free firebird
[html]

WC - 423 :: Crappy post. >>

The foothills of the Halcyon Mountain were still, save for one individual loping steadily across the land toward the forested area coating the southern half of the range. Vesper was out and about for the first time in a few days, deciding to breach the limits she’d set since her injuries had landed her in Inferni. She had not been on the mountain in some time even before the attack, instead opting to spend her time in the northern forests where the prey was plentiful and the footing less treacherous. Now, however, she was revisiting the gradual incline of the wooded area again—no longer as a loner padding across neutral ground, but a clan coyote scoping out the area beyond her territory.

It was strange, to be like this—to categorize the land as not hers. Then again, it had never truly been hers, could never truly belong to anybody, even if a pack did set foot here. She understood guarding boundaries and jealously claiming territory for the sake of feeding a pack, but the land was more like a friend to her. Memories surfaced as she started up the slopes, sniffing at the bushes and at the crossing scents of other canines as well as their prey. Once a fresh rabbit track crossed her path, but she ignored it and went onward. She had eaten back home—what a strange word—and wanted to test her halfling shape’s endurance anyway.

The sun was at such an angle that the outcroppings and tree branches above were jet black silhouettes. A bird briefly crossed in front of the orange disk, outlined in radiant fire before moving across the blue sky. Her blue eyes followed it, squinting harshly, before she turned north again. She felt strong enough to keep going, encouraged by the lack of pain in her scars as her body moved quickly in ways that it hadn’t in a while.

She was glad that the secui form was quadrupedal. It didn’t take as much getting used to as the optime did. She knew she’d never be able to best this mountain on two legs; she could barely even defend herself. The training she’d done with Ezekiel came back to her, fresh as a new bruise, and Vesper slowed to a stop, plopping down on a broad patch of dirt and letting her tongue loll. Perhaps she’d ease up on her body for a while—at least until restlessness claimed her again. It had been much too long since she’d wandered like this.

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 321 words. .Suppose Vesper might hear them laughing?

This would be a short, meaningful trip. Nothing more than a hunt through the bountiful lands of the North to help build the stock of food for her family. At least this is what she forced upon herself time and time again with every step taken further from Ichika and deeper into the Mountains. A form swollen with muscle with shoes of callous paws would be the ideal choice to brave the relentless terrain and keep her ready should the scent of fodder send her on the tracking path. It was the form she had traveled many seasons in and as she became reacquainted with it again, she felt comfortable, 'at home' as a wolf within the beauty of nature.

Her cherished guide had refused to take flight acting as her scout as he always did, but favored clinging to her back as he rode, his form more plump as he sank into his fluffy down. The woman didn't complain, but what a sight it must have been to see a bird, small in comparison, riding the back of the golden death dealer. The thought alone made her smile and as she shared it with him, it too made the owl hoot humorously. Their good humor reinforced the other til the woman was left giggling at nothing and her companion was singing to his heart's content.

They meandered through the through the rough terrain, no hurrying steps to bring them closer to what ever destination may be, but careful bounds ascending both wolf and owl up the subtle facade of the mountain. The Nomad breathed deeply the scent of the wild, the richness of the earth not claimed by pack but free to all to venture to their leisure. It was not long ago that she embraced lands like this as her eternal home. But now, her chosen home resided at her back, waiting with open arms for her successful return.

[/html]
[html]

WC - 332 :: <3

Vesper closed her eyes and drank it all in—the warmth of the soil against her pale belly as well as the scent of interesting things moving hidden through the undergrowth. It was a nice day to travel, and not for the first time recently, the hybrid was in a high mood. Only weeks ago, she had been in agony and terror, fighting off her first shift. Now that she had found acceptance, however, she was much more content. She didn’t need the praise of the Inferni coyotes to feel whole, of course, but to be among company she respected brightened her outlook on life. She dared to say that the entire world wasn’t full of idiots.

