appreciating the approval. "Luperci. You'll meet many in Anathema. I don't think we have any non-luperci in the pack right now, actually." It probably had something to do with the initiation. Shared blood and whatnot.

She told her story and he listened intently, frowning at the horrible things she'd had happen to her and her son. A shame. Still, at least she'd gotten away alive. Her son would live one way or another, as he'd so decided then.

Then, just before he could respond to her words, Alaki came in. Instantly the usually bad-with-kids beta had called Miwa over to him, dipping back into his protective streak once more. Teo couldn't help the sigh that escaped him as he stood to greet his mate, walking over to him and leaning against his shoulder for a moment.

"This is Anya and her son, Nikolas." He introduced, then turned to Anya and smiled. "And this is Alaki, my mate and the Rakeeb- that is, second-in-command -of Anathema." He couldn't help the hint of pride in his voice, still so honored that his very own Knight had become a prince, in a sense.

"Anya hopes to join the pack. She's travelled far, just her and her son, and neither mean us any harm or ill intent." Or, as he'd hoped Alaki would understand, Teo had already decided that their joining Anathema was an excellent idea and should totally be accepted.

He only hoped they had room.

Anya stood up as the tall, dark male entered the room. In an attempt to not awake the sleeping pup beside her, she carefully walked over to the side, now facing the two of them. She couldn't help but become somewhat startled as she noticed the opposition of the pair..one being dark as night, the other being light as day. It was obvious how the pair complemented each other. At this thought, she smiled and laughed softly to herself.

She hadn't known many luperci in her lifetime.. Yet found them absolutely fascinating creatures, nonetheless. Anya took a brief moment to observe the exquisite blade that was tied at the waist of this tall, dark male, its mere shine attributing to her excitement as she wagged her tail. One day she hoped to possibly find companionship and to learn the ways of these hybrids. She took a moment to bow in respect to the stranger before speaking, lowering her head in submission.

"Alaki-san. As Matteo has explained, yes, I indeed wish to join your pack Anathema. As you can see, I am just a wolf. However, my son and I have traveled long distances to come here. I will accept whatever decision that you come to make, but..." She took a second to glance over at her son, who was still resting peacefully beside her.

"Truly, I am a loving, caring, and nurturing wolf mother that will make myself of use to you in anyway possible. Surely you could use an extra paw in raising the young pups in your pack. I am a fast learner who is very adaptable." Anya was but a mere wolf, but she had confidence, strength, and stamina that came from the path of a lifetime of struggles she had endured. Simply put, she was more than willing to face any challenge that was to come forth of her.
[html]

... Alaki's like, terrified of puppies. He can barely cope with Miwa and Teo's sister ^^; Hahaha, he has no idea what to do with them and normally freaks when one gets too close to him.

Word Count → 571

Silently he listened as both his white one and the stranger each said their pieces, catching him up on the situation at hand. Although neither had decided to tell him clearly whether this 'Anya' had trespassed upon Anathema lands or not, but for now he let that slide; not wanting to chase a mother and her child out of pack lands with his mate present, for no doubt Matteo would hit the roof if he did such a thing. For a few seconds he said nothing, simply looking at the pair and considering what to do; presently Anathema was full and bristling with eager and hard working canines and he wasn't sure if there was space and enough supplies to provide for a mother and child, yet at the same time it seemed that Teo had taken a liking to the woman, which was the only thing really going in the woman’s favour at that moment. “Watashi wa nō to iu hazudesuga, sonogo watashi ga warumono no yō ni narimasu... Nani o subeki ka nani o subeki ka?” he mumbled under his breath, before he straightened up to his full height, decision made.

“Although we are currently full compared to other packs, I suppose there is just enough space for the two of you” he said, shaking his head slightly in disbelief; truthfully he wasn't too sure, but since his mate liked the woman and her child he wouldn't object to their joining. “To join anathema, you must go through our joining ritual; Agares. Just you that is, the child would not need to” he explained, pulling free a smaller dagger from his sheath upon his belt; not as fancy as the one Naniko uses, but sharp enough to get the job done. “All Anathema members are family, connected by blood, thus for you to join I must make a small cut across your paw and one across mine and press the two cuts together, binding us together by blood”. He stared steadily at the female, watching to see if the joining ritual would put her off or not, but she could not join without going through it and so the female would have to make her mind up and quick; ritual or no ritual. The cuts were small and shallow; hardly painful and didn't leave a scar, but then he was used to injuries and such, so to him such a shallow wound meant nothing.

