Lawbreakers' Second Chance
Desired Profession Path: Kunikoti (Medicine)
NPC's: Camilla Trovato (Teo's little sister, yearling) / Carissa (Teo's pet Raccoon, yearling)

[html]
Let Gemma post first if it's okay. PP approved ahead of time. We're waiting on Naniko to remove us from the ranks but they've left already. Matteo and Camilla are in their optime forms. Cami's carrying Carissa.

Ever since he'd made that promise to Gemma, he'd been by her side ever since. He'd refused to let her go back to the den she shared with Giuseppe, dragging her to his own den (knowing Alaki wouldn't be home) to grab Camilla and Carissa and then taking shelter for the night in a guest room. Cami had been confused, even a bit scared of the sudden change, but reluctantly, she'd agreed to follow her brother to whatever pack he led them to. Teo left a note for Alaki and that was the end of it.

The only one he could think of was AniWaya. Their war was over and they could use the extra helping hands with repairs and rehabilitation for many of the abused and frightened victims of the tyrant chief's reign. He was known there by a few members, whether they remained or not, and he knew the basics of the territory and how to get there. He knew they'd be welcomed there if they were in better times now. Hopefully they could come to call it home.

With his sister, pet and new court in tow, the albino headed out into the cool early morning. He'd helped Gemma into some warm clothes and reassured her when she hesitated, though he felt a sick sense of wrong in his actions as it were.

This wasn't divorce. This was abandonment. He'd made a vow to Alaki and now, he was breaking them.

Still, Gemma needed him more. He couldn't turn back now. It was already too late for that.

It was already high noon by the time the small family made it to the borders of AniWaya. Teo brought them to a stop and waited a moment, glancing around. ...this is it. Our new home. He murmured, glancing back at Gemma with a weary smile. AniWaya's a good place. I'm sure we'll find a place with them.

Camilla, tired and upset, moved to lean against her would-be sister-in-law. She muttered something about being okay with anything, as long as it had a bed and warm food involved, but otherwise kept silent.

Teo hummed in understanding, then turned and sighed, glancing around again and then shaking away his blues. With a deep breath, the albino tossed his head back in a long howl, summoning for someone to greet them, to hopefully welcome them into their new home.

<style type="text/css"> .trovato-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#717D66; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1e2a13; } .trovato-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .trovato-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#454c3e; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/orqk60.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 180px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272E21; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .trovato-oo8 p b:before { content: open-quote; } .trovato-oo8 p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]
Desired Profession Path: None yet. Itse for now :3
300+

Everything was moving too fast for the pale fae and she was all muddled up in her pretty white head. It was hard for her to take in that she was no longer a member of Anathema and would never be welcomed back their again, or that Matteo was truly hers after months of watching him cavort about with their former Rakeeb. Memories danced before her eyes and Gemma felt her mind pull into itself, for once the woman was wearing clothes. Nothing too fancy just a plain blue pair of jeans and a button up green shirt that stopped at her elbows. The shirt covered up much of her shaved fur but their was no hiding the rest of her arms and hands nor the end of her tail which were similarly almost bald.

At the time it had made sense but now Gemma mourned for the loss of her fur but eventually it would grow back. Ever since that night she had been shy around Matteo, a shrinking violet, unknowing what to do or what to say. She could sense his sadness, and felt guilt for it. She felt guilt for Giuseppe as well, she had just left him alone. The Sawtooth princess would have a lot to answer to eventually. She had never been to AniWaya before or indeed any of the other packs around here. She had wandered the free lands but that was it.

Really she was in no shape to cope with such a journey and by the time they reached the borders of the southern pack she was weak and almost dead on her feet. Still she managed to wrap an arm around Camilla as the girl leaned against her and be a suitable post to lean against,

"Hopefully.." She sounded a bit doubtful, she had nothing to offer a pack, no skills or useful talents. She cringed a little as he let off a loud howl and looked around nervously as though expecting Alaki to jump out of the bushes at any moment.
CUTIE CLAUDIUS REPORTING FOR DUTY
[html]
[/html]Claudius couldn't believe it: there was another someone (or other) at the borders howling for him. Even though he had already welcomed one woman from the Great Tribe to this AniWaya and explained of Maska's crimes, he couldn't believe that he was still allowed to do this. It gave him a small glimmer of hope and pride, and although he liked this feeling, he was still so hesitant to accept it.

