A Stranger Settles
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 000 :: Evening in the Village. New friends?

Settling into AniWaya was looking to be a bit harder than originally anticipated. Even with Maska gone, Teo still got the occasional stare for his obvious hybridism from some of the once-supporter types. He and Gemma had settled into one of the recently abandoned dens in the village, Camilla taking up residence nearby but on her own, Carissa keeping her company. That left Teo with a surprising amount of free time.

Gemma was still recovering from her upset back in Anathema, the night they'd left. That meant Teo spent time teaching her basic things; hints and tips when it came time to hunt, walking around the village and learning what they could from passer-bys and Claudius on the off chance that the boy had time and patience for them.

Teo had left early that evening, for a walk around the village, mostly to clear his head, but also to assit in case someone wanted some help with something.

He walked along, clad in winter clothes (his fur offered little protection to the elements during the winter, so a well-knit sweater, thick denim jeans, his leather boots and of course, a scarf), humming a gentle tune under his breath. His mother's lullaby to him as a child, always a reminder of home. I suppose... this is home now.

His mind wandered as he looked around at the village, walking along the main road. The scents here were so different from Anathema. Cleaner. Sweeter. Healthy and oddly calming, despite the recent war. Tension could still be felt around the senior members whenever Teo came around, but he supposed it was expected.

He was a stranger tying to make a home in a foreign place. Again.

"Hopefully this will be the last time." He murmured to himself, tucking his hands into his pockets and sighing tiredly.

<style type="text/css"> .teoflower .space {width:430px; height:400px; float:right;} .teoflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba; letter-spacing:1px;} .teoflower p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba;} .teoflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .teoflower {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2je357n.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c6dc; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .teoflower .name {color:#56a5ba; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Rancho'; text-align:left; text-indent:25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;} </style> [/html]
Ayasha had headed to the village for two main reasons. One was to see what was going on with Maska and his goons. The second was to see the newcomers. As a scout she had taken upon herself to know about each newcomer. Of course, she lost track of the guardians but hopefully they would all leave soon.

There was still an uneasy peace in the village and Ayasha wasn’t sure what she could do. It was hard to be anti-Maska and yet still have him here. When were they finally going to get rid of him? Plus, Claudius was apparently in charge. She felt that strange since he was only on the first tier of his rank but she chose not to question it.

It seemed like her latter mission was the one to be fulfilled. It was getting dark but she wasn’t bothered by it. She had often patrolled at night. But there was something strange about this man. He was white like her but seemed to be bundled up. She of course had no idea what albinism was so it was a bit strange to her but she wouldn’t say anything about. ”Hello there. I’m Ayasha, a scout of the second tier. Is there anything I can help you with?” She didn’t mention he was new but it was implied that she knew that he was new. But her tone was friendly and at ease.
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 000 :: ohai Big Grin

The presence of another white-furred canine made him instantly assume it to be Gemma. He glanced around and was about to tell the girl to get back inside and put clothes on, but upon a second glance, he managed to bite his tongue. This wasn't Gemma.

But they looked so much alike.

"Oh, uh, hi. I'm Matteo, Kunikoti." He introduced, turning to face the girl properly and nodding. "I was just looking around, getting used to the area." He shrugged, hands still in his pockets. "Have you been a tribe member very long, signorina?" Casual chit-chat. Always the best choice for a good first impression.

<style type="text/css"> .teoflower .space {width:430px; height:400px; float:right;} .teoflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba; letter-spacing:1px;} .teoflower p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;} .teoflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#56a5ba;} .teoflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .teoflower {margin:0px auto; width:90%; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i44.tinypic.com/2je357n.jpg); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c5c6dc; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .teoflower .name {color:#56a5ba; font-size:50px; font-family: 'Rancho'; text-align:left; text-indent:25px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;} </style> [/html]
Ayasha thought that he almost recognized her but then he realized that she wasn’t who he thought she was. But it was kind of funny. She had never been mistaken for someone else before. But then it had been awhile since she had met someone new. That was mostly because most people chose to stay away from AniWaya due to Maska. But she liked meeting new people.

The extent of her amusement was to grin bigger at him. She nodded at his name and committed it memory. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you, Matteo. What brought you to AniWaya?” She was curious what brought people to her home and this was no exception. She hoped that it was a happy reason but that would be a bit much to ask.

At having been a member long, she nodded. ”I’ve been here since I was two months old, so I’ve here for ten months.” She considered him getting used to the area. ”Need help settling in? I could show you around if you like?” She wanted to help the newest member settle in and get used to life here. ”Or I can answer any questions you might have about life here?”
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 000 :: Derpa.