Movement then distracted him somewhat from the female and her child. Now restrained and held up in the air by her father's arm, the young girl began to wriggle and when that failed she began to attempt biting. Looking down upon the child he sighed and plopped her down on the floor, the pup instantly running circles around her father, tail wagging as fast as it could in a show of excitement. Such baseless and pointless excitement he could not comprehend, for some strange reason it seemed all pups got hyper over anything and everything and their actions and thought processes never made any sense; maybe that was the reason he disliked pups, they were impossible to comprehend and incredibly fragile and dependent. Sighing, he looked at Matteo, his eyes pleading that he do something with the girl, for the child was beginning to irritate him and with a unknown wolf present he was in no mood to deal with Miwa's strange and annoying behaviour.

Table pic by Cait, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.alakirun .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.alakirun p {padding:5px 5px; margin:5px; text-indent:35px;}
.alakirun b {color:#1c0606; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.alakirun {background-color:#6f472d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LXumz.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1c0606; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 250px 0px;}
.alakirun .inner {margin:0px 10px 400px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.alakirun .wordcount {color:#b39573; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b39573; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hi you two.. ^^

Word Count → 326

As the adorable, little Miwa escaped from her father's embrace, Nikolas stirred from his nap, ears stood and slowly opening his eyes, watching her as she aimlessly, yet joyfully, ran around what appeared to be another male. Standing close to the other pup's father, it had become clear that they were mates. He wagged his tail and let out a small 'yip', joining in the play. As most children typically do, the two pups happened to pick up on each others energy, a playful and free spirit both found in their young hearts.

"A full pack you say...All the more reason to accept me into your family. As a mother,, I understand as far as the pups are concerned, you could always use a little extra help." She smiled, watching the pups for a moment before turning to face him.

"Alaki. I would be honored to join Anathema.. I am a wolf that values highly of loyalty and respect. You, as well as Matteo, can trust me as both friend and family member, I can assure you. I have made many sacrifices and the one that which you ask of me is what I find but a small one, compared to the others I have endured. I wish to prove myself to you as worthy, through this paw of mine.. I accept the ritual."
She gently placed one paw in front of her. Closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath, she prepared herself for what was to follow.

As she closed her eyes, she became lost in thought on the fact that she was finally, seconds from achieving her dream. A dream to truly call a place home. A place to where she felt she belonged. A family to replace the one that she had lost in the dreadful wildfire, several years ago.

The drive to become part of a family was the very primal instinct, shared through the heart and soul of all wolves and canines alike. Through this kind act on their behalf, they would be like saints, saving the life of this innocent young mother and child. Anya was truly greatful for this opportunity and after all, every one deserves a second chance at life, do they not?

Anya Valeska

Image courtesy of fras@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.aw-template .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.aw-template p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aw-template .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template b {color:#BFC1ED; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aw-template {background-color:#393A5A; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#BFC1ED; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hey hey! And welcome to the pack Big Grin It's good to have you here- you're all titled up and are now a Zepar of Anathema! Oooh, and hope you don't mind if i jump in and mess the posting order up Sky ^^; Just wanna get Anya into the pack asap >Big Grin

Word Count → 383

Dipping his head slightly he considered the woman before him, for this 'Anya' seemed to put a great importance upon the care and upbringing of children; something he did not understand, but that was who he was and a loving mother was what the female before him seemed to be. Silently he listened to the female speak and he couldn't help but blink a few times before he hid his surprise when she spoke about trust; only a fool would be loyal to someone they met for the first time, that was common sense. Canines changed, they manipulated, they plotted, no one could know another’s true personality from one brief encounter; all he knew was that the female before him was a mother, who claimed to be skilled at child care and could sure as heck work her way with words. At the end of the day, trust and loyalty had to be earned, calmed skills would have to be proven, for a pretty speech was useless if their was no truth to the words, only time could tell whether this female and her pup would be a benefit or a drain on resources.

