[M]sidestep insanity
[html]
WARNING This thread contains mature content with the general board rating of PG13 starting with the 1st post.

I am so happy to do this thread with you, I really think that Alaki is a cool character!  Oh and sometimes Aleo talks to himself, don't mind him.Yes I am using a primitive (very basic) HTML table...it's not very complex.( quote to see it) FORGIVE MY EPIC FAIL POST (I'm sure yours is awesome)

The tall man set down his rucksack with a sigh, his nomad ways really were getting the best of him. He tended to hang around the Ichika no Ho-en  borders much to an extent, he had planned on making the pack his home, the charcoal male had talked to a few if the members. When he had settled against a large rock, he opened his bag and grasped a large bottle of whiskey, twisted the cap off in a quick easy manner and proceeded to  take a swig. The burn of the hard liquor was familiar, he was kind of used to drinking alcohol. Aleo hadn't left things where he had last camped, every so often his eyes would flick around to see the area. The last time he had camped he had a bit of a run-in with an angry bear. He couldn't have that again.

The boy had cleaned and dressed his semi-fresh wounds, a long bandage was wrapped around his broad chest. There was no pain as they were scarring over. It was a wonder how the Luperci had had a few fights with large predators, as a yearling Aleo had a fight with a mountain lion. Thus he had many more scars covering his body. It was a good idea to keep his sword near, as anything could happen. As Aleo enjoyed the fine drink, he got thinking. What if he did make 'Souls his permanent home? Would he be happy?He hadn't been in Nova Scotia long, his migration from Germany was very much tiring and he knew; he had to get some rest. The effects of the alcohol were slowly making him feel subdued and well, tipsy. His violet eyes slowly closed and Aleo had the all familiar feeling that he was floating. He didn't have many friends yet, if someone were to pass by, maybe he could make some here but that was not one of his troubles, there was always time for that in the future. "Well Al, you've seemed to have found yourself a loner again. Great fucking job." At the last word, the dark coy-wolf smirked in a way and took another swig of the whiskey. He had plenty more in his bag, if he couldn't drink it tonight, tomorrow would be the star of the agenda.Yup, this is the life." It was at that moment that he had heard footfalls and his ears flicked to the direction. He didn't turn to see who it was, if he was acknowledged, he would acknowledge them. 

[/html]
[doHTMl]

WC: 638 - Enter grumpy-poo from a tree. And haha.... Alaki argues with himself alot.... thankfully only within his mind. And that was before he went a lil crazy o.o Although he no too crazy anymore ^^

This entire habit of defying and disobeying could not be a good sign, but rather a foolish indulgence of his. A kick or some kind of high; logic told him that Naniko was right, that he should remain within Anathema’s borders, fulfilling the duties of which his rank gave him, but the now unleashed reckless side of him rebelled against the idea of following orders, of confining himself within his own pack because of them. A small stream of rational thought had came to him just recently, the grey coated Rakeeb finally giving up his grandiose plans for revenge.. or atleast, immediate revenge. Blood was due to be spilt, traitors, betrayers and whores to be punished for their crimes, one way or another... but for now he would wait, draw them into a false sense of security, lull them into the belief that he had forgotten and then destroy the little happiness they had found; so foolish they were to cross him as such, they left him but no choice accept to show them who they were dealing with... and that time would come soon enough.

In a lazy motion, a leg sway gently as it hung free from the branch he was sat in. Weapons shifting in their various locations, strapped as they were to his body; their presence allowed him to feel confident and assured. Time had passed much since he'd climbed the tree to simply sit within it's shelter, to hide within it's maze of branches, all the while he'd remained alone and undisturbed; no foolish idiots he could take out pent up stress and his never ending anger onto, he couldn't help but wonder if he still carried his packs scent, after lingering in neutral territories and having washed in the a river that morning he doubted the scent was strong enough to indicated he was a member of the pack; only that he'd been there before.

Each day after his isolation he had been getting better, seemingly more stable; reason returned to him... atleast, as much as he had had before, and on the surface one may say he was back to normal. But within him his dark lust burned, desire for blood and killing remained barley controlled through training and venting out on inanimate objects; it was that or venting on live things, which apparently wasn't all that acceptable.

Sighing, he peered down into the distance... spotting something different in the lands beneath him. A wolf... from the air he smelt lightly of Jace's pack.... the packs name escaping his memory. Twisting slightly he reached above him to grasp a branch so he did not fall, the skin on his arm itching and tugging from where it was laced in self inflicted scratches, the wounds now healing slowly. Observing from his higher perch, he watched with amusement as the dark male drunk and spoke to himself, although he could not hear the spoken words he saw the males mouth open and close as if speaking, his mind trying to guess and figure what was being said, but ultimately failing, for from his distance he couldn't make finer details out.

