fill your journals
[html]
on a posting roll~ set in the common areas, create a salsola aw 10+/ +yo numbah!

Odessa sat outside her temporary home. As usual her journal sat in her lap, the page already half filled with her delicate scribbles, as were the several others before. The medical book for canines and the plants of nova scotia books lay on the floor beside her. It was early afternoon, Odessa had caught dinner in the morning, cooked and prepared it, then exersized Keshi and finally returned home to eat her dinner. The mottled medic had also travelled to the garden and picked a small sample of Indian Tobacco, merely to test the effects of it. It had indeed provided a relaxing high, perfect for Odessa's afternoon writing session.

The medic girl glanced up from her writing, silently surveying the area for anyone else. So far she was alone, not that she minded. If she was alone she was happy, and if she was in company she was alos content. Pumpkin bronze eyes fell back to the delicate writings at her lap, she picked up the pencil again, scribbling musings of the apperance of the Valerian plants she planted a few days ago. Odessa aspired to fill it, and perhaps several others, with all her knowledge about what grew in the garden, whether it be medicinal or for use scenting members as they leave.

<style type="text/css">
.dessaa b {font-weight:bold; color:#b17444; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a200c; }
.dessaa p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.dessaa {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4d3a4d; background-image:url(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3823/odessa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 346px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#231022; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.dessaa p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.dessaa p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(567)
I... wonder if I've ever had a Rose thread before? >_o I think not. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME. |8 I'm assuming Eris and Odessa have met in passing before, probably not one-on-one but in the Last Supper and stuff, yuh. If this isn't okay, please PM me and lemme know, and I'll change it right away. o: <3 Also I am sorry for rambling at you. ~_~ The first two paragraphs are skippable.

Eris is by Kiri!

Cold nibbled delicately at Eris's flesh, sweeping in on the breeze from the bay. The wind was near constant in Salsola's territory, driving inward from the bay or down the side of the mountain. At times it was barely more than a whispery breeze; other times, it howled and tore at one's fur. Today was a mild day, however, and the temperature was moderately warm. The wind was bearable, at least far into the pack's territory. Eris thought if she ventured by the coast, she'd find it windier and colder. Not that it was anything to her -- the dark Auxiliary had the thick fur of a wolf to keep her warm, after all.

As much of a hybrid as she was, Eris hardly carried the appearance of one. She did not move like a coyote, either -- her stride, walking or running, was decidedly wolfish. She prowled through the ruins, hoping for company and finding none. It was her job to strenthen relations between Salsola and include all with the Family's warmth; she was mother, after all. Her own children were likely running, playing, exploring. They were growing older now, and soon, they would be adults. Pandemic and Salvia had aged in a flash. Wretch, too, would be nearly an adult now. Two of her children would never live to see adulthood, though.

She squished those thoughts into nothing, tucking them into the fascicle of festering hurt. It had rotted black, buried deep in some warm crevice of her soul. It would grow, sooner or later, too. For now, however, Eris was holding it together, if only for her pack. She could not give an appearance of weakness, no matter how much she ached. Up ahead, she could see someone, leaned against one of the picturesque cottages of the Coatl village. Her ears perked and she altered course, headed toward Odessa with a grin on her dark muzzle.

Eris herself was once capable of reading, but never writing -- she had tried her hand at it more than once, even seriously studying it once upon a time. Her hand was not made for such work, however -- it took such delicacy to carve the tiny little letters. While her hand might be capable of using a knife to cut flesh into simplistic designs, the many strokes and swishes of letters were beyond her. Hello, Odessa, the hybrid said warmly, deigning to bend and offer a customary nuzzle to the cheek of the grayscale wolf. What are you writing? she inquired, straightening as soon as she had delivered her greeting. It wouldn't do to remain stooped before an underling, she knew, but the gesture was their custom, after all.

