M - Blood Covenant
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

[html]

Word Count :: 384 Helotes is so silly

He had just come back into the D’Neville mansion after meeting with Enkiel and Zana outside. The chill of the foggy day had finally gotten to him and he was contemplating crawling back under his covers and disappearing there for the rest of the day. His wounds ached, especially the one on his tail and in between his shoulders; he’d have to change the bandages soon, he realized he should have mentioned this to Enkiel. But perhaps he could snoop around the rooms that had been turned into make shift infirmaries to see if there was any fresh gauze he could scrounge up for himself.

Helotes skirted up the old steps of the mansion quickly, making it to the second floor with ease; he was glad the Salsolan female who had attacked him had not damaged his legs badly, though his arms were pretty badly scratched up. He headed down the hallway to the room he had been in several days prior, when Enkiel had helped stop his bleeding wounds from becoming any worse. It had been a long time since Helotes had been beaten up that badly and he was glad Inferni had such a skilled healer at one’s beck and call.

He was at the door, it was cracked open and a light shown out, most likely a lamp of some sort, he vaguely remembered one being there before he had passed out from the pain inflicted by whatever concoctions Enkiel had smeared into his wounds. Gently he pushed the door open and stepped inside. The smell of her hit him first, and then the visage and Helotes froze, eyes wide as he stared at the little bloody lump of a coyote that laid in the bed. It was her! The coyote female who he had fought with at the borders. Fear suddenly gripped the Lykoi’s throat as he stood unmoving in the doorway. Why was she here? She was injured badly, but wrapped up with care, had Enkiel done this? Was she actually a member of Inferni rather than an outsider like Helotes had thought? His fear suddenly turned to rage, YOU! He growled out. He had sworn that if she returned he would kill her, and it looked as if someone had done most of the work for him already!

Image courtesy of Brujo+; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_HL1 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.K22911_HL1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_HL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5d5151; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_HL1 {background-color:#2f2c2c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #141313; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4239 ... slykoi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:389px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_HL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.K22911_HL1 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 262 Can't quite bring herself to be insanecrazyrage. xD

The sound of a door creaking open roused Vesper from a sleepless rest, causing her full ear to twitch and swivel backwards. She continued to face the wall, however, curled up into a ball in the lupus form she’d frantically reclaimed after the agony of her first shift. It was probably just Enkiel checking up on her, which meant another silent visit of letting him do what he needed and bothering him the least that she possibly could. The silence wasn’t as uncomfortable as being looked over, anyway, but she’d resigned herself to being treated. She might have been a stubborn ass of a proud female, but she wasn’t a suicidal idiot.

The coywolf closed her eyes, tucking her slender muzzle between curled forelegs, but the sudden bellow of “You!” made her head jerk up. She turned and glanced at the dusky male in disbelief, large ears turned toward him.

“Fuck you,” Vesper said flatly, her features tired rather than angry. She managed to shift her weight slightly, lazily tossing her hips to so she could lean on her other side. She winced, but the show of weakness didn’t persist longer than that single moment.

“Fuck you,” she repeated dryly. “Now what do you want?” Her blue eyes wandered over his form, one that she hadn’t seen yet. It made him look even shiftier than before, though she was somewhat pleased to see that he had some bandages and healing wounds of his own.

“Aww, you don’t look so pretty anymore,” the newly-changed luperci mocked, and her smirk wavered between hate and exhaustion.

the Mentors!

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman; color:#b69a00; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#bb6500; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #351b0d; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:333px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 309 OOC

She looked at him, and he could see the weariness in her eyes, in her form, and it quelled his rage slightly. But she spat hate filled words at him, asking what he could want with her now and he just stood there, umber eyes wide and staring at her, still completely taken off guard by the situation he now found himself in. How could she be here? He didn’t understand. Then, despite her condition, she had the balls to mock his own appearance. Helotes couldn’t help it, and he let malicious laughter spill out of his maw, Me? Look at you! You little fucking bitch, you just can’t stay out of harm’s way can you?

Swiftly, like a cat, he was right next to her, hovering over her miniscule form with his own threatening one. He grinned at her viciously, You have a lot of guts coming back here. How easily I could just end your pitiful life right now... He broke his teeth into a grin close to her ear as he said this, so close that he could have licked her if he wanted, but he jerked back quickly, the grin fading to a scowl.

There was a scent on her, one that was different then when he had last seen her, it was a smell that was very unique to Luperci. She had been changed, no doubt by whatever had injured her so. His demeanor suddenly changed dramatically, and he looked down at her not as a predator but as clan member sizing up a possible comrade. Enkiel has obviously mended you. Why did you come here? What business do you have in Inferni? He wanted to know what her intentions were, for only a mentally retarded canine would return to a land where a person lived that had threatened their life without good reason.

<style>
.K22911_HL1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5d5151; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_HL1 {background-color:#2f2c2c; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #141313; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4239 ... slykoi.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:389px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #141313; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_HL1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 489

A bark of cruel laughter escaped the dusky coyote, and Vesper frowned coldly at his comment before offering a rough, amused smirk. “I suppose not. But I’m not going to just sit on my ass if a prissy little girl threatens me.” She paused, head tilted in an almost charming manner. “Didn’t sit on my ass for the mongrel luperci who gave me these new ones, either.”

