forsake not the assembly
[html]

Foxglove has been away since CdM freed her, so she doesn't know anything about what's been going on here except that Ulilohi is in charge and Maska and Dawali are gone. I'd like only one or two people, please, to keep the thread faster. c: She and the horse are just inside the border and she's sitting side saddle but they aren't moving.

Sitting atop the champagne mare's back was the gypsy girl wounded so terribly by the war. Szellem flew ahead of the rider and her mount, darting between the boughs of trees they passed through. He was more excited to be going back than the blonde wolfdog was. The spirit bird was pleased that they were returning to the tribe; it was where he belonged, and where he felt that Foxglove belonged.

She, however, disagreed with him. The gypsy girl feared returning to the tribe terribly so. No one had gone to any great lengths to help her when Maska's goons had incarcerated her; it had been her father's pack that freed her when they had tried to free all the prisoners. Dawali had been kind to her, but he was the only one. It had become clear to her that the tribe did not care about her at all. That was without even considering what they might do to her for being away for so long.

Cour des Miracles had offered her a permanent home (and told her the outcome of the war, as well) when she had come south again, but Foxglove had declined. Her father was not even there anymore. Szellem had urged her to go back to the tribe, and so she had. Now, after being away for so long, it felt strange to ride into her home while feeling like such an outsider. Foxglove urged the mare forward and into the territory, inhaling sharply as she crossed the marked line back into the home that she had once felt at peace in.

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Hope you don't mind Ayasha.

IC: Ayasha was doing he normal patrol of the borders when she came about a scent that she had smelt in awhile. Foxglove. She remembered meeting her with her mother before she could shift and learning that she was a scout. But those innocent times were gone and war had come upon them when they had not asked for it.

She cautiously approached, not sure how traumatized Foxglove would be. Or how happy she would be to see an AniWayan. She knew that she had trouble with the war sometimes but she hadn’t gone through being a prisoner. Though that might not be all that bad. She wouldn’t have had to deal with knowing the guardians were terrorizing the AniWayans. But she would have to deal with not knowing when punishment would come and being at their mercy.

She took a breath to steady her nerves and hoped Foxglove remembered her. She neared the female and gave her a soft grin. ”Hi, Foxglove. It’s Ayasha. You remember me? Are you coming back to stay?” She tried to keep back her questioning and only asked the very necessary questions. She wondered how she would react to knowing Ayasha was higher then her in the scouting tier.
[html]

c: 300+

The gypsy girl ran her lithe fingers through the silken mane of her horse, an action meant to delay her return, delay the inevitable. Soon she would need to go back to her hut and begin to settle in again, but for now she feared moving further into the territory. Once she was there, perhaps it would be easier. Dawali and Maska were gone, supposedly, and so was the wolf that had been assigned to imprison her, the one who had man-handled her so roughly. She would settle in and then find Liliana for the first time since the beginning of the war. That was what her mother would want her to do so that she could belong again.

So much of her life had been spent thinking about what Lolita would want her to do, but Foxglove no longer knew if that was something she should be doing. The blonde daughter had been born with the same affliction and it had created a bond that they could never acknowledge. Poppy had always been her mother's favorite. Magnolia's independent nature had brought Lolita much pride, though the silver puppy's decision to stay with Niro had broken her mother's heart. The fearful, afflicted, wrong Foxglove had been pushed to the side for her similarities.

Jade eyes, once full of freedom and spirit but now hollow and faded, narrowed at the white female's approach. Of course the gypsy girl remembered the fellow scout. Being imprisoned had not taken away her recognition of her pack mates. "I did not denounce the tribe, even when they bound my wrists and beat me," she said softly, clutching tightly at her bald wrists, hiding the motion behind the horse's neck. The tribe had taken her in and broken her, but for now she would only continue to call it home.

"Dawali is gone?" she asked now, with more conviction. That was what mattered to her. Of course she cared that Maska and his guardians were gone, but it was Dawali she wanted to know about. The question might seem like she would miss him, and perhaps Ayasha would think that Foxglove would be upset to find out that he was gone.

<style type="text/css">
.foxgltrans02 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.foxgltrans02 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/168/foxgltrans.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
It was apparent that Foxglove did indeed remember her. Yet she was unsure at the sight of the narrowing of the other girl’s eyes. But it seemed that she wasn’t angry at Ayasha but at Maska and his guardians. Her blue eyes flickered to the bald wrists on her fellow scout. She frowned. ”I’m sorry they mistreated you. I’m glad they left or I might have to hurt them because of all the hurt they caused.”

