Lead our woes asunder ‘neath the proud veins
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.cen {margin:0 auto;}
.tayshae {margin:0 auto;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/ ... middle.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:repeat-y; width: 410px; background-color: #ECE3A3;color: #031E73; font-family: verdana; font-size: 0.9em; line-height: 1.4em;}
.tayshae .in {padding:10px}
.tayshae .in .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:95%}
.tayshae .line {border-bottom:1px solid #031E73;margin-bottom:10px;line-height:0.8em}
.tayshae .in p {margin:0; padding:0; text-indent:25px;}
.tayshae .in b {color: #DF0D8C; font-weight: bold;}</style>

For Shae and Éloise, the Northern edge of Quartz Shoreline, near Anathema.

She hadn't ventured so close to the foothills in years. She had always loved coming down to the beach and watching the water when she'd been one of the leaders of Shadowed Sun. But it was so easy to forget everything, especially those things that made her happy, when she was so hellbent on revenge. It hurt to know what she'd lost and too, what she was giving up for this plan. She knew it was worth it, so she bore the pain with her head and tail held high because she knew it was the right thing to do. But she also knew that allowing herself a bit of happiness was acceptable as well.

As she considered these things, she thought about her recent encounter with Jazper. At first she hadn't recognized him, but after a bit of discussion, she eventually came to remember him. He'd been a small, sickly pup and she remembered him as a child; certainly not a grown man.

She yawned and then stretched her limbs. First, she stood up. Then, she leaned back, sticking her bum in the air and stretching her forelegs. She yawned again, stretched her back by arching up, and then shook her pelt. With that, she trotted toward the water. She dipped a toe in the water and quickly jumped back. It was, as expected, freezing. She let out one quick laugh and then turned to leave.

Table by Kate!

[/html]
[html]

I like yo table ;D. I’m SOOOO sorry for the delay. Eloise is in lupus form.
sosu: 360

Éloise had gotten sick of her urban home. It had started getting dark so early in the day and she felt like her days were being wasted in that concrete jungle. So she had fled in the early morning, aching paws being pushed to their absolute maximum. With every lift of her feet, the movement brought shooting pains up her leg. They felt like there was no more distance to be walked in this set of paws; however, Él pushed on.

The morning had broken frozen and chilly, but her arctic coat prevented her from feeling most of the chill. She smiled a little when the shoreline appeared. It had been so long since she had seen it that its sudden appearance was a bit too much for her to handle. It only reminded her of traveling, which was something she felt she did a little too often. Still, it was enjoyable to see it now. The winds were picking up and bringing her the scent of the sea to her charcoal nose. The older woman sighed happily, glad to take a rest from her trek to nowhere, but that sigh quickly ended when a painfully familiar scent crossed her nose. The woman narrowed her eyes, not entirely sure what to expect. She had picked up the scent here and there in this area since she arrived, but it had never quite been this strong before.

Tayui was here.

She sniffed with intent; despite her old age she rushed into action, running with all her might to the source of the smell. It was still far off, but she knew she could catch her sister if she was fast enough. Her slight body enabled her to nimbly step around the various hazards the shoreline showed her, and with her age she knew the fastest she could run without hurting herself.

There, a few hundred feet away, stood a ghost that she hadn’t seen in years. Éloise barked, choosing to stay far away just in case Tayui would choose to fight. The girl shook her head. This wasn’t what she was expecting out of her excursion from the city…

[/html]
[html]

Ooo how shocking! I do too! 8D And Tayui is in lupus as well!

Of all the things she had expected coming out here, it was certainly not a ghost. Tayui heard a bark, and at first, didn’t notice anything. It sounded exactly like a normal wolf’s bark. But when she turned, she knew it was not possible. Even if Aurèle had gotten out of their birthpack alive, Tayui knew that the odds that Éloise had done the same were slim to none. Tayui knew that Karina had died at Daedalus’ paws and that Daedalus had gone straight after the youngest ones, taking out the weakest first. Tayui had always suspected that Daedalus had gotten to Barthélémy, too, since he had never been that strong. But Barthélémy was just a guess: she knew for certain that Daedalus had murdered Éloise, just like Tayui’s other younger sibling.

So, when Tayui saw Éloise from a distance, still and silent, so Tayui mimicked the action (or, inaction). Tayui stood still and offered her ghostly sister a small smile. She had mistaken Aurèle for a ghost, but she wouldn’t make the same mistake again. She quickly trotted over to where her sister was, but as she drew near, she saw that her seemingly ghostly sister was not so transparent after all. What in the world was going on?

“Éloise,” she stated, her smile faltering. She shook her head in wonder. She took a few more steps closer and leaned in to lick her muzzle in greeting. This would prove whether or not her sister was real, a hallucination, or a ghost.

Table by Kate!

[/html]
[html]

Eloise wasn’t running towards Tayui, she was very much stationary, but it’s no big deal. Also, the use of Honoré has been approved by Jess <3
SOSU: 275

Éloise had the wind knocked out of her once before, and that reason was completely unrelated to her family. But this time, her mind did a pirouette as she stared at someone she thought she would never see again. Her pale, ghostly sister…Él’s ears flattened at the sight, but felt herself running towards her long-forgotten sister. Tayui nuzzled her carefully, and for a moment Él didn’t return it. Despite the warmth that came from her sister’s muzzle, she still couldn’t believe it to be true. Icy blue eyes stared back at Tayui’s peculiar bi-colored ones… eyes that always made her uncomfortable. After a moment, Éloise did give her sister the customary wolf greeting, licking her aged muzzle with care.

