You don't need to hide, my friend.
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Big Grin

Her eyes found the surroundings to be particularly pleasing this time of year; it had been lightly snowing all night, leaving Anathema’s territory with a slight dusting of white. It would melt by the time the sun would rise to the middle of the sky, but it was beautiful to look at right now nonetheless. Naniko often found beauty in odd places and in odd things; to her, her cave home was the most gorgeous thing that she had ever seen. The way that the firelight flickered across the golden walls, the cool stone floor beneath her feet…even the nearly constant howling of the caves was a welcoming sound to her alabaster ears. It was her home, where she and her pack lived and worked together each day.

The usually gruff female was not good at sharing her emotions with other canines, and she wondered if they knew how much she appreciated them and the work that they did. She would have to remind herself to praise them more often, especially those who had occupied rank tiers. Those were canines who were truly working hard for the benefit of the pack. Caring for animals, protecting the borders, keeping the fires lit so that the cave dwellers could see…each role had an important place in the life of the Anathema pack.

Naniko blended in with the snow a bit as she padded through Dawn’s Breath and past the borders of her pack. She wanted to explore the areas just outside of the borders, primarily the Dampwoods, to search for different sorts of prey animals. She’d had the idea of trying to domesticate reindeer or moose in the area for riding and so that they could do work for the pack (pulling and clearing trees, clearing boulders) but hadn’t been able to locate a herd yet.

The female was in optime form, her preferred form, her hair plaited into one long braid that hung over her shoulder in front of her. She wore no clothing, her only adornment being a necklace that her daughter had made for her, her gris-gris, and a plain weapons-belt that was cinched tightly around her curvy waist. Upon it were her usual weapons: two poison-tipped daggers, one ceremonial dagger for the Rite of Agares (the blood-sharing joining ritual that each pack member went through when they came to live in Anathema), and one long axe. Jade eyes looked about at the surroundings before fixing back to the land in front of her, feet moving quietly over the snow as she inhaled, trying to find the scent of any nearby moose.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

And of course, because we have lord of the rings and the golden compass thrown in here, we also had to add A Game Of Thrones…so much for originality. wc; 748

He was still disorientated, and more than a little embarrassed. His emerald eyes narrowed through a thin gauze of mist. There was an old saying where he was from, the gypsy’s used to mutter the old ways and verses at times like these. What was it?

Winter is coming.

Of course. It wasn’t a phrase that was easily forgotten. It had sort of an eeriness to it, as if the words were alive. The phrase had always sent shudders through Frodo- he’d never quite understood why. Perhaps he finally did understand now, though. Last winter he’d been in a place with a much warmer climate that here, but he’d heard tales of the snow and the ice, and the cold. The cold killed people. People like him, Frodo added to his thoughts with a grimace, clenching his stiff fingers around the reins of his horse to steady himself. Frodo was more vulnerable in his current state. The two wolves had helped him regain some strength, and helped him take his mouth to water, but he wasn’t the same. On the outside he was almost-healthy but his insides had rubbed raw of emotion, and he was only just claiming back the strength to be happy again.

The curly furred, black, auburn, and gold marked male squeezed his mount with the tiniest of nudges, and the lively fellow was back at a canter again. They hadn’t galloped since Frodo had fallen, for though the horse was now well rested, well fed, and strong enough for galloping, Frodo was not. He’d lost his confidence for the day, and wished more than anything to just find home. But Mr Silvertongue had simply no idea if he was on the right trail or not, and his skill at tracking all together seemed to be lacking. The male was made to feel small, because he was usually great at tracking, and hunting. Physically, he actually was quite small; not that small - more average in height - but small looking nonetheless with his skinny frame, and narrow shoulders. Frodo rode his steed for about ten minutes more before finally declaring them both lost. It was getting colder, so Frodo reached down into a saddle bag, and pulled out his clock, wrapping it around himself tightly. He spotted a lone figure a few meters ahead, and this gave him hope. He dismounted in one fluent movement, and locked his eyes on the figure. He however turned round to glare at his horse as it let out a protesting whinny at the thought of his boy approaching a stranger. Strider was not a fan of wolves that were not Frodo. Shush your cakehole Strider. I dun wanna hear anything moving, anything speaking, squeaking, or meandering, even a mouse’s fart, so to speak. Frodo muttered to his companion. He grabbed the horse‘s bridle and attempted to walk up to the femme. Strider pulled at the bridle harshly in response. Naughty. We’re gettin outa these woods pronto, ‘soon have this bridy-bridle off, no more than a jiffy. But we keep it on, captain, till we get home. Frodo growled, in a somehow lively manor, to his horse.

