Child's play
[html]
TAKE A BITE OF MY HEART TONIGHT

WC:484+ / Set just of from the village near a small river :3.

“Nooooooo!” the scream broke his concentration, his grip on the blade loosening and causing the katana to splash back down into the small river. Twisting around he managed to half stand before a small grey bundle hurled itself at his legs, claws scrapping and grabbing at his jeans as Miwa tried to scramble up her fathers legs. Staring down at the child the rakeeb sighed, looking away quickly to make sure his Katana hadn't completely fallen into the river and confirming it would be safe staying where it was for now. Sighing, he crouched down and scooped the girl up in his arms, noting her shaking body and quickened breath “Get it away, get it away” Miwa cried beneath her breath, growing more hysterical by the minute. Sensing the pup wouldn’t listen to him even if he tried he pinned her against his chest and growled until the girl fell silent, staring up at her father with fear filled eyes. “What the hell are you screaming about Miwa” he asked, his voice soft compared to his harsh choice of words.

As son as he'd asked the question Miwa looked out to the space she'd come from and following her line of sight he saw nothing dangerous or anything that striked him as scary enough to distress the kid. Frowning he stared down at her, relaxing his grip around her and waiting patiently until she'd calmed down enough to explain herself. “Da. Big bug. Landed on me” she managed to get out between breathless pants and soft whimpers and as he heard the explanation he couldn't help but laugh; earning himself a frown mirroring his own from the girl. “You caused all that fuss over a bug. Here I thought you were getting chased by something a little bigger.” he spoke, placing the child back on the ground and watching her shake her coat out as if the bug still remained on her. “There's nothing there, stop being such a girl” he teased, earning himself a puppy growl from the girl before she stalked off a few paces to sulk.

Twisting her head round to face her father, she grinned. “Hate to inform ya Da. I am a girl” she shouted, shaking her head slightly at her father's ridiculous comment. With Miwa settled he moved back over to the small stream and pulled his katana out of the water, wiping it down with a cloth before easing it back into it's sheath. Walking over to his daughter, he crouched down beside her “So what you wanna do kiddo?” he asked, watching her face light up, tail starting to wag at a ridiculous speed.

“Let's play hide and seek!” she squealed, jumping up onto four legs and running around her father with over flowing excitement, laughing whilst doing so as he groaned and grumbled about her choice of what to do. God kill me now, please.

<style type="text/css">
.takeyheart b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2f0ec; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px;}
.takeyheart u {font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px;}
.takeyheart i {font-weight:bold; color:#fff1d0; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px;}
.takeyheart p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.takeyheart .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.takeyheart {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#c89f7a; background-image:url(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6866/alakitab.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #572f0f; border-radius:5px; padding: 3px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a5b58; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.takeyheart .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-radius:10px;}
.takeyheart .words {text-align:center; font-family:georgia; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:23px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#897e7a 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:3+

Trudging heavily with shame weighing on her shoulders and a darkly brooding shadow in her eyes, Caprica came to the village, in the hope that the place would inspire something within her, wind up the inner clockwork that had utterly stalled of late. Looking at the fenceposts she had dug in was like being a criminal, facing manual labour in jail, although not weeks before she had set to the task with gusto. The pictures in her mind of what the little village could look like with a bit of time, love and handicrafts had quite literally disappeared, replaced with pictures of the place rotting and sinking back into the mud-hole it had been threatening to sink into in the first place. It did look better than when she'd first seen it, of course. But now, what hope was left for the dainty little hamlet? The leader of the renovation mission was by all accounts currently enjoying his own catastrophe, and she was in a prison of inner guilt. If anybody else was working up here rather than stay cosily in the caverns, Caprica had not encountered them.

She was wearing a great swathe of purple cloth, poncho-fashion, and her hair was in a short high ponytail, but even colourful attire couldn't lift her spirits today. Indeed it dampened them further as she realised the tapering midsection of the poncho had been trailing in the mud. Knowing there was running water nearby, she stomped her way over to the river and started to rinse the cloth, hurrying before the clay-colour stained. Hearing voices downstream, she turned her head and saw the crouching figure of the Rakeeb and the exuberant circling satellite of a child. Looked like she was running rings round the sombre warrior. Caprica smiled, enchanted despite herself, and gave a little wave. She would not intrude without being invited. He looked happier than she would have expected, and this fact alone rebuked her for wallowing in her own insignificant distress.