However, it didn't seem like there was anyone else to do this duty. He hadn't heard a howl from any other of the tribe members, so Claudius had figured it would be best to investigate this himself. He responded to the howl with one of his own, acknowledging it and indicating that he would be there soon. Although this sort of linguistic complexity was impossible with a howl, he knew that responding to a greeting howl from the borders sent this sort of message.

He was fortunate this time: he had been quite close to the borders scouting out the area, so even though he was in his much slower two-legged form, it only took him fifteen minutes to reach the newcomers.

Before emerging from the wooded tribelands, he took a moment to catch his breath. Once he felt prepared, he stepped out and barked a greeting.

"He-he-ello," he stated calmly. "Do y-you... nee-ee-d s-o-omething?"[html]
[/html]
[html]
omfg xD It STILL baffles me. He's too cute to be a leader.

Teo smiled weakly at his court, stepping to her once his howl was finished and wrapping careful arms around her, hesitantly pulling her into a hug if she let him. I promise we'll figure it out. This was the right choice. Those caves were killing us. He murmured into her fur, gently pecking her forehead and then turning upon hearing the sound of approaching pawsteps.

Out of the woods came a tiny sort of male. He stuttered but his tone suggested a calm control. The stutter was probably a speech thing, not nerves. Teo had seen it before in his cousins. He decided not to dwell on it.

Fair met, sir. He smiled, not bothering to judge the tiny book by his cover. Teo had been tiny and quivery once; it felt wrong to judge the boy for it. I'm Matteo Trovato. This is my court, Gemma, and my sister, Camilla.

"Don't forget Carissa." Chimed Cami quietly, noting the little raccoon in her arms.

Right. And Carissa, of course, our little companion.

Introductions complete on his end, he decided to get straight to business. We've come to join AniWaya. Is there a chance you have room for us in your pack? He quieted then, finally, his nerves playing at his speech a bit more than he'd liked; the change was somethng a touch unwelcome but he'd accepted it all the same. Hopefully, this young man would be able to help him out here.

<style type="text/css"> .trovato-oo8 b {font-weight:bold; color:#717D66; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1e2a13; } .trovato-oo8 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;} .trovato-oo8 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#454c3e; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/orqk60.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 180px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272E21; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;} .trovato-oo8 p b:before { content: open-quote; } .trovato-oo8 p b:after {content: close-quote; } </style> [/html]
She shivered despite her clothing and despite the fact that there was nothing to shiver about. Still she left herself be pulled into a hug, not that she would really fight him on his affections. She nodded slowly at his words, thise caves had killed her son or so now she had decided to believe. If he had been born out in the open in a pack that was more together then he may have survived. It wasn't long before they were greeted by a resident from the tribe, Gemma remained silent beyond a quiet "Hello.".

Instead she stared pleadingly at the young man rather than trying to make a case of why they should keep her. she had not any skills that would be useful to aid them but she could learn she supposed. If their was somebody to teach her. She recalled Teo promising he would teach her how to hunt and was cautiously excited for this, she had no idea what hunting entailed having never seen it performed before. The coywolf kept her ears flattened to her head and her eyes away from his just in case he was closer to Gabriel in personality, she didn't want to add more injuries.
[html]
[/html] After a whirlwind of introductions, the wolf launched straight into the point of the matter: he sought a home. Claudius' finger twitched once when the wolf falsely identified AniWaya as a pack, but kept quiet, preferring to let the male continue speaking instead of jumping in and correcting him unceremoniously. There was an awkward pause when Claudius realized the wolf had nothing else to say, and so, he realized it was his turn to speak. The wolf's female companion, Gemma, spoke up and said hello, causing Claudius to lose his stride again. She'd looked rather quiet, so he hadn't anticipated her speaking up.

