Escape into captivity [LEADER]
The belt that crossed Phoenix's chest was not quite loose enough to be uncomfortable in her Lupus form, but she preferred the more secure Optime shape anyway. However, at the moment she was running wild, and would rather be on four legs than two as she shot through the foliage of the thick forest.

The border markers hit the ebony she-wolf like a glass wall, and she balked in surprised at the sudden sent barrier. She straightened, beginning to shift; the belt tightened around her barrel, the blade still secure at the small of her back. Her mane grew, forming a short, spiky angle that followed her jaw, framing her cheeks as her skull broadened. The laces stretched on the wrist gauntlets and cuff at the base of her tail. Within minutes she was upright, one hand behind her back in a position near her tail, the fingers wrapped around the obsidian handle of the blade and her thumb poised on the clip in case she needed to draw it quickly.

What are you doing, Nyx? She thought silently. Just because there's a border doesn't mean you'll be overwhelmed by an entire pack with a rage for fire-eyed she-wolves. Well... She certainly hoped she wouldn't be. This was what she had been searching for, after all; another pack. Hopefully more organized and humane and possibly civilized than the last.

The black female sighed. She clipped the sword back in place, not having gotten the chance to look at the pretty glass blade again, but she didn't mind. It was just a shiny object, and the last thing she should do would be to look like a threat. She kept her tail down, her ears back slightly, and gave a little howl-bark to signal her appearance at the border. Would she be chased away? Attacked?
[html]

(560)
I rambled a bit. :C SORRY. Forst two paragraphs can be skipped; Myrika is just wandering around the borders like a cool kid. <3

Myrika had picked up the scout's duties since joining Inferni-- how easy a job it was, too! She liked being able to ride Eira around the territory's perimeter, and hardly considered it duty at all. To think, some considered it a job, looping around their perimeter. The blue roan horse moved steadily below her, hooves softly clopping into the dirty. Inferni's territory seemed muddy, sunken into the earth -- it made for decent horse trail, however. She much preferred it to picking through the mountains or along the stony coast.

The russet coyote's head was blessedly empty, free of worry or care. Myrika often got into such a mood while riding her horse; it was easy to allow one's head to slip away into nothingness while on Eira's back. The roan horse moved herself, already well-aware of the path they would take around the coyote clan's borders. Start on one side of the beach, finish on the other -- it was simple, and it only took the better part of three hours on horseback.

Fall was quickly giving way to winter, and Myrika thought they might see snow soon. The mornings had been well-frosted, the earth itself seemingly coated in a cover of crystal. Soon, perhaps they would wake up to a world blanketed in white. Myri looked forward to the spring and summer beyond, her favored seasons. There was nothing wrong with winter, exactly -- it was just that spring and summer were nicer, in her estimation.

The woman's nose twitched, and she scented a stranger. Myri pulled the horse to a slower pace, not altogether stopping the blue roan, but slowing her considerably. Her head tilted back into the light breeze, and the coyote adjusted her trail, heading toward the origin of the scent. On her way, a call drew her closer, letting her know she walked the right path toward this newcomer.

Myri had never greeted anyone before -- she had, herself, been greeted and accepted to the pack by Talitha, however, and so she knew the basics of what was to be done. In the distance ahead, she saw a dark canine: her fur was black as shadow, her eyes red-gold like fire. There was another kiss of flame, licking along her mane and at the very end of her tail. Myrika marveled at such a coloration before realizing there were roots showing -- it was dye. Still, it was something to marvel at, natural or faked.

In addition to the fiery color, the rust-hued woman saw all manner of other decor about the dark wolf: piercings and scars, tattoos and feathers. There was even a weapon hanging haphazardly at her side. Myrika nodded, and offered a smile, her cerulean-hued eyes twinkling with merriment. Hi there, she offered, swinging one leg over Eira, toward the newcomer. The Praeses slid down from the equine's back and dusted her hands off on her thighs, though there was no dust clinging to them. Looking for someone, or something? she asked, wondering if this was a visitor from one of those far-south packs. She was not experienced enough in the ways of border patrol to view everyone as a potential recruit or a potential threat, and perhaps she was being just a touch too nice for a scout of Inferni.