Crouching down before the female, running the blade quickly and efficiently along his open palm and then repeating the process along the female's offered paw. As blood began to pool on his palm from the cut he pressed his hand upon the female's offered paw, connecting her and himself by blood and therefore welcoming her to the pack and family. Pulling his hand away he slipped the dagger back into it's sheath and stood up, crossing his arms across his head and looking upon his mate and smiling softly, hoping that his actions had pleased the white one. Turning his attention back to the female, “Most members of Anathema live within the underground cave system, the entrance to the howling caverns is just in that direction” he indicated where to go with a general wave of his hand. “The sawmill you are in and the surrounding ruins of a human village are soon to be repaired so that those who wish to live above ground will have a place to do so. Any immediate questions you have?” he asked after explaining a few basics in regards to living quarters.

<style>
.alakirun {background-color:#6f472d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LXumz.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1c0606; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;padding:5px 0px 250px 0px;}
.alakirun .inner {margin:0px 10px 400px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(); border-color:#b39573;}
.alakirun .wordcount {color:#b39573; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #b39573; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Let me know if or when we start a new thread/topic. ^^

Word Count → 346

Anya watched Alaki remove the blade and after the process was over, she glanced down at her paw and licked it a couple times, clean. From living years along a rocky shoreline, her pads had taken quite a beating after climbing jagged rocks and the like. She had barely noticed the thin cut. Seeing a smile come from this rugged brute as he glanced over at his mate and their pup, leaving.she discovered that there had must of been a softer side to him, after all. She leaned down, nudging her own pup to wake. He stretched, yawned, and shook off some settled sawdust before sniffing around some upturned boxes.

"A cave system you say? Sounds...immaculate." She smiles. Just then, she was disturbed to find a rather large, black spider dangling above her, crafting its web. She shuddered and took a few steps aside. If there was anything on this ungodly earth she couldn't stand, it was creepy and crawly things. Nikolas on the other hand, playfully begun to swipe at it. Her stomach pangs were returning, reminding how long they've been without food. It had been several days since that mere hare she had hunted along the mountains.

"While we have found our way into this forgotten place..I only ask that we can possibly find a more comfortable sleeping quarters?.."And,lastly..Perhaps at your pack's den, you've might of saved some scraps to share? Not so much for myself, but my son can't go much longer on an empty stomach. We've been traveling so far."

She sighed. While Alaki studied her, between the cautious expression on his face and moments of silence, it was clear, that he had his doubts about the wolf. To lighten up the situation, she wagged her tail and checked him out, with a mischievous grin as canines do. She scanned him up and down, observing each and every little scar along his fit body."You're quite the warrior, aren't you?" She said, laughing softly.She was acting like a silly lovestruck pup. This was just part of her flirtatious nature and she enjoyed playing with any young males, when given the chance.

Anya Valeska

<style>
.aw-template .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.aw-template {background-color:#393A5A; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... mplate.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #000000; }
.aw-template .inner {margin:0px 5px 135px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#0F0F1A;}
.aw-template p.wordcount {color:#BFC1ED; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #000000; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sent ya a PM about possible new thread ^^

Word Count → 412

As the ritual began he saw that Teo and Miwa were making a quiet exit, which was for the best; Miwa was getting excitable and getting in the way. Although the girl was his daughter by blood, he struggled to cope with her and often found himself at his wits end on what to do with her, thankfully Teo had stepped in this time and saved him from his own daughter. Once the joining ritual was over, he noted that the female's pup had woken up. Great, he groaned internally, Get rid of one and the other wakes up, he could only hope that the womans child was better behaved than his own. Anya spoke, drawing his attention away from the pup and back to her, “Immaculate is one way of putting it” he responded, smiling slightly as he tried to picture the maze of tunnels and rooms as 'immaculate'. “Although we have yet to start work on above ground accomidation, there are available caves for you to claim as your own, but some need more work than others to make them suitable for living in” he explained, but truthfully the howling caverns could not really be put into words, they were something to be seen and experience to truly understand.

As he was sorting through his thoughts, the female commented about him being a warrior, distracting him from all thoughts of joining and pack information. “A warrior or lucky git, take your pick” he responded playfully; for although he was somewhat skilled, he mainly came out alive through luck rather than skill. “Naniko's the brains here, i'm just the brawn” he lifted his arm, jokinging making a show of his arm muscles by raising one and tensing it. “Ah, Naniko's the angela, eeer, the leader, alpha round here. You'll probably bump into her at some point or another” he explained, realising that the female may not know who Naniko was.

