Thoughts
[html]

OOC here!

Eclipse wanted to check out the area further east of her, seeing that the fire that had consumed most around. She noticed that with the help of the long fingered wolves, they were able to do well for the lands than the lands themselves could provide. Most everything was dead so she was a bit surprised when she saw a lone tree in the middle of nowhere, it was a little taller than her and bare of it’s leaves. She was absolutely sure it was alive though. Most trees lost their leaves during the winter and with the small layer of snow dusting the ground it seemed as though it fit slightly. Looking around Eclipse wondered where she was. Usually places had a name, but she only knew when someone told her what it was. She figured she’d call it one tree for now. She sat next to the tree, taking her bow from her shoulders, and her quiver to sit next to her. It was so tranquil, so quiet. It was a wonderful spot to let herself wander away from reality.

Eclipse looked up at the little tree wondering how big it would grow, and thought she could come visit her more often. It was nice, and she would love to see what she could do to this place, what her help would turn it into. The thought was an inspiration of sorts, but also foreboding. If she could really truely change the earth to be better, it could be possible she could make things worse without knowing it. Those thoughts scared her for she knew there were cruel mean canines, and other animals about. She blinked thinking the worse, that things could go as wrong for them as they did for the fabled humans.

<style type="text/css">
.tree_04 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tree_04 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tree_04 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tree_04 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4200/tree01.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Noelle [/html]
[html]
OOC

Her wanderings had brought her far east of Anathema, as as she had traveled the landscape became desolate. A fire had happened here in the not too distant past, and it’s mark still laid waste to the trees. But the spirits here… the spirits here sang. Their chorus carried in the cold window and wrapped around the collie shaman like a blanket. Some of the souls were angry, vengeful, but others were at peace, but in a limbo, waiting for the earth to replenish itself.

Today was a good day for Zera’im, she was feeling stronger, though her cough persisted. Luckily, the cloth mask she wore over her muzzle was not stained red with her blood, but instead was clean; perhaps she was getting better. She had been self-medicating herself with mint tea and any red berries she could come across. It helped a little, perhaps she had caught the disease in the nick of time.

Zera’im rounded a bend, the click of the butt end of her scythe ceased to hit the ground as she saw a small figure by a lone tree. It was a pretty Luperci girl, what was she doing way out here? Then again, what was Zera doing here either? Zera’im called out, her deep voice carrying, Hello there! She then headed towards the girl to meet her properly.

<style>
#nat-tastic01 {width:480px;margin:0px auto;font-size:12px;font-family:Georgia, serifs;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:1px;}
#nat-tastic01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1.5px;line-height:11px;padding:5px;}
#nat-tastic01.table {background-color:#000000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wq5Zs.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#9d8674;padding-bottom:240px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p:first-letter {font-size:50px;float:left;margin:3px;color:#413831;}
#nat-tastic01.table b {color:#ffb000;text-shadow:1px 1px 3px #555555;}
#nat-tastic01.wc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p b:before {content:open-quote;}
#nat-tastic01.table p b:after {content:close-quote;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 242 OOC: <3

Eclipse had been deep in thought, or she would have seen the collie woman. So it wasn’t much surprise when Eclipse jumped to her feet when she heard the husky voice call to her, though Eclipse relaxed. The woman was enormous though, but she held a sort of peacefulness in her walk. Though she calmed she did not turn down her guard. She smiled cautiously and nodded.

“Good day to you. I’m Eclipse Soulstorm.”

She said bowing the customary bow that Ichikan’s learned with her hands together and put to her brow as she bent down towards the woman. She bent back up, getting a better look at the dog before her. She was quite tall, and the long hair was different than most wolve’s, so she would easily stick out. She had a scarf over her mouth, which made Eclipse wonder what was wrong, but knew that was prying. She may be able to speak her mind, but to go ferreting into some one’s business wasn’t her at all.

“You must have come a long way to be in these dead lands.”

Eclipse said matter of factly, though the young woman herself had done nearly the same but she was only a few short hours walk from her home. She didn’t mind finding a place to sleep before getting to her warm bed. She was used to sleeping out in the cold.

