a little r&r
[html]
Sorry for the cruddy post. / +325

The cavern was perfect for a den.

Grimwell was distant enough from the main hub of activity in Inferni, the mansion where many of the clan’s members seemed to gather, and yet it was close enough that she could head there if she wanted to. Her own tunnel faced out toward the forest she frequented. More importantly, it wasn’t human-constructed; she didn’t trust the old buildings and forsook whatever comforts the luperci used. While she accepted by now that she was one of them, part of her still wanted to prove she was just as comfortable in an old cavern.

As happy as she was with her newly claimed home, Vesper was reluctant to leave it. She lifted herself from the floor, trotting through the tall but narrow tunnel into the morning sunlight. Tilting her head back, she let the warmth wash over her face, contrasting sharply with the chill that affected the rest of her body. It would be one of those days—enough sunshine to tempt the coyotes outside but not enough to keep them warm.

She was grateful for her winter coat as she stepped a distance away from the tunnel and settled down into the grass in front of the caves. Once she was sure that she was alone, she took the time to shift into her optime form—the more surface area to stretch out and absorb the sunlight. On her back, she folded her arms behind her head and swished her tail through the frost-covered grass, grateful that today the snow had held off.

The sight of ravens in the sky kept her interest; their shapes were dark against the bright blue sky. Squinting slightly, she watched them whirl around before a few of them headed back west to where she supposed the flock normally stayed. It seemed that today would be a quiet one—or at least she could hope… Her life had been too damn fast-paced lately.

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: Enter Omni in Optime...Such a beautiful table you made for me<3 Shush, your post was delish, better than mine by far.

The woman had sworn that today she would accomplish something, anything today. But so far there was nothing, Omni had went on a hunt earlier in the morning but it proved unsuccessful. Aquamarine orbs danced over the outdoor terrain, the sun was warming; the day had heated up slightly, different from the wintry cool. In her Optime form, Omni was lean and wiry, long elegant legs padded on, some dead leaves crunched under her weight. Still unfamiliar to her new home of Inferni, the russet beauty had quickly decided to explore her new home and if lucky, catch a few meals. Something caught the fae's eyes, someone laying down basking in the sunlight. Her coloring was very different from her own sorrel and red tones. Omni approached with the grace of a cat, silent to the Optime woman's ears. The woman smelled of Inferni and it was a great opportunity to meet her clan-mates. Jumping up behind her, in good humor, Omni shouted "Boo!" Leaping away, the Tirones sat down on the soft ground, crossing her legs one over the other. "Sorry." Curiosity was lit in her azure eyes, dipping her muzzle shyly; Omni muttered "I'm Omni."The boisterous crowing of birds diverted her attention skyward. "Kinda annoying huh?" An impish grin was plastered over her pretty face, maybe they could chase them away, anything.
<style type="text/css">
.omnired b {font-weight:bold; color:#c52f1f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#572613 1px 1px 1px;}
.omnired p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.omnired p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.omnired .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c52f1f; text-shadow:#572613 1px 1px 1px;}
.omnired p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.omnired {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad6246; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3uHoP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:315px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#572613; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
+320

Vesper allowed her eyelids to flutter shut as she relaxed, her dark-dappled chest rising and falling gently. She had traveled far the previous night, wandering around the neutral territories in a fruitless search, and only finding the cavern had brightened her spirits. Her legs were feeling the ache despite the help of canine endurance, and she stretched them out.

A new clan-member’s scent reached her when she inhaled, and while she momentarily opened her blue eyes, she decided shortly after that it wasn’t worth the trouble. If they wanted to bother her, they would do so, and relocating wasn’t going to change that.

“Boo!”

The coywolf sat bolt upright at the unexpectedly loud, close sound, already whirling around with her lips curled back and her ears lowered. She faced the troublemaker on hands and knees, her bad-tempered expression eased only by curiosity as she stared at the russet woman who now sat cross-legged, her expression almost shy.

The Vigiles could only shake her head once in disbelief. Such a greeting she might have expected from a pup, or a yearling from a more laidback pack, but not a woman her age—and not one who, moments after her outburst, spoke quietly. Was the introverted mumbling an act?

Vesper hardly had the time to say anything when the wiry woman noted the circling birds, and with a snort, the tawny female said, “I could name something more annoying than birds.” She offered the newcomer a pointed smirk then settled down on her paws, sitting kneeling before her.

