In a world of pure imagination
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:

1. Character Name: Urma
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 22nd May 2007
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci Verto
4. Canine Subspecie: --
5. Gender: Female
6. Your e-mail: divine_elocution@yahoo.com
7. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): ithen_tinehtel@hotmail.com
8. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I've already RP-ed here with Urma as a Lone Wolf
9. Initial post: IC section of this post, following as a continuation of this thread

I will also be absent between the 24th of June-27th of June with scarce to no internet access. I apologize for the inconvenience.

IC:

Reassured by Pilot's words about Shadowed Sun, Urma allowed herself a small, hopeful smile as she walked by his side the rest of the way to the pack. The woods around them seemed somehow more inhabited the more they shortened the distance between themselves and Shadowed Sun, yet the night remained as foreboding as ever, despite Pilot's company that had the unusual effect of security, soothing her and minimizing her worries. She sensed the fact that he was tired-- she could barely understand how she had failed to notice it before, when she had been following him from a small distance, trying, but failing in the end to conceal herself. She felt that somehow the journey was taking so long due to her delays, though there were no significant ones except for a few seconds of rest for her wounded paws. The earth was very different here than the one from the lands she came from, and her paws had had a hard time getting accustomed to the dampness and the sharp rocks, so different from the soft caress of the crisp snow.

Every so often she would dare a quick glance in Pilot's direction. There was something about him that made her think of home, of belonging. The white of their fur matched, yet the colour of his eyes exceeded her bland one. She shivered with anticipation as she watched the white wolf in silence, thinking about the things that had happened today and of her unexpected opportunity to become part of something that seemed so enchanting. As they reached the borders of Shadowed Sun, she slowed down her pace until she finally stopped, smelling the air, her ears pricked for any sound and her eyes taking in her surroundings. She looked at Pilot, speechless, afraid to move lest she'd break the spell that seemed to have captured her senses. "So this is home now, is it?" She was asking it more for him, to whom Shadowed Sun was home, but part of her wanted the question to actually ask whether or not this was allowed to be her home too.
[/html]
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm going to go ahead and have you titled up. Feel free to post anywhere in SS.[html]

The walk didn’t take long, but as they slowly strolled towards Shadowed Sun, Pilot felt as if it would be years before they finally stepped into the pack’s borders. When the familiar scented line was passed by, Pilot smiled with satisfaction that he had finally made it. Though he had only traveled for a small stretch with Urma, he had traveled his share plenty earlier that day.

"Yup, this is home. You’ll be able to see things better in the morning light." He turned to her, finding some comfort in the fact that her fur was pristine white like his. Like Dierdre’s. "You’ll be Shadowed Sun’s newest Periokoi and I’m sure you’ll learn your way around in no time." He led the two onward, further past the territory’s borders and inland to where many of the members had made their resting grounds. Pilot’s den wasn’t too far from here.

It wasn’t an offer one would usually make, but Pilot felt some sort of compassion for her. "My son and I sleep just over there in that den beside the garden. You’re welcome to stay with us tonight if you want. I know it’s not all that great to sleep out in the open. Tomorrow you’ll easily be able to scout out a spot for your own." He gave her a reassuring nod, and began walking towards the den. "If not, the library is always a good place to catch some shut eye. Unless you don’t mind sleeping outside."

[/html]
[html]
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk42 ... m_bot1.jpg) no-repeat bottom; padding-top: 20px;">

OOC:
You have nothing to thank me for, I thank you for being willing to do a continuation thread with me. =) And thank you for the approval.

IC:

Urma listened to him, finding his words and the tone of his voice comforting. Somehow drowsiness seemed to finally take over her and she dared a small, almost uncomfortable smile at his offer. "I can't wait to see it all at sunrise. It's usually the time of day I get up at." She knew her trouble with sleeping would help her get up to see the pack lands bathed in the morning sun. She let a small silence wrap themselves and the surrounding darkness in its eerie quiet before looking up at him and giving him a shy, sheepish smile, however more confident than the one before. "Thank you", she whispered. She knew she had found something just now that she would feel sorry to lose.