She did not know Odessa was capable of writing. In fact, she did not know much of anything about Larkspur's niece. This made her and Odessa family of sorts, she thought, though they were already Family, and that was enough. Still, the coyote hybrid peered curiously at the daughter of Wisteria, perhaps noticing for the first time her prettiness. Her hair was wavy and long, sweeping halfway down her back -- paler highlights graced her muzzle and belly, accentuating her womanly curves. Her eyes were the Halloween orange of her own mate, and Eris took all of this in with a twinge of jealousy, momentarily hyper-conscious of her own aging and eventual loss of beauty.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

Her aunt's approached was, as her cousins a few days prior, unexpected, for the exact same reason. Odessa's lack on concentration given to the outside world. 'Eris' she said as the dark coated Auxiliary nudged her cheek. A hum of excitement filled her body at the gesture, bathing in the luxury of being related to someone who help face within the pack, even it was only by the mateship of her uncle. She lifted her book up, showing the heavily detail drawings and gently cursive scribbles off to her aunt with pride evident on her face. 'I'm just jotting down some information. Finding out what is in the garden using the book and transfering some of the script into my own book, then sketching out it's appearance, in various forms if needed'. It sounded complicated, perhaps it was, but to Odessa it was just work. 'I'm aiming for the healer rank so I guessed it would be helpful to know what plants in the garden I could use for medicene...' she added quietly, her words aiming to impress subtly.

Odessa placed the books down where she sat, proceeding to rise to her feet. Her height was lover than the Auxilary's own, by some few inches, so even when she had relaxed her submission she still appeared timid in the shadow of the shadow herself.

<style type="text/css">
.razeodessa b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; text-shadow:#99695c 1px 1px 1px;}
.razeodessa p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.razeodessa {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#da8e80; background-image:url(http://i42.tinypic.com/2vbk9ec.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; border-radius:10px; padding: 360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#986359; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.6px; text-align:justify;}
.razeodessa .wordcount {color:#986359; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #ffffff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.razeodessa .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(237)

Eris is by Alaine! Note: witchy get-up worn only when specified.

The dark hybrid leaned in with curiosity when the journal was flipped to her view; chartreuse eyes scanned the pages curiously, taking in the detailed drawings and the notes. The letters and printing were far superior to anything she had ever scribbled in her life, and the information was probably a lot more useful than anything she'd copied down. Eris had never seen much value in recording her own thoughts, but surely -- these notes were beyond value. Her gaze shifted casually back to Odessa, though a sparkle of excitement crackled through her, too.

Your work impresses, the woman said. Though it was a coolly-delivered compliment of extreme brevity, there was very genuine pleasure in her dark features, and the tip of her tail wavered slowly back and forth. A knowledge book such as that has more value than half of Salsola's horses put together, I wager, she added, nodding as if to emphasize the statement. The book would be worth a great many things in Freetown, but its informational value was far too high to allow it to head south.

I know little of plants and healing -- perhaps I will pick up your work when it's finished, if you'll allow, the woman said, asking without truly asking. She might have ordered Odessa to hand over the journal then and there, true enough, but Eris truly did not believe in abuses of power.

<style>
#erisAlaine {
}
#erisAlaine p {
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
width:150px;
line-height:13px;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height:16px;
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
big post~ / +3

The book, so far, had taken many weeks to get to it's current point. At first it was rough notes, then a small basic sketch. Then Odessa had progressed to add preparation methods, uses and any other useful titbits the mottled girl had copied from her numerous textbooks. And the journal was only partly finished. Odessa had only included some of the plants added to the garden by Clover and she still had more to go. Granted it wasn't particularly tough work, most of the information was copied and pasted, it was the images that took the most work. Though she kept that information from Eris, purely because she didn't think it relevant and besides literacy was a skill in itself. 'Thank you' she uttered softly, clearly touched by the comment though trying to hide it with casual gratitude. Eris continued however, speaking of it's work compared alongside the stables residents. 'Oh She said, blushing beneath snowy gray fur, 'I don't know about that. Perhaps when it has a few more pages to it... I haven't covered all of the plants recently added to the garden yet'. Dark locks fell over her face as her shyness took hold. Like any author or artist, she often found herself scrutenising her work. Perhaps too harshly sometimes.