<style type="text/css">
.tree_04 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tree_04 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4200/tree01.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 15px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Noelle [/html]
[html]
OOC

The girl was friendly, not at all worried about the large collie woman’s appearance. Zera’im walked up to her, smiling, though it was hidden behind the mask. This young female’s aura was clean and fresh, so much different than the aura of the white wolfess named Gemma that Zera’im had met several days prior. It was a relief in a way; Zera’im always loved the life force of the young. The girl greeted her as Eclipse Soulstorm, bowing politely, and Zera’im couldn’t help but marvel at the beauty of the name, I am Zera’im and it is a pleasure to meet you Eclipse. and Zera’im returned the bow perfectly.

The girl then went on to state that Zera must have traveled a long way to reach this lands and the collie shook her head, On the contrary, I actually have come from Anathema, where I stay for short periods when I go to nanny a pup. And you? You do not smell of Anathema, what pack have you come from? She was curious, for she knew the names of the packs but hadn’t visited them all. Zera’im always made sure to keep a respectful distance from the packs, but so far she had only met those of Anathema and Aniwaya.

Zera’im then went to sit on a large stone near the long tree, taking this opportunity to rest her arthritic joints; though the small jaunt from Anathema to here had only taken several hours, it was already beginning to wear on her. Zera’im was becoming more and more aware of her age every moment she breathed.

<style>
#nat-tastic01 {width:480px;margin:0px auto;font-size:12px;font-family:Georgia, serifs;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:1px;}
#nat-tastic01.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1.5px;line-height:11px;padding:5px;}
#nat-tastic01.table {background-color:#000000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Wq5Zs.png);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#9d8674;padding-bottom:240px;}
#nat-tastic01.table p:first-letter {font-size:50px;float:left;margin:3px;color:#413831;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 328 OOC: >.> derp!

Eclipse smiled as the woman mimicked the bow perfectly. It made Eclipse wonder if she had been a part of Ichika before, but seeing as Ecipse had only been gone less than a few months, it wasn’t entirely plausible in her mind.

“The pleasure’s all mine!”

She said, as she was certain she had found someone who was far nicer than most she knew or met, even in her pack. The woman spoke of Anathema and staying there to pup sit, though it wasn’t long enough to stick to the collie woman it seemed, though Eclipse could now smell a hint of the pack on the older woman. Eclipse nodded then spoke.

“I actually come from Ichika no Hoen. Over that way. I’ver heard different things about Anathema. I know they live inside the mountain.... what’s it like inside? Is it dreary in there?”

Eclipse burst out, her curiousity getting the better of her, yes this was in a way prying but not on a personal level like she would if she asked about the woman’s cloth over her mouth. Then again what Eclipse thought was personal or not could be the opposite for others, and that was still something the young woman had trouble not mixing up.

“Do you come out here often? I think this is the first time I ever really visited this area. It’s nice and quiet, though I think normal natural sounds could make this place better”

She said. Due to it still just barely growing again, there weren’t very many animals to hunt here, so even the predators didn’t come, and the grass eaters would probably come during the springtime when even more vegitation would come back slowly. Eclipse knew little of what happened after a fire and she was just happy the little tree she sat next o was growing, even as lifeless as it looked right now.

<style>
.eclipse-gummy2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.eclipse-gummy2 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.eclipse-gummy2 b {color:#82b35a; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.eclipse-gummy2 {background-color:#ffee86; background-image:url(http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/9132 ... gummy2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px dotted #6a0106; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#662310; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC

Being able to sit down was a blessing and Zera’im relished the rest, as brief as it might be. Her mismatched eyes scanned the area; there was not much here save the tree the two of them were near and some more brush out in the difference. But the grasses were already thriving here, as they usually did after a fire. Though it might seem slow to short lived canines, the speed in which a natural setting replenished itself was a wonder; a whole forest could be renewed in several decades.

Zera’im turned her attention back to the girl, Ah yes, Ichika no Ho-en, I’ve heard of it though I’ve never visited. She smiled, thinking that perhaps she should go up that way, if the members were as pleasant as this Eclipse. Zera’im had avoided the packs just for the fact that she wasn’t sure how they would react to an outsider coming to them unannounced, but perhaps she should rethink on this.

The girl then peppered her with questions about Anathema and the collie smiled anew, Yes, it is dark in the caverns, but very comfortable. The inhabitants there have built themselves a modest but lovely place to live. She knew that Anathema liked to keep its business private, so she didn’t go into much detail. In fact, Zera’im had not much wandered the caverns, choosing instead to remain solely in Panda’s quarters or visiting the stables. She was a guest there after all, not an official member, so she respected their territory by not snooping.

