Love's not like this
[html]

WC: 326 OOC: Dawn or dusk either one works fine he's always working now :|

Life had changed and in so did a big toll on the large man. He kept vigilante as he moved through the borders as well as the town of Thornbury. With all the help he was getting from Skye and Orin he could keep an eye on anyone else in the town to make sure they were ok. He took the whole pup killing personally, because he was suppose to be the very wolf that was in charge of everyone’s safety and then, another pup was murdered right in front of everyone’s nose. And that good for nothing white male had made shaw let him go. He made sure that Liam’s scent was long gone before he moved from the borders back into his own territory, he hardly slept, and he had forgotten the most important thing to him. His mateship with Orin, which had been postponed yet again because of the incident. His mind was on just one thing. Keeping the lives of his pack safe and sound.

Today he was up on the tallest platform in the treetop terrace, in which he could see even as far as paradise pier where he’d kissed Orin and made his love known to her. It had taken him so long to figure out what he needed was the white woman. Now he barely thought about anyone... he just wanted the pack safe, his remaining daughter to be free of the world outside the pack lands and the pups that were now turning of age to actually become adults. Nothing seemed more important to the man right now than that. Seeing that nothing was sulking in the trees below anywhere in the whole of the territory Shawchert climbed down, falling the last few inches to the rickety bridge below. He paced the bridge deciding if he should go to the town to scout there or the borders again to make sure things were safe on that end. To him that decision alone was a start.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
ooc Awkwaaaard.

“Shawchert, oh!” The voice breathed from the other side of the bridge where Orin stood. She was in a funny stance as though she’d stopped mid step, and she did, not expecting Shawchert to drop out of the sky. Or, at least, a few feet from the look out post, anyway. She relaxed once she realized it was the cream and red form of her friend… friend? She tensed again.

In all the fray they hadn’t seen each other very much lately. After the killing of Tameri Orin had disappeared for a few days to Crimson Dreams – though she had left word of her whereabouts – and ever since they had spent their time on edge and working. Not to mention that Orin had been trying to avoid Shawchert. They had seen each other briefly over the last few weeks, and surely he had seen the hair dying job that Juliet did and her infant dreads that Mars had helped her with, but they hadn’t spent much time just being with each other.

Their wedding had been postponed after all. Despite Orin demanding a quick one, it seemed like plans just kept getting pushed back. Now they didn’t even have a date in mind, and it was like they weren’t even planning for one anymore. Somehow it felt wicked to be planning such a happy event in light of what had happened.

But that wasn’t the only thing holding them back anymore, either. Orin was having second thoughts, and it made it much easier to deal with when she didn’t see Shawchert very much. Now they had run into each other, finally alone. The meeting was inevitable.

“I’ll let you get back to work. I’ve got some pigment to make for Juliet,” she said quickly and began to retreat back the way she had come.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]
[html]

OOC: This is going to be quite the interesting thread :O

The sight of Orin made Shaw’s heart race, though in more than one way mostly of the guilt he felt for not doing as he promised her, and then secondly the happiness he felt when he saw her, though it seemed she was less keen to stay near him. He frowned a little, thinking he should just let her get to her business, but now that he saw her, he wanted to talk to see how she was doing with the whole incident now passed. He had been so angry that he kept everyone shut out for a while, though he had seen everything that went on in the pack, well most everything.

“Orin, wait.”

He said taking a few steps closer to his soon to be mate. He wanted to hold her and talk to her, and hope she already knew he wouldn’t let anything like this happen again, though he had promised that before... before Liam turned on his own family.

“We haven’t had a word in a while, I want to know how you are. I’ve not been good at keeping track of everything.”

He said slowly, looking at where she was, he hoped she would stop, that she would speak with him rather than let him “get back to work.” Yes he took his job far more seriously now, but now that he was reminded of it, he still had an obligation to his family, and he considered Orin his mate even if it wasn’t official just yet.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]

She stopped, hesitated with a breath, and then turned back to Shawchert. Her eyes fell upon his visage, golden hue meeting indigo, and she suddenly thought about how unfair it was that she felt like this. It had been like this since before the murder, and that just gave her a good reason to avoid it all. Now he was here, staring her in the face and being oh so concerned about her. It wasn't fair. Why did he have to be concerned now, but miss so much else?

Not that anything he missed was his fault. Orin protected her secrets like a miser protected his gold. It was just her irrational way of reasoning. Even if she had been that good at hiding it, why hadn't he figured it out already? He barely even pressed her when she didn't want to even look at a book. Why didn't the man ever act more concerned that something was wrong with her? That she had changed?