Listening intently to her Aunt's words she nodded, 'I intended to make it public to all of Salsola once I've cover what's currently in the garden. You know, keep it somewhere everyone can use it' she explained, 'Either way I intend to keep working on it until I fill it up and even then if I still have things to add...' she paused, shrugging, 'I suppose I'll just barter for another one'. The end of her words was laced with a polite, yet nervous smile. With nothing to say her shyness reappeared, because when she knew what she was talking about, or discussing something she was enthusiastic about a large amount of confidence surfaced.

<style type="text/css">
.dessaa b {font-weight:bold; color:#b17444; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a200c; }
.dessaa {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4d3a4d; background-image:url(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/3823/odessa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 346px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#231022; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(324)
Oh god I have no idea if the word for the Eternian bible is right; I can't double-check on the wiki. ;~~~~~~~~~~~;

Eris is by Kiri!

The hybrid woman had learned to read during her time in Eterne. It hadn't been required of her, but Baphomet had insisted upon it. The Quahitl needed to be read -- it would not suffice to simply hear it from another's mouth. Eris had needed to read the words for herself. The sable-shaded hybrid had rarely practiced the skill after learning it, and so the skill had atrophied considerably. She had attempted to rekindle her skills while within Anathema, but the dark woman had abandoned such pursuits with the pack. Now, her eyes flicked along the page with a jagged sort of glance, hesitating on some words. She did not need to read each word to know the omnibus book contained invaluable information.

The coyote gave a sidelong glance to Odessa, a sly smile creeping across her face. Information can be more valuable than physical strength, sometimes, she quipped, lowering her voice as she said this. It was hardly a secret, but she spoke softly anyhow. I can try to help you, perhaps. I knew how to read, once upon a time. I never learned writing, but perhaps I can select a few passages from some books, if you'd tell me what to look for, Eris offered. It was always good to brush up on personal skill, and she would take take any opportunity to assist Salsola.

The coyote's smile widened,and she nodded. The pack will make great use of this contribution, I'm sure. Perhaps if we trek southward to Freetown again, I will tell our scouts to find another book for you to write in, she said, thinking this was a good plan. Freetown would have the sort of thing Odessa required, and it would come cheaply, too -- cheaper than if they were to trade locally, anyway. Paper was a rare commodity, and markets with European traffic were more likely to have paper at a better price.

<style>
#erisKiri {
}
#erisKiri p {
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 OOC

angels watching over me with smiles upon their face

Odessa smiled, a shy, yet contented thing. 'I'm glad of that. I don't have much to offer when it comes to anything physical'. She was thin, willowy, albeit with slight curves but that was really just receding blubber from her younger months and a healthy lifestyle. As Eris offered her aid. Nodding, perhaps a little too excitedly, she responded with absolute acceptance of the idea. 'That would be great!' she beamed, glancing quickly to the books beside her. The Auxilary's idea was genius. Something Odessa wouldn't have dared ask. It would speed along her work, for she would only have to write what was dicated to her. And because of that the book would become public quicker.

The ashened woman spoke again, Odesa herself, as large a trader as she was, had never ventured to Freetown. She imagined a huge market place. 'That would be very helpful. Though one day I'd like to go myself. I've never been...' she noted with a low chuckle. And what's more she was thinking about getting a pet for herself. Perhaps something akin to the felines Eris and Salvia owned. She was captivated by the creatures, quite simply.

'cause I have made it through this far in an unforgiving place
<style>
.odessa-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
.odessa-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.odessa-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.odessa-txt3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.odessa-txt3 b {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 i {color:#cc8686; letter-spacing:1px; }
.odessa-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(341)

Eris is by me!

The dark hybrid understood all too well what Odessa meant, and nodded gravely, frowning. She leaned close to divulge her own secret, though what she told The Associate was only a part of the truth. I'm much in the same way as you. But that's why we women have to rely on our wiles, after all, she said, grinning. Now, she settled to the ground beside her dark-furred companion, wrapping her tail about her thigh. She selected the top book from the pile and opened it gingerly, thumbing through the pages with care. She did not want them to tear or rip, after all.