Realizing what arrogant trail her thoughts had wandered on, the tawny secui female let out a chuckle. The quiet laughter fell from her jaws only to echo unexpectedly from above her—no, someone else’s laughter. The sounds of canine mirth were accompanied by the hoot of an owl, something she didn’t expect to hear together or at this time of day.

Curious, she rose to all four light-colored paws and began to wander up the steep slope again, her muscles working smoothly underneath a tattered hide. Her large ears swiveled forward at last, and she froze when she saw the auburn wolf with the owl perched on her back.

“X’yrin,” Vesper barked, and a short howl accompanied her greeting as she bounded forward—only one leap, ending in a quick skid of her paws as she realized what she was doing.

She was glad to see the Nomad again, and to see that she looked healthy—absolutely gorgeous, in fact, gold glistening in her tiger’s eye pelt. Her tongue swept once along her dry mouth before she realized how she must look: not only covered in scabbing, mostly-healed wounds, but also considerably larger in a form she had only recently gained.

How would the Exultare recognize her like this—reeking of luperci and reeking of clan?

<style type="text/css">
.angryvesp b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp t {font-style:italic; color:#9a658d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1b364d 1px 1px 1px;}
.angryvesp {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#2c597f; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/1zme93o.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c2cdcd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 413 words. Big Grin

Their peaceful walk continued without interruption, save for an occasional hoot from the nameless owl before he again settled into his folds. The woman's thoughts were no longer on him, but of the male she had left back in Ichika. Her heart would flutter now each time her thoughts turned to him as opposed to the painful longing she had suffered before their reunion. She would not help by smile and sigh adoringly, like a smitten pup blessed with first love. But such a word was not understood by her, a connection had yet to be bridged from one idea to the other. Yet, she knew how she felt... but not what it was called.

None the less she let her mind pleasantly wonder, chasing fanciful ideas when her paws should have been chasing prey. Then a bark detoured her thoughts, her head whipping around toward the origin of the voice. The familiar octave had long since been heard, but she recognized it despite the time apart. Elated the woman bounded toward her kindred spirit to meet her half way, nearly forgetting the body attached to her back before she was brought skidding into an abruptly halt. Her sense of boundary was nil as her like form approached the other, tail high and waving in friendly greeting as she came forward to grace the other's ear with a harmless nip of endearment. "Vesper!" She exclaimed. "It is good to see you, my friend." Upon her back the owl cried, his attempt at a nap now disturbed by the jarring ride from his excited steed. Still sheltered by his down, his gleaming orange gaze peered at the scarred female carefully.

The warrior could hardly keep still. She danced around the newly attained body of the kindred soul whining with delight for their coming together under Fate's direction. Though dizzying circled were brought to a sudden pause, her towering form growing rigid as the collective smell of wolves was fully inhaled; the smell of pack. And upon this realization, another was found as the woman's eyes truly opened to the heavily massed form before her. Curiously her crown tipped to the side before righting again just as the first tendrils of auburn bangs touched her nose. "You were not always like this..." she stated in observation. The longer she stared, the more apparent the scars upon the other's body became. Some of the wounds still fresh and healing. "My friend, what has happened to you?"

[/html]
[html]

WC - 272 :: Sorry for the wait. It took me forever to be able to produce a post for this - and it isn't a good one, either. xD

Her name was called in turn as X’yrin noticed her presence. She leaped toward her with the owl still perched on her back—a comical sight, especially coupled with the irritation on the bird’s part—then came in close to place a playful nip on her ear. It was strange to have the Nomad name her as “friend,” but the word was fitting enough considering the mutual respect the wanderers had for each other.

Not that Vesper was much of a wanderer anymore. She had been grinning crookedly as the auburn woman circled close around her, but then realization dawned on the Exultare as she remarked on her change. Blue eyes downcast suddenly, Vesper took a step back to isolate herself.