<style>
#sieSimple {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px; }
#sieSimple p {
text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0; }
#sieSimple .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#sieSimple hr { width:85%; margin: 10px auto; }
</style>
[/html]
OMG HORSE!!! ...WANT. Lol :]
wc: 279

Phoenix was slightly startled by the appearance of the horse. She had had a bit of experience with horses before, having run across a lone colt and striking up a rough and barely-understood conversation about the seasons and coming winter. It had been rather amusing and quite pleasant, though frustrating at times when she forgot she was supposed to be speaking low-speak and accidentally switched over, earning her a few interesting looks from the nameless colt. He had found her interesting, as her scent was most likely confusing, being partially coyote and partially wolf, with a tiny splash of jackal in her lithe form and slender muzzle.

She girl's ears pricked forward at the horse, and her nose twitched. After her encounter with the nameless colt, she had developed a great interest in horses, though she had never ridden. She resisted the urge to reach out and touch the velvety muzzle.

"Hello," Phoenix said, keeping her gaze slightly down, but feeling more comfortable now she had assumed this wasn't the strict, tell-me-what-you-want-or-get-out kind of situation. Still, she was careful with her response, not wanting to ruin her rather lucky encounter.

"I was actually... Well, if it's alright, anyway... Looking to possibly join a pack. I don't want to intrude, but I've found that maybe the life of a loner isn't for me, and I might want to give pack life a second chance." She gave a slight smile, thinking of the disadvantages of being completely alone in the winter. Small prey wasn't exactly as readily available, and she wasn't quite capable of hunting the larger prey all by herself.
[html]

(341)
YUS. Inferni's stables actually have a list of communal horses your character can use as a regular member. There's only the one mare right now, but she can be used by anyone. C: And sorry for the delay, I ended up having to take a magical trip into snowland. o____o

Her hands dangled loosely at her sides, and Myrika seemingly needed somewhere to put them; at first, she crossed her arms, but found this uncomfortable. Next, she placed each of them on one hip. This, too, proved uncomfortable, and so she dropped them to her sides once more, figuring they would find their own way to comfort, if one could be had. Eira stood behind her and began moseying around, her dark head tilted toward the ground to crop at the yellowing grass. It would be winter soon, and there would be no more grazing for the horses.

Myrika watched the newcomer curiously; she seemed to be giving Myri an air of respect. Those flame-colored eyes seemed fixated on the dirt; Myrika found this curious, never having commanded any sort of respect before in her life. The rusty canine was not the type to take advantage, however, and so she demanded no more and no less submission from this canine, finding it almost strangely awkward. Well, I sure can't say if you can join up with us here -- I don't have that kind of authority, she explained, shaking her head and still smiling brightly. Ezekiel or Sage would have to come by here and let you into Inferni, but if I can get some information out of you and maybe explain what Inferni's all about, it would make things go smoother. She rolled her shoulders in a shrug that became something of a stretch, and then clapped her hands together in front of her, the sound soft.

Almost forgot to introduce myself, she said, laughing and again shaking her head. Myrika Tears, she offered, her smile now growing more broad. Who are you? And -- I think I'm supposed to ask you this, anyway -- what can you do? she inquired, now her smile growing fainter, her presentation more business-like. The rust-hued canine was not entirely certain just how this was supposed to play out, but she hoped she was doing a decent job of it.

<style>
#sieSimple {
#sieSimple p {
#sieSimple .txtooc {
#sieSimple .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;}
#sieSimple b { letter-spacing:.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sieSimple b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#sieSimple b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]
It's all good :] I was almost gonna sneak out again but the guy I was gonna go see couldn't make it D: lol long story but my night was confusing so I didn't really consciously notice the delay and fell asleep before you replied anyway Tongue Where's snowland? :O it sounds like Narnia... o.O

wc: 408 <---- YAY my highest word count so far :3

The rusty-coated female seemed almost confused by Phoenix's show of submission. She supposed the girl probably wasn't at a leader's level, and her thoughts were confirmed when Myrika said she didn't have the authority. The ebony-pelted vixen caught a glimpse of the horse behind her, lowering her head and lipping around at the fading grass, her tail swishing and lightly whipping each flank back and forth. She smiled slightly, considering horses probably one of the most beautiful and flawless creatures to grace the barren earth.