His offer took her by surprise. Her eyes widened just a tiny fraction, and she looked away as she said, "Would I be bothering you if I spent just this night in your den? I'll stay out of your way and sleep at the entrance so I can be gone before you wake up. You've already done more than enough for me. I don't want to complicate things for you any longer." Her tone was meek and subdued, gratitude etched in every word. "But if it's really too much of you to take me in for the night, I'll find some place around here. I've been sleeping outside in the Dampwoods ever since I got here so I believe another night wouldn't be so awful. Really. I don't want to be a burden." She stared at her paws intently, waiting any minute now for the pity to surface in Pilot's voice, the only thing as final acknowledgment to her uselessness.
[/html]
:][html]

"Don’t worry about it, really. It’s not that big of a deal." He led the way down towards the den, and cast a silver gaze over the herb garden. He felt a small sense of pride whenever he saw that it was doing well, as he had put a lot of effort when initially starting it. He was hoping that soon enough Shadowed Sun would have an herb collection to rival Twilight Vale’s. Naniko had been a great influence and help with Pilot’s medical endeavors, and he could only hope that one day he might have the same skill as her.

He ducked his head down and peered inside to see if Sirius had gone to sleep. He turned and looked back to Urma with a smile. "My son, Sirius, is already asleep. I’m not surprised. He’s still rather young – just about three months – and he tires himself out fairly quickly." If Urma would have known the lands better, he would have mentioned how Sirius had traveled all the way from Twilight Vale to Shadowed Sun. But without a sense of where the two were situated, the awe in the matter was lost.

"There’s plenty of room inside if you want to join us tonight." He flashed another smile, knowing that Dierdre would have offered the same generosity. Maybe that was why he was doing this. Maybe his youthful innocence and naïve tendencies were returning. Whatever it was, it didn’t matter. He ducked inside the den and made his way to Sirius’ side. He lay down on the furs, feeling his body thank him for finally letting it rest. He was glad that he had decided to dig the den large enough for several bodies.

[/html]
[html]

She smiled and nodded gently in what she hoped he'd see as a grateful way before following him. Just like she had done back in the Dampwoods while following him, she mirrored his movements and paused alongside him to stare in the direction he was looking in. There seemed to be a small garden for what seemed to be herbs-- she had only seen similar plants once, when one of her childhood pack members had found a type of medical plant as treatment for her brother's injuries. But if this was indeed Pilot's, it looked very well organized and very neat. With curiosity and awe in her voice, she slowly asked, "These are medical plants, right? Are they yours? Does Shadowed Sun grow such plants just in case?" She knew her tone of voice hinted, if not outright betrayed, that her former pack had been less organized. In a sense it shamed her that it was exactly her parents who were the Alphas of the pack.

Urma lowered her head as she walked inside the den, and she immediately spotted a small pup fast asleep. It was then that it hit her and she looked around the den quickly, almost frightfully. She backed away a bit, feeling her sense on edge and her mind racing for an answer. Whispering, so she would not wake the cub, she said, her voice shaky, "I'm sorry but I don't really think it would be appropriate for me to share your den for the night, as much as I appreciate your kindness." She really meant that, and she hoped Pilot would be able to see this for himself. In even a quieter tone of voice, if possible, Urma continued, "I am sorry... I would not like your mate to find me here. You have been so nice to me I wouldn't dream of getting you into trouble. And your son... I believe he would not take to finding a stranger asleep in his home when he wakes in the morning." Her discomfort was evident, and she could barely make herself stay put. Without even noticing, her eyes wandered to the furs on which Pilot had sat down, thoughts of a home far away and of the warmth of another body flooded her, spilling their memories and their secrets, retelling her for what must have been the millionth time the stories she had no means of forgetting. Lost in her train of thoughts, she barely got a grip on herself. By the time she had shoved the memories back into a quiet corner of her mind, she found that she was wondering what Pilot's fur would feel like. Still gazing at him, she almost lost herself to the following questions, before decisively pulling herself together, letting only this moment keep her alert.