The horse and wolf-man cautiously started walking a large circle, and then attempted to approach Naniko from the front. It was not a good idea approaching a stranger from the back, they would fear you were a backstabber! When Frodo first started to make out the form that stood in the cold breeze, he realised with a jolt it was a tall, powerful looking woman. This one’s gonna be tricky, you hear? Match me, Sidney. he left one last comment for his horse to mull over, and then finally got close enough to see the femme eye-to-eye. Frodo always looked people in the eyes, and it was nice to see she had her own orbs a similar striking shade of jade as he had his. She was attractive, in a stern looking way, Frodo noted. Ello there miss. I’m Frodo. Frodo Silvertongue. Something of a loner and something of an AniWayan. At your service in a thrice, I do declare. he gave her a wolfish, slightly shy and reserved smile, holding out a slender, but strong hand for her to shake. His eyes twinkled now. I’ve had my peepers searching for my ex-pack for a while, but I’m lost, you got me? Don’t suppose you’d know the way?

<style>
.frodo-t98 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.frodo-t98 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.frodo-t98 b {color:#008019; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.frodo-t98 {background-color:#D8B872; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/frodo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#65532C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

I have yet to see Game of Thrones! But I've been wanting to ^^ I've heard it's really good.

To say that she did not trust the lesser beasts would be an understatement. The canine did not believe that she could place her life in the hands of another animal, a horse or moose or any creature that she did not trust explicitly. Naniko was able to speak the language of the lower beasts, but did so very rarely and only when absolutely necessary. If she wanted, she could communicate with any mount that she would get...perhaps that would lessen her stress on the subject. She simply could not imagine trusting anyone but herself to keep her safe. A horse could buck its rider off if it chose, or run away in the face of danger, exposing its rider's back to possible arrows or weapon strikes. These were things that she considered in her decision of a mount. Mooses...she didn't know what they would do in the face of danger. They were much larger than horses, and slightly more aggressive from what she had viewed in the past. Maybe they would make better war-animals.

Not that she was interested in warring with anybody. She was simply the type to think ahead and be prepared for things that could come in the future. Naniko tried to avoid conflict if she could, a bit of a coward as far as fighting went. She had size on her side but not much actual skill; this was why she used poison-tipped daggers. If she could land one good hit, then the opponent wouldn't be able to fight for much longer. Theodore had trained her a bit before he had left, but she hadn't found anyone else to advise her in that area beyond his lessons. Her size was another reason why she felt an equine might not be the best choice for her; it was unlikely that she could find one that could support her weight comfortably, unless it was a very large breed.

Her nose caught the scent of the strange just as he came into view atop his own horse. He immediately dismounted and looked toward her, and she felt a slight chill when his eyes passed over her. Naniko did not come nearer to the outsider, unsure of what her stature ought to be on this unclaimed territory. She instead waited for him to come closer to her and approach her. When he did, she raised her hand in a simple greeting. He didn't seem to be hostile, speaking to her in a light and cheerful tone. Was he from around here? She wasn't certain if her own native Canadian accent different from his way of speaking until he said a few more words. "Naniko D'Angelo" She said after he introduced himself. "And who's this beautiful creature?" She asked, pointing back to his steed.

It would appear that he was lost - very lost, if he was looking for AniWaya. Alaki had only recently returned from his trek out to visit the other packs in the area, AniWaya included, and it was a smell that she recognized well. Dawali had visited her before, along with a few other AniWayans over the year they had been occupying the mountain. The scent was recognizable on his pelt, but at the same time she could smell a few other things mixed into it. He extended his hand to her and it took her a moment to realize what she ought to do; it wasn't often that one asked to shake her hand any more. She got a few bows, a few submissive postures...or nothing at all, usually. The female did not need a show of respect from each pack member; she was fairly easygoing, in some aspects. "You're pretty far off...AniWaya is a few days' travel to the South. I've met Dawali before..he seemed very respectable" She said, offering a hesitant smile.

Frodo had said that he was at her service, and she wondered for a moment about what that entailed, exactly. "But you're at my service, hmm? A lost fellow like yourself might need a bit of help from others, not the other way around, in my opinion. I've got some food hidden nearby" Naniko offered. She often hid food in areas around the border, as some days she spent hours and hours out trekking the area. It was nice to have something frozen to dig up and chow down on when one didn't have the time or desire to go out and hunt. "My packs' borders aren't far from here...I bury food for the days when I spend a lot of time scouting the borders" She explained.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

It's a good book, and a good tv series. They say "winter is coming!" a lot and like to kill off main characters Tongue wc; 995

If Frodo had known her intentions of finding and capturing a moose, he’d have quite a thing or two to say about it. Moose were wild animals, plain and simple. You could have said wolves were wild animals a good couple of decades ago, but behold they were not really true wolves anymore. They were what was left of man, at least, that’s what Frodo was brought up to believe. But the truth was, it took time to develop their species to what they were today. Horses had been selectively bred for years to develop the traits that their riders and masters wanted them to have. Moose were only loyal to their herds; if you got a female it would most likely die in a quivering insanity before a couple of days, and a male would only boisterously destroy everything near to it. Not only would this lady have a big trouble catching one, she’d have years of training on her hands and not enough time. Perhaps she would succeed if she found a baby to rear, but it was also an impossible task to even attempt to ride a trained wild animal if you knew nothing of riding already. Frodo did not know whether she had rode before, but it took quite a lot of practice to get at a comfortable stage, and he knew that the moment that he - and others - had sat on a horse, they’d formed a longing and want for the creatures for the rest of their lives. There would be plenty of breeds large enough to carry the luperci that stood before Frodo now, and she would be much better off with a majestic creature such as a horse, that she could connect with silently like Frodo did Strider.