She thought of all the lives that were hurt, either physically or emotionally: Shiloh, Liliana, Nayati, herself, Leon, her siblings, and her mother. Yes, it was a very good thing that Maska and his goons had left. They might not be alive thanks to her. She wasn’t sure that she could let them leave like Vigilante and Savina had done.

Foxglove mentioned Dawali and Ayasha couldn’t tell what she wanted to be told. So she simply said, ”Yes, he went back to explain what happened here.” She shuffled her feet slightly and looked down at them while she tried to decide if she should ask her question. ”Since I’m Waya Agateno, do want me to help you with scouting? If you don’t I understand. But I’d be willing to do it if you want.” She glanced up during this and her eyes were sincere about helping Foxglove.
[html]

This is really a weird post, I'm just trying to toy around with plot ideas and future stuff for her, so it's affecting my writing, lol. 300+

No reply met Ayasha's apology. The gypsy girl was not going to ease her mind by telling her it was fine, because it clearly wasn't, and she had no questions to ask about why Ayasha had not questioned the absence of the only other scout in the tribe. No one besides Dawali had come to talk to her, and she had been set free by her great-uncle and father. Foxglove had come to learn during her time as a prisoner that the tribe did not care about her much at all. If it weren't at her mother's request, would she still call this place home? She had to, for Liliana and Lolita.

"Good," her soft, quiet tones said in a manner sharper than she was accustomed to speaking in. She was so thankful that Dawali was gone that she visibly relaxed, sliding down from her mount. She lifted her hand to stroke the mare's cheek. "I hope he never comes back," she said, quieter now, almost crooned to the horse. Such a statement was not meant for Ayasha, but Foxglove did not consider how she would react if she heard it. Maybe Ayasha would think she meant Maska. It didn't matter to the blonde wolfdog what her fellow scout thought on the matter.

She turned, her brows raised, expression neutral otherwise. "I should think that you needn't my permission to help with the scouting, as it is your duty, as well, and perhaps more so now with your promotion. After all, you are a wolf of the tribe. I'm nothing more than a gypsy dog." That was what the tribe had proven to her, but at least now she knew that they had not stripped her of her rank in her absence or even during her imprisonment. She had half expected them to do just that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Ayasha studied her fellow scout. She didn’t seem too happy. ”We all missed you. When my mom told us that they had you, I offered to go in and rescue you. And I would have. You’re my Tribemate. She said no because it was too dangerous but I really wanted to help you.” She didn’t know why she felt the need to tell Foxglove those things. Maybe it was the look of betrayal in her eyes.

She wasn’t sure what to make of the answer. Was she happy because Maska was gone or Dawali? Or both? It was hard to tell. The blond wolf seemed to be more talking to her horse than her so she allowed her mind to wander a bit. She wasn’t sure how she felt about Dawali being gone. He was much like her father or an uncle to her and his leadership was the only one she had known. He was cowardly in not fighting Maska but he also seemed to believe what he was told. She shook her head lightly.

Her own brows rose at Foxglove’s answer then furrowed themselves. ”You are part of this Tribe! What Maska did to you was wrong and I for one am happy that you’re back. Is there anything I can do to make things up to you?” She was very concerned about how the gold wolfess was.
[html]

Foxglove looked at the alabaster wolf, so close to her in physical age but so far in other ways, with a wary gaze. The indignant tones were not unnoticed, but the blonde wolfdog found it difficult to want to take back the harsh voice she had used when speaking. There was little here for her now, but there was enough to keep her in the tribe. She intertwined her fingers in the mare's mane, taking a shaky breath. Ayasha personally had done nothing to her, and she could never have expected the girl to save her from her prison when no one else had. Truthfully, she had nothing against Ayasha at all, but she was upset, understandably.

With a small shake of her head, Foxglove spoke quietly. "No," she admitted. There was nothing that Ayasha could do or say to her personally that would make up for the crimes of Dawali, Maska, and the rest of the tribe that had supported them. If she had to admit it, she hardly believed that anyone had missed her at all. She doubted anyone had really even noticed her absence. The only one she expected to notice her absence was... "Where is Liliana? I would like to speak with her, if she has come back from Crimson Dreams by now," she added. That was something Ayasha could do to help her—point her in the direction of Liliana and her two children.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Want to finish soon?

IC: Foxglove still seemed upset about things but it seemed to not be directed at her. She could understand why she was upset but wasn’t exactly thrilled to be the target of it, even if it was for only a moment. But since her fellow scout said nothing neither did she. She wasn’t sure what she could say if Foxglove had wanted to keep talking about her imprisonment. She still also seemed wary of her but she didn’t quite understand why. But she wasn’t really bothered by that.