Ah, yes -- I feel the same. I've never been, but I do want to go, the coyote added frowning. We'll arrange another trip, I'm sure, the hybrid added, wistfully dreaming of the marketplace streets. It was probably a lot less fancy than the sable canine imagined, but it was pointless to reign her imagination in. Though, I think you can make the journey on your lonesome. Sirius says it's not so far. I wouldn't want to go by myself, though. We're women, after all, the coyote said, speaking this last sentence with a hint of distaste. They were women, and they had more to worry about in the world. Eris, for one, did not plan on allowing herself to be violated by anyone, and she thought she would fight back in earnest if anyone tried.

Her eyes flicked down to the pages below, and she hunched closer to the book, browsing the pages absently. Most of the plants in this section were completely foreign to her, and they looked utterly exotic -- humongous flowers of massive proportion, trees with impossibly long and skinny trunks, and thick, snaking vines. None of these were things one would find in Nova Scotia; this fauna would have been more at home around Eterne. It was unlikely they would find any of these plants to import, even in such a worldly place as Freetown.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 you can skim the work bits if you like ^^

'Yes' Odessa agreed, glancing to her aunt and then back to her surroundings. 'I think I'll wait' she concluded, softly, 'While I don't doubt the Boss, not in any way,' Odessa added, re-enforcing her words with a violent head shake. 'But, he is a man, more so than any other I have seen. He has less to fear than we do...' she noted, her words softening to a halt.

The medic turn to regard Eris, peering curiously at the pages she was reading. 'It's a shame they don't grow here' she said, smiling absently. 'I've managed to trade parts of some of the more exotic things. Salves and oils, you know. But I think it would be much more handier if we had them in the garden'. Odessa ultimatly sighed, understanding that it was impossible. 'I managed to put some Valerian in the garden though, and then Salvia came when I was noting things down' she added, brushing her her fringe away. Frowning harmlessly, Odessa continued, 'I see she had a new companion' she noted. The cat had been a stunning thing, and one of the reasons Odessa was interested in visiting the markets.

Finally, starting her work, Odessa instructed her superior softly on what to find. While she got a gentle buzz from her instructions, she noted that it was temporaryand meaningless. Eris had offered her help.

<style>
.odessa-txt3 {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
.odessa-txt3 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.odessa-txt3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.odessa-txt3 u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(355)
:3

Eris is by me!

A faint smile crossed the dark hybrid's face at Odessa's clarification regarding Sirius's manliness and righteousness. Eris felt much the same; there was no doubting Sirius. The Boss was their leader, and Eris, though the only one amongst them capable of speaking out against him if she so desired, simply respected him too much to disagree with him, much less speak ill of the man behind his back. Part of her was glad Odessa realized the added dangers they faced as women; part of her lamented that the girl even needed to come to such a realization. It was the world they lived in, though, and Eris was powerless to change it.

Yes. If only I had the foresight to bring such plants north from Eterne... though, when I left that place, I did not know as much as I know now. I might not have taken anything useful, she said, dismissing Eterne and its exotic plants with a shrug. The sable hybrid's smile was still present, though more distant now as she listened to the woman. Eris had seen the lynx, but she had yet to discuss the feline's instruction and training with Salvia. Her daughter was a smart girl, though, and Eris did not doubt that Salvia would raise the cub to be as docile and tame as Itzcitla. I love cats. You should get one -- they are wonderful companions, the coyote said, trying not to think of the cat that had killed her daughter.

She listened to the darker canine's instructions carefully, nodding at a few intervals to show she understood. This work was easier than physical labor, at least -- Eris might not be the speediest reader, but it was better than struggling with building materials, or hunting in front of everyone else. Eris had improved by leaps and bounds since the last winter, but her hunting skills still left something to be desired. When the woman had seemed to cease her instruction, the hybrid nodded a final time, and flipped through the book, seeking the section on plants native to this part of the world.

