Bread And Circuses
[html]

IT'S HELOTES' LITTLE BRO! 
He's 50% coyote, I will edit after when I decide a rank (it won't be long!)  Same with the co-rank!!
Lupus form: this is horribly rambly please forgive me!

Wordcount →431

Days had quickly passed in Jacinto's life in the short while the hybrid had arrived in 'Souls territory. His simple intent was to keep the promise he had made to Helotes months ago. His mother had been sickly and the illness took her life. The male held a certain dislike to his father, he had  neglected being a caring or even nurturing father. If he could find Helotes, he would break the news to him about what the outcome had been.  Meanwhile, his older sister was busy hunting near the camp, catching their meals, insisting that Jacinto was to small to bring down larger prey. Of course the masculine wasn't offended, Illusion had said it kindly and truthfully: he already knew that. Life was progressing at a staggering pace.

It was that time of early evening when the body gets weary, the mind grows restless. He was in his Lupus form, preferring the speed and agility acquired from that particular form. His memories of adolescence were mostly of his father talking about his family in 'Souls land. The pack that they were mostly concentrated into. He spoke of coyotes or hybrids of coyote descent living in a place called Inferni. He talked a lot in those days, the only real interaction with them other than driving them away from the lands and letting them back in. Helotes had probably left for there. A few red objects caught Jacinto's orange eyes, laying motionless on the rock covered carpet of the land. There were scattered bones littered around, all seemed to have paintbrush-strokes and were most likely used as a warning. The smell of other canines lingered in the air and Jacinto knew that he was near a pack. From everything that the male had heard his father recall and talk about, this was Inferni. His older brother's scent mixed with the smells of other canines. He turned to look at a skull of a large canine and felt intimidated to think that these warnings were put up, it was their purpose to scare and warn away intruders. The sharp bone-white teeth if the skull grinned up at the hybrid and he stepped cautiously to the border. A long call sounded from his lean muzzle, if anyone answered then he would ask if Helotes resided here. His rump lowered to the earth slowly, wondering if the right choice was made. If his sibling did indeed live here, then the boy would go back to Illusion and tell the woman to join Inferni with him. A promise made must be kept. His fiery eyes every so often would search the terra firma for anyone. The waiting began, would anyone answer his request?

Table by Aly, code by the Mentors!

<style>
.jacinto-strum { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JK1HG.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#235064; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 303px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.jacinto-strum b {color:#add9ed; }
.jacinto-strum p { color:#06202c; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.jacinto-strum p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.jacinto-strum .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.jacinto-strum .wordcount {color:#add9ed; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

(406)

Myrika is by me!

Myrika had been paying close attention to the borders as of late. The scout's path was honorable enough, and she had chosen it as her own, moving from Praeses to Vigiles. Now, she was Caelum of the pack -- a staggeringly sudden change of rank, to be sure, but one she felt good enough holding. It filled the rusty-hued canine with a sense of pride, though she still could not assuage the feeling she'd been promoted based on blood rather than talent. Then again, she had a horse, and she had been especially careful to look their perimeter -- it wasn't as if she had stagnated completely and received a promotion, was it?

In any case, the rusty-hued woman did not feel the decisions of her leadership were hers to contest. It was kind of nice, being high up in the hierarchy -- not that Myrika ever abused such powers. Still, it was good to be respected, even if Infernians didn't tend to fawn all over their superiors. Excessive submission would have made the red-haired woman uncomfortable as all hell, anyway -- she didn't need someone to grovel over her feet, after all, and she suspected the remainder of the coyote clan was much the same.

Eira moved steadily beneath her, and the reddish woman's body swayed with the horse's movement. The steady sounds of the horse's hooves against the ground filled the Caelum's ears, and she daydreamed of the grayscale woman. She had seen nothing of her since that fateful encounter in the D'Neville, which was troubling, to say the least. Had Myri scared her off? The hybrid couldn't help thinking these thoughts; it was a long moment before she realized Eira had ceased moving, and they were a few feet in front of a stranger. She hadn't even heard the newcomer's howl.

Ah! Hi, she yelped, her ears folding flat in embarrassment. I'm sorry -- I was daydreaming, she explained, backing Eira up a few steps and sliding down swiftly from the saddle. She tapped the horse on the rump, and the blue roan moved off a few feet, bending her head to crop at the grass. Most of it was winter-dead, but there were a few patches of green in the world yet, and the horse would seek them out like a targeted missile, no doubt.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Co-Rank: Loquor Rank: Imaginifer This is so cool...My post sucks...

