sunset sunrise
The field had amazed him. He had never seen so many flowers, and though they were wilted and at the end of their life it still amused him. He took off like a rocket across the field, the petals of the sunflowers flitted about in the wind as the seeds were scattered here and there. His tongue lulled out of his maw as he happily frolicked through the dying plants. Life was good, this he knew and he wouldn't let anyone stop him from having fun.

He bit into a stalk of one of the oversized sunflowers and pulled the dead flower away from the plant. Shaking his head furiously he could hear the rattle of the seeds as they flew around his head and scattered to the ground. He laughed happily and spat the flower from his maw as he pounced into a bunch of smaller sunflowers and began to roll in the flowers. He grinned to himself and inhaled the crisp scent of the crushed vegetation.
[html]

Vesper

I said, I cannot follow the river

of her myth; but I can

follow her sweet desert song

like a stream through the fiery hills.

Word Count → 321 :: Thanks for starting!

The pitter-patter of a scurrying mouse made the she-yote’s ears swivel, chasing the direction of the tiny prey as her lean lupus-formed body slipped through the dead stalks of sunflowers. She had been practicing in a shifted state far too much lately, and while she was getting more and more used to two-legs or a thicker frame, she missed the shape she had been born with, the only one that had been available to her only months ago. Just because she was infected with the virus didn’t mean that she couldn’t revert back to her old ways occasionally. She was definitely a changed woman, but she liked the simplicity of chasing after mice through the field, without thoughts of her pack or how to coordinate her steps.

She whipped through the plants and pounced upon her prey, enjoying the taste of its life-blood pouring into her narrow jaws. Licking her chops after having wolfed the little animal down, Vesper turned her head in search of another mouse. They were small morsels, but her small size meant that that quite a few of them would fill her up. These were also luckily distracted by the rush to find arthropods to hunt, since most of their other food would be gone with the frost.

She had pounced on another hapless mouse when the smell of a lone wolf caused her to lift her head. After she ate her most recent catch, she began to wander through the sunflowers once again. She finally came across the male, able to tell by scent that he was older than her—and non-luperci. That fact brought a tiny flutter to her pale chest, and with more exuberance than was normal when approaching a stranger, she walked closer.

“Not often I find someone just glad to experience life,” Vesper stated lightly, keeping enough distance between them as was polite. Her eyes rolled lazily over his black-and-gold-streaked silver body.

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vescoytext p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.vescoytext b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]
The male hadn't even thought what it would be like when someone caught him at his moment of freedom. He had believed that he would have been alone in the fields of flowers but when a voice caught his attention and he opened one eye to catch sight of a coyote he grew rigid for a moment before quickly rolling to all fours and shaking the debri from his pelt.He was silent a moment longer as he snapped at a loose petal that fell floating down to earth.

He raised his sapphirenorbs fleckednwith gold to gaze at the woman a moment before teasing softly. " I don't know.. I didn't even know your type even liked to associate with the big bad wolves." his eyes were slightly serious as he watched her a moment. She was nearly half his size and didn't seem like a threat. While he knew better than to let his guard down hendidnt feel a need to drive the woman back to her clan, for he could clearly smell now the scent of the clan on her now. He had already had one bad run in with the creatures that resided beyond those borders, he wondered if this beast could change his attitude. Probably not, but he wasn't beyond letting her try.
[html]

Vesper

of her myth; but I can

Word Count → 212

The silver wolf quickly stood when he noticed her, and Vesper took one additional step backwards as a precaution in case he was the grouchy type of loner. She was sure that she would have reacted with snaps and hissy fits if she’d been caught like this as a teenage loner, and this older male might have wanted to been alone, too. She smirked faintly and swished her tail lazily against her hocks before tilting her large ear forward at the sound of his voice.

My type? The coywolf blinked before her smirk broadened. She rolled her dark brown and coal-splashed shoulders in a shrug. “Perhaps not the big bad ones…but I am half wolf.” Even if that part of her heritage came from a madman, she embraced what she had been given. Unlike some of the other members of Inferni, she had no quarrel with the lupine species, even if she had some reason to in the case of her dark father. “Mostly I like to associate with the young pretty ones,” she added with good humor, her tail wagging briefly.

“But you’re interesting—untouched by the virus, single-formed.” Her blue eyes were sharp with curiosity and a faint longing as she looked at him. “I used to be like that.”

<style>
.vescoytext {width:480px; padding:10px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2cyp1f7.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.vescoytext p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vescoytext .poem {float:right;font-size:30px; font-family: 'Amatic SC', cursive; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>

[/html]
He couldn't help but grin as she was downright frank with him. He liked that, at least she had spunk enough to stand up to him insulting her breeding. He understood that not everyone could help the fact that they had mixed blood but it was still something that irritated him, seeing the increasing number of hybrids in these lands today. He raised a brow at her words though as he asked. "Oh, so its only the pretty young ones for you then? Those little boys and girls don't know how to live, just on the cusp of life with no experience at all.." his eyes sparkled as he shook his pelt once more, discharging the last of the petals ans seeds from his pelt as he yawned, showing his pearly white teeth before his jaws snapped shut quickly.

