Nothing but time.
[html]

Word Count :: 300+ Liliya in Optime, afternoon, random border point (you choose where).

Trading. So much of her pack focused on trading, but Liliya hadn’t had a hand in it at all. It was unfortunate, but the woman had been too distracted with other projects to have a hand in that facet of Salsoa’s economy. If I knew the traders, she thought to herself, it might make my job easier. For now she went through the other pack members when she needed something that couldn’t be found within the pack. Odessa had come in handy for a few things, and of course the leaders were there with their expertise on rummaging up tools and supplies when needed. Still, it took a chunk out of her day when her project came to a halt and she had to seek someone out and try to explain what she needed. That is what happened to her this afternoon, and unfortunately her acquaintances were all elsewhere.

So, with her work stalled for the moment, she decided to make her time useful by making rounds. It might not have been her shift but an extra pair of eyes on Salsoa’s borders never hurt, plus she needed to stay as familiar with the area as possible. There had been a strange influx of border activity lately.

The crisp afternoon breeze twisted over the lands and played at Liliya’s body. The red scarf that was usually tied around her forehead had been a menace in this wind so she untied it a while ago, wrapping it around her wrist like some sort of bandage (though she was not injured). Wispy bangs tore loose for her pony tail and danced around her face, but at least it wasn’t blocking her view wholly as the scarf had done.

Cloud-gray eyes scanned the area before her. Of course she was on the look out, but nothing had happened all afternoon and now her mind delved deep into reverie, thinking of the things she needed and how she might get them.

Image courtesy of 24730945@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.liliya-d04 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/btR5k.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#B3783D; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#2F1F0E; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFF3CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-d04 b {color:#FFF3CC; }
.liliya-d04 .post b:before { content: open-quote; }
.liliya-d04 .post b:after { content: close-quote; }
.liliya-d04 p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.liliya-d04 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 379 words.

Her mind was tortured, occupied with what she could not control. The lives of others were not hers to command, yet she begged the gods against her better judgment for the power to change a heart and mind. Perhaps if she explained what fed her reluctance to return the child to its mother, she comrade would be better understanding. But as hopeful as her thoughts were, they were foolish. Even she would not pacify her anger toward another that wronged her so deeply. She would bid that the guilty sit with their misdeeds until true understanding came to them and they were ready to repent. But the Exultare was far from ready to face the wrath of the mother she had brought worry to. She would rather pit herself against Nature then endure the eyes of disappointment.

The path she travelled was foreign, graced by the distant scent of pack growing stronger as she tread deeper toward claimed midst. Even delved in guilt, her wanderer’s heart would lead her into the unknown assuring as distraction from her personal burden. Her sky-bound companion swiftly dove to land upon her shoulder, gently curling his talons around the golden perch. Affectionately he slipped a sharpened beak into her wild mane while nibbling fondly at whatever auburn tress his curved beak could reach. “You should smile more…” he shrieked softly, hoping to stir some essence of light upon her face. But it was to no avail as all the woman could do was offer a pitiful curl of a corner of her maw. “Perhaps when there is not this weight upon me… when I do not have to think about those I have wronged.”

X’yrin knew she could not immerse herself in this mistake forever, but she felt she deserved this punishment of recollection as opposed to pushing it back into the recesses of her mind. She needed to acknowledge her mistake and understand what drove such selfishness so that she would not make the same mistake again. Leaving his master in thought, the nameless owl took flight once more, rising above the woodland canopy to observe what resided below. If his master would not pay attention to what surrounded them, then it would be up to him to do so, it seemed.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 300+ Liliya

Something moved in the distance. At first the outlying traveler was little more than a figment in the expanse, but wandering as she seemed to the Luperci came steadily toward Salsoa. Liliya thought she had seen someone far off, and the pay off for her patience was an answer to her curious mind. Yes, she could see clearly now, someone was coming this way, toward Salsoa.

The person who approached had a bright pelt the color of the sunrise, and Liliya wondered if she blended in to the sky at that time of day. What an interesting thing to be able to camouflage yourself against…

She thought about hiding herself away from the stranger so she could have the element of surprise, but her prime directive wasn’t to trap or kill anybody who came near. It was to keep intruders out. The woman wasn’t acting sketchy or sneaky like Fleta had when she intruded upon Salsoa. In fact, the fact that she walked toward the place so calmly she thought she might have been here before. “Is trader maybe?” Lilyia muttered to herself as she cocked her head in wonder.