<style>
#erisSie2 {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
}
#erisSie2 p {
}
#erisSie2 p.sieImage {
}
#erisSie2 .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
#erisSie2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisSie2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisSie2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisSie2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisSie2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 OOC

Odessa smiled faintly towards her leader, 'You would have at least tried' she noted, 'It's the thought that counts'. Either way, it was better to leave the work to the people who's co-rnaks and ranks corisponded with the task. Odessa had noted that Eris's situation was before Salsola, no doubt before the idea had even sprung into her mind. And because of that reason, she decided Eris should not worry, she didn't voice her ideas though. Simply because of the fact that as an Associate, she was disposable, Lark kin or not. Again it had dawned on her that becomeing more vocal would aid in any promotion, but she was playing the 'better safe than sorry' card and planned to vocalise herself when she was sure she had proved her worth.

'Truthfully, I was thinking much the same thing' she agreed, a strong nod securing the fact. 'Winter's coming and it would be helpful to not have to hunt alone'. Having a feline companion would make stocking up on food much easier, as it was now she had been hunting once a forthnight, catching several rabbits and later preparing them. 'Are they eay to train?' she asked, wondering how she would ever tame such a beast. Of course she could ask her Aunt and Salvia, but they had their own things to do and wouldn't always be there to help.

They worked quick, Eris had made the task fly by. 'I think we're done...' Odessa said, putting the finishing touches to the page.

<style>
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(532)
Rambled at you, sorry. :c First two paragraphs = skip~

Eris is by Poppz!

She wished she had stripped everything of value from her Eternian family. It would have disadvantaged Tlantli, Xochime, Miqui, and their yet-unknown brother, Imacai, certainly -- but Eris hadn't known of Xochime and her siblings back then. She would not have cared, and she would have robbed the rest of them blind. Dieriel's kindness was nothing to her, either -- it was Dieriel who had stood to the side while Eris had been imprisoned and enslaved, after all. That the woman had later made amends was meaningless to the dark hybrid.

Clearly, there was not an ounce of altruism within the dark hybrid; Eris cared for herself, first and foremost. Salsola received her care because it was her solace, in a very real and literal sense. She had burned her bridges in Anathema and Inferni, and the dark woman could not imagine returning to the life of a lowly peon. She would have been doomed to the life of a loner if she lost her place within Salsola, and such a life eventually led to death, she was sure. Eris Eternity was not fit for such a life; she required a robust network of support, which she received and cultivated in Salsola.

The coyote's ear flicked at the woman's question, and she tilted her head back from the book a moment, closing her eyes to grant them brief respite. A faint headache had started just behind her eyes, and the coyote would not be able to continue reading for long. The strain was too much on her vision, and it was starting to let her know with that dull ache thudding in her skull. I can't compare them with other creatures. If your feline is small, they are easy to bond with. If they are large... well, they become dangerous, unfortunately, the coyote said, leveling her gaze with Odessa once again. There was a hint of remorse as she spoke, though it was distant and faraway. Ouija gave me the gift of a child cougar once. It grew too large and unpredictable, and despite my efforts, would not accept command.

The dark coyote had offered no explanation for Ouija -- all were inadequate or otherwise inappropriate. She might have said her packmate from Anathema, but he was much more than this. She might have said her soulmate, but that might have raised questions about her and this Ouija. The dark hybrid saw no more of him, however, and pushed him from her mind, not without difficulty and not without regret. I had to rid myself of him, sadly, she explained, her focus returning to the book. Now, her gaze was lazy, and she did not mark many passages for transcription. When Odessa announced their completion, it was with relief that the sable hybrid closed her book, immediately setting to rubbing just above her eyes. The chartreuse things were half-lidded, and she murmured a soft curse. Shit. Turning back toward The Associate, she offered a feeble grin. Would any of your plants rid me of an ache in the head? Reading too long does that to me, she admitted, hopeful that the silver-tinged woman might offer a remedy.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
}
#erisPoppz p {
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 lol it's okay XD