“A fight,” the coywolf admitted. “A really bad fight—I became luperci because of all the blood.” While she burned inwardly at the transformation forced upon her, however, it was only her own anger. No one could judge her for changing into something against her will.

With slightly more reluctance, she admitted, “A clan of coyotes took me in, treated my wounds. I decided to stay with them.” Reflexively, she glanced back over her shoulder down the mountain, where Inferni territory lay somewhere in the Waste and the forests of the north.

Her eyes returned to X’yrin’s amber ones, and she felt oddly self-conscious and ashamed. While she had been careful in choosing who she ran amongst—coyotes she could respect, coyotes that would respect her independence—it might have been seen as simply throwing away the traveler’s gift to the Nomad.

Or maybe she was reading too much into this.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 437 Words

The look of shame upon the woman's face had the Nomad frowning in concern. There was no reason for her to look away or wear the face of shame. She was the victim in this; a part of Fate's design. Though tragic the circumstances that befell her, there was nothing she could do in the grand scheme of things. X'yrin lifted her head and woofed soundly in gesture that her companion do the same. She listened on as she spoke of the coyote clan, having yet to run across them herself. She had no ill will against the selective group, but as the same time did not harbor the same curiosity to seek them out. She simply tilted her head, an ear perked with interest. The silence of the Nomad stretched only so far before her hastily committed vow was tarnished with question.

"They must be your pack now," the inflection of her voice was subtle, leaving room to be corrected should her assumption be wrong. Kindly, she smiled to her injured friend. "Truth be told, I too found a family. Quite a shock considered our last meeting and my words of the Endless Path." Quite the hypocrite she had made herself to be, talking about the beauty of the never ending road, then settling within a pack herself. She held no shame for her decision, though. In fact she was quite proud of it. The compromise she had found for herself... the bond of a nurturing community and the open world still at her disposal, made her feel this decision was all the more worthwhile. "But I will tell you this," she continued, still brandishing her elated smile. "It was not an easy decision. It was only recently my choice proved it worth." She felt the sudden sharp pluck of a beak against the back of her head. The awakened bird now thoroughly agitated from all the excitable talk.

X'yrin rounding her head back to the owl, making a comical sight as wet nose and sharp beak were poised at each other as both stared at the other with deadly sights. "But of course there are days I find myself at ends with my choice. Had I not joined Ichika, perhaps this devil fowl wouldn't have found me." Mentioned bird lightly nipped at her protruding nose, screeching as if to contest her foolish claim. Ignoring him, she returned her gentle gaze to Vesper, once again looking over her healing form. "But tell me, how have you taken to your new changes? Are you able to walk on two legs yet? Or is your body still healing?"

[/html]
[html]

WC - 489

X’yrin frowned at her admission then woofed an encouragement, a nonverbal order to keep her chin up, and it teased the faintest and weakest of smiles on the shamed hybrid’s lips. She nodded lightly to confirm that Inferni had become her pack, but that nod quickly ended and her eyes widened as X’yrin spoke of a group she too had decided to stay with. The humiliation flooded away from her, to think that the Nomad who had told her of the wonders of travel, who had been so pure in her beliefs, had too settled down. But Vesper would not judge the other; she hated being judged for her actions, even if she feared it sometimes, and she could understand the upsides of staying with a group.

“It’s nice to feel like you belong somewhere, and insurance when you feel unsafe,” Vesper murmured, “even if you don’t need it. Especially if you don’t need it. I didn’t make my choice lightly, either.” She smiled again, wondering if X’yrin had been able to find the balance of freedom and shelter like she had—or like she hoped she had. Truth be told, she had not made herself completely involved in Inferni yet, though it was mostly a matter of her short time there. Perhaps she’d be more tied to the pack as she remained, with more expected of her—but not yet. Now she was able to cross between worlds, even if she didn’t cross very far in either direction.

