[html]

character name| bleach evers
birthdate| 2/19/05
luperci| yes, ortus

species| 75% caspian sea wolf, 25% gray wolf
gender| female
email| casketcase@charter.net
secondary| AIM- ourbenediction
how did you learn/hear about 'Souls?| previously a member.

The trees were ancient, silent judges of time. Their changes were invisible to the transient beings that wandered in their shade; the only witnesses to their lives were their likewise ancient peers, towering over the rest of the world. The gypsy woman pressed an ear against a faded, gnarled trunk, listening to things only she could hear. The massive branches groaned and swayed in the cool morning gale, speaking of the storm that was to come. An amused smirk twisted the silver lady's lips, and after a moment she pushed away from the grand tree.
It was mid-morning, but the sky was dark with swollen clouds, and the vast canopy further prevented light from reaching the damp forest floor. This land was extremely different from the one she crossed on the other side of the mountain. While here, everything was moist, lush, and teeming with life, death and decay stretched on for miles in the East. And there was something else that still lingered like the acrid smoke over the earth. Though she had been perturbed by the energy when traveling through the dead territory, Bleach now shook off the apprehension as she stood, anxious, in the dim forest just outside of Shadowed Sun. It had been years since she'd lived on solid ground. Packlife would be a challenge. That is, if it turned out to be to her liking.
Filling her lungs with saturated air, the woman howled into the territory, holding out her message as long as she was capable of. Then, satisfied, she took off her pack with a smirk and settled into the giant roots of a nearby tree.

[/html]
[html]

Hello there! :] Welcome to 'Souls and Shadowed Sun.

How did we ever get this far? It shouldn't have to be this hard

In the days that had passed since she had come across Skoll and Lubomir's fight with the rogue coyote, and later, Lubomir's explanation of the war that was going on just outside their borders, Tayui had become more cautious, thus making her appear to be more suspicious. It was not that she believed everyone to be her enemy, but rather, was wary of those who might. It was always good to keep things in perspective, and with the war between Dahlia de Mai and Inferni, she could not afford to lose her cool.

When the howl came from the borders, she had immediately sent off a howl of her own to let the stranger know she had heard her and would be there soon. She hoped for both their sakes that it would be another casual border greeting. Perhaps a stranger who had lost their way or a relative looking for lost kin. She just hoped it would be peaceful.

"Hello," she greeted the stranger upon arrival. "I am Tayui Aston, one of the leaders of this pack. What is your business here?" She tilted her head slightly, gazing at the other with questions in her eyes.

[/html]
[html]

thanks! :]

Bleach's dark ears twitched at the replying howl. That put her impatient slightly at ease. Yawning hugely, she dug around in her pack for a few moments, finally producing a torn fishing net, needle, and thick thread. The silver lady inspected the rent, frowning. If she was going to wait, she might as well get something productive done. Threading the large needle, she began the repairs almost absentmindedly, brow furrowed, eyes staring past the rhythmic motion of her hands.
Thunder grumbled haughtily overhead, faintly at first, then rolling into a crescendo. As she glanced up at the swiftly darkening sky, her bright eyes caught sight of the approaching lady. Her white fur was quite noticeable, even in the shade of the forest. The lady inspected the damaged net; she had reduced the hole to half it's original diameter. Pleased, the women returned the items to her pack and descended from the roots to the earth in deference to Tayui. The wolf let her eyes wander over the leader briefly, inspecting her. She seemed like someone Bleach could, and would take orders from easily. Yet looks, she knew, were often deceiving.
"Well met, Tayui," said the wolf, grinning amiably. The faintest of Russian accents colored her speech. "I've come to join, if you'll have me."

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; border: 1px solid #fff; outline: 1px solid #9A9A9A; background-color: #68D6EB;">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     Tayui watched patiently as the other female took her appearance in, silently waiting. She hardly looked like she belonged in the wooded slopes of Halcyon Mountain, and indeed she was more suited for the lands of the north. Either way, these lands were her home, and she had long since disregarded appearances as faulty and unreliable. She simply nodded, listening as the female spoke. She would find out who she was in time.

The girl's grin was infectious and Tayui found herself offering a small smile in return. She frowned as the other stated her purpose, thinking for a moment about how she might approach this. The girl's words seemed to be spoken with a hint of an accent, a brusqueness that was refreshing and interesting. Tayui had long since lost her Québecois accent; only with certain words was it apparent that English was her second language. "Do you know what you are asking for, miss? Shadowed Sun is a pack neither selective nor wholly inclusive. All members have some sort of talent they can use to the benefit of he pack, and to teach others. We are only looking for those who wish to teach and be taught, for this is a pack of learning." Of course, the one thing she had failed to ask was what the female's name was.

[/html]
[html]