The albino Trovato sniffed the air casually at her first question, what had brought him there in the first place. A long story and so hard to explain. He hummed. It's a long and complicated story. A lot of drama, really. He admitted, shrugging and exhaling through his nose.

Well how about you show me around and tell me the basics? My court and I have been settling in these past few days and it hasn't given us much time to learn more about the Tribe, y'know? It's a bit of a mystery to me, still. He smiled and flicked his head to the side, a very flamboyant little quirk he had. I don't suppose you'd mind giving me a tour, would you, signorina Ayasha?

Those his English was perfected now, the boy still had a noticable Italian accent. It laced each of his words with a certain foreign whisper, only adding to his strangeness. So out of place in AniWaya, but so desperate to fit in. Such a crazy life the boy had.

Ayasha could understand not wanting to tell a stranger why he left if it was because of drama. She didn’t want to pry into his personal life. She might have pushed him to tell her if she was younger, when her curiosity had no boundaries. But now that she was older, she knew when to keep her questions inside, or at least not as invasive. ”That’s alright. You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to.”

She cocked her head to the side at his use of the word “court.” What did that mean? ”What is your court?” But she did nod at showing him around and telling him the basics. ”Sure. I can tell you that we’re part of a larger group called the Great Tribe. And we’re big into respect, especially respecting nature.” She didn’t know if he knew about the war or not so she didn’t mention it. But she did giggle at his head toss. ”Of course, senor.” She thanked Leon for teaching her a bit of Spanish.

He seemed like he was a bit uneasy about speaking a little bit different language and with an accent. Well, she was used to Austral men and their accents so she was used to it. She mentioned him to follow her, getting ready to explain important places. ”What would you like to see?”
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 000 :: Admitting to the crime.

It wasn't that he didn't want to talk about it. Matteo wanted to share his troubles with someone, he really did, he hated bottling things up. Except he couldn't tell her. That would count as involving the pack in his trouble, wouldn't it? He'd promised Claudius not to involve the pack. It was a promise he intended to keep.

Except, as they started walking again, his mind wouldn't leave it alone. My Court? Heh. That's my intended mate. We haven't made anything official yet, but the woman I came with, Gemma... I'm courting her, in hopes she'll finally agree on making things official. He laughed softly at that, though he understood why they weren't official yet; too much drama to deal with for the time being. They'd settle soon, hopefully... it'd all be over soon.

Well, I'm a Kunikoti... I suppose that means I should know where people live and where to find medical things and what not. He murmured distractedly, not really caring about that at the moment.

A moment passed in silence from the boy, then he broke down to his mind's constant lingering. ...Actually, Ayasha... He started hesitantly, hands pushing deeper into his pockets. Gemma and I left Anathema because... because I broke a very important law there.

Teo's voice was strained. He hated to admit to breaking the law, hated to admit he'd made the wrong choice somewhere down the line. Which choice it was, leaving Alaki or taking him as his mate in the first place... he still wasn't sure which had been the mistake.

I left my mate. We would've been chased from the pack anyway, so we left in the night to avoid causing a scene. I don't know what's happening over there, but somehow I don't think it's good. He figured Alaki wouldn't have taken it well. The boy had always been so possessive, jealous and overreactive. Hopefully, though, he'd leave it at that and focus on his job as the Rakeeb of Anathema. Hopefully, this would all blow over. The banishment had been fufilled. There was nothing more that could be done... right? ...I'm worried that something bad will happen. I don't know what to do.

OOC: Feel free to PP Ayasha showing Teo around some.

IC: Ayasha cocked her head to the side as she considered what he said. ”So she like your girlfriend, then.” She nodded as she took in the name Gemma. Was that who he thought she was? Then this Gemma must have been white like her. ”What is she like?” She hoped that he would open up to her by talking about his love.

She nodded at wanting to know where everyone was. Her mind went over where everyone was. Though it was a little hard when so many people had left and others had returned. ”I’m not sure where everyone is. There was a war here not to long ago and many people left and I’m not sure if they came back or not. It’s been a bit confusing the last few days.” So the war was closer than a while ago. She would explain more it he asked.

His voice hit her ears and she turned to see him. As he explained why they left and that he and his love might be in trouble, she gave a slight growl. ”I’ll protect you! Why do they have such a rule? Why did you leave your mate?” The two questions were softer and gentler. She wanted to be sure of the situation. But she was serious about protecting him and Gemma. He sounded so broken and she helped those that were broken, like Shiloh.
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 000 :: Yeah.

Amazing. He summed it up easily when Ayasha asked him what Gemma was like. Go figure, the boy was still a sucker for love and romance.