The curly furred male smiled at her tentatively. When he approached, she held up a hand in greeting and in return he nodded his head. When they were standing eye to eye, he realised she was a tad taller than him, but that was only to be expected. She spoke to him then, and he felt at ease. Nice name. Nice girl. Pleased to meet you. I shoulda brought flowers or chocolates or a dead mouse. he grinned, good natured and of innocent intentions as always. His grin spread wider as she acknowledged the horse that stood beside him, perhaps a few more footsteps away than Frodo was to the femme. Strider stood stiffly, lingering like the wolf’s shadow. Ah. This here’s Strider. I’ll warn you, he takes some getting used to, but it’s a gift of the gab, the wagging tongue that’ll get him to like you, so to speak. Mind you, he knows the word beautiful, you might be half way up the platter-form to friendship already, skipper! sometimes his voice was quite hard to understand. The femme spoke clear, and smooth, wheras he was rough around the edges.

She was to think the truth when thinking he still smelt a tad like AniWaya. But yeah, he did smell very different as well. He smelt of sea salt, and sand, and pine trees, and there was a bit of blood mixed in there too. When she next spoke to him, it made him tense up, and it was obvious he was upset about AniWaya being so far away. A few days south, you say? I don‘t Adam and Eve it! he scratched his head, and then moved his hand to rub the prickling scars on his back precociously. Had our hearts set on getting there by night fall, didn’t we, skipper? he looked to his steed, but then waved a hand dismissively. Yes, Dawali is a good man, my girl. I didn’t see him much, but I heard stories, you carry?

The man shifted his weight and ran a hand through his long, auburn mane anxiously, pursing his chiselled maw and blinking bright, pained eyes. His gaze lingered on the floor longer than it should have before returning back to the woman. And as he looked at her, he couldn’t help but notice the long, silver braid that drifted down her front in such a gentle manor that he wanted to grab it and play with it for hours. When she asked if he really was at her service, and that it was more probable she’d be at his, he only flattened the green bandana resting on his chest and grinned; Frodo’s at the service of any lady’s that happen to cross his path. But I’m not against said lady helping me, neither. It looks like it‘ll take longer than we thought to get home, I‘ll be grateful of some help, I‘m bladdy cream-crackered. the thought of food made his stomach rumble quite audibly, and he glanced downwards in a glare as if to shut it up. He replied to her next comment in surprise. You bury food and remember where you put it? My old china, you gotta be pulling my plonker. Up and at ‘em, tiger lil’. he paused. What pack are you from, if I may be so bold? Was that what you were doing all the way out here, scouting borders? he questioned.

It was now time for him to assume she would take him to the food, so he patted his white stallion, double-checked on the saddle bags and gave his head a mental sign for the all clear. It seemed he had struck pot luck when choosing this stranger to come talk to, as he could tell Naniko would be wise. And then Frodo's thoughts were invaded when he thought of food once more, and despite attempts to push the image out of his mind, he could not. He just could not wait till she shared something with him... perhaps he would have to share something with her in return.

<style>
.frodo-t98 b {color:#008019; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.frodo-t98 {background-color:#D8B872; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/frodo.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#65532C; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Oooh :o Also, I love your writing style! Makes me wanna write better posts XD And damn, I really like Frodo XD Why does he have to go back to AniWaya again? lol.

If there was one thing that the female was extraordinarily good at, it was cutting a good deal. This was what she planned to do with the moose, should she find any; give them a good reason why they ought to give her and her pack their services, and then strike some kind of a deal with them. She wasn't sure what she could offer yet or what moose found "valuable" that she could offer...but she would think of something. She didn't plan to do this right away, but over the course of a couple of months. Find a herd, send Grace out to track and observe their behavior. She had been schooling the young charismatic female in the ways of the pack and in low-speech, having taken the golden D'Angelo in under her wing when Sirius had left to form Salsola. Naniko did not understand why she hadn't wanted to follow her long lost brother, but didn't concern herself too much with such things. She had other things to worry about.

Grace would do for the tracking and observing part. Then Naniko herself would attempt to make friends with the leaders of the herd and tell them all of the glories of her home and why a few of them should break off from their herd to join her. She wasn't certain how much of her words would get across to the moose, as they were a lower species than the canines...but she wanted to try. Through lowspeech, she expected to have a slight advantage over another canine who might approach the moose or try to capture them. She wished for a few to come of their own free will. She didn't need many, and would treat them lavishly if they did choose to come and join her in the pack and serve her. This was what she wished. She had a lot of experience with bending other creatures to her will, like rabbits and squirrels...but hadn't attempted such things on larger ones.