“Anyway, instead of sticking round in this incredibly unstable building, if you would follow me i'll show you to the caves” he nodded his head towards the main doors which lead to the outside of the sawmill and turned from the female and began to head for outside, not waiting for her response and simply expecting her to follow; if she wanted a guide to the caves, she could either sit around till someone else found her and showed her the way or follow him, it mattered little to the Rakeeb.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

My apologies for the few days absence.. Computer time was momentarily unavailable.^^

Word Count → 528

Anya lowered her eyes, deep in thought of the struggles and hardships she has faced before..

"Cave or no cave.. A place to call home is all I could ask for. "

Watching Alaki exit, her cold blue eyes following, she turned back to retrieve her son. Picking him up from the scruff of his neck, she began to follow her new and behold Anathema pack member. The pup was nearly too heavy to be having carried by his mother, being close to three months. However, being the only child, he would always be treated as such, her first and foremost little one. After a few steps, the pup released a defiant growl and broke free from his mother's hold. He fell to the ground and recovered in seconds, with a wagging tail, a small 'yip' and continued forward with the two adults. She could see that through her son's bright enthusiasm, he understood that he would now have a place to be his belonging and decided she didn't have to much discuss the current situation with him.

Although he had nearly an empty stomach, it was amazing how much energy young ones possessed, despite all odds. He ran passed his mother to follow alongside this new found stranger. He looked up, studying the tall, dark, mysterious luperci. Spying his polished blade that contained the faint scent of wolf blood, the pup cautiously took a step back and boldly growled at him, baring his few baby teeth. Embarrassed and ashamed at the pup's behavior, she ran up, growling, and snapped at him, gently yet firmly, nipping only the corner of his ear.

"It would be in your best interest from now on, to respect Alaki and all others that share his blood. We our all now a pack, my son."

She held up her paw, showing the thin cut that trailed down the middle. The young pup, pressing his nose to the fresh wound to sniff, recognizing himself with the familiar scent. He whimpered, lowering his ears and tucking his tail between his legs, submissively. As for all wolves, it was best the pup learned what sacrifice meant and soon. With all that is worth achieving in this life, one must take an equal amount in some loss.

As they traveled to the caves, she caught a glimpse of dawn approaching, the sun rising. Birds softly began to chirp in the trees, waking up the Earth. Anya wouldn't find traveling such a difficult task, as once the day begun, she could warm up under the sun as it glistened over her multicolored fur. She could feel the warmth melt through her bones. Despite the lack of sleep the previous nights, she yawned and stretched forward, with a pleasant smile across her face. As she continued her walking, she spotted a deer, standing still with eyes watching and ears alert. She could imagine how such a fine catch would ,indeed, fill their stomachs. However, Anya simply did not have enough energy to hunt such a kill. The opportunity soon passed as a moment later, the deer had disappeared, running back into the shadows of the trees. Anya sighed and continued to press on forward.

Anya Valeska

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Sorry bout delay, hectic few days @_@ Alaki leaves here and so you can post a response or this post can end the thread, whatever you want ^^ / +246!

Heading forward, setting forth a brisk pace towards the caves, he had almost missed the young pup and it's display of curiosity. Looking down upon the child he shot it a strange look, unsure what the young one wanted, nor what caused him to step back and growl at him. Confused, he growled back, a soft smile on his face to let the kid know he didn't mean it; guessing the pup was just playing some strange game he could no understand. No further comment or action was required, his mother, Anya quickly scolded him for his strange behaviour and so he turned his attention, shrugging his shoulders slightly at the mother and child’s interaction.

It was not long before he entered oh too familiar ground, the cave entrance coming up into view. Point at the entrance, he turned to face the newly accepted mother-child combo. Head down there and you'll find the rest of the pack. Food, supplies, everything you need is within our caves. You are also more than welcome to claim any free cave you find and customise it and make it your home. Everyone's willing to help, so if you get lost of need something, just ask he spoke quickly and straight to the point. Anyway, I'd love to escort you around myself, but I have other matters I must attend to he explained, not waiting for the female's response and headed away from the caves back out to the packs borders.

<style type="text/css">
.kkeey b {font-weight:bold; color:#4ca294; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #082b25; }
.kkeey p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.kkeey {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#2a4a42; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BSOKT.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#092318; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.kkeey p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.kkeey p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]