And yet, where was Pilot's mate?
[/html]
:][html]

"Yes, they are medical plants," he informed Urma with a smile, happy to know that she shared some sort of interest in them. "I have the co-rank of Medicine Man, so I have been trying to build up a supply for Shadowed Sun. Just in case, like you said." The skins were soft beneath him, and he could hear the soft intake of breath as Sirius dreamed silently beside him. He wished that Apollo had decided to come too, but he wouldn’t push it. He understood that their initial home was Twilight Vale and that the two now had plenty of family there.

Pilot couldn’t help but chuckle a bit, though very softly. He smiled up at Urma, understanding where she was coming from. "Well you wouldn’t have to worry about that. I don’t have a mate." It hurt him a little to say that, since he had no idea where Dierdre was and if she was okay. He just wanted to know if she was alive, so when he told other people he didn’t have a mate, he would know what the true reason behind it was… death or separation. "I’m sure Sirius wouldn’t mind too much – he’s too curious and eager about the world that he would most likely be excited to find someone new around. But I respect your decision." He could really feel the fatigue claiming him now that he had finally settled down and given his legs a rest. "If you won’t change your mind, then feel free to head towards the Library or anywhere you please to find a spot to sleep tonight." He could help her dig a den in the morning if she wanted to.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:
Considering the both of them would probably need the few hours of sleep, would you like it if they went to sleep and maybe we could continue in the next replies with what would be the next morning, or would you rather we just finished the thread instead? I leave the choice entirely with you seeing as either way I wouldn't mind it. If you think there's nothing more to be role-played right now that's okay. I enjoy RP-ing with you, however, and I'd probably miss seeing the two around. But it's your decision =)

IC:

"At least from where I come from, I mean, my former pack, it was quite rare for any a wolf to assume any type of responsibility unless it was urgently needed. That's to say we never had any solid plans in case anything happened. My mother and father, the Alphas of the pack, mostly considered that by taking care of the eventualities, they're calling the problems to them. They were more of a 'go with the flow' type of wolves. It channeled to the other members as well, you can imagine." She paused a bit, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice as best she could. "But, from the little I've seen so far, and from what you've told me, Shadowed Sun is a whole different thing. It's much more consistent. I mean... I don't know much about it, but for it to have Medicine Men... it was uncommon, back in some regions of Europe."

His answer startled her. He didn't have a mate? But...his pup... What had happened? Sure, wolves didn't mate for life. But she couldn't imagine why someone would want to leave Pilot. He seemed so nice, he was so welcoming and forthcoming... Granted, she didn't know him. Not like his mate would have, at any rate. Maybe he had left her? That idea in itself seemed unlikely. Leave her willingly yet take the puppy? Or maybe... Her own memories flooded her yet again, pushing against her weak and tired defenses. Maybe something had happened to her. She wondered, idly, whether Pilot had been there, had had to witness something so terrible. It didn't matter what had happened to take her away. If it had been unrelated to them, it would have been unexpected, unwanted, and no matter how swift, still terrible for Pilot, who'd have to continue alone. She felt a great deal of compassion towards him, even unsure as she was whether this separation had been done willingly or not.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, her ears flat against her head and her tail between her legs. If her posture didn't betray her, then her look would surely do it. They'd make it clear, without the use of words, that, maybe in a different way, surely in a different way, she knew at least a small bit of what he was feeling. And even if it was of no immediate help, this knowledge, she had learned for herself that you needed, sometimes, people that knew something similar to what you were feeling, even if they didn't exactly know what you were talking about, didn't know everything there was to know, every detail. Urma moved forward a bit, slowly, her knees almost giving in to the comfort of the furs under her paws, and sat down gratefully, a little way away from Pilot and his son. She edged closer to the walls of the den, her back against the cool earth, the damp chill easing the warmth in her bones. She rested her head on her front paws, ears pricked a bit, her eyes half-closed with fatigue. She met Pilot's gaze for a moment, and muttered a grateful 'thank you' before shifting positions a bit so that she could rest as much of her body as she could on the furs, and closing her eyes.
[/html]