He spoke a few words about the idea that he should have brought a gift, and she shook her head. It wasn't that he should have brought a gift, because gifts were always welcomed...but the type of gift that he mentioned didn't sound too appealing. Well..maybe the dead mouse, because that she could give to her three sons to play with. She was surprised that she hadn't been followed out of the packlands by one of them, with the amount of time that they spent tracking her down. It was a game that they occasionally played; she would leave early in the morning to the borders and she would leave a small token on the bed that would point to a certain pups' sleeping place. That pup, if they wished, could come after her and track her down. If she alluded them, which she often did, then nothing would happen. But if they managed to track her, then they would be rewarded with something special. It was a good tracking lesson for the growing children.

"The dead mouse, perhaps...but a blade, tool, or fresh meat are always a good gift, in my opinion" She said. There were several bits in his pattern of speech that she did not quite understand, like "skipper", but she assumed that such things were said in good faith. Naniko was not one to ever completely trust a stranger, but she relaxed her posture slightly and took her hand away from the area it had previously rested, along her weapons-belt, as they continued to speak. "Ah. Well good to meet you, too, Strider." She gave the equine a short nod. He seemed distressed to find that his home was so far away, but that was to be expected. Naniko didn't know what she would do if caught so far away from home; she had only left the territory once, to go over to New Brunswick, but had returned a few months later to form Anathema with a few close friends and family members. His being from AniWaya did not bother her. In fact, she found it all the more intriguing - perhaps there was something that she could give to him that he could take back to the pack as a show of good faith. She wanted to send something after what Alaki had gone and done at their borders. Anathema probably wasn't looking too friendly toward AniWaya at this moment.

Frodo seemed like a very sensible fellow indeed, continuing her banter and shooting some back at her. She chuckled in return, motioning for him to follow her toward the food source. She'd buried two deer legs around a half-mile away, so the walk wouldn't be too long. "You've not heard of Anathema? I suppose we are pretty far away from your own pack. We're a pack made up of canines who might not belong elsewhere. I formed the pack on the idea that family is everything - any canine who joins is family for life, unless they betray that trust. And should they leave...they are welcomed back without needing any approval from me. Just a message that they have returned. To join, one must receive a cut on their paw, which is then joined to a cut on my own paw. They join in blood." It was perhaps a gruesome idea to some...but a way of life to the female. She held up her hand to show him the many scars that ran across the pads there as they walked together.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Wow, haven't heard that before, thanks much, means a lot! I think the same of you ^^, and he has to go to AniWaya because it's AWESOME. xD (In other words, I'm forcing him =3) I'm obsessive with tribes and stuffs <3 wc; 1012

The wolf respected the lady, certainly in the aspect of her choice of gift. You could see that in his eyes as he heard the words blade, or tool, or food. Surely these were men’s toys of gifts, maybe not so much the meat, but the blade or tool certainly? Back where he was from, women were to cook and to clean, yet they were still equal to men, and did the house work from choice. He was surprised and taken aback, but yet his opinion of her grew. A sneaky smile formed on the corner of his maw, as if to say he’d keep the information in mind. Why he’d store such information was unclear to him fully, yet one thing he understood was that he’d like to have more meetings with the femme. They had only just been acquainted yet Frodo was already starting to like her. And perhaps, if they ever did meet again, he would bring something along. Frodo was a fair craftsman; he was skilled in making both extravagant, beautiful weapons such as his hunting bow, and simple items; like bowls or other trinkets for example. Or he could even ask a trained craftsman from his pack- if he could find any, that was. There were so many possibilities when meeting someone new. It was funny, thinking now that at first he’d only wanted to stop for directions, but he’d learnt a great deal about his whereabouts from her, and she‘d been so kind, and although there could be a good deal of afternoon left to carry on travelling, he’d much rather spend it resting - and eating - in Naniko’s company. He owed her.

The shadowing horse stiffened in reply to the woman addressing him, his physical communication unclear but his understanding of words roughly forming together. He knew a lot more than people took him to know, but there was no way of showing this. One thing he understood now was that Frodo was happy in the wolf’s presence, another that he, himself, was still wary of the stranger. But Strider had always been wary, and frightened, but not entirely stupid. He knew a relaxed conversation when he saw one, at least, and part of his guard had fallen away. Strider was a wary and unpredictable steed, however the stallion’s intentions were only good, and he only wished to protect his boy. Funny how most saw a horse as belonging to it’s rider, yet Strider saw Frodo as someone he himself owned like a pet, and had to protect. Maybe it was the stallion-nature of him, the wanting to herd and to lead. This paternal instinct would most likely be lost, if the stallion happened to be gelding-made, and it was a good job he hadn’t, too. Castrate a horse, and the horse became a dud, and it’s personality fell away for you to mould yourself. Most would think this as a good thing, but
Frodo believed it was bad, and would take away the horse's dignity.