“So you said your name was Omni?” the watchwoman asked. Her mind had been scrambled by the surprise, and it was all she could do to think backwards to what the stranger had said. That, and Omni herself provided a bit of a distraction; Ves couldn’t deny that she was an attractive specimen. She managed to smirk lightly and offer, “I’m Vesper—a Vigiles.”

<style type="text/css">
.vespyy b {font-weight:bold; color:#a45927; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f1707; }
.vespyy {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#533920; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7efhU.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8b744b; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

:: Oooh....Guess who sucks at posting??? Me! Sorry for the crappiness

Omni watched the woman watch her with curiosity as she was on her hands and knees. Chocolate ears flattened themselves against her brown hair as the coyote-woman smirked. Saying more clearly after what Vesper said about her being more annoying, Omni tried to defend herself. "I didn't mean to...It was an impulse. I can leave and you can go back to whatever it is you were doing." The birds still circled and it was seriously irritating the coy-wolf, making her want to yell all of the obsenities she knew to them. Her crossed leg position turned to more that of a shy posture, pulling her legs to her chest and wrapping her arms around them. She distanced herself slightly, not wanting to piss off Vesper even more. Feeling guilty for ruining the woman's rest, Omni stayed quiet, snapping her maw closed and restricting the words from flowing out. Out of the corner of her eye, Vesper didn't look as upset with her sudden outburst but it would be a not so great idea to say much. As the coy-woman told Omni her rank, it confused the russet female. "Good for you. I'm a Tirones." How would she be able to get a better more respectable rank? She still was guilty, and didn't meet the woman's eyes.
<style type="text/css">
.omnired b {font-weight:bold; color:#c52f1f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#572613 1px 1px 1px;}
.omnired p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.omnired p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.omnired .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#c52f1f; text-shadow:#572613 1px 1px 1px;}
.omnired p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.omnired {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ad6246; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3uHoP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:315px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#572613; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
Eep, sorry for the wait! /+304

The russet woman flattened her ears and swiftly apologized, and Vesper glanced over at her with a small frown. She hadn’t been altogether serious in implying that the newcomer was annoying her; perhaps the greeting could have gone better, but the Vigiles was in a decent enough mood that it didn’t matter. If not, the woman would be on the receiving end of fangs rather than teasing.

Blue eyes watched the petite coyote curl in on herself slightly, arms encircling her drawn-up knees, and Vesper let out a sigh. “It’s okay, you know. Maybe be more careful with who you greet like that—but I’m not mad, all right?” She flashed the slightest of smirks, a thin white line of teeth stretching across her muzzle. She wanted to make the other feel more relaxed, though it was rare for another to withdraw as she did around the small hybrid. Vesper liked to think that she was intimidating, but the sad truth was that her scars evoked more disgust and pity than respect, except for some of the stronger warriors in Inferni who understood such badges. This girl reminded her of the other sad-hearted ones that she’d met in neutral territories, and her frown took on a touch of concern.

She nodded lightly as the other offered their own rank: the starting one, one that Vesper had held as her own a couple of months ago. She hoped the other didn’t think she was rubbing her higher rank in her face; it helped to know where one stood in the clan, who was above and below you, who you might admire or need to teach. She offered another small smirk.

“A Tirones…” Vesper repeated. “So you are new and I’m not just ignorant.” She wagged her tail once in hope the other would stop worrying.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Omni Cadeaux

Word Count → 000 :: Using the table ya made XD

A creamy tipped tail wagged as Vesper was acting friendly towards her after she had apologized. The russet feya returned the hybrid's grin, and sat back normally. "I still shouldn't have done that though." Her face showed that she wasn't upset or too guilty to handle it, but tried to be better company. There was something about this female that was slightly comforting, the light colored female was trying to make her feel better, it gave a sense of respect for the girl for Omni. There were absolutely no ill thoughts of the woman, in fact Omni was rather happy to have company at all. The scars littered over the female's body gave her a fierce attribute, the fight of a warrior. "Yeah I'm fairly new...Not sure if I feel at home here yet. Still getting settled." With a shrug of her shoulders the russet femme watched the birds overhead screeching. "Wonder what they are doing. Must be some dead things over there. Most likely afraid of us." Blue eyes gazed into the bushes curiously and with much interest, siting up on her knees much like a meerkat. Omni shook her head and turned back to Vesper, attempting to make some conversation. "I'm guessing you've been here a little while. How'd you wind up here?" Omni didn't exactly know why she was here, maybe just that instinctual need to take root somewhere and Inferni seemed fitting. Her mind still buzzed and fretted over which rank should be taken up later.