The other female mentioned information, and Phoenix almost tensed, but she was nearly past that now and barely physically reacted. It used to be incredibly hard for her to speak of her old pack, but slowly she had grown out of that pain and had started to really not care about them anymore. It was still her initial response to feel horror at their mention, but it quickly faded as she realized it didn't actually hurt to remember them. Phoenix nodded, ready to share the information she had, not really sure whether or not it was to be helpful.

"I'm Phoenix," she said in response to Myrika's introduction. "I've been called Nyx before, too; it's shorter and easier to remember." The onyx female chuckled. It had only been a few times she had been given the nickname 'Nyx,' but she liked it because it was shorter and matched her coloration; from what she had heard, Nyx was a human goddess of night, and therefore fit with her inky night-colored pelt.

When the copper-tinted girl asked her of her abilities, she paused for a moment, thinking. What could she do that was useful? "Well," she started with a laugh, "I'm fast, I have quick reflexes, I know how to fight with a blade or throwing knives, I've pierced and tattooed before if that makes a difference." She paused again, and decided she should probably inform Myrika of her weaknesses as well; it's less impressive when you find those out through experience. "You should probably know that I have a really bad temper, which gets me nowhere but trouble in a fight... Also, I might be able to run fast, but once I'm going it's hard for me to stop on a dime. I've run into many a canine because of this, so in a way I'm kind of clumsy..."
[html]

(390)
Snowland was totally New Jersey last night. XD Hope you had a fun night even if it was confusing! o:

Myrika was a big fan of horses. She hadn't quite been raised around them, but Kharma had gotten them all horses when she was still young, and Eira was her first -- and only -- horse. She had never viewed them as prey animals, and actually found the idea abhorrent. How could one eat a horse? She knew it was probably a behavior other Luperci engaged in daily, but somehow, she didn't think the way this stranger gazed at Eira was a hungry sort of gaze. It seemed more appreciative, and a little part of Myrika beamed inwardly.

The russet woman nodded at the other woman's introduction, a small smile blossoming on her tawny muzzle. Nice to meet you, she mumured, bobbing her head up and down as she spoke. She herself didn't have a short name everyone referred to her by -- Myri was as close as it got, and not a lot of people called her that. The hybrid woman listened intently as the other woman spoke about her talents, nodding. The Praeses hadn't needed to answer those questions, but maybe Inferni gave privileges to Lykois. Myrika didn't think that was right, but she had to do her job, whether she agreed with it or not.

It sounds like you'd make a useful member, I do think, the coyote mused. I don't think you'll have a problem with temper -- I'm told there are a few hot-headed members here, though I've yet to meet any for myself, she added. There were supposedly canines in Inferni with a wicked sort of temperament within this very clan, but Myrika had yet to meet any of them. Alrighty. You're a coyote... right? she asked, squinting toward the other woman. Myrika wasn't very good with telling one species from another, but Nyx could have passed as a dark coyote to her. It was important to make sure she was.

Inferni's a coyote clan, you see... not wolves. They -- we -- don't let wolves in here, she said, gazing toward the stranger to gauge her reaction to this statement. She thought it would be an important piece of information for the newcomer to have; after all, if she was looking to live with wolves, she wouldn't find such a thing here.

<style>
#sieSimple {
#sieSimple p {
#sieSimple .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
Sounds like a party :3 haha and it was okay but a little scary... It was a recently infected bullet wound that kept him away :[ scary thought >.<

wc: 344

Nyx smiled at the evident bond between the coyote and the horse. She didn't consider horses equal predators to wolves and coyotes or obviously predators at all, but she couldn't imagine looking at one of the animals and formulating a hunting tactic. They just didn't fit in the prey category to her.

Nyx felt her cheeks grow warm under her obsidian fur, but knew the blush didn't show when Myrika mentioned no wolves. She coughed a little, suddenly nervous. "You mean... No wolves at all? Because I'm about half wolf, half coyote. A tiny bit of jackal because my mom's mom was a coyote-jackal crossbreed." She hoped that by just a coyote clan, the russet lady didn't mean exclusively-bred coyotes. She didn't mind too much, actually; she could always wander around and find a more misfit pack, though hopefully not so much so as her old pack.