Frodo watched Naniko beckon and responded with his eyes, the orbs falling gentle and eager. One slender, black hand reached underneath Strider’s chin to where he had a better grip on the bridle. There was no lead rope, in fact Frodo had never used a lead rope, and so he made do with leading by just the scraps of leather that formed the horse’s restraint. Frodo had to fall a few paw-steps behind the woman, seeing as he was following, but the onyx wolf could easily keep up, and also continue speaking to her. Again the man scratched his furry scalp, wondering what sort of food she exactly had in mind. Frodo found himself hoping it was something he liked, and then hissed through his teeth silently. He would be happy with whatever she gave him, was his ultimate and final decision.

Both ears cocked up stimatainasly when she began to answer his curiosity. And truly, this made him even more curious, but at least answered his question. He could tell she’d been a woman of power but not guessed of authority in a pack; when she said she formed the territory known as Anathema, he raised and waggled his eyebrows as if he wouldn’t or couldn’t believe it, yet of course he did believe her. I haven’t heard of it, no, but thence sounds like a stairway to heaven, not half. he commented gruffly, holding her own green gaze for a moment or two. And as she revealed that the members were to seal in blood, and showed to him her paw-pads, he could only stare down at her palms in a stern amazement. It was a moment or two or silence before the lad lifted up his chin, speaking in something of a whisper. ‘Tis a well-nifty thing to seal in blood, an honourable thing. Once the seal is made, the receiver becomes your kin. These ones, these people of Anathema, must be worthy. Mark my words, conqueror. his non-blinking eyes scanned her paws one last time before being averted. He was mysteriously intrigued, and had a feeling like he was intruding upon her privacy.

The afternoon was still present, but because of winter the days were getting shorter; or at least, appearing shorter. At this moment, the sun started to set, and Frodo cast a glare at the colourful sky. Lights out, boys and girls. he turned to Naniko; In no more than a jiffy we’re gonna need us some fire, my wicked little snickersnee. I‘ll tell it how it is- let’s find this grub pronto, so to speak. he rubbed his hands together and pulled his olive-born cloak around his chest, glad of the welcomed warmth. He blew out some sea-scented breath into the wind, and watched it make warm steam. They’d been walking a fair distance, and Frodo wondered if they were any closer than when they first began.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Psh. Anathema is the best ;P Sorry for taking so long with this Sad I just realized that I hadn't replied...for some reason I thought it was your turn!

They traveled together toward the area that she had buried her food, Frodo walking a few paces behind her with the stallion. She honestly didn't mind sharing things about Anathema with the male; they were harmless facts that anyone could know, common knowledge perhaps. None of it was information that she felt was secretive or that others shouldn't know about. Perhaps he would tell others of her pack and it would bring her more members, canines who were unwanted from other packs across the lands. She wouldn't mind that at all.

"I agree...it's part of the reasoning behind it. That blood ritual means a lot to me and to the pack - it's one of the most basic rituals that we have. I won't go into the others...don't want to scare you away before I've gotten some food into you.." She said jokingly, giving him a grin. It was a shame that he had somewhere to go - but at least she would be able to share this night with the stranger. Naniko wasn't normally so comfortable around someone else, a welcomed change in this case. Something about the male made her feel more at ease.

It seemed as if they were running out of daylight, but this she did not mind too much. "We're not far." She said in response, taking a deep breath in. She could smell the meal, now. "It's just...here." She said, stopping in her tracks and pointing. In the small amount of light that remained, she could see an area of dirt that looked to have been disturbed recently. Naniko dug for a moment and pulled the legs up and out of the ground. She'd wrapped them in the pelt of the animal to keep them from getting too dirty. The Angela pulled both out of the hole, unwrapping them from the skin to show Frodo. "Do you want to get started on the fire? I can gather some wood if you can get it started with tinder"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Haha that's alright, it happens xD wc; 492

It was interesting listening to her explain about the blood ties. It intrigued him dearly, and Frodo found himself intent on perking up his ears, and lusting for more when she'd finished speaking. Nah. There's nuffink that can scare me, Cherry Valance. he mocked subtly, putting a stray hand on his hip while they walked. He was glad to know they were close by the time the sun had set. When she finally started digging around in the ground, he tethered his horse underneath a tree and then rolled a fallen log outwards, placing it near Naniko. He collapsed on it readily, cracking his knuckles before settling down into a comfortable position. Soundin' fine and dandy. Make sure you don't go too far out, mind you. If you get into any trouble, holler an' I'll be there pronto. Leave the meat 'ere. We can cook it laters, so we can. his intense eyes fell cautious and they flickered around, growing darker seemingly at the same time as the sky did. His face clouded over and one hand automatically flew to his back, feeling at the puckered skin, the tender scars. Wincing, he got up from the log, and sauntered over to Strider.