Feeling more relaxed, Omni lay on her abdomen, glancing around the area. The day was beautiful and quite warm. Heat seemed to gather mostly in her dark auburn hair, warmer it seemed than the rest of her creamy fur. It was a fairly pleasant sensation and felt rather satisfying. Glancing back at the other female, "Nice day for laying around right? I could do this for a while." She chuckled at her words, the sound was low and throaty, nothing of a maniac's laughter. A gentle smile was directed at Vesper, feeling still guilty and wanted to fix things up.  

<style type="text/css">
.omnileaf .space {float:right; width:350px; height:450px;}
.omnileaf  b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.omnileaf p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.omnileaf p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.omnileaf .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; }
.omnileaf .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Give You Glory'; text-align:center; text-shadow:#241c11 1px 0px 1px; color:#ffffff; margin:20px}
.omnileaf p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.omnileaf {width:98%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#766352; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RaXzc.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#241c11; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>

[html]
Idk where this length came from, but here. xD /sswm 656

Finally the russet girl relaxed slightly, and Vesper nodded once to agree and to cement the forgiveness on her end. “There are less than friendly canines in Inferni,” she muttered, thinking of Helotes’ dark brother in particular, though there were plenty of other aggressive faces in the fire clan. “Just because you’re a clan mate doesn’t mean they won’t be far nastier to you.” She tilted her head, another teasing and somewhat devilish smirk shifting her scarred, angular features. “You’re lucky you’re pretty.” The compliment escaped her lips easily and almost mockingly, but her words were genuine, carrying an edge of softness despite her tone. She made an effort for her blue eyes to turn elsewhere.

“I was there myself a couple of months ago,” the pale tawny hybrid said. “Once you find a duty, a purpose, it gets easier.” She paused. “Actually, I’m still settling in; I was a loner most of my life, so while I’ve found a den and have responsibilities to get done, it’s still kinda hard to adjust to being around so many other canines.” She would get used to it, though; at least Inferni wasn’t full of those fool wolf girls who bounced around and bothered her at the worst times. Here she could get her point across and be left alone rather than pestered with continuous questions and giggles and whatever else.

Omni glanced up at the ravens once more, and Vesper smirked faintly at her upright posture before shrugging as well. “I heard that Inferni works together with the ravens. We leave them alone and help them out, and they scout for us. I’ve yet to go anywhere near the fiends though.” If she wanted to advance in the scouting tier, however, she might have to investigate this partnership, as odd as it was for her to interact with non-canine animals on a deeper level than predator and prey.

The question caught her off guard, though she knew it shouldn’t have if Omni was simply trying to get to know her clan mates. Shifting her weight and settling herself as comfortably as she could in this two-legged form, she contemplated how much to tell the woman. It probably didn’t matter either way, whether she revealed all or little or lied outright.

And so she went with the truth, which was easiest. “Since autumn. I had always been interested in Inferni, but never made the conscious decision to join until the leaves fell.” She paused, lifted a paw absently to touch one of the claw marks on her compact body. “I was attacked. Near death, I managed to reach the borders. The healer Enkiel took me in and saved my life.” She skipped over the tale of the infection that had turned her luperci and her painful transformation in the patient’s room. “While I was recovering, I got to know the clan better and eventually decided to make it my home.”

After the tale, she wondered if she’d said too much quantity-wise, if Omni had expected a short casual answer rather than her rambling. It was too late to recall any of the words, though, and so she shrugged and settled down in the grass once more. Her small androgynous body stretched out, nose to tail, and she rolled onto her side only to be able to look at the other woman better.

“No kidding,” she replied with a grinning smirk to the other’s remark about the amazing weather. “I’ll be doing this for as long as I can before I inevitably get restless and have to patrol again.” As a loner, the luxury of sleeping in until midday and lolling around lazily in the grass had been extremely rare if existent at all. She was much more used to constant moving, constant watching, constant hunting. But at least giving in to her old, overbearing survival instincts would keep her on top of things and keep her senses sharp.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]