Claudius appreciated her show of submission and for a moment, he almost felt like the leader he was pretending to be. He took a deep breath to prepare himself for a few questions.

"W-w-we ma-a-y," Claudius replied quietly. "Bu-u-ut why-y did you... leave... your old... pack? A-ni-i-Wa-aya has seen... hard... times... and w-we nee-eed to stay... out of... trouble..." He frowned. That sounded wrong. If they needed help, he wanted to offer them help -- and a home. "Wha-a-at can you offer... us...?" There. At least that was a little better. He would be willing to accept these wolves into the tribe if they could contribute to the maintenance of the well-being of the tribe. If they had troubles, he'd like to see them left behind. If they wanted a fresh start, than this was certainly the place for them. Claudius only worried that they might face discrimination for being a part of a tribe so recently engrossed in conflict. It seemed wrong to ask them to forget their past grievances -- if they had any -- when AniWaya had so many. [html]
[/html]
[html]
Blargh. Teo lacks joining prowess. xD He's never done it before.

He'd seen it coming. Why he'd left Anathema. That... would be my fault. He started, grimacing. I left my mate. In doing so, I not only broke vows and a promise, but a law of Anathema. I left on my own accord, though, before Naniko could send me away. In other words, he'd known the punishment for his actions plenty fine.

I promise you, my actions won't bring trouble to AniWaya. I didn't tell anyone where I'd be going. If I know Naniko, she probably doesn't care either way. He shrugged then, hoping he'd talked his way out of that little upset.

As for... what we can offer. I've got various skills in Animal Care and Medicine. I was a medic before coming here, so it's my better suite. He glanced over at Camilla, who looked at him with dread; she did not want to talk for herself yet. Poor girl was too tired to think properly.

...My sister Camilla knows pretty fluent Low Speech and she's helped me with my medical jobs before. I also know that she's a fantastic hunter and great with animals and children. He flashed the younger Trovato a smile, one that made her hide her face into Gemma's shoulder shyly. So shy when tired.

Teo left it at that, though. He wasn't really sure what skills Gemma had in reference to helping a pack. She'd been with Giuseppe since she'd joined Anathema, which probably meant she hadn't done much. He knew she'd been a Zepar the entire time, meaning she hadn't really proven herself in any set skills previously. Hopefully she had something to offer... or else Claudius would overlook it if she didn't.

Teo reached over and placed a worried hand on her back. Please let us prove ourselves, Claudius. Teo thought, though his eyes were on his court.

lol Gemma lacks anything even coming close to a skill XD

She still stayed quiet as the two men spoke, just as she had been taught. Outside of Anathema in a world that would not be as kind to her Gemma's small amount of self confidence had dwindled to nothing, she couldn't see anything good about herself. At least in Anathema she had been able to occasionally assist if someone needed help with a simple task or odd job. Sometimes she had helped whoever was on cooking duty but beyond that she had not any skills that could be considered worthy to a pack, the small female began to shake slightly as she realised she had nothing to offer and their acceptance might very well rest on what she said next, when she tried to speak her voice came out as a scared squeak. With an embarrassed cough she started again,

"I know a little bit about cooking and some stuff about fires.. and.. that's it really... sorry." Her voice tailed off into silence and she stared morosely at the ground while her shaking only got worse. She was so damn pathetic, she didn't know why Matteo hadn't jut let her kill herself that night. It would have done the world a favor and spared it her dramatics. She flinched as she felt Matteo's hand on her bck and then cursed herself inwardly for being so jumpy.
I am going to accept you two now into AniWaya OOC'ly, but Claudius won't officially accept them until another post. c:

[html]
[/html] Claudius listened quietly as the boy explained his story. He felt himself wondering how he could leave Anathema, which sounded like a rather frightening pack, to seek solace in AniWaya. When the boy explained that it was because he had left his mate -- likely for his "court", Gemma, whatever that meant -- Claudius felt himself grow angry. If he was someone who went around dismissing their mates and running from their problems, then perhaps AniWaya was not the place for them. Claudius wanted to help this boy ease his heartache and find retribution, but AniWaya was not as forgiving as he was.