The ink-pelted woman had the sudden urge to pace, but resisted it. She had always had a bad habit of pacing, especially when she was agitated or just bored. Right now she was slightly agitated, waiting for the russet coyote's response; she wasn't sure if she had been wrong in coming here or if she was freaking out over nothing, which bothered her still more.

Waiting, Nyx watched Eira pull up the grass with her lips. She had to laugh; horses' mouths, primarily their lips, were so funny. When she had spoken with the rogue colt, he had begun their conversation by checking her out with his nose and lips, sniffing her fur and wiggling his upper lip against her cheeks and neck, making her giggle and flinch and startling him.
[html]

(555)
I've edited "leader needed" into your topic title so they knows to come around. C: I hope your manfriend is okay, though. >_o Infections are never pleasant business...

Myrika's warm grin returned in full force at Nyx's question, her cerulean eyes dancing with amusement as she shook her head. She would not laugh at this newcomer, fearing it might make her feel unwelcome, but she could not help her amusement. To ban all hybrid blood here was to spit in the face of all its history, Myrika thought. She was hardly an expert, but she had discussed this clan's origins and its turbulent beginnings with the most knowledgeable source: the old woman who had grown so with Inferni.

No, of course not. Hybrids are allowed here, so long as they have coyote heritage to speak of, Myrika said, nodding. There was probably some cut-off point -- it would be silly to allow a wolf with a coyote ancestor ten generations ago into Inferni, though Myri didn't know how someone would be aware of ten generations of their own history: in her estimation, Luperci had only been around a few decades at best. Anything prior to the advent of shifting and the Optime form, anything before writing, really, was unsubstantiated at best.

I don't know what a jackal is, but I'm sure it's fine. You're coyote enough, I'd guess. I'm a hybrid, myself, and so are both leaders of the clan, she said, thinking on it. In fact, I don't rightly know if we have any pure coyotes, she added, one shoulder lifting in a brief, small shrug. It was of no consequence to her: Myrika didn't hate wolves. She was partly one, after all. She wouldn't have required any percentage of coyote heritage in order to join the clan, but Myrika was, after all, simply a scout; she was far from the Legatus rank and further still from Aquila.

I think that'll about do it, the rusty-hued woman said, satisfied with this knowledge. I'll call for a leader. One of them will show up and say whether you can join, I guess. The hybrid took a few short steps away from Nyx and lifted her head to call for Ezekiel or Sage. Her cry was distinctly coyote -- high in pitch and short, it ended in something almost like a bark. Eira snorted her apparent amusement at Myrika's noise, but merely swished her tail and continued to graze. She was too used to Luperci activity to be startled by it.

The business end of their transaction complete, Myri turned back toward the newcomer, smiling. I think you'll be fine, she reassured, though in truth the coyote had little idea of what the Legatus looked for in newcomers. This was, after all, her first turn at the borders. Perhaps she should have discussed scout's duties with the old woman; surely that would be more handy than old, long-buried history. Did you come a long way from wherever it is you're from? she inquired, politely enough -- the inquiry regarded the journey, though it was framed with an opening for the dark coyote to speak of her past, if she so wished; if not, that was fine, too. Myrika didn't go around telling everyone about little old Thornloe, after all -- no one wanted to listen to tales of childhood awkwardness in a sleepy little village.

<style>
#sieSimple {
#sieSimple p {
#sieSimple .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Yay for new people! <3

Sage was close when she heard Myrika's call. Large, dark ears swerved at the sound, and she grabbed Lennon's mane to turn him around. They'd been traveling at a trot, but the stallion was bulky and slowed to a walk to adjust his direction. He snorted as her legs squeezed around him, pointing him in the direction they'd just come from. Giving his a pat, she sympathized. They were both due for a nap. "It won't take long," she muttered to him in Low-speech before speeding off in Myri's direction.

