Riches and Wonders
[html]

OOC: This is the combined ceremony/family dinner for Rendall and Noah's mateship as well as the pregnancy of Jace! While all Ichikans are welcome, those close to the mates or parents to be are highly encouraged. For the sake of time if you choose to participate please include in your first post your character arriving, presenting any gifts and offering any verbal blessings they might have then sitting back to watch the short mateship ceremony (we don't wanna drag this out). Jace, Temo, Rendall and Noah are assumed to already be assembled! You have two weeks to join in. After two weeks I will reply with the mateship ceremony and it's a free for all after that! Huzzah! Oct 25th!
Word Count: 408

The space was decorated with the last of autumns blooms: orange, red, yellows. They matched perfectly the leaves that still clung desperately to some trees and lay discarded at the feet of others: ambers, honey-fire and apple reds. Nayru had painstakingly decorated the old church she found in Westville. By the her four guests had arrived she also had the food laid out, and set aside the small trinkets she would present to them. For Jace, or rather the beings that dwelt inside the woman who now acted as a vessel, three small stuffed animals, made of rabbit fur stuffed with leaves and pine needles and sewn up with wooden eyes, had been thrust upon the parents to be. For Noah and Rendall she presented a basket, one bottle of wine from their vineyards, smoked meats and two wooden charms resembling the happy couple. The wooden figures she was quite proud of for almost like a puzzle the tails of the wooden wolves could be linked together, making one out of two. Silently she presented the presents to the Ichikans and moved back to tidying the outside of the churchyard, not having even thought to hold the feast and ceremony inside.

"We will begin soon." The woman assured the four as she surveyed the site once more, to make sure nothing had been forgotten. She held the rope and thought faintly of the day Saul had tied one around the wrists of her and Gideon. It had been only a few moons ago but it seemed nearly a lifetime. Brushing away the thought the concluded that all was satisfactory and throwing back her head she let out a long, joyful howl. Brothers of Jace and Temo! Sisters of Noah and Rendall! Come! We have much to celebrate. and indeed they had. Ruby eyes fell upon the four again, a slow smile spreading at the sight. Jace was already round beside her mate, and Nayru couldn’t help but imagine Rendall the same. Is that what it meant to be mates? Yet she knew better, seeing the two couples as they stood grouped two by two. There was something else there, and it was perhaps because she could not name it that she stood alone. The Jiryu stood, soaking in their happiness and substituting it for her own, yet knowing that this was enough and just then, experiencing the joys of the other Ichikans, she could not ask for much more.

<style type="text/css">
.nayrubycait b {font-weight:bold; color:#e86856; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayrubycait .ooc { font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayrubycait p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.nayrubycait {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:#90080a; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/kdjqcw.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dc5609; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Razekiel himself had not indulged in the ecstasy of romance in years upon years, yet his heart swelled with an undying flame of appreciation for the art of love. He missed it, in a way, yet it was one thing he spoke primarily little about; he was not the young man he used to be, perhaps did not bask in the handsome youthfulness he had in his more adolescent of years. Did he expect to possess the attention of a young woman again? Not for an extended amount of time, at least. The coyote had loved the beautiful Ocean Flower well and long during his time in Juniper Peace, and as a result had been blessed with a number of equally gorgeous children. He'd had his time, perhaps, and turned his attention to loving the earth and the family of Ichikans around him in exchange for romance long lost.

Razekiel had convinced Nayru heavily to allow nearly countless celebrations for Ichikan culture, but none mattered to him more than that of mating rituals. To bask in the wonders of a couple in love — the daydreamer within him could not have been more moved with emotion.

The coyote had heard much of Rendall and Noah's relationship, though he himself had witnessed very little of it; Nayru always spoke of such things with more enthusiasm than he would have expected from her, not that it bothered him. The coyote had set to work over a number of weeks shaping jewelry in his little hut by the river, fingers numbed by the onset of chilly autumn weather even despite their business lacing bead and string together or dabbing paint where he found it most endearing. He blessed them with prayers and the Mother's delight, and when the time came for the ceremony, he was quick to move without realizing how early he would arrive.

The coyote knew nothing of a pregnancy, though burst with delighted glow at the sight of Jace and Temo. Did he have anything spare crafted? Ah, no, he would have to make them something special, for sure. Not just anything would work.