In answering the girls second question, Zera’im continued, This is my first time here as well. I traveled far east until I met the ocean and then turned around, now it seems I have come as far as I can go west. The shaman looked around again, knowing all too well that she could go further if she so wished, but it was not something she lusted after. Now that she was feeling stronger, Zera thought that perhaps she should return fully to Anathema, to look over Lillith.

The collie sighed, This place… the spirits are abuzz here. I don’t think anyone has ventured here in a long time, and now our arrival is making them all excited. She turned to Eclipse again with a smile, I believe they are attracted to your fresh and young aura. She chuckled lightly.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 446 OOC: Big Grin She's scared of the unknown heheh

“I’m sure you would be welcome there, we have many beautiful sights to share with everyone who comes to visit”

Eclipse said, yes this was an invitation to the visitor. Eclipse could see the woman meant no harm and they weren’t all secrets like most packs, though she was sure that there were places just for them, that they didn’t want any outsider seeing, but there were plenty of beautiful spots to share with others, and she had learned that sharing the earth’s wonders had always helped for the better. Zera’im’s answer about Anathema was all Eclipse really needed. It was a quick answer, and it seemed that Anatheman’s weren’t “Dark” beings, they just lived in caves in the mountains, that from what the collie woman, were quite comfortable.

“There’s so much out west isn’t there? So that’s where you’ve come from, out from the west? I visited the south for a while before coming back. There’s so much to the world that I don’t know if anyone has seen it all. It is so big.”

Eclipse said. She was sure the larger, older woman knew there was far more across the ocean, and the ocean was so vast it took a very long time to navigate it. How could it be so huge? That was a question for someone far more knowing than Zera’im, even Razekiel, so she kept that thought in her head and just let the quiet wash over her until the collie woman spoke again.

“the s-spirits? You mean the dead?”

Eclipse’s fur went on end to think about anything dead, especailly after the news that her father was apparently dead, but she was sure that the man that had given her the news was trying to get under her skin. She couldn’t believe that her father could be dead. Though even though she didn’t know he did know because he was her half brother and he had killed her father. A chill ran down her back, and she started looking un easy, even more when Zera spoke that they were attracted to her. She blinked and looked at the woman.

“You can see the dead? They aren’t going to take me away are they?”

She looked a little bit more than worried now, and she moved a little closer to the tree beside her, though it was small she felt more comfortable near it. The woman’s comments didn’t make the girl scared of the woman on the contrary, she felt that if Zera could see the dead, then it was better to keep her close.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Noelle [/html]
[html]
Awwww <3

The collie woman nodded when the invitation to visit Ichika no Ho-en was given, but it was short lived as a bout of coughs wracked her body. Luckily she managed to calm her ravaged throat down quickly, as not to scare the girl, but now it would be evident why the mask was needed. Zera’im could feel the twinge of worry set in again on her mind; was she really getting better? Perhaps she should find an accomplished healer to set her straight, for as much as she knew she was not a master medic.

The girl then asked about the west, and Zera’im realized that what she had said had been mistaken for meaning the west of the Americas. Though Zera’im had come from America, it had been from the east coast, and the farthest west she had ever travelled was no west at all, but in the heart lands of what was once known as the United States. In fact, what she had meant when she said “west” was the western parts of Nova Scotia, the entirety of which she had now traversed. But there was no need to speak this aloud and bring embarrassment to Eclipse, who seemed so eager to hear Zera’im tell her the tales of lands she had never visited. This was why the collie woman so much enjoyed the company of the youth, they were full of vibrant curiosity that seemed to fade with time.

The girl then however, reacted with fright to the jesting words that Zera’im had spoken about the spirits and her aura darkened at the idea. She asked with naïve fear if Zera could see the spirits and if they were going to take her away. The older woman laughed, though not at Eclipse but just because the situation was nearly as dangerous as the girl believed. The collie shook her, No, no need to worry child. I cannot see these spirits; they are like whispers on the wind. Sometimes I can hear them speak, but not now. They are in the trees, the earth, and they are completely harmless. She took the girl’s hand in her own and tapped it, I am a Shaman you see, I have a gift of hearing what cannot be heard and seeing what cannot be seen. She hoped she wouldn’t scare the girl with this revelation, but there was no use in hiding what she was. Zera’im was an accomplished spiritualist, and all these things, while strange to others, where just the way the world worked for Zera.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 553 OOC: Big Grin