When she arrived, Myrika was speaking with a young-looking dark colored female. The stranger's frame was smaller than a wolf's, but with that pelt she must have been a hybrid, too. Sage bowed her head in greeting as she neared, slowing Lennon's massive hoofsteps to a stop before scooting off of the bareback stallion. The horse moved over to Eira slowly, neck stretching to take deep breaths of her pregnant body. Why hello, Myrika, she called out in a friendly tone, greeting the russet woman with a smile. It wasn't long ago that they traveled to Ichika together, and Sage had found her company pleasant. Golden gaze flickered to the newcomer, whose black pelt threw her off with it's dyed bits. She couldn't help but notice her weapons, too. Good day, miss, she began, moving forward to shake the woman's hand. I'm Sage River Lykoi, Optio of Inferni. I hear you're looking to join us? Sage was thankful for new faces, and hoped that hers would be a good addition. If Myrika had approved her this far, the Optio could only assume she was worthy.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly22 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6eb2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #c3bfa1; }
.freebjuly22 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly22 {margin:0 auto; width:471px; background-color:#f0eabd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eJtVd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #817e66; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#817e66; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly22 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly22 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
yup yup Big Grin
+186 <--- awwww kinda pathetic...

Nyx sighed with relief at Myrika's news. It made more sense now that she thought about it; why would a pack or clan be exclusively one breed unless they had been together for uncountable generations and inbred enough to have bred out the hybrid blood? Even that didn't really make sense, but it made even less sense to, when a pack was only a few generations old, try to keep the population exclusively coyote.

The ink-coated woman smiled as Myrika let out the call, and was again pleasantly surprised as yet another horse emerged from the Inferni territory. She was sorely tempted to reach out and touch the beautiful animals, but she knew better; it was probably rude, and would require crossing the territory border completely, before she had been accepted or even gotten permission.

Nyx politely took the other woman's hand, grip firm enough to assert that she was not weak, but far from enough to say that she was disrespectful and challenging. She nodded, keeping her gaze averted from making direct eye contact. "Yes'm," she said. "I'm Phoenix, or Nyx."
[html]

(318)

The rust-hued woman was content to wait for Sage or Ezekiel. She wondered which would show up. Both were her cousins, or so she thought: the tawny-hued coyote wasn't quite sure what to make of all these familial relationships, and just how she tied into it all. Maybe someday she would feel like they were really one big happy family, but for right now, the tawny hybrid was, most certainly, left on the outside.

It was not too long at all before Sage and her horse, a big cream-colored thing that seemed to dwarf the smaller blue roan mare. Eira was unperturbed by the stallion's presence; she preferred Viggo, it seemed, but she was generally even-tempered where it came to other equines. The roan horse lifted her nose and inhaled the other horse's scent, taking a few cautious steps toward Lennon. Hi, Sage, Myri responded, falling silent to allow the pair to get to know one another. Her cerulean eyes bounced from Sage to Nyx as one then the other spoke, and Myrika figured she could put in now, after all.

She says she's good with a blade, and she knows how to tattoo and pierece. She's quick, too, with good reflexes -- though I didn't test her on any of that, of course, the Praeses said, grinning broadly. Her rusty tail swished slowly back and forth in amusement, and she nodded. That's about it. I think she'd make a good Inferni member, but it isn't my place to say, the hybrid said, smiling reassuringly at Nyx. Sage was probably the more easy-going of the Legatus ranks; Myri didn't know Ezekiel well at all yet, and she was rather intimidated by him. She might not have spoken at all if their golden-hued Aquila had been the one to come by, rather than Sage.

<style>
#sieSimple {
#sieSimple p {
#sieSimple .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry this post sucks, i think i'm getting sick! D: gunna accept you now!

The woman before her certainly looked as though she would fit in. Her frame was petite, much like Sage's own, and the Optio smiled approvingly as she noticed her tattoos and piercings. Myrika mentioned that the young girl knew those skills, and Sage perked up at the mention. Phoenix seemed to carry many good traits according to her russet companion. Sage nodded heartily again, impressed with her knowledge. It was hard for Sage to turn anyone away at all, so long as they were friendly enough and willing. The Optio knew that this girl could learn plenty from their members; at such a young age, she was sure to catch on quickly.