"Namaste, namaste, my friends," he exclaimed, a warmth in his straw-hued eyes as he strolled into the small church with open arms, apparently the first to arrive. His voice, proud and charming, echoed gently off the walls. "Congratulations, congratulations, all of you, man. This guy is so proud of you, every one of you."

He pondered when to present their gifts, and decided to withhold them for the time being; instead, the Seiryu embraced them each one by one with strong and loving hugs. "It is an honor to attend such groovy ceremonies, man. I can't wait."

<style>
.razboatsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razboatscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razboats p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razboats b {color:#883E4A; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #B93B45; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razboats {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.razboatsinner{background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; border:1px solid #883E4A; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yay happiness! lol

Rendall's heart swelled this joy. She was so very happy to be celebrating her mateship to Noah with the happy soon-to-be parents. Ren embraced Temo first, giving him a happy look and her congratulations "I'm so very happy for you both! You two are sure to be great parents!". Then moving to Jace, the woman couldn't stop herself from rubbing the big belly gently before embracing her too in a loving hug. The blue-hued woman couldnt help but think about the family she would share with Noah one day. She looked over at her mate with a look that said it all but quickly turned away, nervous about rushing things.

As she moved to Noah's side Nayru presented her gifts to them. Rendall was happy to recognize the wine, but knew she would be the only one to sip on it. She snuggled close to Noah and winked at him before licking his cheek. She however, couldn't stop herself from adoring the charms. "These are lovely Nayru thank you for your wonderful gift! And the church looks absolutely wonderful." Ren looked about the colorful chapel before having her thoughts interupted by the sound of their hippy leader entering the happy place.

Ren couldn't help but giggle a little, she found his way of talking very strange and funny though it had a sense of calmness to it. The Kenpo happily accepted his embrace before allowing him to move on and speak again. She nodded happily before replying to him. "We are happy to have you here Razekiel." She smiled and let the others speak for themselves as she snuggled close to Noah and whispered in his ear "Are you as excited as I am?"

<style type="text/css">
.renrose b {font-weight:bold; color:#00C5CD; letter-spacing:1px; }
.renrose .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.renrose p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.renrose {margin:0px auto; width:397px; background-color:#00103C; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/doqmj9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0099CC; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
| +320

As he stood next to Jace and held onto her hand with his, Temo looked around and studied the wood work and craftsmanship that went into building the church they were in. Although he knew why the humans built churches, he did not fully understand the meaning behind the religions that he had read about. His thoughts wandered around in his head trying to figure out how the humans did some of the fancy woodwork and carvings. The wood work was beautiful and the Benson was thinking about how the humans managed it and how he could copy it.

His eyes wandered around at the decorations that were painstakingly hung throughout the room for the celebration. It was a nice touch and worked well with the seemingly endless raised wood paneling that covered the walls. His attention focused upon Nayru when she spoke to them and presented the gifts to the four that were before her.

He was feeling a little nervous as he did not like being in the center, he had always preferred being in the outskirts, in the shadows, and not the focus of attention or close to the focus. He kept his nervousness hidden well as part of this ceremony was for Jace and their pups. Thank you, Nayru, they are adorable, he said as he looked over the stuffed toys and sniffed the mild pine scent that the needles contained inside them emitted.

From the time he was born, Temo was not a touchy feely type of wolf. Those of his birth pack were not in the habit of hugging each other regularly nor in having numerous ceremonies and celebrations. So it was with hidden nervousness that Temo returned the hug from Rendall with a quiet word thank you and congratulations to the newly wed couple. And with some more nervousness that he kept to himself, he returned the hug to their leader with a quiet Thank you.

<style type="text/css">
.temow b {font-weight:bold; color:#92bee1; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b4e5d; }
.temow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.temow {margin:0 auto; width:410px; background-color:#8295a4; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/iokt1z.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0f212b; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#33536c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.temow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.temow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

Wretch did not know of the many ceremonies of Ichika yet, but she was excited to learn. The girl had heard that Jace's birthing time was near, and she had hoped to run into the female beforehand to give her a few things. Wretch had found a few things in a closet in Cerne Rise, where she lived with Saul, and she figured that they might be useful for a new mother. The blanket was a little tattered around the edges, but it was rare to find any old human objects that were untouched by age. The one thing that she had noticed about the blanket was the softness of it - she felt certain that puppies would enjoy the texture.