The Exultare woman set her sights on the eagle owl perched on her back, and the she-yote’s faint smile curled into an amused smirk. She regarded the bird curiously as X’y explained that it had found her. Did it serve a similar purpose to the hawk-man’s bird she had chased over the hills? It did seem to be just as much of a character as Tobias, at least.

“How’d you come together?” Vesper asked, settling on her haunches. “Does the owl have a name or special purpose?” She wasn’t sure if it was a simple companion animal or a hunter’s tool. Her logical mind leaned toward accepting the latter, but she’d come to learn that luperci were unusually fond of animals that would otherwise be viewed as food or competition.

The hybrid shrugged her muscular secui shoulders at the question, trying to hide her warmth at being cared for. “I’ve mostly healed, and I’ve tried out the two-legged form off and on. I’ll always be more comfortable how I was born, but there are advantages that I can’t ignore to the others.” She glanced down at herself, knowing this comparatively bulky body wouldn’t be as easily knocked around as the lupus one. It might be useful for a foe as fast as her. “I…kind of freaked out, the first shift.” She wasn’t sure why the confession had popped from her mouth, as it was a memory she would rather repress.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 608 Words.

Reflected within the woman’s amber gaze was a kind of contentment for the newly transformed. Carefully she folded down to her haunches with ears attentively tuned to the past wanderer’s relatable experience. A sense of belonging was a blessing few partook in. With some effort it could have been achieved, but she had known a handful that had aspired for the most part of their lives to find a place where they felt secure and belonged… and never saw the fruits of their labor. X’yrin believed herself, and now Vesper, as the fortunate souls that found this bliss and smiled for Fate’s blessing to the female. “I am truly glad.”

Unable to suit himself to his companion’s shift in posture, the nameless bird took flight, purposefully smacking the side of her head as his wings unfurled. Growling, the woman took a harmless snap at his plume, missing by several inches and instead caught a malted feather as it was dislodged. She spat it out, tongue flailing in disgust. “Oh don’t mind that devil fowl,” she growls softly, feigning anger toward her elusive guide. “He has no name as of yet, since he refuses to tell me. But I am almost certain his purpose is to annoy me to death.” And as the words were uttered, a body of crème plumage plummeted into the woman’s face and a mad torrent of dark, speckled wings proceeded to bat her defensively face senseless. Surprisingly, the X’yrin made no move to dismiss him, rather sat awkwardly back as her form underwent its sound change. Bone and muscle realigned, favoring the bipedal form she had become used to. She remained seated though now her lengthy limbs were curled beneath her heavy frame with an arm extended for support behind her. The owl batted on til at last an umber paw snatched the bird by its down. Her hold was delicate but firm to keep him from swinging anymore at her. Defiantly, he squawked, at last wriggling out of her hold and propped himself upon her shoulder, turning his head in a show of dismissal.

“But when he is not being a nuisance,” she woman continued without further disruption. “He is my eye of the sky and scouts ahead for me.” She lifted a claw to the owl’s beak allowing him to ease his frustration through tentative nibbles. “I was told that it is not uncommon to be blessed my animals like this, that they act as guides and teach us things. I haven’t learned yet what my companion here will teach me,” she looked to the bird fondly. “But I hope he will soon.”

Soon enough, Vesper’s confession had changed her tune. Her calm smile splitting into an amused grin as she imagined the sight of the woman taking to her first change. “It is nothing to be embarrassed about,” she assured her, tail gently patting the ground. “Truthfully, I was terrified. As a pup, I was not told what would happen when I came of age or how painful it would be at first. It was quite a surprise when I could not resist the urge to change. In my earlier seasons I had just assumed that some magic was cast upon the two-legged walkers by the High Shepard and had hoped to receive the same gift. When I did change, however, I came to realize this was not the case and felt horrible for going on about trying to receive the Shepard’s gift.” She extended her hand to the Secui female. “I suppose in this instance you really have received this. Now it is for you to embrace in all forms.”