Excellent, excellent! I've been thinking I might want my ears pierced... she mentioned, feeling one large ear with a smile. Don't be silly, Myrika! Your opinion matters plenty; it's better if we all get along, isn't it? She didn't really expect an answer as she turned her golden gaze back to Phoenix, giving her one last look before she decided that Myrika's information had been sufficient enough. I'd love to welcome you to Inferni, Phoenix, she said, beckoning the dark girl to follow her across the borders, through the land. "You'll meet Ezekiel, our Aquila, soon enough. I'm sure you'll find some of our members seeking out your skills soon, too," she encouraged, letting Lennon follow her without reins. I'll show you to the Mansion.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly22 b {font-weight:bold; color:#6eb2b8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #c3bfa1; }
.freebjuly22 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly22 {margin:0 auto; width:471px; background-color:#f0eabd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/eJtVd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #817e66; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#817e66; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly22 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly22 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
Welcome to InferniRANKS · SITE · WIKI · NEWS

As a new member, why not:

quare;">[*]Create some AW (all welcome) threads in our territory and meet some of your fellow clan members. Alternatively, you can join another member's AW thread (open threads are found here) or request for some private threads for plot purposes in our thread request forum.[*]Add your character to our member list. To do this, please post your character's information in this thread, using the form provided in the first post. NPC characters and NPC open characters of Inferni can be added as well, and will be displayed in their special sections of the list.[*]Check out our pack game and start earning points! The game is a great way to get fancy titles and icons for your character.[*]Take a look at the thread prompts. Every month, Inferni puts up three thread prompts, intended to promote activity and get Inferni members to know each other better both in and out of character. The list of current thread prompts can be found at the bottom of our Inferni Information Portal, as well as beneath the prizes on our game page.[/LIST]

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!

O noes D: I got an error message when I tried to post mah member info Tongue oh well anyway shmanks you Big Grin there was something I was gonna ask... O.o forgot what it was lol.

wc:212

Phoenix laughed, returning Myrika's smile. She was happy; she only had to wait now (and work hard to be accepted, of course) to prove herself wrong that all packs were the same as her old. Those thoughts had, however, faded since had left her old pack, but she still worried deep down that nothing would change. Hopes were lighting as she spoke, though, and she smiled.

"I'll gladly pierce your ears for you," she chuckled. "I did some of mine, in a mirror of course; the ring at each base were done by my parents when I was two months old." She vaguely remembered the event, but it was not clear enough to remember much of the reason it had been done. She assumed she had asked for it as a very young pup, having greatly admired her parents' modifications and accessories.

The ink-pelted girl stepped over the border carefully, following Sage. Her ears pricked with excitement at the mention of the mansion; it sounded like all of the pack members lived together somewhat as a family, but she wasn't sure. She liked the idea, though, and hoped that this place would be better than her old pack. She didn't want to have to go through self-exile, again.
[html]

(307)
No worries. o: You can PM either Bobbi or me (on my primary account, please <3) if you remember your question. c; Gonna have Myri split off after this! <3

Thanks, Sage, she said, the tip of her tail wavering in genuine appreciation. Myrika did like Sage, and she felt bad about having to watch over her during their northward excursion. The russet coyote still did not fully understand the trust Ezekiel had placed in her. Then again, perhaps he had been in a rough spot. Valky had seemed exhausted during their northward trek; still, Valkyrie shared a surname with Ezekiel, surely this made her as much family as it made Myrika? The russet coyote had contemplated this many hours, but she still had not figured it out. Perhaps she never would -- it was fun to puzzle over, in any case.

Myrika, too, had contemplated more earrings -- bigger earrings, flashier earrings, dying and cropping her mane in odd ways, and all other manner of distracting other canines from her tall frame, too skinny and too gangly. Myrika no longer possessed the gangly awkwardness of a teenager, but she certainly had the self-deprecation. She feared drawing too much attention to her large ears and small snout, however, and remained quiet, only nodding a brief approval to no one in particular.

I think I'll keep checking out the border, she said, heading toward Eira. Nice meeting you, Nyx. Nice seeing you, Sage, she called. The hybrid pulled herself into Eira's saddle, and the horse began to move almost at once, though Myrika shot a few glances backwards toward the quickly disappearing pair. She thought and hoped that she had done a good job of her duty. She was a scout, after all -- Sage hadn't said anything negative, and Nyx had seemed comfortable throughout most of the process. Myri contemplated these things as she rode along, allowing the horse to pick her own way about the border, correcting her only when they drifted far off course.

<style>
#sieSimple {
#sieSimple p {
#sieSimple .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]