He made sure there was enough slack where his horse was tied so that the horse could easily lie down. There was. Frodo was confident in thinking that he'd be staying the rest of the night in the wilderness, so he whipped out a gypsy-made blanket and pillow as well as a small jar of tinder from the horse's saddle bags before unsaddling the horse completely. Yawning, the man dropped off all items back where the legs of meat had been buried. A small way off he constructed a fire pit, with the dry twigs and such he found lying around as well as the tinder in his jar. Frodo would be able to start a fire, but he'd need the logs to keep it going. Mentally, he told Naniko to hurry up; he told himself he was cold but in fact he was worried for the female, despite the tall woman being obviously very capable and Frodo himself...not so much. With a low growl he struck rock against rock and sparks ignited, doing nothing except turn his shambling fire a glowing red until he blew at it, and the sparks grew into small flames. It was all he could do to throw a few more nearby twigs on it, and then from there wait. Frodo lay his cloak on the ground then, and instead of sitting to wait on the log he propped a pillow up beside it and sat with his back to it, sitting on his cloak with the blanket wrapped round his body. Mr Silvertongue stared into the small flames with open wonderment, his head falling back against the bark so the chiselled cranium lolled on his shoulders and made him feel drowsier than ever.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Many of his words were unfamiliar to her, but she didn’t let it show. She didn’t want to appear stupid or as if she hadn’t traveled about…The female had lived in the mountain and surrounding areas for almost all of her life since puppyhood. She’d left it once in the past to search for more of her family, and she’d been lucky enough to locate five or six members and bring them back with her. Her sister Selene had been among them, thought he female had passed away the year prior in a tunnel collapse. Selene’s daughter Demi had also disappeared more recently, along with Naniko’s brother Helios. She didn’t fault them for leaving, but hoped that they would return someday. The golden wolf Grace D’Angelo, the daughter of a distant cousin of hers, had stuck with the pack and was helping Naniko out quite a bit with things, something that she deeply appreciated.

She wondered if he had any family about, if that was the reason that he was going back to AniWaya. Perhaps he had a mate and pups there. Naniko nodded as he mentioned that she shouldn’t go too far away; she knew this. ”Yes sir She said wryly, stepping out into the surrounding woods to begin her search. She wasn’t afraid of leaving him with the meat, not concerned that he might leave with it. The Angela assumed the best out of most people unless proven otherwise; she tended to trust more than distrust. Once that bond was broken it was very difficult to earn it back with her.

It took her a bit to find wood that was suitable, but she managed to collect an entire armload of it. She didn’t realize how far she was from Frodo until she stood back up with her arms full of the material. A crackling sound behind her made her whirl to face that direction, and she let the wood fall to the ground at the sight of the beasts that stood there. Two bears, one much smaller than the other. A cub, perhaps? She wasn’t sure. The animals seemed to notice her at the same time as she was made aware of them, the larger of the two letting out a gruff growl. Naniko bent to pick up a few pieces of the wood, not wanting to completely give up what she had found, and then began to slowly back away.

Even though she was putting distance between them and trying to appear less of a threat, the beasts continued with their growls and grunts. She didn’t want to turn her back on them but desperately wanted to run away from them at the same time. She began to pad backward more quickly now, calling out. ”Frodo! Get the horse—We’ve got to go!” She didn’t know if the bears would go after their meat or if it would be of no interest to them. They followed her as she walked backward toward the camp, grumbling loudly and reaching out to try and swipe at her despite the distance. As they closed in on her she gave up her efforts to keep her front side to them, turning and running as quickly as she could back to camp. ”Bears! Follow me – they’re coming! We’ve got to get inside the caves. I have food there – if we leave this meat here it might distract them” It wasn’t far, less than a mile to her home.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

>Big Grin

He was beyond amused when she called him by sir before trotting off. He was anxious though, watching her form leave into the darkness set a slight chill up his spine. Perhaps it was to be expected given the darkness and stillness of the hour, but still, something didn’t seem right. Either way he sat down, kindling the fire with the blanket on his lap, intense eyes pools of green melancholy as he worked at the flames, attempting to keep them going despite the harsh wind that seemed to constantly blow at the fire. The man scowled and was just thinking that Naniko should probably be there by now, when he heard a shout from the undergrowth. At once, in a sudden movement his body had snapped, jerked upwards from it's sitting position, ears pricked up, nose inhaling. His face went straight towards the sounds of Naniko’s voice and he growled deep in his throat, hearing his name and then commandments being thrown into the air. With all speed he had pulled both blanket and pillow up from the floor and had rushed to Strider, un-tethering the distraught beast at once.

In a few moments all equipment was back in the saddle bags, except for his bow and quiver which he drew out swiftly with a low growl. The atmosphere of their meeting had quickly turned from light and happy to tense and dangerous. Feeling moody, Frodo walked straight back up to the clearing, seeing Naniko rush straight towards him. He let out a feral snarl to see two figures in the distance, and then turned his intense eyes back to the lady. Go. I’ll be followin’ easy enough. his eyes were boiling and stubborn, it was very clear indeed there was nothing to alter his decision. With as much confidence as the lad could muster, he had stepped in front of the capable lady, his back to her as he shouldered his quiver, drawing an arrow out and knocking it in place. His stance was wide and somehow he managed to roughly block his horse and Naniko from the two beasts that approached now. Frodo was no fool; arrows were no use against the muscle and fat of bears, he knew this but their sharp edges would at least serve as a distraction. And permanent diability, he hoped too. They had all too quickly got on the wrong side of him; by threatening the woman who he thought now to be innocent they were threatening his honour.