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
TAKE A BITE OF MY HEART TONIGHT

WC:413+ / :3

“Eeeeeeee!” Miwa squealed at the top of her lungs, jumping around all over again, tounge hanging from her mouth as she wore herself out more and more before the game had even began. Covering his ears he pulled a face at her, as if he squealing had done a fatal blow to his hearing, causing the child to laugh even more. “Now look what ya done, ya 'lil brat. What've I told ya about screaming” he scolded her in mock seriousness, quickly bending down and plucking the wriggling girl from the floor, earning himself an up close scream of excitement from the girl; this time it wasn't feigned pain, for the girl had one hell of a pair of lungs on her. Holding her with one arm he flipped her onto her back and tickled her stomach, Miwa falling into helpless hysterics.

“Pweese, pweese put me down, it hurts, it hurts. I can't breath” grinning at his daughters pleads, he placed her down, ears flicking back and hand darting out to silence Miwa. Someone was nearby and so he turned quickly, seeking out the stranger until his eyes fell upon the unkown female who waved at him. Slowly he breathed out, pinning the woman for a pack member whom he hadn't encountered much before. Raising an eyebrow at the woman he hesitantly waved back, eyes looking down in search of his daughter to find nothing. “Miwa?” he whispered harshly, panic rising for a split second until he noticed her running off to approach the female. Growling quietly to himself he set of after the child and caught up with the girl soon enough, but not in time to silence her.

“Ney, Ney! Wanan play with us, we're gonna play hide and seek. Play with us!” she begged the female and he could do little more than stare down in reproach at the girl, knowing that no matter what he did she wouldn't listen to him anyway. Sighing he looked up sheepishly to the woman, “Sorry 'bout her, she's a little excited” he apologised, hearing Miwa's mumbled 'am not' and flashing a stern look in her direction; getting a mischievous grin in return from the girl. “Eer, name's Alaki. You would be?” he asked, not sure what else to say.

“I'm it, you two go hide, now!” Miwa piped in quickly, staring at the woman and her father expectantly; she wanted to play and was determined to make the adults join in with her.

<style type="text/css">
.takeyheart b {font-weight:bold; color:#f2f0ec; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px;}
.takeyheart u {font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px;}
.takeyheart i {font-weight:bold; color:#fff1d0; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px;}
.takeyheart p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.takeyheart .ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.takeyheart {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#c89f7a; background-image:url(http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6866/alakitab.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #572f0f; border-radius:5px; padding: 3px 0px 400px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a5b58; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.takeyheart .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/21bn0ba.jpg); border-radius:10px;}
.takeyheart .words {text-align:center; font-family:georgia; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:23px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#897e7a 1px 1px 1px; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; line-height:10px;}
</style>[/html]
Words: 346
[html]

Although Caprica was technically one of the biggest of grown-ups for miles around, she so often turned out to be a kid magnet. There was no obvious reason, though, she mused as she watched the little girl inevitably bounding in her direction. Her father followed disapprovingly: he must not realise that Caprica never tired of hanging out with the more juvenile section of the clan. Of course, why would he - they had not even been introduced before, although she knew more of him than he could of her. There was no time to ponder why this might be, for the pup was already demanding a game. Right to the point, as any little girl - or anybody, really - should be. This one was lucky to have such an attentive father to apologise for her, unnecessary though it was. "It's okay," she grinned at the dark-haired man, and said to Miwa "Relax honey, there's no rush - you got plenty of time to play, and you can't keep on calling me 'woman', it doesn't sound nice. My name's Caprica. What's yours?" She flicked her eyes to Alaki, aware that she was answering his question too. "I saw you at the meeting, guess life's been pretty busy since, huh." He'd talked about Thackary village there too, but had never put in an appearance, at least not when she'd been working around the place. She'd caught the rumour that he'd been otherwise engaged, and now realised she'd be better not to bring up that interim period. "Not sure I'm dressed for hide and seek. I'm bright purple, it's hard to camouflage!" she laughed instead. "But don't let me interrupt your game if you were just starting, it's good to meet you even if just for a brief moment of time." She smiled warmly at the pair: lovely to see a father and daughter that were so close and tolerant of one another.

Image courtesy of Ant Jackson@Flickr; Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_CapDa1 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic; background-image:url(http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3913/angelo2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:82px 0px 0px 0px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:5px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#484848; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.K22911_CapDa1 {background-color:#030303; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ababab; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9056/angelom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_CapDa1-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]