Eclipse couldn’t not notice the spasm of coughing, a thing rarely seen in that of wolves and dogs and it concerned Eclipse, she made to get closer to the larger woman, but what help would Eclipse be? She gaved the dog woman a worried look, but it seemed Zera had things under control, and Eclipse cursed herself for not having her waterskin with her. That was all she knew that would help a cough. She was not an expert, and didn’t really think she could ever deal with knowing about the wolf’s body, she knew some medicines but nothing to help cure a sickness worse than the common cold. She would have gone further to actually ask the woman if she was alright, but her expression told all and she didn’t want to pry. The woman was quiet about the traveling and Eclipse took that as a polite way of knowing they were done with that particular. It didn’t bother Eclipse though She had never been west anyway, though she might take a trip in the far future to get a better look of what it was like.

Zera explained her abilities and this calmed the girl down a little bit. Spirits, ghosts and other things were not the young girl’s expertice and it seemed that it was Zera’s. As she spoke Eclipse got an understanding of what she was saying and opened her mouth as if to say “ooohhh” but the words didn’t come out.

“But... why would they be attracted to me, why not you? If you are the one who can hear them?”

Clearly she was still nervous about them being attracted to her, it wasn’t as if she had anything to offer a spirit other than her life, her own soul, or her body. All three of those she wanted to keep and dearly. The woman before her was a curious thing to Eclipse and there were so many questions popping in her head she wasn’t sure what to ask or if she should ask, though she was still concerned about the woman’s health, seeing as she had been coughing and she had the rag over her face.... was it contagious, or was there some other special meaning for it? Whatever the case Eclipse felt bad that such a nice woman could be in pain. If Eclipse could help she would try, though there was no saying what she could do, after all plants were long dead before they were harvested, at least by her.

“How did you become a shaman?”

She decided to finally ask. That was a start to help answer other questions about it, such as why she was one in the first place, then there was the thought of if there were spirits that even Zera feared, but that was something she’d have to find out in a subtle way, she didn’t think it would be polite to ask something like that in the open. She was sitting up straight again. Listening, wondering, interested though she would never decide to become one, though knowing if her father was dead or alive was something she would want to know especially after Itachi had told her he was, but she couldn’t believe someone whom she didn’t know.
<style type="text/css">
.razeclipse b {font-weight:bold; color:#6d58ca; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razeclipse .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.razeclipse p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.razeclipse {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#c3b5b0; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/2yma7uq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6b6361; border-radius:30px; padding: 380px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#6b6361; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

[html]
OOC

Zera’im was suddenly drawn back to the first time she had interacted with the spirits. She had only been five months old, still in pup-hood. It had been upon the day of her first shift that she had been visited. She had shifted before her mother, who had helped her through the ordeal, but after her bones had lengthened and muscles rearranged a strange light appeared in the corner of the room. It was difficult to see, and only her brown eye could see it materialize, but she could hear it speak to her. It spoke not in words but in concepts, visuals flashing through Zera’im’s mind of days past. She saw the humans who had lived there before her, the ones that worked and kept up the library. She had seen scenes then, of peace slowly turning to turmoil and then death. It seemed as if this spirit was a remnant of a human woman who had lived there, and it had been drawn to Zera’im’s aura and spoke only too her. Zera’s mother had not seen or heard a thing. It had been one of the most profound moments in Zera’im’s life and one that had prompted her to travel down the path that had already been ordained to her by her family.

She listened to Eclipse as she spoke, asking what the spirits could possibly want with her and why they would not instead interact with Zera, the collie woman sighed, They know me, they know that I can sense them and therefore pay me no mind. But you, your aura is young and green and alive. The dead are drawn to your youthful spirit, for they envy being alive once themselves. But do not fear, there is nothing these spirits can do to harm you, they’re just curious of you. Even now Zera could sense a willowy spirit swirling slowly around the Ichika female; a friendly sprite that perhaps at one time had been a squirrel or fawn, it was difficult to tell.