[/html]
[html]

WC - 579

X’yrin stated that she was glad, and Vesper was touched by the genuineness to the statement. Too long a loner, she was not used to others caring about her experiences and triumphs. Even her mother had not praised her when she started learning to hunt for herself, too busy caring for her poltroon sister to dote for long on the elder twin’s achievements. It was strange, but she pushed her slightly vulnerable emotions away.

She laughed at the owl’s antics and at the amber woman spitting down. It was a testy relationship, she could see, but the irritation in the former Nomad’s voice veiled a sort of odd affection. The bird attacked anew then, and Vesper leaped back with tail wagging as she watched. She might have rescued her friend if the owl meant harm, but right now she was content to watch as X’y made a transformation to better get the better of the owl. Her umber-gloved arm reached up to grab the creature, who admitted defeat by perching on her shoulder rather than batting her with his speckled wings anymore.

Vesper nodded at her continuing explanation. “I’ve met a wolf who had a hawk scout before,” she said, “though it wasn’t really a guide. Just as pigheaded, though.” Regarding the pair through contentedly hooded blue eyes, she murmured wryly, “Perhaps he will teach you tolerance.” She was surprised that X’y hadn’t fought the bird off, though perhaps she had only become resigned to its presence rather than actively welcoming it.

The older woman assured Vesper that she shouldn’t be ashamed for her panic, and the coywolf dipped her head as she listened to her own experience. Mention of the Shepard’s gift made her blink and lift her muzzle, but it made sense for one who hadn’t been sat down and talked to about the change. She saw her own transformation as a curse that had stolen away her old life, but she could see also how it had become a gift—an unwanted gift, but something she could definitely work to her advantage. She had gained more than she had lost.

A paw was offered to her, and the tawny female smiled slightly before letting her pale lids fall. She urged on the shift, which took time with her inexperience but was not as scary or painful as it had been the first time. She saw her lengthening arms as extensions rather than new appendages, and even though the crackle of her spine as it arched upward was as uncomfortable as always, she found herself looking forward to the release.

Vesper looked down at herself reflexively, her tawny and scarred body slender but lacking in curves, though slightly more nourished than it had been the first time. Her eyes fell from her shoulder along her arm, and at last she did what she’d meant to do when first changing—touched the other woman’s hand with her own, white fingers against dark.

“Maybe with time I can embrace this,” she admitted. “It’s still so strange, and it will never be as comfortable as the form I was born in, but I want to find some way to work this to my advantage.” She reached her arm back, scratching her fingers through her fluffy but cropped mane in a luxurious gesture before her hands found her unsubstantial hips in a parody of how she’d seen other women stand. “Though I’m about as graceful as a one-legged frog like this.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 387 Words.

It shouldn’t have surprised her to hear that there was another with a companion animal like herself. Hadn’t Shiloh professed this was somewhat of a common thing? The woman turned to her Eagle Owl, eyes looking past his speckled form to envision what he would have looked like as one of the great hawks. It would have been quite unique, but not as attractive to carry on her shoulder. The owl was much more subtle. More easily taken by the eyes and was rewarded with a secure sense of protection rather than threat. She smiled at the bird affectionately, earning a soft ‘hoot’ in return. “If tolerance is his lesson, it could have been better done without so much biting.” The nameless bird ruffled his feathers in obvious disagreement.

X’yrin’s words appeared to have reached her friend as she watched the shaky transformation unfold. There was some resistance from one form to the other, not as seamless as what came with seasons of practice. The Nomad had faith that in time Vesper would become used to the transformations and she would fully see the use of her many forms just as she had. Pale digits delicately touched her own darkened glove which curled fondly around the newly formed hand. Without relying too much of the other’s support, X’yrin pulled herself to stand to her fullest. She shifted a leg back to support her towering frame and keep herself and the perched owl balanced.