He had been about to trot down towards another patch of flowers when she spoke again. This time he froze as she perked his interest this time. His ears flicked back slightly as he scowled slightly, "Did you change for a lover or to fit in?" he asked. He couldn't see why anyone would want to change but it seemed that the youth of these lands liked to rebel and while he would never change for anyone else it perplexed him to find those that would. He knew he shouldnt assume why she had changed, but she was still young and he doubted she had known little of the disease and had just fallen in on a bad crowd, but he had been surprised before.
[html]

Vesper

of her myth; but I can

Word Count → 313 :: Rambly Ves.

Her remark drew a grin to his face, and Vesper could feel a tense place inside of her relax, one she hadn’t really known was there. She knew that older wolves—and especially older, normal wolves—were quite set in their ways. Instinct took precedence over silly ideals, and she knew that the ground she was treading was uncertain. For now, however, he was in good humor.

His question caused her to smirk faintly, shrugging again. “I’m not that much older myself, I guess, but you don’t really have to worry about a whelp getting the best of you.” She grinned, knowing how she must appear compared to his experience. She had been that whelp only a few seasons ago, growling at strangers and getting knocked aside for her trouble. Those wounds were faded, however, perhaps ruffling her pelt but not creating a rift in it; she could pretend for her pride’s sake that they didn’t happen even as she learned from them

The silvery male rose then scowled at her last comment, and her ears fell close to her slender skull at this new question. Her muzzle wrinkled and her eyes grew cold as she lifted her chin slightly. “I would never change for anyone,” she growled, lashing her tail though her anger was directed at the prospect rather than at him. “See these scars? Turns out if you get enough non-luperci blood in your wounds, the virus takes hold of you.” Her muscles relaxed again, and she lowered her head, her face growing impassive again after that emotional outburst.

“I had wanted nothing more than to prove myself—prove non-luperci aren’t the barbaric, simple-minded brutes these ‘civilized’ luperci think we are—” No. She could not even use that word anymore. She huffed in defeat. “I mean… Well, I’m one of them now. So I guess these are all empty words.”

<style>
</style>

[/html]
He couldn't help but grin slightly as the young woman let him know that she was of no threat to him. He wagged his tail slightly and gave her a slight wink in answer to her assurance. "Good. These old bones can still hold their own..but they'd rather not have to.." He was teasing her again, but as much as he could tell that she was of mixed blood she hadn't threatened him yet and he felt no need to start something, since he really didn't want to finish it, he has having such a nice day destroying the last of the flowers.

She did fix the one rift that he had assumed when she informed him that she had not changed for another. He had always thought that ones who changed for another were weak minded. His eyes did shift to her scars though as she explained herself and how she had become one of them. He growled slightly in sympathy as he shook his head. "I will never willingly take the change, I don't care if it makes their lives simpler. We were born on four paws, there we should stay." He knew now though that she was able to shift, but he wondered if she liked the changes or not. She might have adjusted to their strange ways, he knew he never would.

He frowned as she seemed to falter on her words, his eyes narrowing as he shook his head. "They changed you.. but did they fully change you?" She didn't seem to like any of this that was thrust upon her, though her words were bitter she seemed disgusted in what she had become. A shiver coursed down his spine at the idea of becoming like them. What would he do if that ever happened...
[html]

Vesper

of her myth; but I can

Word Count → 354 :: Rambly Vesper rambles solemnly.

Vesper liked to see old wolves with spirit. He wasn’t really all that old compared to other elders she had seen, but he was also non-luperci; as far as she’d heard, the virus extended life even as it destroyed the bonds to the old life. She returned his wink with a smirk, letting him now silently that he didn’t have anything to worry about from her. Had she been a few seasons younger, she might have harassed him, but something told her that he’d be able to bowl her over with as much ease as a wolf half his age. Right now, she didn’t know how they’d match up, but right now, she also knew that violence for violence’s sake was pointless.

The silvery male seemed to sympathize with her, and she nodded in complete agreement with his words. She had wanted to prove that she was just as powerful and smart and fast as them with her birth shape. Now it was pointless; many non-luperci, like him, wouldn’t look at her the same again. She hadn’t wanted to prove herself to anyone but herself and perhaps others who were born as wild wolves should be—but that was all pointless now.

His question gave her paws, and a slightly shameful lowering of her ears accompanied a frown. She turned her blue eyes away. “I don’t know,” she confessed. “I can’t stand the thought of wearing clothes or riding those ugly prey animals around when I have fur and four paws of my own. I don’t want to touch a blade when claws and teeth are fairer. But the halfling shape lends me bulk, and the two-legged one helps me climb.”

Her voice grew slightly more confident as she glanced over at him, realizing with a hint of pride that it didn’t really matter what he thought. “I am not like the luperci pretending to be humans. But I don’t completely deny the curse that was given to me. I don’t know where you’d draw the line between being fully changed or not… I just know I’ll never forget what I used to be.”

<style>
</style>

[/html]