Word Count → 000

The lilac and sunfire colors of evening had shown, painting the sky many various shades of different hues. It was quite a marvellous sight to see. Orange eyes gazed dreamily up to the fiery sky, obviously enthralled by the beauty. At that very moment, the male had felt small. The man heard something approaching, but made no notice until the source of the footfalls was practically above his small form. He jumped back a few feet, surprised in many different ways. The hybrid craned his neck to see who it was and saw a face of a blue roan, a woman stammered apologies and he brushed them away. "No, it's fine. I do that sometimes too." His voice came with lower volume than normal, speaking to beings that he didn't know was a little intimidating. Jacinto waved his dark tipped tail slowly, a reminder that the female wasn't the cause of his shyness, that it was his problem. His mind drifted to his brother, if indeed Helotes lived here, then the Lykoi male would try to make his home in the territories of Inferni. He realized suddenly after a small moment of silence that he must've been rude to the woman. "My name's Jacinto Lykoi...I-I was wondering about someone who might live here." Jacinto lowered his head in a subconscious display of strength and size. "His name is Helotes, he's my brother. Does he live here or anround here by any chance?" His large ears perked in curiosity, soon enough he would find his family. Many seemed to live around the area, but most were not known to the four-toned man. He had te impulse to shift back to Optime, but the idea vanished, he enjoyed his current shifting form better. He looked up at the rust-colored female and stood up, finishing his sentence. "'Cause if he does, I'm thinking of joining here in Inferni..." A gentle smile crossed his canine face, he wasn't any harm to anyone. Although Jacinto would be pretty useless as a warrior at his size.

Returning to the earthen carpet of soil and grass, the man sighed. He was doing this without Illusion. But sometime the man would have to prove that he could do things by himself, he couldn't be known as "the runt" for the rest of his life, right? Jacinto's decision was written in stone. If this female could tell him that his brother resided in the territory, then he would want to make Inferni his home. For the moment, the male was emotionless, unable to know how to feel. It was as if he was being very foreign to the woman. That wasn't his usual attitude and he instinctively pinned his dust colored ears to his skull, a sign of apology. "I'm not sure what to do...I'm not sure what to say." The young hybrid stayed silent for a couple of moments, watching the horse graze in peace.

<style>
.jacinto-strum { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JK1HG.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#235064; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 303px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.jacinto-strum p { color:#06202c; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.jacinto-strum p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.jacinto-strum .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.jacinto-strum .wordcount {color:#add9ed; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #8c8c8c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

(344)
That be the AWESOME of Inferni and the Lykoi you are basking in. c; <3 And your post was delish, shush you. Big Grin

Myrika is by me!

Thankfully, the stranger didn't seem too upset by her blunder, and the horse hadn't frightened him, either. Myri knew there were probably some backward folk out there who looked at horses as nothing more than another meal; this one didn't seem to be one of them. Though she towered over his four-legged form, the Optime woman realized she was crouching ever so slightly, making tiny efforts to lower herself and appear smaller. It was not an instinct of submission -- it was just how tall she was. She felt awkwardly huge at all times , and their difference of form only served to accentuate that awkward feeling. He explained himself quickly, and Myrika nodded, happy to get the business underway.

When he seemed quite finished, she nodded, about to speak -- however, Jacinto then seemed apologetic, his chocolate ears sweeping back into his mane. The Caelum smiled reassuringly, and spoke her piece. Helotes lives here, yeah -- and something like fifteen other relatives you've probably never heard of, she said, her tone airy and rather amused. I'm Myrika Tears -- probably your cousin, she guessed, rolling a shoulder in a shrug. He did seem a fair bit older than she was, but the russet-hued woman did not think they were half-siblings. He was too close in age to her own mother.

I'd relax -- I spent a long time worrying about joining here, but it turned out great, she said, relaying her own long tale succinctly. In truth, it had been months of dithering back and forth over whether to come to these very borders. Then, acceptance had been over and done with before Myrika had a chance to even get nervous. What can you do for Inferni? Your skills, I mean, she added, eager to get the questioning underway. I'll call for a leader when we're done, and I'll introduce you -- if you want, I mean, she offered. Sometimes she ended up introducing newcomers and their skills anyway -- it depended on what Sage or Ezekiel would ask.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
}
#myrikaSie p {
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
}
}
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
#myrikaSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Usually my posts suck though...I take it back about my last post...THIS ONE SUCKS! It's shorter and less nice.

Word Count → to afraid to count...

