fate itself
[html]
bordercolor="#000000" bordercolorlight="#000000" bordercolordark="#000000">

Joining. P for Mel. :O Also, I am so rusty it is disgusting.

Tedros was old. God, he was so old. He could feel the ache in his bones, his tired body. The

scents all around him were consuming him with his childhood, and it was almost too much. He sat

outside Inferni territory, and let everything wash back over him. It was so weird, for this place to

smell so familiar, and yet at the same time, be so different. It was Inferni, through and through,

but yet he couldn’t smell his friends, or more importantly, his family.

Not that he really felt entitled to call them that anymore. He hadn’t seen any of them since

he was two years old. Not his beloved sister Nyika, not his father, and certainly not his mother.

Coming back here, he had thought, or maybe hoped, that things hadn’t changed. That he would

come home to Nyika’s laughter, or his father’s smile. But he shouldn’t have been so naive. He

hadn’t stuck around; why would they?

It had been four long years since he left. At the beginning, it was hard not to think about

Atlas. Ted had just left him, just like that, so that he could start a new life, spend time on his own.

Eventually, Tedros found Cain, and the two fell in love instantly, erasing most thoughts of his

former love. He spent three years with Cain and his pack, until last month.

Tedros’ red-hued eyes shut for a moment as he fell back into his (more recent) nostalgia. Cain

had a terminal illness. The apothecary in the tribe tried everything, but it never helped. Ted had

held him through his last few days, until he was gone. And after that, Tedros couldn’t stay there

anymore. It was too hard. And so he left.

But he really didn’t know how he ended up here. What stroke of fate would have led him back

to Inferni again - especially in different lands.

[/html]
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Word Count »

Autumn was swiftly racing towards the bitter cold of winter, and Ezekiel sensed this in the way of all wild things. He stood on a rise, nose to the air, and took in the wind. They would have enough time to ensure some sort of preparation, but he doubted they needed much. Winter meant prey was easier to hunt, easier to kill. They would not starve as their ungulate meals did, but he worried for the horses. Foragers as they were, it would be necessary to procure some sort of grain to keep them fat during the cold months to come.

He knew the scents of this land well now, and could identify locations from them. Fire often came from the south, near the Mansion. The caves were close enough to the sea to smell of salt, as did most areas near the coast. North was made up of stronger, woodier scents as well as those of the mountain. Most of the coyotes within Inferni had scents he recognized now, as they all eventually came to share the smoky, salty stink of the clan.

So when he caught a peculiar, but familiar, scent on the wind Ezekiel headed towards it. His lope was an easy one, carried by his large feet and hybrid form. For as much wolf within him as there was, his pace was decidedly that of a coyote. As he rounded another rise, he spotted the stranger and slowed for an instant. Vague, fluttering memories were recalled as he approached with a single coyote-voiced yip.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Big Grin!

The red-hued coyote's eyes opened slightly as a gust of winter wind ran through him. A grin formed on his old maw, taking in the simple pleasures of nature around him. It was certainly a unique new land that Inferni had claimed, and he had to chuckle at the decorations of wolf skulls peering down at him. Last Tedros remembered, Kaena Lykoi was in charge, and he couldn't help but wonder who had taken over since then. Certainly Kaena couldn't still be a leader – she was at least three years older than six-year-old Ted.

A noise from behind the border attracted his eyes, his gaze falling upon a definitively-hybrid canine coming towards him. Although most of the time, Tedros found himself in optime form, he preferred to be unshifted when he traveled. In his natural state, this other younger half-coyote was much bigger than he was.

There was no sense of entitlement here, Tedros could not expect this Inferni member to recognize someone who had left over four years ago. His ears went down slightly, and he fell into a slightly submissive position. The naturally-small six-year-old coyote wasn't too worried that the approaching male would find him much of a threat.

Tedros' nostrils were filled with the Inferni member's scent as a gust of wind pushed towards him, and it smelled so damn familiar. He couldn't help but ask. “Did Inferni fall to the hands of the de le Poers?” Flashes of his first sweetheart Rikka de le Poer flashed before him.

[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

Assume he's in whatever form Tedros is in. Smile Also, how red are his fur and eyes? Word Count »

There were words, and Ezekiel stilled. He was literate and recognized that the terminology was not, perhaps, intended to be rude. Still, it sounded as if this man had encountered his family before, and did not think highly of them. The Aquila’s golden eyes (his father’s eyes—Kaena’s eyes) focused on the older man. This was how old his father was, and the red-dipped hybrid did not negate that he was far from the twilight years as his grandmother was not.