In the end, Ayasha instantly offered to help. He blinked in surprise and his steps faltered, ears flicking up and eyes focusing. Ah... He wouldn't turn her down just yet, though. ...well. Gemma had given birth to our kids not long before. It had been a rough time, though, so my son and daughter didn't make it. Neither did the second girl. Jaden, though... he was sick, but he lived for a few weeks at least. He murmured, feeling a pang of hurt at the mention of the deceased children.

He died a few days ago. Gemma didn't take it well. I guess it opened my eyes to who mattered more to me. Alaki... my ex... he was always so busy with work, never paid me a second glance. It was like I was his housewife or something. A hint of a snarl curled the albino's upper lip. But...

Calm agian. But with Gemma, I'm suddenly on equal ground. I've never had to beg her permission for somthing or worry if I'm acting right around her. I can be myself.

In other words, ...I guess I made the wrong decision in taking Alaki as my mate. Times were hard, then. He'd come home bloodied and broken and I thought that if I took him as my mate, I'd never lose him again. I thought it was the right thing to do, but it was a decision made on teenage emotion. In other words, an honest mistake.

She had to smile at his description of his love. It was simple and rather inadequate, for her, yet was very telling. Ayasha didn’t pursue a better description of Gemma. His description was fine with her. She had to wonder what Liam told people about her. Did he call her amazing or something similar? She wasn’t sure. But she would like to know. Shich reminded her that she should go visit him.

But Teo’s voice cut through her thoughts again and she listened to what had happened to his pups. Her ear pinned against her head and she frowned slightly. ”I’m sorry, Matteo.” She couldn’t really say anything else. She had never lost her children since she couldn’t have children yet. But she would sympathize with his pain.

Teo went on and talked about making bad mistakes and that this Alaki. He seemed rather needy and selfish. ”I…I’m sorry.” She frowned but in thought this time. ”Did he ever hurt you or Gemma?” She would be very angry if this man had laid a hand on her now tribemates. ”Is there anything I do to help you? I can do some fighting.” She was willing to help her tribemates in any way possible.
[html]
Matteo Trovato

Word Count → 000 :: Angst and Frustration.

...no, but I have a bad feeling he wouldn't hesitate to kill either of us at this point. He admitted, not really thinking much of her concern. Then she offered to help and he turned abruptly to face her.

No. Alaki was the head of the warriors before he became their beta. I've seen him fight. Ayasha, don't even think about going up against him. ...that would be my fight, anyway. His voice was stern, denying her any argument if he could help it. He'd hate to see the pretty young girl with barely any scars end up battered or worse... dead... because of his own stupidity. He'd never forgive himself.

...but... maybe there's a way you can help me without putting you in danger. He murmured. I haven't sparred since I was a pup. I could use some practice. Anything you could teach me? He was thinking things over as he spoke. Matteo had been trained by his father when he was young, how to hold his own in a fight.

Except, his father hadn't taught him how to hold his own against a katana-weilding homocidal maniac. He could use a sword, knives, even his own two fists if he had to, but his skill wasn't anywhere near as good as Alaki's.

Maybe if he learned a few more things, practiced for a few days, constant training... maybe then, he'd be able to hold his own against the vengeful wolf. After all, he knew all of Alaki's weak points. He knew where the male had been injured once, in the chest. One slip up and Teo could probably hit that spot square on... and then...

...and then he'd die.

What a horrible feeling. The boy's face twisted with horror for a moment at the thought, ears pinning back and tail curling into his legs. If it came down to it, would Teo really be able to kill his beloved knight? ...if he's out to kill me, why should I treat him any different? ...Shit. He covered his eyes with one of his hands and growled in frustration, obviously lost in his thoughts for a moment. ...Ayasha, who's the best fighter in AniWaya? He had to at least be ready. Alaki would come for him. That much he knew for certain.

When he did, Teo would be ready for him.

OOC: I fail at making people wait on threads Sad

IC: Ayasha was happy that his ex-mate didn’t hurt him. ”That’s good.” But the fact was this man was dangerous to Teo and Gemma. And Ayasha would defend them with all that she had in her. They were now family and she didn’t like it when her family was threatened. But she apparently was not allowed to.

As Teo said no, she wanted to pout but didn’t. She was beyond that and didn’t use that to get her way anymore. But at least he would let her help him. She nodded at sparring with him. ”I can show you how to use his attacks against and use speed and stealth to your advantage. I can also spar with you.”

She watched his face contort with extreme fear for some reason and swear. But he asked her a question and she needed to respond. ”J’adore is the only warrior in the tribe and several of us have fought in the war.” She was willing to help him in anyway she could. This Alaki would find a cold and dangerous welcome awaiting him when, not if, he came for Matteo and Gemma. Ayasha would help see to it, even if she couldn’t fight Alaki.