Pity was something he thought not of now. The guilt would come later for causing pain and havoc among the deadly creatures, that were so despicable, yet majestic and to be respected. The bow was aimed and released. His aim was accurate and presice yet the beasts kept on coming. He knocked another peacock-feathered arrow in place, released, did the same. He repeated the arrows in quick succession until only four remained. Each time the drawing of the weapons had been fluent and quick, straight to the point. They rampaged further as he loosened the arrows but he knew he had hindered them. Two arrows stuck out of the larger bear’s eyes; one in each glassy, empy orb. Three were embedded in the younger one’s neck and the final arrow piercing through it’s ear. Frodo had tried to keep calm but his aim had shook slightly when attacking the younger one; it seemed it was just following the bigger of the beasts and perhaps it didn’t know what it was doing. So his arrows had not fully hit their mark. But the bears had been distracted enough, at least. There was no time to think now. They were upon him.

He leapt backwards as the strike of one heavy, heavy paw came. He left the meat discarded on the ground, the fire he put out with a stamp of his foot. And then he’d turned, and ran straight to his horse. His horse he thought of now. The man slapped Strider on his great flank and the beast was off at a gallop, snorting as he ran. Wherever the horse ran too, he would be found later. Frodo trusted Strider to look after himself; he was a horse of intelligence, and was well aware that horses could outrun a bear. So could a wolf. Desperately Frodo turned his head this way and that, sniffing the air. He’d find out if Naniko had stayed or ran when he’d told her too. If she’d stayed he would run with her to the caves. If he found out she’d already left he would be chasing her scent. Trouble was, it was hard for one to track when you were on edge and petrified, whatever display of bravery you’d just shown.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Ahah XD We're so evil to our characters.

She had almost never run into bears in the past and had very little experience with them. Naniko was a large canine, but when put up against two bears...she knew she stood little chance of survival. Her weapons were nearly forgotten as she came into camp, the bears lumbering along quickly behind her. She wanted to make sure that Frodo got out of the area as well and hesitated when he told her to run for it, lingering in the bushes nearby. She did not want to take on a fool's mission and take the beasts on, but if Frodo insisted on it then she would have to at least give it a try. Naniko was no fighter, a fact proven by the many scars that littered her tall form.

A slap and resounding whinny made her focus her attention on his horse for a moment before she turned her gaze back to Frodo and what he was trying to do. Her mind couldn't make sense of it all for a moment; if he just left the meat there, wouldn't that be enough to distract them? She didn't want her new friend getting hurt by the beasts, but he wasn't running away just yet. She turned her head slightly to look after the horse next, noting the direction it had gone in. She could catch up with it, most likely...but was Frodo going to run, or continue to shoot arrows into the animals?

He looked ready to run and she gave a short bark to get his attention, gesturing wildly toward the direction Strider had run off to. Luckily, he'd headed straight for the cave system. "Strider went this way - we should be able to catch up with him if he stays on course...he couldn't have gotten far" She shouted, turning to run in the opposite direction. When she finally heard the snarls and growls fading off into the distance she slowed down slightly, putting her hands together above her head in an effort to catch her breath more easily.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

oh yes =3 and also tell me if you're wanting the powerplay changed.

He was looking around quickly, his expression beyond desperate when he finally caught her scent and he turned his head towards the pale woman, intense eyes sparkling with adrenaline and nervousness. She proposed they go after Strider, so this made him assume the horse had gone to the caves. I’m right behin’ you, Jeremy fish’! he called back as she sped off into the night. The man shouldered both bow and quiver and then sped of after her on lean legs, his running a pulsating rhythm which smacked against the floor both gracefully and fluent but harsh at the same time. He ran with a certain urgency that could only be accomplished in a situation such as the one now. He knew he’d be faster in secui but he could hardly leave his bow and quiver behind; they were too precious to him. Despite only having the four arrows left he would collect the other six hopefully, if they managed to fall out of the bears by morning. If not, he’d just make new ones. It was when he was thinking and running while being chased when he realised he wasn’t following Naniko anymore. His mouth dropped open and he drew to a halt, nervously looking around once more, but then he spotted her behind. He’d over taken her when she was catching her breath and he hadn’t realised it.

No time for breath catchin’, squire! Those bears are hungry, mark my words, you do not want to be stayin’ for dinner! he cried, running back for her. Smoothly he grabbed hold of one hands that was round her head and pulled it, and then started to run again with her palm in his. Hopefully with her now following behind. God knew she was taller and most probably a deal stronger than him in his currently weak state but hopefully she’d get the general idea. Frodo was skinny for the most part, however his hands were quite large and had their own length and muscle; it came with being a practised rider and bowman. He tightened his grip and pulled her along, running straight for the caves that he could now see in the distance. Finally he drew up inside a cave and let go of her paw to steady himself, as he put both hands on his knees and breathed heavily. The wolf man then straightened up and saw his horse cowering in the shadows. Sniffing a little, his gaze turned to face the cave opening. He couldn't see the bears but they could well still be following. He just hoped they’d gone for the meat instead of carried on chasing…it wasn’t normal for bears to attack a party of wolves without reason. You alright, Naniko? Not hurt or nuthin'?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

I love your avatar :o And sorry for the lateness on this! Been out of the state <33 Powerplay is fine ^^ Grace is going to go after the bears with a few other pack members I think >_> lol. Also, Naniko's den is pretty big :o and she has shelves etched out into the rock wall that hold a variety of herbs in jars, random broken human objects..and jewelry. She also has a large bed that she dragged back from the city and there's a smaller room off to the side that the pups share.