Scooting to the edge of the branch, he fell down to the ground, a loud 'thud' announcing his presence and he slowly made his way towards the male. No reason or logic behind his actions, just the unconscious need for socialization and some form of companionship... after his breakdown he'd probably scared half the pack and so he'd stayed away from them, ashamed and embarrassed by his show of weakness. The temporary madness though, was a nice touch in his opinion. Moving to the male, he stopped, smirk upon his lips as he looked down at the other, his body displaying the usual air of dominance he moved with day in day out.

<style>
.kittyalaki1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.kittyalaki1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#c8c4ba; text-shadow:#c8c4ba 0px 0px 5px;}
.kittyalaki1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kittyalaki1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kittyalaki1 {background-color:#121211; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... alaki1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:1px solid #121211; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c8c4ba; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.kittyalaki1-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.kittyalaki1 .ft-separator{width:260px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: ^ ^ yes...it is short. My apologies! Sorry for my wonky table...I really need better ones!

[html]The man didn't hear the sounds of someone falling from a great height, but when he heard the footsteps he turned and found himself looking into the sapphire eyes of another man. Aleo looked up when a grey figure stood before him, his charcoal hands put down the bottle and the man found himself standing. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at the stranger for a moment, studying his posture and stance for any remote sign of aggression. The man decided that the man was just dominant, the corners of his lips pulled back in a small half smile. Aleo wasn't always one for witty or good introductions and he simply stated "I'm Aleo. I guess it's safe to say that I'm not from around here." the black male didn't exactly know how to be 'social' as he had next to no real friends. Aleo sat back down on the ground and made a gesture with his muzzle for the man to sit down. He smirked and reached into his bag. He pulled a small bottle of alcohol from his bag and held it out. "Y' want one? I've actually got a couple more" He took his up again and brought the bottle to his snout and drank the fiery liquid. Well, so far so good.

Aleo found himself wanting to make conversation, to talk to the stranger. "How long have you been in Nova Scotia? I just got here not a week ago." The man had wandered around for a while and tended to hang around Ichika. Maybe some day he would be a part of them. The man before him looked somewhat like himself, except the stranger had a lighter fur color, but other than that, not many differences. Aleo was almost as scarred as the wolf was, maybe from fights or just mishaps. His head was swirling and he found Nova Scotia after he had left Germany not a month ago. His past was bad, he still couldn't fight the memories of the massacre of his family. He had watched his sister die and be tortured. Aleo had found that te alcohol (temporarily) drowned the memories and guilt, but right now was just a leisurely drinking fest. Maybe the male would enjoy it with him.
 [/html]

[doHTMl]

WC: 386 - :3

Approaching the other his nose scrunched up, the scent of alcohol hitting him the closer he got. Although he'd considered doing so more than once, the Rakeeb never drank; alcohol, drugs or anything along such lines merely weakened ones senses, their reaction time and speed and left them vulnerable as well as delusional and reckless. But he understood why some people indulged in such stuff; the need to forget, to feel good for a moment or the wish for a boost in confidence. From his experiences with those who partook in such substances he had come to know and accept that others had their reasons drinking and such, and so he accepted their choices but did not ever join them.

Moving towards the other without concealing his presence in anyway, he stopped just short to where the dark stranger was stood, mimicking his posture slightly by folding his arms too, cocking an questioning eyebrow towards the other, confused by the dark males half smile. He hadn't done anything to please the male, nor had he made a point to welcome nor introduce himself and yet the other had smiled. Strange one he is. Following the others lead, he sat down two paces away from the other, keeping the distance close enough for possible conversation but with enough space between himself and the other so that he felt comfortable. “I don't drink” he responded simply, shaking his head slightly in rejection to the offered bottle and silently watched the other drown himself more in booze.

“I've probably been around here for a year now I guess?” he responded vaguely, not entirely sure of the answer himself, only knowing that he'd spent the last winter within Anathema and with the soon approaching winter he guessed it had roughly been a year now. From the first day he'd entered these lands he had been tied to Anathema and recently he'd been promoted to Rakeeb, and yet he didn't want to return there now, didn't want to be surrounded by memories of him and filled with the knowledge that he could do nothing but wait until Naniko allowed him to seek the filth out and exact his revenge. “So what brought you to Nova Scotia” he asked in an attempt to make conversation, purposely not introducing himself to the other.