Odessa hummed gently, 'I think I'll look for something small then' she decided, almost instantly. Perhaps something similar to what Eris had. The exact species escaped her, but she decided not to ask, as she knew it visually. 'I can see how a larger creature would be a task to control. I've read about much, much larger creatures over the other side of the world, as large as us... I'd hate to even think of what they could do if the cougar you speak of was untrainable'. She smiled faintly, a flash of worry speeding through her mind. She knew that whather aunt spoke was true, about the smaller felines being easier to tame, more because of trust than her own knowledge. But still, as her own kind could be varying in their personality, she assumed felines could be too.

A cursed word was sent from the woman's maw. Odessa's ears lowered gently as any words deemed wrong in society had been erdicated from her vocabulary. She had never said any offensive word in her life, or so she would have everyone believe. Once or twice in times of desperation they had been spoken and sometimes just to see what it was like. When her work was called into need again, Odessa lifted her head quickly. 'Yes, I do', she stood, rushing into her home before emerging with a small tub. 'This is ginger. just eat a bit when ever you get a headache' she held the tub out to Eris, 'And drink plenty of water' she added.

<style>
.odessa-txt3 .inner {}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(359)

Eris is by Kiri!

The dark hybrid had pitifully little knowledge of the wide world beyond what she was familiar with. She did not know anything at all about these exotic places; the extent of her knowledge was that things came over to Freetown via ships and boats from these foreign places. The dark hybrid listened with interest to her silver-tipped packmate, nodding her agreement as the woman spoke. Eris had nearly discovered the hard way just how dangerous an untamed cougar could be: the thing had snapped at her a few times, and that was all. She would not have such a creature around her children, and she was certain Ouija would agree and understand.

Yes. I would not want anything much larger than my Itzcitla, personally. It is a smart decision to avoid those larger, dangerous creatures, the coyote said, shaking her head. She picked at the frondescence of a small weed by her feet, twirling the single leaf she had plucked from the weed between her fingers as she spoke. Whatever assistance you need with this new pet -- do let me know, the hybrid purred, happy to help a fellow Salsola member in his or her pursuits. The dark-hued canine watched her packmate with shining chartreuse eyes, eager to see what herbal magic Odessa would provide. Eris knew pitiably little about any concoctions, mixtures, or anything so much as tangentially related to such things.

The younger Associate returned in short order, handing Eris a tub of a strange substance. It was pale in coloration, appearing to be a root of some kind. Eris unscrewed the lid of the jar and inhaled a little, tilting her head at the strange spice that wafted up from the jar. The coyote took the thing up in her hands and nibbled a small bite of it, surprised to find the taste overpoweringly strong but not entirely unpleasant. Thank you, my dear, the coyote said, grinning broadly. Her dark tail wavered behind her happily, expressing as much contentment as the smile across her muzzle. How good it is to have one with such knowledge in Salsola, she praised, meaning every word whole-heartedly.

<style>
#erisKiri {
}
#erisKiri p {
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / 300+!

Thank you' she beamed in reply. She most likely need aid with whatever creature she procured, and having the knowledge Eris possessed on hand was an excellent bonus to having a trained hunter beside her. Of course it would require training and hard work but Odessa supposed if she stuck it out to the end it would proved worth while work. She made a note to herself to look out for books on small wild cats, ocelots, margays, those sort of creatures. And when she sought the creature itself, she would use Eris's feline companion as her size guide. If the Auxiliary was able to control that size, Odessa, being but several inches shorter, could probably handle something similar.

Eris seemed pleased with her quick fix 'potion' for her headache. It would have put a smile on Odessa's face had their not already been one plastered there. 'You're welcome, I'm just happy I can help'. She spoke more, expressing her views on the usefulness with in Salsola. Odessa frowned lightly, quickly returning her gaze to Eris with a gentle grin, 'Oh, I simply looked at what co-ranks had been taken and what I, personally, though was needed. There wasnt a medic and I though, if anything were to happen, especially to you or Sirius, the pack wouldn't be able to function. At least not to it's full potential'. The would be medic laced her words with a delicate shrug. Her ideas were proved by Liliya.