Zera’im then looked off into the distance again, her eyes glazing over as they sometimes did when she was listening closely. Eclipse then asked how Zera had become a Shaman and she remained silent longer then was polite. She then turned to Eclipse again, the blank stare still shining on her face, I was born with this, she said, reaching up to touch the white star burst on her forehead, and my eyes. Both marked me as a child that belonged to the gods. I was trained then from a young age to learn all the knowledge my family kept. Then, later in my life, I was trained by another Shaman the ways of the spirits. But now I grow old, the power I once had in youth is fading, but this is just the way of life. The life then returned to her eyes again, and they twinkled merrily at Eclipse, And you young one? What do you wish to do with your life? She was interested to see what the youth of this day would like to do in the future.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 505 :: Out of character text here.

She could tell the woman was thinking hard about something and she wondered what it was, but she let her reminisce, Eclipse was patient enough and she didn’t mind the quiet though she though she could hear voices too, but then that was most likely her imagination. She was no shaman she was a a cook, a gardener, someone who helped the plants grow, who would try to help replentish these dull lands. The woman finally broke the silence explaining why the spirits were attracted to her. In a way it was scary. If she died would she become one, would she envy the living, wishing and wanting to be alive again? To her that sounded like the worst hell ever. Looking at Zera with sad eyes she spoke in an almost hurt voice

“Can they not move on, leave the earth to be somewhere else, far more4 happier than a place where they wish to be alive again? That sounds like a horrible punishment.”

She watched the woman as she went back into memory lane. She waited. As a pup she jhad been impatient but as she grew she found herself not nereeding everything right away. It must have been a not so happy experience or a rather good one, though her answer didn’t tell Eclipse much of her experience. She nodded and understood. Eclipse was born a hunter. she wanted to be the best and now she was decent enough as any huntwer. Her passion was life itself though, to live was to kill adn to do that she would have to make something live in order to continue the cycle. Smiling at the woman she looked around herself. The dead lands that were covered in the snow

“I’m a Shonu, that’s gardener in rough meaning. I plant and grow things not just for the pack but to bring the animals in and back. I help the mother earth. It’s what I was born to do... I was also born to hunt and cook. My life is a big cycle”

She hoped the woman understood what she meant. Eclipse believed in Karma and her jobs were a big circle around that. yin and yang a powerful belief in the young womsns eyes but not everyone saw it that way. Many believed that if good came then there would be even more good, though that wasn’t how it was from what Eclipse had seen. After all from what she had learned about the fabled humans, they had made their lives easier, but in turn they were punished for the neglect they lay upon the lands. Eclipse knew that there had to be a limit of good and evil, of opposites that would bring out the calm of the world. She smiled shyly at Zera as she had drifted off in thought and nearly left the woman alone while Eclipse thought of this, reminding herself, then reminding herself that she was kinda to other’s beliefs so whatever one believed she wouldn’t put it down at all.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Before responding to her question Zera’im adjusted her seat on the stone, the hard surface starting to cause her boney hips to ache. She leaned against her scythe then, using it almost like a crutch. Some days she felt good, spry even, like she had when she was in her prime. But those days were few and far between now, replaced instead by days such as this, where every position was uncomfortable. Sighing, Zera’im’s ice blue and warm brown eyes went to Eclipse, They can move on, and most eventually will. It is only the spirits of those who wish to wait for something that remain. Some wait in vain for life again, some wait for the ensured safety of loved ones left behind. Then other’s seem to wait for no reason at all. But eventually, all will move on to their final destinations, whatever those may be. Zera’im then nodded sagely, as if agreeing with the wisdom of her words and closed her eyes, seemingly falling asleep save for the constant twitching of her fringed ears.

The Ichikan girl then spoke of her love for gardening, for cooking and animal tending and the Shaman opened her bright, smiling eyes to look at the girl again, Oh, how lovely. You should take great pride in these things, for not many have such gifts. You surely will have many a suitor after you when the time comes. She nodded again and laughed gently, like the tinkling of bells. Then continuing, You are very wise for someone your age, to realize what it is you were born to do. Most do not find their lot in life until twice your age, and many never do.

Then, suddenly, Zera’im moved to reach into her bag. She rummaged for a moment and then pulled out a small jar, the contents of which were strings of red-hued and dried spice. She then reached out to Eclipse to take it, Here, have this. It is an ingredient that has many special properties. It is called saffron, and it will give any recipe you have a wonderful flavor and color. Then, reaching into her pack again, she retrieved another, small bag, And these too, they’re tomato plant seeds, a wonderful addition to your garden. She smiled, glad to finally be gifting these to someone. She had carried the saffron with her for a long time, having barely used much of it, there was still a good amount left. Zera’im wondered if Eclipse knew how rare and valuable such an ingredient was, but it did not matter either way; the collie woman was sure this young wolfess would have much greater use of it than she.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 629 :: Out of character text here.