"Y-you m-u-ust under-st-a-a-and tha-at... AniWaya... is very... traditional," he began slowly. While keeping in mind the boy's contributions and the girls' lack of any sort of skill, Claudius felt the need to address this wolf's lack of knowledge of the tribe. "Why d-i-i-d you choo-oose AniWay-a-a?" he pondered. He clarified this by explaining: "spli-i-iting up... the fam-i-ily... is... frowned upon. It i-is no-o-t our way... we... belie-e-eve in the bo-ond betwee-een a ma-a-ated pair. Whi-i-ile... I thi-ink you a-are capable... of... lea-earning more... about the tribe... you... must know tha-a-at we... have many belie-iefs... and rituals... which... w-w-e-e ho-old sacred... i-if you-ou a-a-re willing... to accept our r-u-ules, you ma-a-ay join... however... y-y-you mu-ust respect and le-earn... about... us..." After a long speech, he was finally done. He felt like collapsing; the amount of effort it took to explain this was physically draining. He knew firsthand of these customs, for he came from a single-parent family. Without a father, Dawali had assumed that role. While he had grown up understanding these social values, he wanted to ensure that these wolves would abide by their rules and conduct themselves with the modesty and good-natured spirit of a true AniWayan. [html]
[/html]
[html]
Sounds good to me. Big Grin

Teo listened to the younger man speak of traditions, how strict AniWaya would be about their laws. He felt a pang of guilt wash over him yet agian, but nodded in understanding. I won't make the same mistakes twice. I admit, my knowledge of AniWaya... your tribe... He focused on remembering the difference; tribe, not pack. It's not much. I've only been by twice, during my time as an Anzu... a shepherd. He explained carefully, his voice suggesting his self-disappointment.

I promise to follow the Tribe's rules... and to learn as much as I can about the traditions and beliefs therein. He lowered his stance a bit, feeling humbled by the boy's intelligent observations and decisions. At that age, Teo had been more concerned about braiding hemp and styling hair. What sort of life was it now?

Please give us a chance.

short post to close

She kept her hear and eyes down as the white stuttering man explained that AniWaya was very a traditional pack and felt her ears sink closer to her head. She had no idea how to work in such a setting but perhaps, she shot a barely hopeful look at Matteo and then at Claudius, she could learn if someone taught her, she could. Gemma was sick of being useless and pathetic so she nodded along with Teo's words,

"Me too. I'll try to learn something so I can help" For the first time since the exchange began Gemma allowed a small smile to blossom onto her face.
[html]
[/html] Claudius smiled -- almost shyly -- when the other two professed their desire to become a part of AniWaya. His intention hadn't been to scare them so much as just inform them of what they were getting themselves into. He wasn't too confident that they hadn't just picked the first group that came to mind, but he also understood that if they were from Anathema, they had made quite the journey. Nonetheless, since he didn't know their motivations too well, he just wanted to be absolutely certain that there wouldn't be any problems in the future. Although he suspected his stint as the leader of the AniWayans would be temporary, he wanted to make sure he served his tribe well. All these things -- and many more -- explained why the normally shy and stuttering Claudius felt it was his duty to ensure things went smoothly.

"Very we-well," he replied slowly. He angled his body and gestured with his one hand, indicating that they should follow him. "I be-e-lieve y-you. W-we-lcome to A-AniWaya. I-I'll bring you... to the... c-c-centre o-of our town. A-a-as w-we wa-a-alk, I ca-a-an e-explain... a bit more.... about... AniWaya... a-a-and y-you ca-a-an tell me-e-e what sort of... rank you'd li-ike to-o pursue." With that, he turned and began walking -- if slowly -- toward the village. [html]
[/html]

Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!