Her golden eyes were hidden behind lids as they slid closed, and then opened again a moment later as she worked to banish the blame from her mind. It wasn't his fault. She had to remind herself that. Speaking with Mars didn't help any, either, because the Russo blamed Shawchert for everything. Wait, were these her own feelings, or someone else's? She wasn't sure, because now that she was back in Shawchert's presence it sure didn't seem like her feelings toward him had changed.

“I'm... fine.” She said while taking a step back. For being Orin, she sure wasn't saying much today. She knew it, too, and it would give her away if she didn't think of something. “I just feel sad for Sky and Tal, that's all. I'm just trying to keep my mind on Juliet...” She made a motion in the general direction of her cottage, as though she still wanted to retreat, but she didn't.

“H... how about you?”

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 300+
[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

As dense as Shawchert was he could see something was entirely wrong with Orin, something she wasn’t saying out loud. He knew she was shaken by the murder, did she blame him for the whole incident? Did she think he should have prevented it, the signs were there, the way he treated Juliet, his malice towards Shawchert and the disdain he gave Skye, Shawchert knew something was wrong with the boy the second he broke up the fight between his daughter and him. That didn’t mean he knew any better than anyone else he would actually KILL someone. That had left a mark on Shawchert’s heart.

The moment Orin looked into his eyes, with her own sad ones his heart sank. Why hadn’t he been there for her? Why did he have to go on his stupid protective vendetta again, leaving his loved ones exposed in other ways?

“What’s really wrong? I know you’re shaken but you won’t barely look at me. I know I’ve been out a lot but this was the first time we saw each other and you’d rather walk away than even hug me...”

He frowned. He wasn’t going to let her in on his feelings yet until he knew what was going on with the woman he loved. He moved slightly closer, though she took a step back. He wasn’t getting any closer to her it seemed. He put a hand on the rope railing of the bridge he was on, steadying himself for what might come, he was sure it was her blaming him for Tamari’s death.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]

There was no getting out of this one. He had her cornered, figuratively if not literally, and there was no talking him out of it. No buying more time, no waffling on what she knew she was eventually going to do. Her golden eyes stared at the knots in the boards beneath her feet for a long, painful moment before moving to meet Shawchert’s. She didn’t have any more excuses.

“It’s just… our wedding… It hasn’t happened yet. And now it doesn’t seem like a good time…” Really Orin? ‘Not a good time’? Why didn’t you just say what you were thinking, ‘not a good idea.’ She wasn’t sure if she loved him anymore. Well, she loved him, but enough to devote her life to him? And when Mars came to visit… she always felt so thrilled. And when something bad happened in d’Arte, it was Mars she escaped to. He who had comforted her. Did she love the Russo man instead? She didn’t know. But what she did know was that it was enough to put her relationship with Shawchert in question, and she would not make a vow in front of her pack that she wasn’t completely sure of.

She sidestepped and place a hand on the banister. She should say more but for once Orin found herself short of words.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 200+
[/html]
[html]

WC: 316 OOC: Shaw's bracing himself!!!!

Shawchert’s eyes moved from her to something random, then back not sure what he was hearing. his heart started racing, as though he knew what was going on now... the reason why she didnt’ want to be near him, talk to him, hug him... Somehow it would be his fault too.

“I’m sorry I did promise you that it would be quick! Then Titania left and you were so worried, and now the … well I didn’t want the wedding to be in such the shadow of what happened. It will happen I promise that much! I love you Orin, I’m sorry I haven’t shown it, I will more I don’t want to lose you.”

He felt choked up as he spoke pleadingly to her, knowing she was about to say something he would never be able to forgive himself. Something he didn’t think he could survive. He swallowed hard, looking her directly in the face. He figured she would have said something more, and her silence... it wasn’t a good silence He felt his breath quickening, as though the oxygen where he was, was running out fast. His chest heaved, but he was a man and he would bite back anything that would make him sound like a child, he would not cry. He hated this feeling though and now that it was here, he wanted her to spit it out and stop delaying. He knew his heart would be torn apart again. It was his fault he hadn’t shown her the love he had for her, that he did care for her far more than he did sky and now... now.... maybe she would be happier without him... He thought, then turned to look at the ground The netting he had painstakingly put up still waved about underneath, then the ground, cold quiet, and lonely... He felt the same as that ground right now....

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]

Somehow the man knew what she was going to say before she said it. Apparently Shawchert was far more in tune with his instincts and sixth sense than Orin thought, being such a purveyor of their primal instincts herself. Her words had skirted around what she wanted to get at, yet it was enough to warn Shawchert of what was coming. She felt her throat go tight and her blood run cold. She never wanted to hurt him.

