"Bugged"
The cream luperci walked through the swamp with her Welsh Cob. They were on their way back to their pack. The wolf examined her surroundings. The ground was, soggy, the air thick with humidity, and she found it sort of aggitating. She did have to take bigger, more striding steps to move through the sawmp. The two creatures continued until they came to a more dry area. The luperci sighed slowly as she plopped down next to a weeping willow tree and rested her back against it. Her horse swished his tail to attempt to swat a few flies landing on his flank.

"Ugh, I don't like swamps." Leigha grumbled. But she decided to suck it up and rest up there for a little bit. She really wasn't in the mood to be "bugged" by anyone.

Her horse, Archie, neighed softly, signalling to her that he wanted her to get these damn flies off of him. Leigha sighed, stood up slowly from the ground, walked over to Archie, and started to shoo the flies away. This went on for a few minutes until Leigha decided to stop. She walked back over to the willow, sat back down, and rested against it once more. Soon the luperci started to laugh.

"Well isn't this interesting. I'm leaning against a tree I got my name from. I guess it was just fate that brought me to rest on THIS exact tree," Leigha chuckled. She was in a better mood now, but not a very good one. She was exhausted from that coywolf she had ran into last night. How she wished Vesper would have been more friendly. Vesper was probably like that because she was mislead or something, not because she wanted to be like that. Oh well, Leigha just wanted to rest and be left alone, hopefully.
[html]

Remember that threads take place the date their posted; this would be more than a month after she met Vesper! You can also look at the map for a good idea of where the swamplands are. Smile /+5

Ephraim was used to bounding through deep snow, pushing it aside with his white chest or wading through it in his optime form. Oftentimes the snow froze in clumps to his thick greyish-brown fur, slowing him down and making it even more of an effort to get from Point A to Point B. It was something that he’d had to deal with in his tundra homeland, and so he knew he’d have no problem with the less substantial snows in Nova Scotia.

This mud, however, was a different matter.

He had shifted almost as quickly as he’d wandered along the swamplands separating AniWaya territory from the southwestern coast. His paws had sunk into the mud, creating sucking noises as he attempted to pry them free, and the bottom of his long belly fur had been dirtied. Once he had changed into a two-legged shape, the going had gotten easier, but he still found himself almost losing balance as the mud gripped his paws. More than once he found himself hanging onto a tree branch to help pull himself free and keep his balance.

The eunuch groaned. Scouting out the southern part of the land had definitely taken its toll on him; he was better off heading north next time. There didn’t seem to be much here, though he’d seen a moose stepping through the mud and sparse marsh glass in the distance. Birds sang from time to time, their voices unusually loud in the silence of the day, but he found himself alone for the most part.

And the humidity! He’d seen autumn as a dry season, unlike the thick heat of summer. The air was moist here, though, and he was only grateful that the swiftly approaching winter turned the air cool. His thick pelt couldn’t take anything less. Shaking his head, he pushed some of his dreadlocks out of his face and pressed onwards, hoping to find at least some mudskipper or other animal that he might be able to eat.

What he found instead was a strong equine scent. He’d gotten used to horses since his time with the Tribe, recognizing that they were not food but rather mounts for the AniWayans. He hadn’t visited the stables often, though, so he was cautious as he walked through. Maybe one of them had broken free? Frowning, he walked toward the scent of the horse, knowing that if it was an escaped animal he’d have to bring it back to the Tribe. He just hoped he knew how to handle it.

Ephraim paused between the trees when he spotted the horse at last, a stout breed though one whose name he didn’t recognize. However, just a few feet away from the herbivore was a young luperci leaning against a willow tree. She wasn’t the age he might have liked, but any potential company would be welcome, especially if he had to be stuck in this godforsaken swamp any longer.

But the older man wouldn’t come to her like this. The eunuch was very canny, but he would put on the same act as he did with every other stranger he met. He found people’s tongues loosened around idiots, and maybe presenting himself like a fool as usual would make her less wary of him.