“Tayui,” the woman said in response to the other woman’s statement. This… was weird, to say the least. “So you are here… Honoré spoke the truth.” Her eyes were narrowed, more confused than she ever thought possible. How, of all the wolves in the world, did she run into this one? Honoré had spoken often of a relatively peaceful land that Tayui had found and settled down in. Éloise thought she had taken a wrong turn here and there, but she wasn’t intending on finding her sister again. Tayui was more well-liked than Él herself and the ashen girl resented that. She narrowed her eyes again, dusty white paws awkwardly kicking the frozen dirt beneath her feet.

Suddenly, the woman wished she was back on the road with her stupid brother; at least back then things were simple. Life just got more complicated, Él was sure of it.

[/html]
[html]

Derp! I edited it so it's not wrong now 8)
Also Tayui STILL doesn't know that Liesl from Daedalus, so she still thinks Daedalus killed Éloise and Karina. Derphurp.

When she felt -- really felt -- her sister, shock flooded her entire body. Éloise was alive! Tayui would have never thought it was possible; not after what Daedalus had done to Karina. Tayui had never thought that Éloise had survived. But as more and more of Tayui's siblings had ventured to 'Souls, her perceptions of her childhood home were slowly and carefully being reworked. Aurèle was alive -- though she had suspected as much since her sister was too cold to die -- and so too was her goofy brother, Honoré. Tayui was fairly certain that Karina was dead (wasn't she? Was her memory disappearing already?) and she had no idea what to expect of her other dopey brother, Barthélémy. But of all her siblings, Éloise was the last one she had expected to see.

"And you -- Éloise -- you're... alive," she said. Her words were whispered in an airy awe and barely spoken. Then she paused, processing what her sister had said. She had seen Honoré. Tayui frowned and then stopped, her mind racing. Her brother, too, was safe. For a second, Tayui didn't know what to think.

"Honoré," she said slowly. "When I was in AniWaya, he was there too. I -- I'm not in AniWaya anymore, but those were some of the happiest days of my life," she said. Sadness touched her words as she recalled just why they were no longer the happiest days of her life. And then, realizing she still had no answers as to how her sister was here, she asked: "how did you get out? Of our home? I thought you were dead. I thought Daedalus killed you."

Table by Kate!

[/html]
[html]

Since I’m still super lame and I haven’t fully come up with Él’s back story yet (don’t hate me >_<) this is going to be hella vague. Big Grin

“Daedalus?” the ashy woman chuckled, shaking her head. “No, no. Liesl killed Karina, but then she killed herself right after. I left right after she died. I… probably shouldn’t have, but I thought the leaders would have blamed me for her suicide. ” Her words were dark and full of information Tayui probably had never heard before. Of all the wolves in their birth pack, Él would have never expected Liesl to come after her. It still, to this day, made no sense. “I think she went mad, Tayui,” was her only possible explanation. It didn’t make any sense otherwise. Él still had no idea why Liesl went after Karina. It wasn’t fair. She was still a child then.

But Éloise had no intention of speaking of their far past, it was too long ago to bring up such atrocities. They were better left forgotten. “Yes, Honoré did speak of that place. I particularly like Halifax, myself. I’ve been there for quite a while now. I don’t think any packs have any use for an old woman like me anymore. The urban jungle has been quite exhilarating, actually.” Despite all the resentment Él had built up over the years, she still gave her sister a small (but still menacing) smile.

[/html]
Hey, that's fine ! Tayui's mind has just been blown.

[html]
[/html] It couldn't be. After all her time thinking that Daedalus had been the one to betray and destroy her family, it had been Liesl? But that didn't make any sense, either. Daedalus -- he had been the one to chase Tayui from her home and he had been the one that had given her the scar. He'd pushed her away and he had been the one to kill Karina. The note -- hadn't it said it all? Liesl killed herself because of Daedalus. But if Éloise was telling the truth, then what did all this mean? If Liesl had been the murderess, why had she done it? Had she written the note to frame Daedalus? What was going on?

Tayui felt like she was swimming in a sea and she couldn't see land in any direction. She was so suddenly overwhelmed. She stumbled and then sat down as she tried to process everything. She blinked, trying to keep back tears, trying to keep her emotions in check. She could hear Éloise continue to speak, but she knew that none of it was registering. It took her a few seconds after Éloise finished speaking to finally hear was her sister had said.

"Halifax," she echoed numbly. "Honoré..." she said, letting the word inflect at the end as if it were a question. What did her brother have to do with this? Oh, yes, he had been in AniWaya. Honoré. He had seen Éloise. Oh -- he had told Éloise about this place.

"Sorry," she said. Her words were slow and careful. "I... I'm just... shocked..." She blinked and then shook her head. No, she had to be strong. They could talk about this more later. "I'm just glad to know you're okay -- and alive." [html]
[/html]