<style>
.kittyalaki1 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.kittyalaki1-header {font-size:25px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:lowercase; color:#c8c4ba; text-shadow:#c8c4ba 0px 0px 5px;}
.kittyalaki1 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.kittyalaki1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.kittyalaki1 {background-color:#121211; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... alaki1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:1px solid #121211; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c8c4ba; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.kittyalaki1-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.kittyalaki1 .ft-separator{width:260px; border-bottom:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]Ugh, I have a killer migraine and this is the best I can do...I swear this is my absolute worst post ever!!!! I'm so sorry, facking headache killed my muse!

The male had shrugged when the man (who hadn't said his name but Aleo took no notice) said that he didn't want the drink. Aleo sat comfortably on the ground. He still didn't know all of te packs and areas around, oblivious to where the members were. After thinking of joining Ichika, he had made his mind up. Soon he would be a member. Very soon indeed. A dark hand placed the bottle on the ground. "I came from Germany...It was real hell there." He could recall the murder of his poor family, how he had lashed out and killed one of the attackers and crippled another one. He regretted it, but a dark part of his heart was elated that he had gotten his revenge. The coywolf frowned at the memory, it was unpleasant enough.

"So...Where you from?" The question was simple enough, easy to get out. He had a few friends around Ichika, Shiloh, Noah and Razekiel. He much enjoyed their company but being a loner made it difficult to do. Looking up at the grey man, he did start to wonder what his name was, who was he? No one that he knew for sure, being pretty new in the area. Everything about the man was unfamiliar, Aleo brushed away the slight suspicion and carried on. As if something was wrong, he didn't touch the alcohol for a while, watching the man. "So..." He trailed off suddenly in the awkward silence. Aleo straightened his posture to take a better look at the man, trying to see what they were doing. He saw no threat, but in a way this was slightly awkward. [/html]

[html]

Word Count → 521 :: Couldn't remember if this was set at night or not so i made it night? xD And sorry this sucks. My muse is down the drain atm >.<

Observing the other in silence he wondered why the dark coated male was drinking; to wash away his sorrows, to forget or simply for the sake of drinking? Although his curiosity begged to be sated he would not ask why, as to do so would be to pry into a strangers business and he cared little about the others life story. Having encountered those outside of Anathema here and there it had always struck him as strange how most were willing to quickly befriend and open up to those they knew nothing about. It seemed foolish to go blurting ones life story to someone he knew nothing about; the stranger could be a spy, a mass murderer, anything for all he knew. So he choose silent observation and kept all prying personal questions at bay and hoped to stick to small talk whilst the other drank himself into oblivion.

His pierced ear flicked slightly when the other placed the bottle down and his listened to the others explanation as to where he came from, finally pinning the accent down. Yet, despite the other saying this 'Germany' was hell he wondered how bad it could be; for wherever he went he had encountered death, brutal beatings and evil, yet he would never describe such places as hell... just lands plagued by evil canines. Still, he noted the males frown and could only assume that Germany was as bad as he was making it out to be. Following the conversation he had started the dark male inquired as to his own background and the grey coated Rakeeb paused to consider how best to answer the question. For he himself knew little of where he came from, only that his wondering had taken him to these lands, to Anathema and he hadn't left since. “All around really. No clue as to where I was born; for as long as I remember I was always on the move from one place to another” he shrugged, not bothering to go into any more detail than that.

Oblivious to social norms and changes in the mood and atmosphere of those around him he didn't feel awkward in the slightest, but his attention was drawn the the bottle still sat on the ground and he flashed an inquisitive look at the dark male. Having seen the other before he had approached he had assumed this 'Aleo' wouldn't stop drinking and would make good, unquestioning and brainless company as all drunks did. Yet the male was not drinking and would soon sober up. Sober wolves asked too many questions and all he wanted was to escape from his pack, past and himself. Racking his brain he tried to decide what to do and ended up blurting the first thing that came to mind.

“Is it me or does that tree look like a cow” he raised an arm and pointed at the tree in question; it's leaves and branches casting a funny shaped silhouette against the moon, a humorous grin settling upon his lips as the more he looked at the more he was sure it look like one.

<style type="text/css">
.keycrow001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#537c7d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1f2e2e 1px 1px 1px;}
.keycrow001 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:160px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:10px; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/k2xts3.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.keycrow001 p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keycrow001 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#537c7d;}
.keycrow001 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px;margin:0px;}
.keycrow001 {margin:5px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2d4c4c; background-image:url(http://i41.tinypic.com/2ugpcfb.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-top-left-radius:30px; border-top-right-radius:30px; padding:3px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b1417; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]