The dusty male chuckled at Myrika's words. "I guess I have more family than I thought here." Jacinto felt almost welcomed by this female, there was no hostility or even a trace of sarcasm in her voice. His dark tipped tail thumped against the ground as she mentioned Helote's name and that he lived within the lands. "Right. Thanks." He hoped that Columbine, his eldest brother wasn't anywhere around the area, he already had suffered a few wounds from his brother. "So...You've been living here for a while?" If she was family, then Jacinto would be curious about the lineages and relations in the Lykoi family. Chocolate ears twitched at every sound, the birds were quieting and the insect's droning was dying out. The hybrid was grateful that Myrika was friendly and wanting to help.

At her question about his skills, he twitched. What was he good at? What could he do to help Inferni? Being of a small frame for a male, it restricted him to only a few things."I-I can work...I can train horses. I don't know what else. I tried healing, I tried to help my mother but she died." Mango tinted eyes lowered shyly, he could try other things in the future, but at the moment he remained untalented. He could work with many things, wood, leather, and a variety of different materials. A warrior would be a useless rank for himself, as he would be embarrassing to the pack. He was skilled with working with animals, his gentle nature came in handy.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

(366)
You're too hard on yourself. o:

Myrika is by me!

The rusty-hued coyote had felt much the same. The amount and number of family here -- family she hadn't known even existed -- was truly mind-boggling, almost dizzying. Jacinto didn't seem bothered by it or impressed either way, and that was good. Myri wasn't sure she would have known how to react to either thing, and she much preferred the most neutral reaction. A smile crossed her rust-splashed muzzle, and she nodded. Since... the beginning of the summer, I guess, she thought, considering. It hasn't been too long. I like it quite well, she said, her smile growing a bit more broad. It faltered as he continued, however, speaking of his mother and her death.

Ah, I'm sorry, she offered, both ears turning backward in appeasement. I've lost my mother, too. I don't remember her really well, the woman explained. Rachias was a faint memory, warm and distant all at once. Myri wondered if she would ever meet her mother as an adult -- for all she knew, the woman might have passed on by now. But -- hey, this is why we have all the rest of this family, right? Fill in those gaps, she said, though her laughter was half-hearted. Myri was not so sure she believed that. Some of this family was wholly good and she would like them -- Jacinto seemed to be falling into that category already -- but others? She was not certain, not at all.

Anyway, it'll be good to have another hand with the horses. Inferni has a lot of good animals. Well... no point in delaying, I guess, the coyote said, figuring she'd gleaned all that was necessary from her cousin. It was unlikely he'd be turned away, in any case -- Inferni seemed very much about its own blood, and Jacinto carried the most hallowed surname within the clan. The tall woman took a polite few steps away from the chocolate-hued male, tilting her head to the quickly darkening sky and offering a call to their leaders. It would be night soon, and Jacinto would want to get settled into his new home before total darkness set in.

<style>
#myrikaSie {
}
#myrikaSie p {
}
#myrikaSie p.sieImage {
}
}
#myrikaSie .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]
The savage in man is never
quite eradicated

Obviously Jaci can reply before Myri to answer his question. :>

Word Count »

With night approaching, Ezekiel’s patrol drew to an end. He had gone his usual route, stopping only to drink from various streams. He had not eaten since the morning, but his size accounted for that. Lean as he was, Ezekiel rarely needed more than a large bird unless he was busy with training. Max’s days off were blessed things. The boy outweighed him now and likely would outweigh the rest of the clan too. With any luck, though, Max’s heritage would be the last of the mostly wolfish members that lived within Inferni.

Myrika’s call came from south of him, and Ezekiel quickened his pace to a jog. In truth, he loved running. It was something he did daily, though he did so away from the clan’s eyes. The air of impassiveness and a dangerous calm was one he sought to display. It would do no good to be worn out and wind-blown from his own wild runs. As such, he slowed as his cousin’s scent grew stronger, and walked the final distance.

He found the tawny girl with a curiously dark coyote. An orange streak, along with the mark on his arm, told Ezekiel everything else. The scent too, was familiar. “More family?” He asked to Myrika, though his eyes remained on the boy.

<style>
@import url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... s/zeke.css);
</style>
[/html]
[html]

that I could be, but I am flailing and trying my hardest on this post...but if is not good. Sorry for the delay, the snow caused the power to go out!!

Word Count → >>>

He seemed to enjoy Myrika's company, the man did sure hope that there were more family in Inferni that were as friendly. "Yeah...Sounds like a lot of cousins here. I hope that it does fill in that small gap. Even if I don't know them..." A smile grew on his face, happy to know that he could be accepted as one of the family in Inferni. Prior to Myrika's call, a new smell came with the breeze, a male coyote appeared. He watched as the male approached, he knew this was one of the leaders. He smiled shyly at the man's question. "I'm Jacinto Lykoi. Helotes is my brother. I came here to see if I could join. I guess I have family here." The male nodded at his own words, they had sounded correct. He did want to be a part of Inferni, that he did. He looked at Myrika to see if he was doing okay.  

