Wild at the Heart
[html]
OOC: Big Grin

WC:300+

The fort was starting to become more homely. Although just days ago he was wondering what he was going to do with himself, Jazper now settled into a morning routine. They had been blessed to find a home filled with untouched natural growth and it was relaxing to simply wander their new home. There was much to explore and he still hadn’t seen the inside of every building. Some of the houses were clearly useless to them as they had been overgrown and begun to rot. Already the small group has begun working on taking apart theses buildings and removing nails, windows, and any useful things they could find before they were to be burned.

For the mornings Jazper allowed himself time to wake up, to stretch and take a walk around the fort. Anann and Dixie had quickly informed him that the horses were not to stay in a contained space, as he had planned, but were to be allowed free roam of the entire Fort. Although the Knight disagreed with the concept, as he hated the thought of allowing beasts he could eat to wander around eating his grass while he worked the day away. Mostly though, he did not like walking around a building only to be startled half to death by a large horse walking towards him.

So far as he could tell there was an abundance of resources available to them within the walls. A river flowed through grates in the walls in a beautiful lightly treed area behind the Courthouse and there was tall grass everywhere, though the horses would soon take care of that. Walking beside the Courthouse his golden eyes caught sight of Rurik watching the horses graze in on of the fields, an odd sight considering Rem has nearly run the guy over in their first meeting. Walking up to him on two legs he greeted him with a smile, “Don’t stare too much or they might charge you again.” A gentle and deep chuckle filled the alpha’s chest remembering the look on his packmate’s face.

[/html]
[html]

OOC Here!/560 words

The feeling of being a part of a pack was new for Rurik, who was used to the life of a loner, moving from place to place. Just being in one location for too long was different for him, much less being around other wolves. Although they weren't always around him all the time, he could still tell he wasn't alone: foot print that weren't his on the ground, different scents that would catch his nose at odd times, over hearing muffled conversation as he went around a corner. It wasn't anything large or complicated to get used to, but it still felt different for him.

On top of being a different experience for him, and one that he would need to get accustomed to quickly, it was a lot of work. Quiet a few of the houses were ruined and rotting, over grown with vegetation, and fallen into disrepair, and it had been his and his other pack mates jobs to fix what they could, clean where needed, and tear down what they couldn't use so they could burn it later, which was what Rurik was looking forward to.

Rurik knew that there were things that still needed to be done, but he woke up that morning with a lazy streak a mile long, so he decided to wander instead. He explored the wall for a while, looking it up and down for imperfections or weaknesses. He wasn't an expert on walls or buildings so he wouldn't notice anything small, but he figured he would notice something glaringly obvious like a hole. He continued walking, his mind wandering a bit to what his future might hold now, where this pack would take him and what kinds of things he would experience that he wouldn't normally as a loner.

Before long he came to a field of tall grasses, taller than most of the grass in the rest of the fort. He didn't notice it at first but after a few seconds he saw several horses grazing in the field, and almost instantly he noticed Rem. He soft growl emanated from his throat at the sight of the beast; the horse that had nearly trampled him when he had first met Jazper and Anann. What he would give to get a little pay back on the animal, and by a little pay back of course he meant eat it like any normal wold would. He stood there for a while, mulling over why wolves chose to ride horses than use their own legs, when he heard someone next to him coming threw the grass. He glanced over and saw Jazper, the pack leader, smiling at him. Rurik returned the smile and gave a slight nod of his head.

When Jazper mentioned his past experience with Rem, jokingly, Rurik chuckled a bit too, but it was a bit darker than Jazpers. "Haha, very funny." He said jokingly. "I hadn't been expecting the thing to charge me the first time, that's all." He watched the beasts graze for a few seconds longer before speaking up again. "I don't know how they can stand to ride those things...do you?" He asked, glancing over at Jazper. He wasn't entirely sure of the male's view on horses, but there wasn't much else to talk about, so he figured he would give it a shot.

<style>
.rurikk .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent:7px; font-size:10px;}
.rurikk p {padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent: 10px; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk b {color:#3399FF; font-size: 12px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #42f0a0;}
.rurikk i {color:#6D6D6D; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... s/moon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 400px; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:

WC:300+

The image of the loner running from Rem was still enough to cheer up the leader, even with his down in the dumps ways. It wasn’t in Jazper’s nature to be mean or grumpy, normally he was a very upbeat and caring male but he still missed Ghita with all of his heart and nothing could stop him from thinking about her in the back of his mind. He had loved her since the first time he laid eyes on her; she was his partner and his opposite in every way, yet she completed him. Now he would have to depend on his duties to keep his mind busy. There was too much to be done to dwell on his personal pain. The ex-loner’s question allowed the thoughts to stop and his mind to focus on the horses.

