algiz
[html]
So Salvia (along with Wisteria, who I am NPCing) is aiming to take down a bull elk. Their rut (mating season) is ongoing, which means the males are out and about more and equally more aggressive. If three other members join, we can count this as a pack thread (which is +10 points!). As this is going to be a stalk-wear down-kill sequence, lupus form is suggested, but is not required!
+3

It had begun to snow only a little while ago. Salvia did not mind the cold, having been born in the season, and given the heredity to survive in such conditions. Likewise, she was pleased that her hunting companion was the same. Now nearly full grown, the lynx matched her speed and silence (and in truth, succeeded her in this latter half) as they tracked. They had been doing this almost daily, in order to keep both of their skills ready. Today, though, Salvia had a bigger goal in mind—while the two of them often brought in several small kills and feasted readily, she was after an elk.

This was why she had returned towards the residencies. Wisteria had been the first person she had found. Her aunt was large in comparison to the girl, and for this reason, Salvia had asked her to come along on the hunt. She had agreed only once Salvia explained her desire to be the striker and take the kill; Wisteria was not reckless and did not wish to harm herself going after a bull elk.

What about your father? Is he around?

“I think he and Sirius are off somewhere,” Salvia replied, and shrugged one shoulder. “Besides, I want to do this without them. I think it will help me prove myself,” she added slyly, hardly oblivious to her aunt’s desire to climb the ranks.

Wisteria smiled. How about a slave? We could take one of them.

The blonde girl snorted bullishly. “Which one? The cripple, the old folks, or the stupid one? Hardly. I’d take that new girl I found but she’s in no shape to do anything.”

That is a shame. Give me a moment.

Salvia nodded and settled onto her haunches. While Wisteria returned into her home to shift down to her lupus form, the girl pondered calling for further aid.

<style type="text/css">
.saltext b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saltext .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-face:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.saltext p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 1px; margin:0px;}
.saltext {margin:0px auto; width:85%; background-color:none; background-image:url(); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saltext .separator{width:0px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>#hrafnic { font-family: 'Lato', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color:#444; text-align:justify; width:600px; padding:15px; padding-top:0px; font-size:13px; } #hrafnooc { font-style:italic; text-align:left; width:600px; font-size:12px; color:#336699; }</style>
Word count — 319 · +3 300+ words 35 points (32 prev count)
Eeeeee!

Eris had explained a few things about life in Salsola and provided him with names of those prominent to her within the family; such as Sirius, and her mate and children. This did not mean he still wasn't a stranger to the family though and he certainly felt like one, wandering the ruins and passing by one unfamiliar face after another.

The brown agouti male had left the cabins behind, feeling more comfortable around the ruins and away from the slaves, for he still wasn't sure how he felt about them. He instead hoped to find a suitable place to set up his own home and shop, asking Eris permission to explore the currently unoccupied areas of the ruins so he would know where he would want to settle once he earned the right to make a home for himself amongst the family. He had wandered for some time when it began to snow, though his soft thick fur prevented him to feel the chill of the oncoming winter he still instinctively sought shelter.

As always Hrafn carried his quiver and bow, slung across his shoulders and back, and he knew he would have to cover the top of his quiver so the wood would not get too wet. It was then that his bright blue eyes caught sight of a female in her lupus form, with pale fur and dark guard-hairs along her spine and tail, eyes an intense green. Hrafn remembered Eris describing her children; it was Salvia, at least he was partially sure of that. Approaching slowly for he was still a stranger to most, he smiled, merle features lighting up.

"Eris daughter," he stated more then asked, "Salvia?" Feeling awkward standing at his 7'4" height around such a short statured wolf he crouched, yet unawares of the other female in a building nearby. "I'm Hrafn," he introduced—pronouncing it RAH-vn as was proper.

[/html]
ooc: Liliya in Optime to start til she knows there's a hunt. Word count and table I'll do after. (Not home right now!) Smile

---------

Over half of her project was done and this was a thing to be proud of. An entire dock had gone up in the bay thanks to her hand - her craftsmanship - and some help from her pack. Now all of her effort was focused on creating the water craft that would actually transport them across the river. She wanted to construct a raft first, because that would go together quickly and relatively simply and at least get the pack to the island, a boat could come later. Yet she had heard whisperings that the pack desired a cable ferry, and now the Russo woman had a new project to ponder. She wondered if she should bypass the raft all together, a ferry being somewhat simple in construction but still demanding some specialty parts. Many of the pack - including members of the Family - offered to help her in her hunt for materials, and she thought she might spread the word on a few necessary items so her project might be done sooner.

And judging by the chill that ran down her back, that better be quite soon.

The coywolf woman shuddered as she walked, the bite of the cooling air sluicing beneath her pelt. The wind had a sting to it all its own, but she thought it was probably because she'd just been used to warmer weather. Back in the mother country they would have to wait out treacherous, unrelenting storms. This mild weather was nothing compared to Russia. She shook her head softly, banishing the thought of cold from her mind and returning her thoughts to that of her work. She needed to find some sort of note pad and pen if she were to effectively communicate her needs to the pack. She could explain the items, but she thought not everyone would understand what a pulley system was or how to recognize it. It might be best if she drew a rudimentary picture for those who dealt with traders.

"Hmf?" a wordless noise escaped the woman as her large ears perked, cupping to receive the sound of voices. Someone was nearby, in the residential district that she now paced. Well, this was good. Maybe it would be someone like Odessa, or Denver, or even the Dark Lady. Perhaps they could help her.

It wasn't long before she rounded a building and her emotionless gray eyes fell upon the pair of Salsoans. One was familiar and a member of the Family, the other she did not know. For a moment it made her fur prickle, her hair stand up on end. Was this someone new she didn't know or was this a trespasser accosting the Eternity child? Liliya rushed over to them, clearing her throat as she approached, coming nearer to Salvia than the stranger. Though her fears were soon stamped when she noticed the stranger held the scent of Salsoa. If anything, he had been here for a time, and Liliya knew that tresspassers didn't stick around in Salsoa long enough to gain the pack's scent. At least, not unless they were pinned to the walls...

"Hallo," she greeted, her voice dripping with thick Russian syllables. "Is everythingk well?"
[html]

Alright, since it's just the three of us we do not get any extra points, but wheee hunting is fun anyway Big Grin

A tall man began to approach her. Salvia instinctively stiffened, though she had no reason to fear strangers here. Sirius would not allow anyone this deep into the territory without knowing them, without making them well aware of whom it was these lands belonged to. Salsola’s leadership was bound in her blood. One day, she aimed to rise to the height of this kingdom and rule as they did. She did not speak this aloud; she recognized that eagerness could be perceived as a threat.

The man spoke her blood-title, and her name. She eased. Even if he was a danger, Salvia was not alone—but she was a vicious girl more than capable of defending her own life. Trained and experienced in combat now, she was more than confident in her abilities. Yet another voice rose and Salvia turned one ear towards the noise. The obvious accent was a dead giveaway of the woman. Her eyes remained focused on the stranger, who was wise enough not to look her in the face.

“I believe so,” she said with ease, settling back on her haunches. “Though since you’re both here,” she finally turned her gaze to Liliya, clearly expecting her to greet her properly. “There’s a herd of elk not too far from here. My aunt and I were going to hunt, and could use the aid.”

Behind them, the cloth entrance of Wisteria’s home flapped as she emerged. In her lupus form, she was massive and towered over Salvia by a full foot. The white she-wolf eyeballed both of the new figures quietly, observing them with tact.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]