Her haughty, scornful demeanor faded away slightly as he stepped up to her, effectively using the breach of personal space to intimidate. Any other time, she might have snapped at him—but she remembered a situation like this before, his stench in her nostrils and his breath on her pelt. It unnerved her, almost scared her, but she did her best to keep a straight face. They were no longer on neutral lands; she was in his clan’s territory under the watch of his clan’s healer. This gave her enough confidence to turn her muzzle toward him, eyes cold and defiant.

But the moment of danger passed as the male, frowning, pulled away. Her brown-caped fur lay flat, and the coywolf quickly, angrily averted her eyes from him as she guessed what he’d just discovered. She hated what she’d become, after trying so long to prove herself as a non-luperci. Her work would be hypocritical now; it was easy to say that she had been perfectly fine, once, if she was changed. The anger faded, and she gave a small scar on her leg a lick.

Vesper snorted when he spoke. “It was close, and I was bleeding and completely out of my fucking mind.” She glanced at him with an arrogant smirk, not altogether serious. “Though the place is nice so far—this little room alone has a pretty nice set-up.” Her movements carefully slow but smooth, she pushed herself up into a sitting position and locked eyes with him.

“Let’s get this straight. I don’t know if I’m staying here or not; Inferni seemed pretty damn interesting, which was why I was so close that other night.” She managed not to allow her voice to falter as she remembered the stars framed by the trees, that night when he’d assaulted her. She frowned momentarily then went on: “But you’re obviously going to want to destroy me if you get your chance.” One last pause, hoping that he would get this fact through his thick skull and learn his place with her. “But for as long as I’m here, under Inferni’s protection or a part of Inferni, and you make one move toward me—I’ll let them know what you tried to do when we met.” Her gaze hardened, and it was clear she wasn’t talking about a trivial fight, the chasing of a rogue from the borders. No, there were sins that ran deeper than that, and she figured his leaders would frown on taking a coyote against her will.

the Mentors!

<style>
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman; color:#b69a00; margin:5px; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#bb6500; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #351b0d; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:333px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 351 Sorry bout the wait on this

He listened to the beat up coywolf female with a dark contemplative look as she spoke of her interest in Inferni and when she outright threatened him he slowly knelt beside her bed, a look in his eyes that were like that of a snake’s about to strike. He stared at her for a long time after she had finished speaking before answering her in cool, measured tones, Listen here girl, you may have been taken in and mended by one of our kinder members but that does not mean you are protected. Far from it in fact you are in more danger lying here in our territory then you would be anywhere else.

He put his face closer to hers again, now his voice barely a whisper, You have some guts threatening me, and I like a coyote with guts. If you do decide to join Inferni, and you heal up well, you will be a great asset, but if you were to cross me… he flared his teeth at her, I will not hesitate cut your little heart from your chest. Remember who’s in charge here; you are but a lowly outsider now and I a foot soldier of Inferni. He stood again, crossing his arms.

She was right in some ways, he couldn’t just kill her now, that wouldn’t look good. And if she ever were to decide to tattle on him, he surely would be punished, however, if this were to happen he would have nothing stopping him from killing her. It seemed they were at an impasse then; he would not harm a hair on her little hybrid head and she would keep her mouth shut as to what happened that night.

He walked over to a pretty decent looking chest of drawers in the corner of the room where Enkiel had left his forceps, wrappings and other medical things. He lifted a roll of bandages and surrounded it in his first, before turning to her again, his face now calmed, Look uh… I… he sighed heavily, his jaw clenching in frustration, … you get better.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 432

Unexpectedly, the dusky coyote knelt next to the bed, his bronze eyes staring at her without a word. She resisted the urge to scoot away from him like—well, an injured and frightened animal, though that was what she was. Few canines were able to get under her skin like this, but he had found a way to burrow deeply, intimidating the normally fearless woman.

Calmly, the male informed her that she was not as protected as she claimed. His smooth voice rattled her, but she kept her mouth shut, not confident enough to argue against what he said. She knew that Enkiel wouldn’t let her get ripped apart as long as she was a patient of his, but as soon as she was improved enough to leave the guest house, she was consciously aware she was in foreign territory. A lump in her throat bobbed as she swallowed, though her blue eyes did not turn away from his, refused to turn away.

Vesper went deathly still as he drew close once more, his breath hissing around her face as he made some facts very clear. Teeth glittered as he informed her of her place in the clan, and she finally let her eyes drop until he stood. There was no arguing with him, and she knew that she wouldn’t give him any reasons to be pissed at her if she could help it—not here, on his turf. Ultimately, it would be up to her decision and the acceptance or rejection of the leaders, but until then she knew to tread carefully. It pained her to be knocked down from the lofty podium she’d claimed as a wild, free, defiant non-luperci, but the fact was that her world had been turned upside down again.

She was a new Vesper, for better or worse.

What also bothered her was that she could respect him—a fearful, intimidated kind of respect, but something that he definitely earned if he could cause her to revert into this wary individual. She hated him, and she doubted she would ever completely forgive him for his behavior the first night they met, but as a warrior and as a ranked member of the clan, she had to respect him.

He had crossed the room in the time she’d spent thinking, her blue eyes fixed on her forepaws, but now he spoke to her again, telling her to get better with obvious frustration.

Vesper blinked then dipped her head. “Y-yeah. I’ll try.” She pushed her forequarters up, sitting and facing him. “I hope we’re comrades before we’re enemies.”

the Mentors!

<style>
[/html]