Well, anyway, she couldn’t just let her waltz right up to Salsoa on the off chance… no, on the likely chance… that she shouldn’t be there, so she began walking toward the wanderer. Her grey eyes caught sight of something as it broke off from the sunburst form, and she watched the owl for a moment. So, this person had a pet? It was looking more and more likely that she might have come with some very unique wares.

Imagine her disappointment as they came closer and she didn’t see much merchandise with her. She was irritated, but still hopeful. “Hallo traveler. Do you know the boundaries near which you tread?” Her tone was gentle and kind, even through her thick Russian accent. Already a very sociable hybrid, she was in a good mood and had high expectations for the stranger.

<style>
.liliya-d04 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/btR5k.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#B3783D; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; color:#2F1F0E; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFF3CC; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.liliya-d04 .post b:before { content: open-quote; }
.liliya-d04 .post b:after { content: close-quote; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... e_01-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right:5px; padding-top: 300px; ">

ooc: 361 words.

The bird’s eyes were more attentive than those of his companion, spying the movement of a form not too far from his master. From his height he shouted down to the golden female, -“Open your eyes, Nomad!”- before plummeting down toward the foreign body trained in his sights. Swiftly, he coasted around the female keeping a wide berth as he inspected her unusual form with wares adorned. This was not the first time he had seen a standing wolf dressed in cloth, yet it still unnerved him each time he saw it, just as it did for his master who remained barren of such luxuries. He relayed this strangeness to his companion then swerved wide away from her, riding the airs stirred by his wings to reclaim the shoulder of the Exultare.

She had indeed opened her eyes, closing her mind off to her thoughts and returned her attention to her surroundings. She acknowledged at last the smell of pack, the unfamiliarity stirring both interest and wary. The afternoon light was piercing to her eyes once content with following the neutral hues of the earth. For a moment her eyes were blinded with shimmering light, yet even as she squinted and brought an umber hand to her eyes, she could only just make out the red of a fluttering band and dark hues of worn cloth. The moment of brief pain had passed, the words of the approaching feminine eliciting a startled yelp from an otherwise composed maw. The Nomad stopped dead in her track, waiting for the burden of light to dissipate before she lowered her arm. Nameless returned to her shoulder not a moment later.

Her personal woes aside, she again placed a calm mask upon her face wearing a soft smile of both ease and embarrassment. Unkempt locks were hastily drawn from her amber eyes as she allowed them to be seen of out respect for the other, believing one’s intentions were shown through them and them alone. “My lady I am sorry,” she uttered with soft sincerity. “I wasn’t paying attention at all. Too deep in thought. Please tell me; what boundary is this that I near?”

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 280 Liliya

Her muzzle half cocked with a wry smile as she watched the other’s avian companion tip her off to the person standing not forty paces away from her, a close proximity for strangers. Liliya should have envied her, for she was clearly a dreamer, but her quickly callusing mind instead just thought she was foolish for not paying attention. Still, Liliya wasn’t exactly the grumpiest Luperci around her, so she was willing to afford her a pass, especially on the hopes that she was a trader.

Her grey eyes flicked to the winged companion that now perched on the woman’s shoulders. She was never much of a fan of pets, thinking animals were much better suited for tools and decoration than friendship. Liliya even despised the fact that she knew one day she might find herself in ownership of a horse, thinking the only thing the big dumb beasts were good for was making leather materials and bowstrings. She couldn’t deny the usefulness of a horse if she had a cart, though. That kind of brute force would be useful for many projects, including hauling and demolition.

You have arrived at the land of Salsola, she said, reverence in her voice for her pack. And it is favor to you now that I warn you, we are not likingk it vhen stangers wander in to our lands. We value our privacy, you might say. They were words of caution spoken without malice. She didn’t desire a fight today, so perhaps a bad situation could be avoided with the right words.

[b“Vhat are you?[/b] She asked abrupty, her voice demanding an answer in hollow Russian tones. Are you new trader maybe?

<style>
</style>
[/html]