Shrugging he huffed a little, the cool air barley showing his breath. “Anann likes them well enough and who am I to tell her she can’t keep Rem. Same with Dixie and Wayne” He understood the value of a horse but never liked them very much. Although he preferred to avoid the beasts they were useful for war and transportation. “I’d prefer to only see a horse during a hunt but they’re alright I suppose. Good for combat and moving around things.” Looking over at the smaller man he added, “I suppose over time you can get attached to just about anything with a personality. When I was little I thought about keeping a bird as a pet but I never got around to it.” A lot of Luperci kept pets now, for help or for entertainment. It was becoming more and more common for a wolf to ride a horse it seemed and Jazper refused to allow his pack to fall behind due to his own prejudices.

[/html]
[html]

Jazper hasn't told anyone/Rurik that he was in a pack already has he? O_o I can't remember if he has or not, lol./366 words

Rurik watched the horses prance around as he listened to Jazper, his new leader. he was still trying to get used to the idea of being in a pack, having others to rely on and to be relied on as well. It was a new feeling for him, seeing as he had been a loner his entire life. He didn't even know everyone in the pack's name. He knew Jazper, Anann, Dixie, and Wayne, but the others were a mystery to him. Then another thought occurred to him: out of those that he knew, not even counting those he didn't, he didn't think he could call one of them 'friend'. Sure, they were his packmates and they would (probably) help him if he needed it, and he the same for them, but that didn't make them friends. He felt a familiar feeling of loneliness begin to creep up on him, and it was worse since he wasn't technically alone any more. He pushed the feeling away to be dealt with later.

He glanced over at Jazper and then back to the horses. "I've never had a pet, never thought about trying to get one either. I've had a hard enough time trying to survive by myself without having to worry about something else to feed." He sighed a bit and laid back in the grass to look up at the early morning sky. "I suppose they have their uses....I wonder if Anann would get mad if Rem suddenly went 'missing'." A faint smile crosses his lips at his own joke. He wondered if Jazper would get it; he was wondering if Anann would get mad if he ate Rem. He still felt that he owed the horse some kind of pay back, even if it was more or less because of it that he ended up here. He watched as a flock of birds flew over his head and asked, "So where did you come from? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you weren't a loner..." Normally he wasn't one for small talk, or talking period, but he would like to get to know his leader at least a little bit.

<style>
.rurikk .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent:7px; font-size:10px;}
.rurikk p {padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-indent: 10px; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk b {color:#3399FF; font-size: 12px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #42f0a0;}
.rurikk i {color:#6D6D6D; font-size:11px;}
.rurikk {background-image:url(http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... s/moon.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; width: 400px; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC:

WC:500+

It was strange still to stand beside another and know that he was in charge of the other. Although he took on the title of Sole, Jazper was not one to flaunt around power, preferring to do what he had always done and simply talk. It was not in his plan to rule Casa di Cavalieri with an iron fist and strict rules. No, this was a place for growth, for learning. Even the loners would learn eventually and over time their pack would become it’s own, Maybe it was a baby now bust someday others would know the name of Casa and respect their members. It was their hope that they would not need to be peacekeepers any time soon; it was too early for them to go off to battle. Until they gained enough members they would simply have to be a refuge for those that needed it and mediators for packs.

The warrior nodded at Rurik’s mention of survival. It was difficult to imagine having to take care of just yourself as he had been in a pack for his entire life. Even when he was little with just his other and father he had been to young to understand that they were loners. “Must have been hard.” He sympathized, “No need to worry now though. I’ve got your back.” His soft Scottish tone was reassuring in a way. At the mention of one of Rem going missing Jazper chuckled a deep laugh, “I think she’d hunt you down Rurik, best go for one of the unclaimed ones. No one will miss them.” A daring smile crept onto the leaders face. Of course he hoped the brown toned male wouldn’t take him seriously, as Anann would surly kill them both, but it was good for a laugh.

The question caught him off guard; he hadn’t been expecting the quiet male to ask about his old life. Shifting his paws in the dirt it was clear that the male had struck a sore chord for the leader, “Nah, I use to live in Crimson Dreams, to the south. Lived there since I was a young pup with my adoptive parents. It was a great place to live; I had a mate there, two litters with her. Ghita Marino, she was a beautiful wolfess, sister of my old alpha” Stopping he stared out at the horses. She would’ve like it here if she had come but he had to put her in the past sometime. He had probably confused the poor ex-loner by now. “She was quite angry with me for wanting to leave Crimson Dreams. I helped her learn English, learn to shift. I saved her life.” The grudge was clear in his words, “Yet she couldn’t find it in her heart to help me.” The conversation had clearly taken a turn for the worse. Sighing the giant wolf shook out his fur, “It’s in the past.” Although the words came out they weren’t true. Ghita was still very much so a part of Jazper and every morning he wished he would wake up to see her sleeping silently beside him.

[/html]