I'm so sane it's driving me crazy
[html]

Anyone welcome Smile

It was the dusk of the shortest day, somehow the lands seemed to know this, seemed to know that soon enough the days would become longer once again, that once again warmth and life would slowly begin to return to the snow covered lands. All around the chirruping of birdsong was audible, it had been distinctly lacking over the last month of so, the hardier birds that had chosen to stay and brave the cold Canadian winter seemed quieter than the birds that inhabited the trees in the warmer months, but today they seemed joyful, exuberant, almost as if they knew that the days would be getting longer from here. The trees themselves were completely bare, the branches always appeared gnarled when they were devoid of leaves, however there would come a time when they would be filled with blossoms once more, something that was closer now that the days were about to be getting longer once more. A thick carpet of snow covered the ground and yet more was falling, each flake floating gently towards the ground, spinning and dancing in the light breeze that blew. The snow gathered on the ledges of windows, on the branches of trees and began to drift against anything solid, it all seemed to be something of a picturesque winter time paradise this early evening. The moon had risen, though all that could be seen of it was a very faint glow behind some of the less robust snow clouds, all in all the land looked rather beautiful in the dimming light of the dusk. Through this the young Aatte female walked, her dark mane being ruffled by the winds as she did so. She had something of a skip in her step today, she was on the hunt for something extra special, it was her best friend Liam's birthday soon and she needed to find him something perfect, something that he would treasure. A slight look of awkwardness crossed the patchwork girl's features as she thought on Liam, the swirling feeling that she always felt when she thought of him had returned with full force, along with the feeling of crippling embarrassment. She had kissed him after all, she had not meant to, his head had been so close to hers and the swirling feeling just sort of forced her to do it, but now she felt a fool, surely he did not feel the same way about her? After all he was her best friend, she was frightened that she had ruined the whole thing with one silly moment.

Robin gave a sigh and rubbed a hand across her large blue eyes, she would have to find him something even more than perfect it seemed, something that would be a good apology as well, something that said "I'm sorry that I kissed you and made everything awkward between us, but I get this strange swirly feeling in the pit of my stomach whenever I see you or even think about you and it made me do it, anyway I'm sorry and happy birthday." It was going to have to be something really spectacular in order to say all of that. The young fermale sighed again and hitched her quiver and bow further up on her back, making sure that they were really secure before she set off on this hunt. The patchwork female took a deep breath and calmed the frustrating feeling within herself, the butterflies flipping in her stomach mixed with the tight knot of embarrassment. Soon enough she was calm enough to set off and so she began to pad towards the Chien Hotel, humming to herself as she did so.

Table by Marie Lyrics and image copyright disney

<style>
.robinhood p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.robinhood-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:500px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.robinhood p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.robinhood b {color:#c4eeb1; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.robinhood {background-color:#0c1a06; background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... ttetop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6ab848; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:500px; text-align:left; padding:285px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hi! I had to join! <3

The great wolves in the sky would be trading shifts now. The moon spirit had been working hard chasing the lunar orb across the heavens while its solar twin rested and only herded the sun for a few hours. It was now the longest night of the year, and the mythological beast for which Skoll was named was resting, preparing for the long daylight chases to come as winter passed.

The blonde puppy was still young, and it was rare that he would stay up this late at night, especially in this cold weather. He was a creature of sunlight, of birdsong and basking, and so he felt so out of place during the cold months after he’d been born. He was excited for the coming spring, however, the first spring and summer he would ever see. Maybe the flowers would come out and the fairies would show up and he wouldn’t have to make up stories anymore.

The prince bounded through the snow, its glittering whiteness dulled by the shadows falling across it. The tips of his fur was dusted with frost, and his pads were pretty cold, but he continued to run quietly through Cour des Miracles territory to investigate what changes came with the night. When someone told him that it was the longest one of the year, he of course assumed that there would be spirits or spooks hanging about. Wasn’t nighttime their favorite time? He tried to remember all the different tales everyone told him, but slowly the stories were muddled up together, and what he chose to remember would shape his beliefs.

A somewhat familiar scent tickled his nostrils, and Skoll yapped loudly in greeting as he sprang toward the hotel. He knew Robin more as his big brother’s friend than as an individual of her own, but that didn’t mean he didn’t like her still. His ears perked as he bounded through the snow toward her short brownish figure, tail flailing behind him.

“Robin! Whatcha doin’ out heeere?”