She could agree with the strangeness of this form, but born Luperci as opposed to not, all forms seemed natural to her. The Secui was simply the one that made her feel more so given her time travelling with the Nomads. “Oh I do understand.” Then her ears perked at the expressed interest of utilizing this two-legged form. “You should learn the art of combat,” she suggested without missing a beat, her tail wagging as she did so. “What better way to bring out this form’s potential than through the combative arts. To walk and run in this form is one thing, but the arts will expand beyond those limitations and teach you to maneuver in ways the four-legged forms cannot.” The woman giggled at her companion’s display. “Your own form of grace would evolve, one that others could not match even if taught.”

[/html]
[html]

WC - 327 :: Your avatar is so gorgeous. <3

The antics of owl and wolf made her smirk. Since coming to Nova Scotia and being exposed to the customs of the luperci, Vesper had come to see other animals as being good or useful companions—though she still did not appreciate the folly of keeping “pets” that did not serve even a minor purpose. She appreciated Inferni in that regard, as the horses there were for riding rather than gossiping with, as much as she hated the grass-eaters. And the odd relationship between the avian and canine before her was too humorous to frown about.

Umber fingers curled lightly around her pale ones, and Vesper met the other’s gaze as X’yrin lifted herself to her feet. She was much taller than the hybrid, who looked the other’s frame over with slightly heated ears and a mixture of attraction and simple frustration for her own size. It never seemed as bad in the four-legged shapes, but she had to tilt her head back to look at the other properly. She hid her emotions the best she could, though, not wanting the Exultare to do anything she wouldn’t normally for her benefit.

The golden-rust woman mentioned combat, and Vesper’s ears perked up at the word with obvious enthusiasm. She had been extremely sore after the practice sessions with her Aquila; Ezekiel had definitely not gone easy on her, though she hadn’t expected or wanted him to. It had helped her immensely even though she was still a novice in this form, prone to over thinking some move and failing to execute even the most basic ones.

“I would love to sharpen my skills,” the coywolf said, grinning. “Or at least be able to defend myself basically in this shape—I’m not always going to be prepared for battle when someone else wants it.” She realized after a moment what direction this conversation could be headed, and she tilted her head at the other female. “Would you teach me?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 328 Words. ^_^ thank you. Painted it myself.

The Nomad warrior was too pleased to see the interest alight in her companion’s eyes. Nothing filled her with as much joy and meeting a kindred spirit enraptured by the combative art. It was not an easy practice by far, but it was so rewarding long term. Her smile only grew, her hand still clasped around Vesper’s own tighten only slightly in assurance, before letting the limb gently fall away from her grasp.

“It is not so much being prepared for another’s engagement,” she professed with experience in her kind tone. “But being confident enough in your own skill to make the first move if need be. Being prepared comes from accepting that you will be the attacked, as opposed to the attacker. With this mentality, no matter the situation, you have already lost.” There was so much more she could have delved into on the topic, but felt there was little need at the present moment. This was put an introduction into the vast, violent world of combat. Though her particular practice involved the diversion of hostile energy, it did not mean the dealing out violent energy herself was not included. Before such routes were taken, the Nomad had to be certain her friend knew what she asked for.

The hand released but moments ago was suddenly taken again by a light, but firm grasp. The warm amber gaze of the woman peered down into soft sky hues, her muzzle wearing an endearing smile. “I could teach you movement, how to execute and repel, but it is contingent upon your confidence. If you think you will fail, then you will fail. If you think you will succeed, even if your attack was reflected or missed, I promise you it will follow through none the less. My friend, I can teach you whatever you want to learn, but you must shed the doubt you have of your form and let your instinct reign. It will not fail you.”

[/html]
[html]

WC - 364 :: ^^

The seemingly unconditional acceptance from the strong woman made the she-yote’s heart soar. She would still have to get used to this, but for now, she allowed herself to be simply happy, relishing the warmth transferred between their paws before X’yrin lowered hers. She spoke then of preparation and the difference between attacking and being attacked, and Vesper pricked her ears with obvious attention as she listened. It was something that she had not quite considered before; she had always assumed that first moves were often the rasher ones, at least in her own silly experience as a wild yearling. However, the state of mind of sitting and waiting for an attack was one she could understand the downsides of, and she nodded quickly—her hand tapping her head lightly in the gesture for understanding that she had communicated with their first rendezvous.