Eclipse was worried about the woman’s comfort, she didn’t seem at all comfortable and she looked at the woman with worried eyes, however she did listen to Zera talk about the ghosts moving on, and they did when the time came. That seemed honest enough, that they would move on when it was time. So then it wasn’t so much of a horrible punishment as it could be. They could go find their place, wherever that was, whenever they wanted. She had to nod with Zera’im, and then looked sideways at the woman wondering if she did fall asleep, though she spoke back up and her words made Eclipse feel all the more special. She didn’t tend to the animals though, she rather killed what was needed and brought home for cooking and making sure the pack ate. Eclipse blushed and though she had such a crush on Razekiel, she didn’t think he could ever want her anyway. As for other men she shook her head doubting those words. She was still young and such thoughts were embarrassing to her so she said nothing, looking away so that her face could cool down before she brought her attention back to Zera’im.

“Many people have helped me, praised me for doing what I enjoy. I think that the things you find most fascinating as a child tends to grow up with you and becomes what you are meant to be.”

Eclipse said, thinking about the day she had gone with her father. She was going hunting with him and she was so excited. She was only two months old or so, but this was one that felt it was so fresh it happened only minutes ago. She had been excited when her dad let her carry the rabbit his trap had caught. The natural feeling she had when she pulled the rabbit between her legs and she knew from that moment she would always be a hunter. Eclipse had missed Zera’s sudden movement, so when she spoke again Eclipse opened her eyes and saw the older woman moving about in her bag and pulled out a jar handing it to Eclipse. She took it and looked at Zera, who explained what it was and Eclipse’s eyes went so wide it looked as if her eyes would fall out. She opened her mouth to speak but couldn’t find the right words. She had read about this spice, something so rare it was the most expensive on the market, and the harsh conditions of Nova scotia were not ideal for this plant. Blinking again she took the seeds from the woman, wishing beyond all that she had something in return.

“I- I cannot take the spice, I could never repay you for such a fine jar of saffron. Its.... it’s far too expensive to give away!”

She felt like she had to refuse even though she wanted it so badly. She couldn’t just take something so fine, so rare, and expect to not ever return the favor. She wasn’t even sure if she would see the woman again... perhaps if she made something in Ichika she could come back? The woman said she resided in the mountains with the Anathemas every once in a while.

“Well perhaps I’ll make a trade, but I won’t have it ready for a while, maybe something you’ll enjoy.”

She wasn’t particularly good with her hands, but she was sure she could make her leather of some sort. She wanted to make sure her present was just as nice as the one Zera gave her, so even though she didn’t have anything like that now, she would be able to in a little while.

<style>
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]
OOC

Zera’im noticed that the young females aura turned a bright shade of pink when she mentioned the suitors and the collie woman wondered if perhaps there already was a male. Ah, young love, one of the things in life which Zera so much wished she could have experienced. But her duties as a shaman and healer had made such things impossible. She had never been with a man before, and had remained celibate throughout her life. It was not that she regretted it, because she knew that some were just not meant to experience such things. Sometimes though she would let herself dream of what her life might have been like had she found a mate and had children.

Eclipse obviously knew what saffron was when she reacted the way she did. She refused to take it, but Zera’im grabbed her hand and placed it in her palm, Please, I have been waiting to give it to someone like you for a long time; I have no use for it now. Where Zera’im had been an amazing cook in her youth she found that as she aged she found less joy in then she had in the past. Besides, now that her body was starting to reject solid food of any kind, she did not want to let such a precious spice go to waste, I know you will make good use of it.

Then when the Ichika girl offered her something in return Zera’im raised her hand, No child, I cannot take anything from you. I already have too many earthly possessions as it is, and I need to purge myself of them. She did not say however why she needed to do this, but as Zera’im’s life drew to a close she knew it was best to spread her earthly wealth with those still with life left to enjoy them. But then a thought came to her mind and Zera’im stood slowly, using the scythe as a crutch to steady herself, However, if you would be so kind as to take me to Ichika no Ho-en, I would be glad to meet with the people there. It was somewhat of a shock to Zera herself that she was asking this, but she knew Ichika was not far off and it would be good to meet others before her death came. Perhaps there would be more canines there that she could give gifts to.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 366 :: Out of character text here.