Word Count → 335

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait on this, new year was pretty hectic XD And yay! I've wanted a thread with Skoll for ages, I want to puke rainbows!!! He's soooo cute XD WC: 692

The young female could not deny that she was enjoying the dusk that had fallen around the lands, everything seemed to change as day turned into night, everything seemed to turn into a wonderland, old familiar areas became strange shadowy places filled with mystery and potential adventure, which was something that a hero in training like Robin relished in. The patchwork girl loved adventuring alone, however sometimes she felt the small pangs of loneliness that came with being on one's own, sometimes, like tonight, she wished that she could have someone with her, a partner in crime as it were, someone that would adventure with her and explore the night time lands. For a moment she considered going home and fetching Linden, but he had noticed her embarrassment when she had returned home from the incident with the fateful kiss and had been asking her over and over why she had been so flustered when she had arrived home; she could not cope with the incessant questioning tonight and she knew the only way to silence him would be to tell him the truth and that would most certainly come with merciless teasing, Linden was talented at making up little tunes... and him singing teasing remarks at her over and over was not something that the young patchwork Aatte wanted tonight. The idea of going and seeing if Liam would want to come exploring would crossed her mind, but the crippling embarrassment filled her stomach again and she decided against that too, she was not quite ready to face him, not yet, she knew that it would be awkward, besides she was not sure if she could control the swirly feeling in her stomach and that might lead to another awful kissing moment, she was not sure if Liam would forgive her another kiss, nor was she sure she could forgive herself. Besides she was on the hunt for the perfect present for the young healer and she couldn't have him helping her, it would ruin the surprise. She bounced a little as she walked along, humming to herself as she did so, until a small yapping caught the patchwork girl's attention.

She turned to see the small blonde frame of Liam's younger brother behind her, she grinned as her eyes fell on him, her tail beginning to wag furiously, it was good to see him. She had not seen Skoll for a fair while, he had been so much smaller when she had last seen him, when she had padded past the house and said hello to his mother and the three young puppies, for a moment she looked around, blue eyes searching for the other two, wondering if it had become a group adventure this evening, but no, it seemed to be just the two of them. Skoll spoke and the young Aatte grinned, her tail wagging even more furiously.
”Hi Skoll, I was out here having an explore. What are you doing out here?” She asked the young male, grinning at him, kneeling down on the snowy ground so that she was at the same level as he was, it made it easier for the Optime girl to talk to the small puppy. She smiled at him, wondering why he had come out here all this way alone, then again it might be that he was just a bit like herself, he might just be seeking an adventure after all, when she was his age she was prone to wandering off, her father used to despair at her sudden disappearances, his shouts of her name had been a common sound in the lands when she had been young. She smiled at the young male as she had a sudden thought, he was Liam's brother, perhaps one of the closest wolves to Liam, he would know what he would like as a present! perhaps he could help her find just the right one!
"Hey, Skoll, can you keep a secret?" The multi-coloured female asked, grinning at him. If he agreed to keep the surprise a surprise from Liam then he would be the perfect accomplice for this little gift hunt.

<style>
.robin-chucks .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.robin-chucks p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.robin-chucks b {color:#f9f456; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.robin-chucks {background-color:#557007; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Robin/Robin_chucks.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefddd; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.robin-chucks-border {width:429px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.robin-chucks .inner {margin:242px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Ugh I'm more sorry for my wait. But yaay! <3 And don't worry; Skoll will keep a secret if it means surprising big brother. xD

Robin grinned at him in greeting, and Skoll skidded to a halt in the snow, his wagging copying hers in tempo. Had he been one for musing, he might have realized that they hadn’t really been able to talk coherently to each other before. He had been a little thing when she visited the young family before, and mostly he only heard of her through the words of others. But a friend of his big brother’s was a friend of his, even though he hadn’t had quality time with Liam since they had hunted a rabbit together many weeks ago.

Ringlets of chocolaty-brown hair framed a broad grin, and the puppy all but hopped in place as the girl kneeled before him. As usual, he practically wriggled forward to sit as close as he possibly could. Being a spirit of warmth, he was pretty touchy-feely when people came close to him, and it would take a while for an older luperci to realize the cub was sitting in their lap. He was so easily entranced by others talking that he didn’t quite think about personal space.

“I ’splorin’ too!” the sun cub said brightly. He glanced around at the dark trees and the rising moon. He heard stories of wolf blood stirring at the sight of the lunar orb and the wildness it embodied, and though he did not feel the urge to run and howl like in the tales of the ancestors, his green eyes did widen in entrancement. He turned to the girl for confirmation as he asked, his voice hushed and breathless, “Tonight special, right?”

The orange-chested girl spoke again suddenly, and Skoll blinked at her for a moment before mirroring her grin—though his was many shades more devious. “I can keep a secret,” he said, raising one paw in the air as if taking an oath. And that was very true; he could keep a secret if he tried really, really hard. It was obvious, however, that it would depend on what information Robin happened to trust him with. More often than not, amusing secrets might be blurted out to anyone he thought he could get a laugh out of. Though a sweet child, Skoll was not exactly the most trustworthy of confidants.

SSWM Word Count → 378

<style type="text/css">
.puppyskoll b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff7d4; text-shadow:#775700 0px 0px 1px;}
.puppyskoll p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.puppyskoll {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#bfa66a; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/fm3t36.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding: 400px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7030; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.puppyskoll .wordcount {color:#775700; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:2px dashed #775700; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:15px 15px 15px 15px; text-align:center;}
.puppyskoll .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center; color:#775700;}
</style>[/html]