She hadn't been anywhere near exhaustion, that was for sure, but it had been a while since the female had needed to run so far so quickly. The adrenaline was beginning to leave her already as they had gotten farther away from the bears, but his words spurred her to start running once more. He caught her hand and tugged on it, and she gave a small sigh and nodded in agreement. She didn't think that the beasts would follow them this far...but she hadn't had many experiences with bears. Maybe he knew them better. "Alright."

The female moved with long strides, flanking the male closely. As they neared the caves she caught sight of a figure on her right standing in shadow, a cream and orange female that she raised her hand to greet. "Is something wrong, Milady?" The canine called as they passed, following the pair into the cave. Once they had gotten inside, she turned to respond. "There's a pair of bears off in those woods...caught us by surprise. Frodo here may have injured one or both of them." The scarred cinnamon wolf had more experience with bears than she, Naniko knew, from the stories that Grace had told her since her joining. Such information would be of interest to the girl.

"I'll gather a few other canines and track them...we won't let them near the caves. I think four or five pack members should do it. We can attack from a distance with bows or spears...and lead them to one of the pits if that pleases you, Angela." The female said, her blue eyes boring into Naniko with anticipation. The Angela gave one quick nod, and the girl was off. It was the only way to fully ensure the pack's safety, especially with her children being at the age where they would be running around through those woods.

Grace went past them into the caves, speaking with a few other pack members before leaving them for the cover of the woods once more. Naniko realized that Frodo had asked her a question and blinked a few times before clearing her throat. "I feel..alright." It was then that she noticed something, a throbbing pain in her thigh. She hadn't actually looked herself over yet, and adrenaline had kept her from feeling much pain as they had made their escape. There was a deep claw-mark there that crossed over her leg horizontally, shallower at the ends but dripping blood down her knee and onto her calf. "I guess I'm not completely alright. Is Strider.." She trailed off before looking around the male and spotting the horse.

"We have quarters for horses in here as well as a stable above the ground...but you think he'd be more comfortable staying around you? That's OK too." She said. Naniko pointed across the chamber to a hallway that sneaked off to the left. "We can go this way to my den...I don't think my sons are home right now, or I'd tell them to stay inside.." She said, frowning. "What about you, though. Are you injured?"

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

Yeah, Kitty's awesome like that. Goody good ^^ Sorry for the wait, & we should try and wrap this up soon Smile wc; 451

When he finally got inside the cave, he fell slumped, hand on his knees and head practically between his legs. His mind had been whirring and full of adrenaline, yet fear mainly. He didn't quite know the half of it, what a bear could do to a luperci like himself. The young man flashed a sideways glance to Naniko, and gave a start to see there was someone else in the cave with them. In fact, the cave had the smell of hundreds, the smell of a pack. It must have been her actual territory they were in now, yet Frodo had only just realised it. Bashfully, the man scratched behind one ear and then straightened up, giving his tail a brief wag. He waited for his new friend to give orders to what must be her pack-member, and then grinned as she padded over.

In question, his head tilted. The answer received seemed simple enough, yet within the scent he had now familiarized her with there was now a metallic tint, the smell of blood. His gaze realised and trailed down her body at the same time her own did, and he winced at the site of the cut on her leg. Bending down into a crouch, he examined the thigh, making sure he didn't look to endearing as he did so; merely concerned. Ack. he exclaimed, pulling back up to a standing position again. Even when straightened up, it was amusing how much taller she was than him. Luckily, he was well-built enough not too look like a total midget. Strider's fine. he commented, and when the horse heard his name being spoken of, he approached at once, the whites of his eyes dominant for the moment. Frodo placed a re-assuring hand on the stallion's neck and patted the horse, before turning back to the lady. His ears perked up and the black and ginger boy listened to her speak about horse-quarters and her den, before replying. I'm dandy. But yer obviously not. Seem's to me you need to sort tha' mess out, get me? gesturing to her leg, he continued; Let's be findin' these quarters you talk 'bout...an' then we can go ter yours, Jack o' the beanstalk..

The man quickly led his horse around a series of passages and caverns before he finally found somewhere that looked likely the place to put horses. He securely fastened Strider in, made sure the stallion was fed and watered, and the retraced his steps, hurrying back to where he remembered Naniko was. Flashing a smile, he let her guide him across the hallway to the left, as they journey'd towards her den. So which one is it, Snow White?

<style>
</style>[/html]