“They were passed to them,” he rephrased, smiling a plastic smile that did not meet the hawkish intensity in his eyes. “I am Ezekiel de le Poer, though I claim right to both Lykoi and Massacre heritage. You seem to know us,” he added, showing one tooth in a half warning. “I take it you’re a former member…?” Who else would know Inferni, let alone that it had been run by others who did not claim his father’s line.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He's just a little redder than the normal red-coated coyote. Nothing weirdddd. His eyes are a dull red almost maroon. And he's not shifted at the moment.

Tedros hadn't meant anything too negative in his phrasing of his question. Rikka had been one of his closest friends before their falling out, and he never even had too much against the more violent-prone Kaena Lykoi. It was purely the fact that he couldn't fathom another family taking his father's place as leader. Most of his memories were from that era, and it just seemed strange without him.

A few years ago he would have been more concerned with his submissive state – especially after his previous question – but he simply looked to the ground. Ezekiel de le Poer was his name, but Tedros was pretty sure he was next generation. Rikka he remembered. Gabriel, too, but no “Ezekiel.” The kid sure had some impressive bloodline, but the name Massacre was unfamiliar to him. The young de le Poer asked the question Tedros had been fishing for, and so he took the bait.

“I am,” he answered softly, letting his eyes rise again before continuing. “I'm Tedros Talik of the Mogotsi line.” He thought about explaining when he left, but figured it wasn't that important anyway. He was back now. There were so many questions running through his head and he wanted to ask them all, but he waited patiently instead. It wasn't his place, not yet.

[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

Gift! Word Count »

This man was, as Ezekiel had guessed, a former member. What he had not guessed was that this man was not some stranger—he shared the same surname as his mother. The shock on his face was apparent; yellow eyes widened, scars pushing away from his face. As quickly as this came he recognized the mistake and calmed himself, black tipped tail flicking once behind him.

“My mother used that name.” It was less difficult to talk about her than it was to speak of Gabriel. The wounds left by his mother were old, healed, and he did not think of her much anymore. “Her name was Faolin Mogotsi, though she belongs to the Massacre line.” Another question itched under his tongue, but he swallowed it down. There would be time later to see whether or not he truly wished to learn about the mother whom he considered a traitor. “Are you here to stay or…?” He trailed off, unsure as to whom this man might be looking for.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thank you, it's great! Smile I need to get around to drawing up my own avatar at some point. Tongue

His new companion seemed taken by surprise by his father's last name, and for a split second he wondered if something great had become of Segodi. Of course, this idea was ultimately squashed by the next few words that came out of Ezekiel's mouth. His mother was a Mogotsi. Faolin Mogotsi, his adopted sister. Tedros couldn't remember the last time he had heard her name, but so many memories flooded back at once.

"I would like to stay, yes," he said, still mulling over the previous sentence. What did that make Ezekiel? His adopted nephew? A chill ran down his spine as he realized just how much family he left behind when he left. "I knew your mother. I remember teaching her how to shift." His voice trailed off, stopping himself from seeming to be too stuck in the past. Plus, Tedros ultimately knew nothing about her anymore, or her relationship with her child before him.

"Who's in charge around here nowadays? Gabriel?"

[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

We can continue after this, but feel free to start other threads now :> Word Count »

The stranger (though he was some odd sort of family now, even if not by blood) spoke of his mother. Ezekiel subconsciously stiffened. What he recalled was tainted by her last appearance, and her nonchalance at the way she had ultimately abandoned them all. He blamed her in a way that his father could not, for it was the betrayal of a child and not that of a man. It stung yet, bitterly, and he wished that she might have died long before and left his memories of her happy ones.

So he focused, instead, on the question asked. “I am,”“My father left several months ago.” Short, to the point. He had little desire for their talks to turn back to his mother so soon. Not yet, while the very real wound left by his sister remained. “If you want to rejoin, I have no problem with that. I’m sure you’re capable enough.” After all, he had survived as a loner for who knew how long. “Most of the clan lives either in the caves by the sea, or just east of that, in the mansion. You may choose which one you prefer.” Another plastic smile, recalling someone whom might truly spark memories for this red-stranger. “My grandmother lives in the mansion, if you might wish to speak with her. I don’t know if Kaena was around during your time, but…” He shrugged.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to InferniRANKS · SITE · WIKI · NEWS

As a new member, why not:

quare;">[*]Create some AW (all welcome) threads in our territory and meet some of your fellow clan members. Alternatively, you can join another member's AW thread (open threads are found here) or request for some private threads for plot purposes in our thread request forum.[*]Add your character to our member list. To do this, please post your character's information in this thread, using the form provided in the first post. NPC characters and NPC open characters of Inferni can be added as well, and will be displayed in their special sections of the list.[*]Check out our pack game and start earning points! The game is a great way to get fancy titles and icons for your character.[*]Take a look at the thread prompts. Every month, Inferni puts up three thread prompts, intended to promote activity and get Inferni members to know each other better both in and out of character. The list of current thread prompts can be found at the bottom of our Inferni Information Portal, as well as beneath the prizes on our game page.[/LIST]

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!