At not being able to help with anything, she nodded, wishing she could but wouldn’t push anything. She did offer her help again though, ”If you change your mind want to talk or anything, let me know, OK? There are people here who care about you.” She was very serious about wanting to help her and caring about her.

At Liliana, Ayasha paused and gave a sniffle. ”She’s dead. I’m not entirely sure sure how but I think it was an accident.” She wasn’t sure how close Foxglove was with Lili. ”I’m sorry.” She offered, not sure what else she could say about her death. She didn’t know Foxglove very well.
[html]

Sure, she'll probably excuse herself in my next post. ^^ Just skip the first two paragraphs, Idk. xD; 447 words.

They were so close in age, but Foxglove saw worlds between them. The two scouts knew such different aspects of the world, and despite their proximity in age and even appearance in the slightest way, they could not have been more different, she mused. If she had stayed with her mother and had not been subjected to the hardships of war, if she had not run with the gypsies for half of her life before coming here, then perhaps she would be more like Ayasha. She did not know the difficulties the white girl might have faced, but she knew enough of her own to know that the pair of scouts were drastically different and had known different lives.

Did she regret leaving with her mother and Poppy instead of staying with her father and Magnolia? No, though she would not deny that such a thing might have led to her having a much more normal life. Just as she did not regret that, she did not regret leaving her mother and sister with the Hungarian pack to run with the gypsies. She even did not regret leaving the gypsies to return to the area and she did not begrudge her decision to join the tribe, even after they had imprisoned her and harmed her because of the blood that ran in her veins. The choices she had made in life had shaped her and determined who she was, and she knew that she was glad to be who she was, even if she was facing so many hardships.

Again came the offer of help or assistance if she should ever need it, but Foxglove replied again with a small shake of her head. There was nothing that the white scout could do to help her, and even if there was, the gypsy girl did not know that she would even want her help. She did not think she wanted anyone's help at all. At least, she did not want the help of the members of this tribe, for she did not feel as if they wanted her there. Foxglove did not feel as if she was a true member of the tribe, and so she did not want anything they had to offer her.

Dead.

The word rang in her ears and she did not hear the rest of Ayasha's sentence. Liliana could not be dead; she simply couldn't be. The girl slid to her knees, her palms pressed against the soil. She felt as if she was going to be ill. "Ó, milyen lehetett ez megesik! Olyan rossz, igen rossz! Én nem hiszek! Miért!" she moaned, forgetting for a moment that Ayasha was even there.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
WC: 204

It would seem that the offer of help was not accepted. But she wasn’t insulted. Instead Ayasha felt sorry for Foxglove. She probably felt abandoned by the Tribe and she didn’t quite blame her. If Ayasha was in her shoes, she would feel that way as well. Of course, she hadn’t ever been like that but she still felt empathy for the other scout.

But there was no point in continually bringing up her offer of help when Foxglove didn’t want it. So they feel into what seemed like a rather awkward silence. This meeting brought up bad feelings towards Maska and betrayal towards Dawali. He had just given up and didn’t fight for his tribe. He even went along with Maska. But he did help free Anu. But that didn’t make up for the fact that he essentially abandoned the Tribe.

Her thoughts were startled when Foxglove spoke in a foreign tongue. But she wasn’t speaking to Ayasha so she simply gave her a confused look and asked gently, ”Are you alright?” Even if Foxglove didn’t want any help but she was still her tribemate and Ayasha would help her in anyway possible, even if it was just making sure everything was fine.
[html]

214 words

For a moment after her outburst, Foxglove forgot that she was not alone in where she stood, that Ayasha was right in front of her. As the quiet question reached her, permeated the block she had put up around her mind, the young hybrid stared at her. What kind of question was that? That was not a fair thought, she knew. Ayasha would have no way of knowing the anguish that Foxglove was feeling, and so she would no proper way of responding to the outburst. Foxglove's teary eyes gave way to a dull gaze as she slumped again to the ground. Ayasha had done nothing to her, and she really did not dislike the other scout.

"No," she admitted with a deep, defeated sigh. "Could you please... Help me up?" She did not like asking the other female for help, but she did not feel strong enough to stand on her own. Her horse could help her back to her hut, and she could lay there for a bit and rest. She looked at Ayasha pleadingly. "I would like to go and rest now... I apologize for my prior outburst... The news came as a shock is all." Foxglove felt defeated now, weakened by the news, and she was grasping for composure now.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]