Her injury would have stopped her from building the boat and therefore haulted the production of the vessel and, later on, the journey to the Isle farther out from the coast. A trip which she had been promised a ticket for. Whether this promise was fufilled didn't bother her, she did it to aid the pack, the same reason for her aiming for the medic co-rank. 'I'm just glad I can make myself useful' Odessa said, honest clear in her softly spoken words.

<style type="text/css">
.odessya b {font-weight:bold; color:#3c6680; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b5362; }
.odessya p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.odessya {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8fadbe; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/o1vEW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 208px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a7382; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.odessya p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.odessya p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(359)
Can probably wrap this up here or at your post if you want? O: Maybe, if Odessa wishes to learn, Eris could explain some of her beliefs? E.g., liver being seat of power, scarifications lending "clarity" and omens, if Odessa isn't already familiar with such? <3

Eris is by Alaine!

Cats were creatures Eris Eternity greatly enjoyed as companions. Itzcitla was just balanced between independent and friendly, and she owed her life to the spotted feline's dedication, certainly. She would never seek to replace the ocelot, though she had considered augmenting his presence with that of another feline before, and was likely to do the same again at some point. She still dreamed of breeding her own litter one day, but she did not know if ocelots could breed with members of other species, as wolf and coyote did.

The hybrid nodded and smiled, glad to hear one of her clan possessing such views. Her bright jade eyes grew ever brighter as the silver-hinted woman spoke of a co-rank, and Curandero, at that. The dark hybrid's smile remained, and she agreed wholeheartedly with The Associate's statements. They were in need of one with such skills, and Odessa was just the one to do it. She was studying, first and foremost, and secondly, her demeanor matched the rank perfectly. She had been sweet and laid-back, yet business-like and brisk in her dealings with the work of the books. The dark hybrid did not, of course, consider that the silvery-hued woman could be more sour than sweet when dealing with one of less prestigious rank thank herself.

You speak true, yes. All of us are important, but all packs suffer greatly at the traumatic loss of a leader, and I fear even Salsola is not immune to such . But, she said, leaving off on a meaningful pause. Her gaze drifted away from Odessa and toward a boscage of shrubbery jutting out from between two ancient,crumbling stone pillars. The Kimaris household had fallen into utter disarray at Mantus's illness and death; they would have perished, had it not been for Metetzli's quick thinking. She did not want the same for Salsola. You must know -- to serve as our Curandero, you must engage in ritual and spiritual medicine? the coyote asked, her tone rather grave. She was capable of teaching, but not even the best educator could instruct those unwilling to learn.

<style>
#erisAlaine {
}
#erisAlaine p {
}
#erisAlaine p.sieImage {
}
#erisAlaine .txtooc {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
#erisAlaine .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisAlaine b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisAlaine u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisAlaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisAlaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
sure sure that'd be awesome ^^ / +yo numbah!

Odessa nodded along with Eris's wise words. Her words were true, as Odessa's were and the conversation was refreshing for the girl who spent most of her days cooped up attempting to fill the pages of the red journal. 'I agree' Odessa mused, brushing her fringe away as she spoke, 'I understand that one day you will pass on, but hopefully my skills will not permit a premature tragedy. Not for anyone here'. True there was many things she could not cure, some people would leave the earth and there wasn't one thing anyone could do about it. Injuries and illnesses she could treat would hopefully be the only things to plague the family. 'There are things I cannot heal of course, things that no one can heal, but perhaps we will be fortunate to escape the unluck'. Lacing her words with a shurg her words finished.

The coal coated woman spoke again, her words causing Odessa to lean forward, 'Really?' she purred, while she knew some of the trivial information, prying some information from Eris's mind would prove useful indeed. 'I know some basic's, could you tell me more sometime?' Since this encounter had been so enjoyable, she would have very much enjoyed the Auxilary's company again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]