[html]

Yay! Big Grin How would I go about claiming a room in the mansion? :O Also, I don't have permission to view the "this thread" to add Teddy to the member list.

WORD COUNT → 338

Tedros was a bit taken aback when Ezekiel announced that he was, in fact, the leader. Sure, at his previous pack, the leader was a little younger than Ted, but it was just weird to think that the next generation was already taking over. He smiled a little apologetically, sorry that he hadn’t been a little more submissive. Ezekiel’s parents were Gabriel and Faolin – what an odd, yet somewhat appropriate, pairing. Tedros couldn’t help but remember good memories with them both, realizing that his new leader was their byproduct.

The muscles under his skin relaxed slightly once the de le Poer said he could be a part of Inferni. He remarked of Ted’s capability, and that was true, for the most part. Gabriel de le Poer had helped him learn how to use a bow for the first time before Tedros departed, and it was one of the few things that he had taken with him. Unfortunately, he was arriving back at Inferni empty-handed, and he felt naked without his bow. He needed to make one soon.

The mansion sounded nice. A human place. God, this territory was so different than the last Inferni home. For a moment he wanted to ask why they had left, but when Ezekiel continued on, he figured that would be a question for later.

It wasn’t really a surprise that Kaena was still here. She was a reluctant old soul. The red coyote wasn’t sure if she’d welcome him with open arms or shun him for leaving. He couldn’t really know either way until he saw her again. “Yes, Kaena was around. She took my father’s place as leader after he left. Is anyone else still here from your parents’ generation?” Tedros paused for a moment, trying to remember other coyotes he had known in his time. “Your father’s sister, Rikka?” he asked, her name rolling of his tongue harshly. “… Or your mother’s brother, Hybrid? Esi Mogotsi?” He stopped, then looked Ezekiel in the eyes before uttering her name. “Nyika Mogotsi?”

[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

PM the Inferni account (or tell me here) about room claims. And yeah, we're reworking how we do our membership information so that topic was deleted. ^^ Keep your eyes open for the new one though. Word Count »

Ezekiel expected little submissiveness from his members, for his blood was far more coyote-based than that of his father. For this reason, he overlooked whatever mistake may have been committed—he recognized the difference between wolves and coyotes in the base nature and did not expect his clan to deign to wolfish behavior. They were hybrids, yes, but at heart Inferni was based around coyote ideals. One day, he hoped that they would see more coyote blood linger.

The questions were met with another plastic smile. “Hybrid remains, though he’s…well, he’s mad.” Blunt, as always. He didn’t think there was a nice way to explain his uncle better than that. “There have been no Mogotsi’s since my mother left, and I haven’t seen any of my father’s siblings in years. Kaena could tell you more, though—she lives in the Mansion these days.” Ezekiel hadn’t understood the truth of the matter, really, and imagined she had chosen such a fate. She was ancient, after all. “Head in that direction,” he gestured, red hand motioning eastward. “You’ll find it soon enough.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

If teddy could claim first floor BW05, that'd be sweet. And I figure this could be the last or second to last post?

WORD COUNT → 210

The red-hued coyote had spent the last few years in a pack with a majority of wolves, so submission had been key. He had been relatively high in the ranks when he left, so at the end there wasn’t too much submissive behavior, but it was still enough to be recognized. He had forgotten about the coyote way, yet he was definitely glad to be back.

He was interested to hear about Hybrid. Mad, Ezekiel said he was. This was no surprise to Tedros. A flash of memories came back at him when he thought of Hybrid. How his father had just come back with this stupid new pup. The Talik boy remembered the drama that it had caused in his young life. To hear that there were no more Mogotsis around saddened the coyote, but again, he wasn’t too surprised. Everyone moves on. He certainly had.

As much as Ezekiel seemed to want Tedros to see Kaena, he was less interested in that and much more interested in the mansion. If he ran into her there, so be it. “Thank you, Ezekiel de le Poer,” he said, honestly thanking him for both his (mostly) welcoming attitude and his directions towards the mansion.

“See you around.” And Tedros was off.

[/html]