She had put her gift at the feet of the pregnant luperci without word, giving her a smile before going back to join the others that had gathered. She was very interested in seeing how this ceremony went...Wretch had never experienced a mateship or a birthing ceremony, and was both nervous and excited to get to see such a thing first hand. She didn't know exactly what happened during these ceremonies, but it would no doubt be intriguing. Wretch fidgeted a bit where she stood, waiting for everything to begin and looking about at her packmates.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#254117; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc; i'm a bit late XD holy crap XD i cant believe i just farted all of this out o.o WC; 1171

It had been a while since she had first put forwards the idea of a dual party to Noah but eventually they had gotten things sorted out. Nayru, bless the dual toned woman's soul, had gone to great lengths to decorate an old church that was nearby to Jace and Temo's house and provide them with food for the party. She had already thanked the woman countless times although the Jiryu proceeded to wave it all off as her duty. On top of that the amazing super woman as Jace liked to call her had presented them with gifts for the children to play with, Jace would be forever grateful. She nodded at her words, soon her stomach would be on display for all of Ichika so gawp at, her lips twitched in amusement. She accepted Rendall's hug with a gracious smile,

"Congratulations to you two as well, it's not every day you get mated to the man you love" Her own mateship ceremony had lacked anything in the way or a party or even people present but theirs had been personal on a level that was unimaginable. Rendall fell back as Nayru presented gifts to she and Noah as well. Jace had thought for a long time about her gifts, it was something very dear to her that she was willing to part with for something so special, her brother was getting married, there was no greater moment than this one.

She had been about to present them when their eccentric second leader made in an appearance along with Wretch behind him, the crazy man with his loving ways made her smile, although she did have to hold back her laughter as he said he was proud of them all, he was proud of she and Temo dancing the horizontal tango? Good lord. Still she managed to contain her mirth and hugged him back when he approached her, her swollen stomach as always getting in the way of things.

"As always it is a pleasure to see you as well Seiryu. We don't often see you about these parts." Just a short statement, she wasn't looking for an excuse or anything about why he never seemed to be around here, it did not bother her overly much. Her smile was widened for Wretch as she shy girl appeared baring a gift for the children as well, with a small amount of difficulty she picked the blanket up and felt it between her paws, it was very soft and would make a good birthing blanket. She nodded her thanks to Wretch as she settled into place. Jace wished that Eclipse could be here but the young girl had explained that she wanted to see the world and had taken off, Jace missed her presence dearly.

Now that there was no one else to speak Jace moved to stand before Rendall and Noah to shower them with her gifts,

"I have not much finery or jewelry to bestow upon the two of you and in any case I expect that is not what you desire. However I can craft things, a gift from my mother to me." It was a pained expression that crossed her face, Jace did not often mention the family that was long dead and buried, she focused on Noah first, "Noah, my brother. We've been through a lot together and you've proven your worth in so many ways and not just to me but countless others as well, Praeas." Her eyes shone as she referred to him by his rank in Phoenix Valley, Praeas; Guardian. Standing agaisnt his own father in an attempt to protect them all had been an act of selfless devotion in Jace's eyes and it had almost cost Noah his life, "Within my birth pack you would have been known as Talak ma Kojeira, or Moon of Honor." An accent peculiar to all those present apart from Temo filled her voice, none of them had ever heard her speak in her native tongue before,

"I present you with this band so that you might show everyone of your courage and strength." It was a necklace that she handed over even though she had referred to it as a band, the string was short so the centerpiece of it would rest close to his neck. Hanging from the rawhide tie was a small circle of carved deer antler. The very shape of it was the mark of the Talak ma Kojeira, a full moon broken only by a small notch at directly north, within the circle of antler she had also carved the symbol of her pack, the circle of god Honrin representing the sun and summer broken only by the wavy lines of goddess Dalgina which represented the sea and also the winter. Together they made the Annak Gonrra, the Shining Light. Only pack members were allowed to wear this emblem so not only was she gifting Noah with a title that was among the most revered she was accepting him into pack Denahlii, small though it may be, making him her true brother of kin and bone and spirit.

She said none of this however, it was better he remain oblivious for now at least until the children were born. Now it was Rendall's turn to fall under the piercing mismatched gaze,

"Rendall, you've made my brother the happiest I've ever seen him. And once upon a time ago you also saved this hybrid's life, without your help I would be dead and my children would have never been conceived. You saved Temo from a life of mourning and emptiness." She sent a smile to the man of her heart, also unsaid she had helped drive Lucifer away from Phoenix Valley for a short time but this was no place to mention the black monster, "We also have a word for people like you as well; Heiylo da Sunkna, Heart of Dreams." As she spoke Jace reached behind her own neck to untie one of her own necklace's, the one with the blue feather attached and the bead work of silver and green. "I hope you will accept this from me as a gift. It once belonged to my sister, my twin who is sadly no longer alive today. I know that she would have no problem with me giving this to you as a representation of the bond that we share, of life and blood." She handed the gift over, feeling the bond she had held with her sister shift into something new. She no longer needed the necklace to remain attached to the woman of her heart and soul, the other half of her for the connection was held within her own heart and her own necklace, two of a pair despite the differences.

