Wanderlust
Taliesin Dir Rhiannon was done with being stuck in the house all the time, he was done, period. The boy unlocked the window, as he had done several times, went out, then jumped from one window covering to another, to another, to the ground. He loved being good at jumping; Noah couldn't get out like that! Soon he was running, running though the yard into the woods. He was going to leave this place, the place where his mother was hated, and where he knew that he would always come second to his brother. Well, there HAD to be better things in the world, and he intended to find them!

Tal walked boldly out of the yard and into the woods, he knew how to hunt, and he knew what to drink, and he was strong enough to walk. He would be fine! What's the worst that could happen? Happily he made his way into the world, to discover and explore. He knew that he wouldn't miss the pack of Twilight Vale, they weren't really his family anyways... or at least, not most of them. Mum would always be family...

Suddenly he missed the pale lady, his mother, mum... Where had she gone? Could he find her? The questions rattled in his puppy mind as he walked away from the life he had known. This promised to be a difficult adventure, full of bears, and coyotes -whatever they were. Suddenly Taliesin wasn't sure if he was ready yet, but the boy held firm, or rather, he kept moving along. He made up his mind there and then that he would never belong to the Twilight Vale pack, to the people who hurt his mum... Little did he know that he wouldn't even see that land again for years and years to come, or what would happen when he did find his way back there.
[html]
-steals- And I'll swoop down and take care of your extra post as soon as I get into Nani's account ^^

He knew that wolves here would be mad at him...but he didn't care. He would show all of them that he was big enough to be making his own decisions. He had moved in with his dad and they shared a large den in Shadowed Sun now. A few wolves had come looking for him, his grandmothers Deuce and Iskata, and he'd even met his great grandmother while he was away. What an adventure.

He wasn't here to stay, but the boy was curious about how his uncles were doing, and about how Apollo was. His brother didn't usually go many places without Sirius or Naniko there with him...he was probably staying inside the house. Apollo was sort of a wimp, in Sirius' eyes.

The young pup crossed the borders without stopping, heading into familiar territory. He hadn't been born here...he'd been born in the old lands. But this place had been his first home, and he still loved it a lot.

The young male stopped when he heard movement nearby, his green eyes inquisitive. Who was it? "Hewoooo?"

[/html]
What was that? the pup immediately wondered, it certainly didn't sound somebody that he knew! Coming out to see the newcomer Tal presented himself tail high, ears pricked with the grandest air of confidence, and upon seeing that it was a pup he only increased his dominant stance. "Who entaar tha land of Ta'iesin Dir R'annon?" he asked with a hyperbole of arrogant overbearing. He wasn't really that egotistical, but he figured, why not? He could always pretend to be! That's what everyone else did when a newcomer arrived, so it was only proper!

He did feel a bit bad about the act though, it seemed so rude; he suddenly wondered why the adults did that. Why was always on his mind, and he wished he had more answers, but he simply didn't. Maybe someday he would! He invisioned being able to read, and going to a huge building with more books that he could ever read, and learning everything he could possibly imagine. He would do it someday, and he would travel, and see the world! He quickly lost himself in thoughts of books and travel and forgot about the pup in front of him. The boy's tail sagged to a comfortable place, and he sat, just daydreaming.
[html]

He hadn't been gone for that long...had his uncle really forgotten him? Sirius' ears went down a little at the thought. When he heard his relative's words his ears went back up, though. Who's lands? These were aunt Naniko's lands! and Uncle Conri. Sirius had lived here since he was a baby, and he figured he was welcomed back any time. "Whasss you tawking abowt?"

"Deese is not your lands! Deese is Nani's lands!!" He finally caught sight of Taliesin and he growled a little, fur raising.

[/html]
"Siri!" Tal declared with a yip as the scent reached his nose, how could he have not recognized his nephew?!? The suddenly happy pup tackled Sirius playfully wagging his tail happily. When Sirius had left Tal had been a bit disappointed, but it affected him less than anybody else; he didn't have much attachment to anybody, or anything, except maybe his mum.
He wasn't sure why he felt so close to Deuce, or why he didn't feel close to anybody else. Even Noah felt like a distant relative, a cousin that one sees on occasion but isn't close to. He had all the wirings to be a wanderer, and the wanderlust had already struck. He was ready to travel, to leave everybody behind and to see the world. It was an odd sensation to want to leave home, most always wanted to come home, but he wanted the road to be his home, he wanted to be his own leader.
"Where 'ou been?" Tal decided to ask Sirius, more out of curiosity than a real desire to know, or caring. Curiosity was one of the other reasons why Taliesin Dir Rhiannon was ready to travel. He was curious to see and know everything that there was, but a pack life was simply too limited. He needed, yes, he NEEDED to leave! Every thought came back around to this, and he knew that this was the right decision.
[html]

Haha! His uncle couldn't trick him! Sirius grinned, proud of himself for standing up to his older relative. Most of the time, Taliesin got the better of him--Tali was bigger and stronger than he was, by far. Sirius was glad to see him, though--it felt like a long time since he'd been in Twilight Vale, instead of just a few days. "Whewe's I been? I was...away! I's not a member of da pack no more--I lives with my daddy now." Tali had it lucky...his dad lived here! Sirius had to go to Shadowed Sun to see his.

"Daddy takes real good care of me." He looked around at the lands surrounding them--the border. "Whas you doin way out here, Tali?"

[/html]
Taliesin looked sheepishly at the ground and replied in a some what sorrowful voice "I wa' runni' away..." He knew that doing so was wrong, but... he wanted to do it, and he knew that he would make it on his own just fine. He had always been an independent sort, but it was continuously intensifying; nothing could bind him, at least not for long. Yet, he wouldn't at all mind staying if his mum could stay. He would stay anywhere is she stayed there...

It seemed so odd to him that he should be so attached to his mother, few pups were, even is nephew favored his father over the mother. What made Tal so different? Maybe it was the fact that Deuce was always loving, and caring, but Lucifer wasn't... or that the rest of the pack kept him from his mother... he had no way of knowing, but he would ponder it.

Suddenly a notion struck the boy, and he grinned wickedly. "I cuu' go home wiff you!" the young Rhiannon declared with a yip, albeit a soft yip. He still didn't want to be found, and if he was too loud Naniko, or Jaz or somebody would find him. Needless to say, being found was not on his list of things to be done.
[html]

He was easily distracted; a butterfly flew past his ear and he looked at it, mouth agape. How did it fly that high? How could it float on the air? He didn't understand it at all. Sirius couldn't foat in the air...just sometimes in water. But he really, really didn't like it. Being in water. He always felt like it was trying to pull him under.

"Why does you want to wun away? You has a mommy..and a daddy here!" Deuce hadn't left, but they weren't allowed to see her...so Sirius could see where his uncle might be upset. "I missed Gamma Deuce..but I see'd her at da's house! I can see her whenever i want, da said." He agreed with Tali's idea--why not come with Sirius? "I know da way to Shadowed Sun!"

[/html]
Taliesin hastily agreed and wagged his tail in excitement, this was going to be much better than running away! The question of why he chose to ignore, he really didn't want to have to explain why he wanted to, or what had happened; he barely understood what had happened for himself! It was still a somewhat sad thing, leaving the only life he had known behind, but a pup had to do what a pup had to do. Mentally he said goodbye to them all since he couldn't do it himself, and he face the new path before him.
Tal told Siri to lead the way and stood for a moment letting it all wash over him; leaving home really was a tough thing for a puppy! If only he had his mum... His eyes started to water just a bit, but he ignored it, this was his moment... With the first step following his cousin he truly, and finally said goodbye to Twilight Vale; only time could know if he would ever come back.