“I know you would never fail me and forget about our ceremony. I know that it would happen, just at the right time. It's just... all this time it's taken... it's not the time that's the problem, exactly. But with it, I've had a chance to think. I... love being with you and I like what we have together but... When I look back... or when I look forward... I can't imagine our future.” She shook her head to emphasize her point.

“And I should be able to. It should be so clear and easy to see what we would have. I just, I try... and it doesn't come. There's no dreams there. Just more of... this.” She waved her arms, trying to indicate how the same everything always was. “We're... stagnant. Nothing changes. It's all a life of picnics and patrolling. I guess... I don't know what else I'm looking for, but I can't see myself doing this forever. We don't even... we don't even do anything together. We just are.”

From time to time her voice became little more than a strained whisper. She took a step back. “I can't make a vow for a future that I don't feel like I want to keep.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 289
[/html]
[html]
WC: 308
OOC: She can bring a man down to his knees lol

The words ‘I can’t imagine our future’ struck Shawchert deep, his heart skipped so many beats that it was starting to hurt now from not continuing it’s job. He swallowed hard, his lips, and nose now seemed far too dry. His breathing quickened as his chest heaved to get more air as she spoke. He wouldn’t interupt her, oh but he wanted to. He could see their future, the future with many more pups, one where things would get better, far better than this. He knew he had a duty to his home, but he had a duty to the ones he loved and he had not been taking care of that duty, for here Orin was, admitting they didn’t do anything at all other than well, what it was they were doing.

“Orin.... I …. I’ll make it better I will, just give me a chance. I see our future, with pups and flutes, and whatever else you want. I would do anything for you. I want to do everything you wish. I’m yours forever...”

He said, he swallowed and licked his nose, his ears now half mast, not perked up but not flat against his head. He was worried, and her words were just as he had feared, and worse. She didn’t seem to want what future they would.... no should... have together. To her it seemed impossible. Shaw had to turn away from her eyes, the ones he saw upside down when he found her in the apple tree, and though he had been four, the kiss that she had given him was the first he ever had. He mentioned that to no one, but he kept that close to his heart now. So to hear Orin say that she didn’t want to keep a vow... his heart ripped in two.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]

It was torture knowing that she was hurting him so terribly, and every second that she stared into his eyes she knew she could make it better if she would just take it back. But somehow, deep within, she found the strength and the courage to tell herself that it was better this way. Better that she made this decision early on, before their charade continued with a vow, and more pups. She would only have wronged him more if she had let it continue on with doubt in her heart. Still, the horror on his face, that might have been somewhat how she looked when she watched her son’s murder. She was relieved when he turned away from her.

She wished he hadn’t begged. She didn’t want to hear his promises of the future that she was now denying, because it still all sounded so sweet and tempting.

Her eyes pinched shut, squeezing moisture between the lids to form little dew droplets on her cheeks.

“This is… how it must be.” Her voice was barely stronger than a breathy whisper, and then the only noise was the hollow sound of her foot-paws on the wooden boards as she fled back to her cottage.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 204
[/html]
[html]
WC: 334
OOC: The end of what could have been a beautiful relationship *kicks shaw*

It was torture for him, and Orin didn’t know exactly how much it was as each second his insides seemed to want to burn out of his body. How could he let it get this way? How could he just ignore their relationship? He knew it was his fault, that he had everything to do wit this breakup and it devistated the large man. He hated being in such a position that she would end up moving on.... why would he let something like this happen. He swallowed trying not to cry, though it was hard. She was a part of his life. To him she was his other half, there had been so much he wanted to do with her, hunt, find new parts of the pack, share more experiences... but now that just seemed like it was not to be and there was nothing Shawchert could do to say anything to make it better. Shawchert’s chest heaved up and down as she spoke... just how it must be... in his mind he thought ‘bull shit’ but he didn’t say it out loud as he watched blurry eyed as Orin hurried away, but before she could return to her hut he yelled.

“I will always love you, I won’t ever be with another woman, you were what I was looking for!”

He didn’t want to hurt her any more, but he knew deep down inside that she would be his last. He couldn’t love anyone else.... not after Sky and now her. He had loved Sky but in a different way he loved Orin. His love for Orin felt so pure. If he hadn’t mated with her that one day.... he knew they could have been mates, had more children, though the likelihood of not having Titania and Juliet were high. He moved slowly back to the outer rim of the terrace and headed out to take another patrol run. There was no need to rest... only protect.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]