The woman listened silently, corners of her mouth pulled down slightly as her superior spoke. Then she quirked a brow. A pack of learning? It seemed fair enough. Though Bleach had much to learn about all sorts of things, as did everyone, she would admit that she was sometimes pretentious when it came to a matter of wits. A white hand wandered to the ends of her hair where they fiddled with a sleek black feather, and she nodded while the other spoke. She couldn't help wondering, however, what she could learn from these people. She determined it was best to remain open.
Bleach was rather relieved that Tayui had not asked her name. She was naturally opposed to giving her name to people she didn't trust, specifically her surname, though in this situation it seemed quite important. Still, she would not yield it until the other female asked it of her. It was a silly precaution, perhaps, since she was far from northern ports and waters, but one she wouldn't risk abandoning. She smiled enigmatically.
"That suits me," she said, dropping her hand and placing it on her hip. "My trade is natural medicine. I can identify many herbs and plants, and uncover their secrets. In my previous... pack I was relied on as their Medic." Bleach paused, bright eyes roaming up to the rumbling sky before continuing. "I can also fish rather well, track prey on foot with some skill, and defend myself sufficiently enough, so I wouldn't be a burden. I know many stories that are entertaining, and quite deserve to be passed along." She threw several abilities out there, uncertain of what Tayui was expecting.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; border: 1px solid #fff; outline: 1px solid #9A9A9A; background-color: #68D6EB;">
     Tayui nodded as the stranger spoke, unsure if she should feel relieved or burdened that this female had skills to heal. Their pack was in need of one who could tend to wounds, for Tayui's one knowledge was pitiful at best. She had felt especially useless following Skoll and Lubomir's fight, in which she- as their leader- could do nothing but worry as they laid in their dens. Certainly, having this woman in their pack would be an asset.

The female continued to name certain skills most wolves possessed; ones necessary to their survival. Though it was a given, Tayui chuckled, for the woman presented it eloquently enough to make Tayui almost believe it was another extra skill of hers. Even so, such things had to be taught to puppies as they grew so they too could hone their skills and eventually contribute to the pack. "We would appreciate such skills in our pack. Would you be able to pass such knowledge on? It's one thing to be good at something; it's another to be able to show others how to be good at it." She smiled warmly, examining the girl further. Teaching was a skill; Tayui knew that. If this girl was not yet proficient at teaching or helping, everyone in the pack could assist her with that. That was what the pack had been founded on.

[/html]
[html]

Folding her hands behind her back, Bleach returned Tayui's warm smile with a grin of her own. As her interview progressed, the woman became more and more interested in her potential life ahead. Her role, whatever that would turn out to be, in Shadowed Sun was beginning to appear like a dramatic change, and therefore a challenge. She would be required to devote time and energy to sharing her hard-learned secrets and tricks. While it was obvious that she had a social and cordial (albeit eccentric) nature, the Russian lady was ill-disposed towards those, especially of tender age, whose minds were as absent as a whore's virginity. Naivety, too, drove Bleach out of her skull. Yet there wasn't a trace of artlessness in the white leader's even and intelligent gaze. Perhaps it wouldn't be too trying to share a bit of her knowledge after all.
"Aye, that is true," she said. "So long as my students aren't a pain in the arse, I'd be glad to share some of my learnings." She smiled to show that she was only half serious. Then, after a moment, she figured she might as well relinquish her name. "I am Bleach, by the way. Bleach Evers."

[/html]
[html]
     I'll title you up now so you can start roleplaying and still finish off this thread.

Tayui hummed quietly, taking a moment to ponder her next words. No matter what the girl said, Tayui would like to continue talking to her, to try and assess her disposition and see if she would fit in to the pack. Although there were many different faces and personalities, she did not want to burden the girl with too many expectations if she could not handle it. Even so, everyone could learn. That was the entire premise of the pack; to reach ones greatest through the acquisition of knowledge.

With this in mind, Tayui nodded once more, laughing quietly in response. An unwilling student could always make things difficult. She hoped she had been a good student to Pilot when he had been teaching her lowspeech. The only 'difficulty' they had faced had been that ghost crow's deplorable attitude! That crow knew far too many curses in lowspeech, and had made learning quite the challenge. "That always makes things difficult, Bleach," she replied with a wry grin. "Though, tell me- why are you seeking a pack? I know what you can offer to us, but what do you think we can offer you?"

[/html]
[html]

yayyyy!

The wolf's yellow eyes glazed over momentarily when Tayui presented the question that she hoped would be avoided, or forgotten. Her mind wandered briefly to the warning issued to her by the old coyote hag, the warning to leave the sea and seek a life on land. At first, Bleach had scoffed and refused. The sea was her home, and she wouldn't abandon it for all the treasures in the world; its beauty mesmerized her. But the old witch had gone on, explaining her fate and the fate of her family if she remained sailing. The mere memory of the coyote's livid expression sent chills up her spine, and she was not that easily perturbed. She pushed the memory to the farthest reaches of her mind, where she hoped it would remain forever.
She couldn't begin to explain the witch's prediction to Tayui, when she barely understood it herself. She would have to make up a half-truth, which she wasn't too happy to do. Normally she was quite honest, bluntly so, and she often had several choice words for liars. Sighing, she shrugged lightly. "I'm just looking for a change of scenery, miss," she said with a smile. "Looking to settle down, y'know? Sailing's become a bit tiresome to me."

[/html]
[html]
     Very yay! c: And you can reply if you like, or this thread can be archived.

Tayui almost smirked, smiling lopsidedly as Bleach explained her rationale. A change of scenery. That might be the case for some who had stumbled upon Shadowed Sun, but for Tayui, it was like entering an alternate version of Jaded Shadows. It was no surprise that she had chosen a mountain and surrounding area to form a pack when the last one she had been in had inhabited the entire mountain. Whether she had consciously or unconsciously chosen it, it was her new home, possibly even Bleach's, now.

"So I guess I don't have to ask you if you'll stick around then," she replied with a cheeky laugh. "Since you're new, you'll be ranked as Periokoi; a subordinate rank. If you do well, you'll be promoted according. I'd encourage you to try to get a co-rank that reflects your skills- if you're interested, you could try for the co-rank position of Medic." She paused. "The other leader here is Pilot Haddon, another with a white pelt. You're free to use the library in the pack- it has some books you might find to be of use. I can show you where that is, if you like."

Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]