Angels will sell their wings
[html]

She didn't know what she could do, but she had to do something. Naniko truly believed that if everyone just communicated a little better, and didn't rush to conclusions...that things wouldn't be happening the way they were. She knew some of the story from the leadership meeting that they'd had...but not nearly enough. And not their side. From what she had been told, Haku didn't remember doing what he had done. But that didn't mean that he should not get some form of punishment. It wasn't up to her to decide what punishment, either; she believed that Inferni should be allowed to decide, because it was one of theirs that he killed.

Another thing that she knew about was family ties. The male had a very big extended family...wolves that he would probably be backed by. Pretty much all of Dahlia de Mai. Naniko had no personal connection to him, though...so she wasn't concerned with what happened to him.

The pregnant female came to the outside edge of the borders, sitting down. She would be as polite as she could when she spoke to him...if it was him that came. She knew him, from more than a year ago...but wasn't sure if he would remember her. She'd looked much different then. Maybe, though, even if he didn't know her...maybe he'd listen to her anyway. There was a chance that she'd have to run, (she was no fighter, especially not in her condition) but it was worth it for this. For the pack.

[/html]
[html]

indent Had Gabriel known that Haku was claiming ignorance, he would have spat in his face. There was no excuse for doing what he had done. That took time, patience, persistence. Fits of madness he could understand, but his were very different. Gabriel was well aware of the terrible things he had done and had confessed them all. He could sleep at night, knowing he was saved. He could sleep at night knowing his children were safe.
indent Except he rarely slept at night. Voices kept him awake, ever aware of the knife he was walking on. The wolves gathered, and Dahlia de Mai is attempting to lead the packs against you, Fatin had said. Don’t make the mistake your mother did, his father had reminded, bearing scars to prove his point. In his heart, Gabriel knew this was all true. If he did nothing, they would come for him and his clan, and try and destroy them. Inferni was not weak, not by half--you cannot survive on strength alone. He grunted and finished off the cigarette, rubbing it out on the stone he was seated on. It was at that point the wind turned and he caught an all too familiar scent.
indent Not five minutes later did he find her, a pale woman whom he had only met once before. She had grown since then, in more ways then one. He did not miss her belly, nor fail to understand what it meant. Whatever she was here for, war was not the agenda. The hybrid, dirty gold-brown and black, regarded her with sober silence. “What do you want?” He asked finally, yellow eyes burning in the moonlight.

[/html]
[html]

"I thought that one of us ought to be the bigger man...or...woman, and get everything out in the open. I suppose they'd rather fight it out, but I'd prefer the alternate." It was obvious who 'they' were; the only pack that Inferni was truly interested in, to her knowledge. "They're harbouring a rapist and murderer...and we don't agree with that." Rape...under some circumstances, that could be forgiven. Like Lucifer's case, with Dierdre. Both of the wolves had been on drugs and had been drinking that night...so she had given him the benifit of the doubt back then, and Lucifer had proven himself to be a very loyal and trustworthy pack member. But murder? That could not be forgiven.

"I also came to apologize to you for the actions of a Twilight Vale male...who came to your lands a week or so ago with ill intent. My mate. I spoke with him about it. I don't think that fighting is ever the answer, but he did start it, so I don't fault you."

Conri would be very, very angry if he found out that she was over here...but she didn't care any more. She was definitely being hypocritical, coming over here when she'd berated him for venturing over to Inferni...but her reasons were very, very different than his had been.
[/html]
[html]

indent He listened to her silently, regarding her with the contempt one carries for a near-stranger. She was someone who had nearly cost him everything once, and he did not forget that. It did not surprise him that she objected to such taboo things as rape and murder, but he understood the way people like her worked. Hypocrites and heretics, crying out ignorance and begging forgiveness. They deserved nothing but the fury of an older God and the hellfire that awaited them.
indent She spoke of the pack to the south, and her own mate, whom Gabriel had intended to kill out of some sort of vague loyalty. Conri had killed Hollow, after all. “So what do you want?” Short, brisk, cold. He knew the answer, but he needed to hear her say it.

[/html]
[html]
My new medicine makes me so exhausted/drowsy/out of it. Posts may be short and out of whack.

"I want what you want. What would be best for us and best for you. If we aligned ourselves behind Dahlia de Mai...well, that'd be one very large group. I don't know how well Inferni would fare." She was quiet for a little while, watching him, considering. "But, like I said. We don't want to fight unless we have a good reason to. I think that you should make sure we don't have a reason to get involved. Keep your clan away from our borders and out of our lands."

Surely he would agree, as a leader, that this was what was best for Inferni. He wouldn't care about Twilight Vale's well being, naturally, but maybe he would see the benifits of what her words implied. A bit more safety for Inferni, a little less violence. "I would also be willing to offer sanctuary to the injured from either side, if it is needed. I am a healer."

[/html]
[html]

indent He smiled thinly, unimpressed by her vague threat. “I’m not afraid of you people,” he said quietly, his eyes so solemn and so certain there was no doubt this was the truth. He had fought them before, and the people he cared about were safe and out of harms reach. If he fell, if Inferni fell, they would come back. They always came back. This much knowledge was enough to let him know that in some small way, they were immortal.

indent “I’ll tell you what I told him; go home. We’ll remain neutral with your pack as long as you do the same.” He spoke no obvious threat, but his eyes implied it. Otherwise I’ll bring you and your family to ruin.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Oh, why'd you have to be so cute?

"You should be." Naniko shrugged, agreeing to what he said. "Sounds good. Any unprovoked attacks from either side, and it's off. I'll inform my mate...though I doubt he'll be up and around any time soon." The girl stood up again, taking a few steps back. "If you have any injured later on...send them our way. As long as they don't fight with my wolves, I'll heal them as best I can." She left it at that, turning to pad away from him, back to Twilight Vale.

[/html]
[html]

indent She would have liked to threaten him, to make him feel like there was some danger in her little pack. Their leaders were a cripple and a pregnant girl, and he doubted the rest of the pack would make up for that. He could kill Conri without much effort—and he knew that his brother’s (half and in-law) would have no trouble with taking out the girl who so long ago had caused the clan so much trouble. So he smiled, eyes dark, and watched her leave.

[/html]