It was Ezekiel’s words that came back to her as her new mentor continued to offer her advice: “You should always fight to kill; even when we spar, you must think I am trying to kill you.”

While X’yrin was not urging her to want to kill, she was urging her to want to be able to attack confidently rather than be a passive force in conflict, and the two states of mind were similar. Practicing with her Aquila, Vesper had not been fighting to better herself—she had been fighting for her life, which made success far more important than if she were casual about the affair.

X’yrin grasped her hand again, and Vesper smiled at her softly, nodding once more in understanding. “I find I do well in the moment,” she said, thinking of her fast-paced movements and thinking when Ezekiel was fighting her. She had failed horribly at most of the attacks, but she hadn’t given up and had practiced moves even after he’d left. “I believe my body will surprise me when the time comes.” She would get used to it in time, so long as she could think of it as herself rather than this alien frame she had been placed into—extensions, not attachments.

Vesper looked warmly but seriously at the woman, ready to begin.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: 330 Words. wooooo! Looks like a date! After your post, feel free to assume X'yrin leaves, unless you'd like me to post again afterward. Smile

The anticipation was evident within those glowing eyes, which warmed the heart of the Nomad Exultare. Her words were not only grasped, but adhered. It was as though she was watching the store of information take place one word at a time, and such attention granted her a fulfillment few pleasures in her life had. Though it was a bittersweet sensation. For as Vesper became more enthralled, her entire form perspiring with the desire to commence, X’yrin knew it could not take place here and now.

Her own mission had only just begun. Her self-employed task was no so easily forgotten simply because a more attractive offer presented itself. For the good of the pack, her comrades awaiting her successful return with food to stock, she had to set this lesson for another date. “And I am sure it will,” she replied softly, her digits reluctantly releasing her companion’s lighter hand. “But I am afraid your first lesson will have to be on another day. I have a task to complete,” she explained, bringing a hand to her head and tapped it lightly to inquire her dear friend’s understanding. “But you will not have to wait long, I promise. Once I have begun the caches for our winter stock I will find you, and then we can continue this lesson if you still desire it.”

The begin the role of parting was never a favored task for the woman. Even if the promise to meet was laid in place, it did little to ease the sever brought on by separation. But like all matters of life, this too would be endured and before they knew it, they would be reunited by a common purpose. The Nomad dipped her front in a subtle bow of the Nomads' farewell, upon her shoulder her nameless owl spanned his wings to keep balance, hooting in dismay for his now moving perch. “I look forward to seeing you again, Vesper. We will meet again.”

[/html]
[html]

WC - 203 :: It is done. Big Grin And just lemme know when the next thread'll be.

X’yrin agreed with her but spoke in the future tense—which caused the alertness to melt from Vesper’s body. She found herself faintly disappointed at first, but mention of a task made her eyes widen and her muzzle dip in a nod. She made the sign of understanding, suddenly becoming aware that the pair of wanderers did not stand here as completely wolves anymore. Free spirits they may be, but she knew that neither of them would completely neglect their responsibilities.

“I wish you and Ichika no Ho-en luck in preparing for winter,” the coywolf said honestly. She knew that they were the northernmost pack, and winter would be rough for them on the mountains. X’yrin, Kiara—there were friends there that she didn’t want to lose, and by association, much of the rest of the pack was important as well.

She copied the bow slightly, smiling as she remembered that the Nomads did not say goodbye. “We will meet again,” she echoed instead. “It should not be too hard to find me; I’ll be in the area.” She stood with a slight smile on her lips, watching the Exultare leave before turning herself, walking carefully back down the mountain trail back home.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]