Now Jace brought her hands together and to her face, bowing her head down in the traditional Ichikan greeting, welcoming the pair back into the fold with new titles, as the brother and sister of her heart.

<style type="text/css">
.jacemountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#142d45; letter-spacing:1px;}
.jacemountain .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px 10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right;}
.jacemountain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.jacemountain {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#476b85; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/15mczo6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 450px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fef4e7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:8+

He stood there holding his spot at his beloved side. The male was thankful that she had come back and she had put up with his little childish fit. He stole a look at her with a smile as he gave a nod to everyone that came to them, and presented them with kind words and gifts.

No words could be said that he would rather not have a big things made out if his love for the female but looking down at her, he could see how all of this made her so happy, and that was all that the male could have asked for.

”Thank you Ms.” Noah spoke to the black and white Jiryu, as he dipped his head down to her with a soft smile. He did feel bad for her. The last time he could re-call the last ceremony the shy male had been to be her own announcing her bond to male that once lived in the lands. He felt sorry for her he truly did. ”Very thoughtful!”

Then the crazy but always humorous male that was the co leader with the black and white lady came and spoke a greeting to them, and offer the couples a brow that was marked by the members. ”Thank you Sir. “ The silver male had never bowed the way of the members, missing a paw makes it pretty hard to bring both hands to the chest. Though, the silver male did bend down at the waist to return the greeting.

Already the male knew the correct way of answering a question to not make her upset; he gave her squeeze pulling her into him, with a smile ”Yes dear.” Now the truth…no he hated the large gatherings. The made him jumpy. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust the members of the packs. He trusted these members more then he trusted others, maybe even more then he could trust his mother.

Smiling at the Temo as the male gave a playful wink at. He would exchange words with him in a bit.
Watching the cute little hybrid female the silver male gave another soft smile as she placed a gift in front of Jace and Temo’s feet. It was nice to see that things where being made and found to help her with the pups.
Then Jace spoke, her words warmed him, in fact it was close to making him cry. The male gave a cough as he waited for the female to come back up from the bow hugging her, as he chuckled softly. ”Sorry, your getting fa….fa…fat! Hard to hug!” He had crude since of humor with her. She understood that it was all in good humor and that was it. The male gave a wink to his beloved. Walking over to the soon to be mother and father.
The silver male handed her a paper out of his notebook that he was waiting to pass down to the next star gazer.

”All of you” He spoke slowly hopping not to blunter or stutter. Pointing to Jace, then to Temo and then placing his good paw upon her swollen stomach. ”In the stars” That was his gift to the family. He had found a patch of stars that made him think of Jace, it was a very interesting pattern. At the top was a star that he had wrote down Temo, for he was the head of the family he would be there for Jace when she was unable to walk and move in the days to come. Then came a line under that tall bright star, each one of them left open for the pups, and there was about two stars on each side and under that was a few more line, Noah knew that it would work for when Jace and Temo had more pups. Then finally at the bottom was another strong bright star that sometimes would be brighter then the head star some nights and softer in other nights. Noah thought that of Jace. She was strong and picked up when Temo was going to have weak times, and she would be soft and carrying when her family needed her to be. ”The Wolfe”

Smiling at Temo, as Noah stepped over to the black male, giving him a playful shake of his hand. ”Way to go!” He chuckled at his own joke. It was dry and horrible but it was Noah’s way of supporting the family and welcoming them into the Sawtooth family.

Walking over to Rendall he took her hands in his good hand, looking at her. ”You have made m..muh…muh…me so happy. You showed me ma…ma..many things.” He took her hand softly placing it upon the silver stag charm that he now wore around his neck.You put up wi…wi..with me. My gift t..ta…to you is th..th…the house. And I wi..wuh…will take you d..wuh…down and get y…y..you a horse.” The male let her hand fall down softly as he sighed, he loved her but he knew how horrid he sounded stuttering and tripping over his words.

[/html]