And so, grinning from ear to ear, Ephraim walked toward her and lifted one paw in kind greeting. “Hello, precious girl. Is this handsome beast yours?” He gestured toward the horse then bowed to it, giggling.

<style type="text/css">
.ephfisher b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher t {font-style:italic; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ephfisher {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#48592a; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/kckug8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #12210e; padding: 10px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#83a54c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.ephfisher .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
</style>[/html]
Leigha was resting against the willow when the sent of another wolf wafted to her nose. She sprung up when the voice of a male luperci came suddenly to her ears. She was on her feet at once. Leigha walked over to her horse and swung her arms around his neck, trying to state that she didn't want him touching her horse. But after the silly male had spoke and did some sort of bow toward, her horse? After that and his giggle the female loosened up a bit and unwrapped her strong arms from Archie's neck and cleared her throat.

"Um, hi! I'm guessing you like my horse perhaps?" Leigha chuckled, then proceded to talk. "I'm Leigha, and you are?" she asked patiently.

The luperci looked like the goofy, friendly type, which reminded her of a lot of her old friends back in her older pack up north. She took one more sniff at him and could smell that he was from AniWaya. Since her time in her own pack, Cercatori d'Arte, she had gotten to become familiar with the smells of the different packs. Even though this wolf was all giggles and friendly at the moment, she could tell that it wasn't entirely him. But if that was just the way he was, then she couldn't do crap about it. So, she just decided to leave it alone.

Archie whinnied softly and in short little sections. Leigha knew he was laughing at this wolf's actions towards him. After a few seconds the Welsh Cob stopped laughing and whinnied softly towards Leigha. The she-wolf laughed loudly and looked at the other luperci.

"My horse Archie says that he thinks you think he's a king or something," Leigha managed to get out, not being able to control her laughter. She leaned against her horse, swung her arm around his neck, and patted him close to his shoulder, both of them sharing laughs with each other.
[html]

+2

The white-furred girl made a protective move toward her horse, as if paranoid he was going to attack or something. To prevent her from panicking, he broadened his grin and let his movements become a little sloppier, as if his height was too much for him. He wasn’t the tallest luperci, just at the tall end of the average due to his large wolf genes. Most of his weight came from hidden muscle, thick fur, and of course the pudge of belly he’d never been able to get rid of.

Leigha introduced herself after a chuckle, and Ephraim nodded. He dipped his head slightly again. “The name’s Ephraim Fisher,” he said, “or Ephy if you want, I don’t mind.” He smiled at her horse again, deciding from its easy nature with her that it wasn’t one of the Tribe’s. He didn’t recognize the sturdy grey cob, anyway, and so he knew that he wouldn’t have to take the animal back. It filled him with a sense of relief, honestly. Horses could be damn stubborn animals depending on their personalities, especially ungelded stallions.

Though geldings could pack a punch, too. Ephraim was a prime example.

“What’s your horse’s name?” he asked, before sniffing the air more carefully. Now that he was paying attention, he could smell a familiar pack odor on her and the horse. His grin broadened—though this time genuine rather than a silly act. “You’re from d’Arte!” he exclaimed, not giving her time to answer the earlier question. “Do you know a Sky Rhiannon there?”

He glanced at the horse as it spoke to the wolf; apparently she knew enough low speech to communicate with it. Wanting to keep prey strictly from companionship, Ephraim had never bothered to learn the skill. His ears turned forward as the girl burst into laughter, hanging onto her horse in a half-hug, half-support while telling him what Archie had said.

“Is he a king?!” Ephraim asked, brown eyes widening. “Well, well—what’s his place in the herd?” He grinned. “I am but a lowly court jester.”

<style type="text/css">
.ephfisher b {font-weight:bold; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher t {font-style:italic; color:#eeffd3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #12210e; }
.ephfisher p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.ephfisher {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#48592a; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/kckug8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #12210e; padding: 10px 0px 360px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#83a54c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.ephfisher .ooc {margin:5px 0px 10px 0px; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
</style>[/html]