Orange eyes looked upon the male, the leader with respect. He did too respect Myrika for being friendly and helping him out. So there he sat, unable to know what else to do. He didn't know much of this, he had been born into a pack rather than joining one. He had left a few things at the camp near the border, maybe sometime he could go back and retrieve the wares. 

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

The russet woman was relatively new at this scouting job. The vast majority of it was ridiculously simplistic, so much so that Myrika thought it impossible to do wrong unless brain-dead. Most of her time was spent simply looping the borders, a task she probably would have done even without the scout's duties. Eira needed her exercise somehow, after all. The most intensive and unfamiliar part of the job came when a newcomer showed up. Myrika didn't quite know what to do with those seeking to join the clan; she was never certain if the questions she posed were the right ones. Time would tell, she supposed, and as they waited for Ezekiel, she contemplated how she might improve upon her job.

The Aquila made his presence known in only a brief span of time, and the rusty-haired woman ducked her head to him briefly, remaining silent so Jacinto might answer his query. Upon responding, however, the orange-haired male fell silent again, apparently content to speak when spoken to. The Caelum frowned, stepping forward a bit to take over for him. I've asked Jacinto his skills. He works with horses, and may have some talent with medical pursuits, she offered, toward her new-found cousin with a reassuring smile.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
#myriNat p {
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

Obviously Jaci can reply before Myri to answer his question. :>

Word Count »

There was something about the stranger-cousin that Ezekiel found…well, almost feminine. He was not as loud or obnoxious as his brother was (though never to Ezekiel, at least not yet) and he had not risen either. Still, Ezekiel did not think this was a fault. There was little that the scarred Aquila took fault with, despite his religious upbringing . With a glance to Myrika, he listened to her and did not fail to notice that she seemed comfortable around him already.

“We do have several horses here,” Ezekiel said, looking back to the orange-hued coyote. “You’ll find most of them near the Mansion. Your brother has one now, so you might run into him there as well.” One hand rose and brushed across the scars on his arm, suddenly finding them irritable. He glanced around, eyes sharp and ears high. Only once he had reassured himself there was no phantom lurking in the gloom did he look back to the pair. “I only require your loyalty, and that if the need comes, you will fight for this clan. Inferni’s blood flows in all who wear that star,” he went on, a thin smile crossing his face. “You would defend it if I asked?”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

that I could be, but I am flailing and trying my hardest on this post...but if is not good. Sorry for the delay, the snow caused the power to go out!!

Word Count → >>>

The man nodded as Myrika introduced him, happy that she was helping him out. The big question came from the coyote man. Of course he would fight for Inferni and his family, if anyone was in trouble, he would try the best he could to defend them. "Yes. Of course I would. I am not the biggest or the best fighter, but I would try everything in my power if someone needed help. So if you asked, I would." These words were said with truth, Jacinto meant them. The dusty hybrid knew that most of his family resided within Inferni, if possible he would fight.

Jacinto hoped that he would fit into Inferni well, be able to be respected fir what he can do, not what he can't do. He felt comfortable around Myrika, who was probably somewhere in his family, but the relation not known. Soon enough he would meet Helotes around here, things looked good for the hybrid. So a small smile crossed his lips, hoping that the leader was considering the joining. Would Myrika show him around?

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
quite eradicated

Word Count »

There was little doubt that someone would fight for their blood, their family—Ezekiel only hoped that there would not be a need for such a thing, but he was a realist. One day war would come, and it would cut them down. He would have to bury another boy in the ground and watch his family suffer. Amber eyes turned over the dusky man, and listened to his words, and doubted there was a lie in there. He had come this far after his brother, after all.

“That’s all I ask. You’ll likely find Helotes soon enough. If you follow this trail,” he gestured to one of many, which branched off and headed towards the east. “It will take you near our caves. Head further east and you’ll find the Mansion. You can settle in either.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to Inferni!RANKS · SITE · WIKI · NEWS

Remember:

• Inferni’s ranks are based on character behavior and activity. Read over our Rank Information for hierarchy information -- approach the higher ranked canines in your tier, and try interact with them. To choose a tier, simply mention it in our Maintenance thread. If you do not choose a tier, the leaders will pick one based on your character’s in-game behavior.

As a new member, why not:

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!