Eclipse fell quiet. She let the jar of the precious herb be slid into her hand and she looked as if she were going to cry. This herb she had never thought, in all her life, that she would never be able to use because it didn’t grow anywhere near here, but here it was in this jar, and look at it all. She stared at the red root-like plants. They must taste so good to be such a rare and expensive item. She smiled gratefully, but tilted her head when the woman said she would no longer need it. She was genuintly worried now, and the signs didn’t help. The signs of the woman’s deteriorating health.

“Why....why won’t you need it anymore?”

She was very hesitant on asking this question. It was one with those personal boundaries, where it could bet far too personal for one to give an answer, but she was worried and wanted to know why a woman of her youth would be giving away precious items. Her request after was not entirely strange, though one normally would want something far better in return, but Eclipse smiled a sweet sad smile.

“Of course I can bring you. Did you want to go now?”

She asked, she wouldn’t mind going now or later in the days to come, she just wanted to make sure the two were on the same foot. She had many misunderstandings in her day and thankfully they all came out better than the young woman could have hoped. She held the jar of saffron close to her body. It was almost as precious as a life, though she knew better than that, for life was far more precious and though this plant had once lived, it was not anymore, and nothing but a food spice to make mouths water. So those other lives that were at stake of dying were far more important. She looked at Zera’im in turn for her answer and could see that she might be uncomfortable now, though Eclipse wasn’t an expert on expressions, she could tell something might be wrong with the collie woman.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]
We can end this now, feel free to PP Zera’im in your post.

The girl seemed overwhelmed by her gift and this made Zera’im glad; giving someone else joy was one of the greatest things one could do in life. But her generosity seemed to worry the girl more than ever and she finally asked the question that Zera’im was sure had been on her mind this entire time. Zera’im stood for a moment in silence, steadying herself as best she could against her scythe. Should tell this girl? Burden her with the possibility of death? On a good day she would have avoided such a thing, but it seemed as if Eclipse really was worried for her, to the point it seemed that perhaps she would not take her to Ichika unless her condition were explained.

She turned then to the girl, I am ill, and may not have much longer in this realm. But it is my fate and I have accepted it, I just wish to spend my last moments on earth amongst the company of friends. She put a boney hand on the girls arm, Do not be sad for me, for I go to a better place, to be with my ancestors. It was something that she truly was looking forward to, especially seeing her grandmother, who had been so kind to her when she was a pup.

The girl then asked if she wanted to go to Ichika no Ho-en right at that moment and Zera’im nodded, If it’s not too much trouble, it’s best that I keep my bones moving lest they turn to dust. She let out a laugh, Ah… but yes, now is as good a time as any my child. She then turned to looked at the burnt lands once more, It is too bad that I will never see this place come back to life… It was a soft and forlorn wish, one that was nearly swept away on the breeze.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 362 :: Out of character text here.

Eclipse’ heart went out to Zera’im, but it did seem the woman was waiting for the end to come, though Eclipse wished there was something she could do about it. It hurt her to know that Zera only had a short time to live and Eclipse couldn’t do a thing about it. Though Zera’im said not to be sad, Eclipse couldn’t help it. She had just made a friend and she couldn’t just not feel horrible that she only had a limited ammount of time, so when the woman agreed to going to Eclipse’s home today Eclipse was very enthusiastic about it. She wasn’t sure how quickly the woman walked so she decided to go right at that moment. The second she was in her packlands and had acess to a source of water she offered it to the woman as both a relief and giving her sanctuary inside the land. Eclipse showed the woman around, spots she loved, and older spots she thought that Zera would enjoy. She couldn’t show the older woman some things, but that was due to her packs rules and nothing more. She showed her the valley and some of the woods even their view of the shore.

It was a good day, at least for Eclipse and she hated to see the collie woman go, but that night as she went to her room she hugged the jar of saffron tightly. This would only be used for very special occasions. It was worth far more to her than them being just spice and she would cherish the gift always even to the very last touch of it went into a wolf’s mouth.

She watched the jar for long minutes thinking about the day she had and wished she could have escorted Zera to her home so she could learn more, and hear stories but she wouldn’t make it back home. Thinking about her day, she thought it had turned out fairly well considering all that happened. It was nice to make a new friend, but her heard hurt thinking that was probably the first and only time she would see the collie woman.

<style>
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]