Sunrise on a New Day
[html]
wc 396

The ebony female was laying at the top of the steps of the mansion looking out on the brilliant sunrise. The sky was painted with streaks of yellow, orange, and gold. The new sun also painted the splotches of dark brown that could be seen in the female's coat in the light. Savina took a deep breath of the morning air. So refreshing. The wolf was usually not a morning creature, usually sleeping until closer to midday than to sunrise. Her mother had called her her "little owl" for how late she always loved to stay up at night. However today she had woken early today and instead of trying to fall back asleep she had decided to sit out on the porch and watch the new day be born. It was rather beautiful. Some may say that sunrises and sunsets look the same, and in some respects they do, but there are subtle differences in feelings and in the air. This sunrise felt to the ebon wolfess as a rebirth, not only for the world but for herself. She let the light wash over her and cleanse her, preparing her for her new life here in Twilight Vale. It felt wonderful.

Her bandaged leg was sprawled out to her side as she lounged on the porch. It still hurt, but it already felt much better than it had when she had arrived. The paste Naniko had put on it had really done its work. The female knew she still had a lot of healing time to go, and she still had to be very tender with it, but at least the constant throbbing pain was lessened. She had yet to meet any of the other pack members and she was excited and anxious to do so. One of the reasons she had decided to lay out here this morning was she was certain to meet some of her new pack. Savina couldn't wait until her leg was fully healed and she could run around the pack grounds and explore the different lands. She wanted to see the abandoned human city Naniko had told her about, she could only imagine all the new things that were there. But for now she lay here at the top of her new home and looked at the beauty of the lands, a soft smile tracing across her black muzzle.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">

Where had Apollo gotten to? Sirius put his nose to the ground, frowning. His brother's scent was all over the place, like usual, but he couldn't find any definite trails. His nose wasn't very good, though, he supposed. He had learned that his tracking would improve with time, as he grew older, and he was really looking forward to it. His father was a great tracker and hunter...and he definitely wanted to grow up and do well in those areas, too. It'd benifit whatever pack he lived in, be it Shadowed Sun or any other.

The small, coyote-like youth came out of the herb shed and into the view of the manor, green eyes searching up and down the many paths that led away from the building. He would find his brother and tell him what was going on, about how he had moved to Shadowed Sun. He wanted to know how the others here were doing, and if Tali had gone away like Sirius knew he had been planning to.

"Polly! Where is you at, Polly? I's going to find you and give you's a piece of my mind!" Why was his brother hiding from him like this? He really needed to talk to him!
[/html]
[html]

It wasn't long before a small bundle of fur came into view from the wolf's vantage point. A small tan cub had appeared from the shed with his nose to the ground, obviously trying to find the scent trail of something. It also appeared that he wasn't having a great deal of luck in his endeavor. Slowly the ebony female got to her feet and gave a great shake to help wake up her body. She hobbled down the steps softly, keeping as much weight as she could off of her injured limb. It took her a while to climb up and down the stairs of the mansion, but she could do it.

She reached the ground and started to saunter over to the searching pup. "Polly! Where is you at Polly?" So this little one was definitely looking for someone. She couldn't help but smile at the way the little one spoke. Savina loved the innocence and carefree nature of puppies. The wolfess walked right up to the pup, a smile still on her maw and wagging her tail. "Hello there piccolo un." She said in her heavy Italian accent. "Who is it that you are looking for? Perhaps I can help you find them."

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... work-1.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top;0px;background-position:top">
Sirius is a bad boy ;o

It made him so mad that Apollo would hide from him. Yes, Sirius had left to go and live with their father...but why did his brother have to be so spiteful? Sirius didn't really believe that Apollo would leave the lands, (he was too much of a chicken,) so he figured he had to be around here somewhere. Maybe hiding. The young male growled, his face turning down into a scowl. Stupid Apollo. "Apollo you's get your ass out here!" It was a word he'd heard a wolf in the city use, and he'd decided to try it out for himself. He saw the female approaching, but his posture didn't wilt any. He wasn't a member of this pack any more, and he didn't have to listen to any adult from here!

"No, non potete aiutarli. Apollo sta nascondendosi da me e lo troverò! Quando lo trovo lo renderò realmente spiacente!" He shot back in quick Itallian, green eyes still looking around the area. Naniko had taught him the language, and he was glad that it was coming into some use. "No, you cannot help me. Apollo is hiding from me and I will find him! When I find him I will make him really sorry!"

[/html]
[html]
I'm using the thing where if you put your cursor over my Italian text it pops up in English. And if it's too long just right click and hit properties and you can scroll through Smile

Savina was impressed. This pup definitely had spirit if not respect, and she wasn't too bothered by the lack of it. He was a little one, he'd soon learn his lesson, but not from her. She was also surprised to hear the pup blurt out his complaint in Italian. The ebony female wondered who had taught him her native language, it appeared they had done a good job. However Savina would see how good he was at it. One brow raised in a sassy manner and her lips turned up in a smile. "Che la fa così sicuro che non la posso aiutare, l'hm? Ho molto migliore che le pedinando abilità di lei. Ho avuto uni anni di coppia per affilarli. Sono anche in una molta più tendenza equilibrata di te stesso, che fa ricercando anche molto più facile." The Italian flowed off her tongue like liquid, fast and melodious, though not so fast that he could not understand.

"Lei ha pensato anche che forse non nasconde da lei? È prima, forse è tuttavia appena addormentato nel castello. Dubito che egli sappia anche che lei è qui, se no sa così che lei è qui, come può nascondere da lei? Come di andiamo e lo cerchiamo nel castello. Se non è lí, possiamo ricercare il riposo delle terre. Cioè, certo, se lei sarebbe così gentile come per lasciarmi l'assiste." She stood there, smirk still on her face, looking the pup right in the face. The femme was very interested to see how he would react.

[/html]
Oh the brotherly love! I really hope you guys don't mind if I hop into this thread! :][html]

Apollo opened his eyes, squinting at first as the morning light littered his sight. It was too much for him at first, as it always was, and he had to wait while he slowly adjusted himself to the brightness of the new day. He still lay there, legs sprawled out from under him, chin resting upon the ground. It had been lonely with Sirius gone, but Apollo had gotten over it. Why worry about something he couldn’t change? Besides, Sirius was annoying. He was always going out and exploring everything and making a big deal about simple things. Apollo was much more reserved and didn’t find much glory in all of the things that Sirius did.

He trotted through the house quiet as a ghost. The only sounds to be heard were the soft thumps of his paws as they skated across the ground. When he came to the front doors of the mansion, he stopped and stretched. His paws slid out in front of him and he arched his back, his pink tongue lolling out in a yawn. It felt good to stretch in the morning. He didn’t know why.

When he snuck out the doors and headed down the front steps, he immediately heard Sirius’s voice. Ahead of him, Apollo laid mismatched eyes on his brother and a stranger. She was part of Twilight Vale, he knew, but had never talked to her. He grumbled to himself as he made his way down to them. "Why are you here, Sirius?" He asked, dragging out his brother’s name in a mocking way. "Ho pensato che andaste," he added with a sneer.

[/html]
[html]
Now I feel like I gotta conform D: ^_^ And YES ANNA Big GrinD

He didn't know so much that he could recognize every word, and she tossed a few in there that he was sure he'd never heard before...but he got the gist of what she was saying. He could understand a few words, some that stood out above the others. Help, find, look in mansion. Something about looking for Apollo in the mansion. If she would help him find his brother, then he'd achieve his goal. Why refuse? He was stubborn, but this adult was going to help him find Apollo, so he'd take the help.

But that didn't mean that he wouldn't put his own two cents in. "Gli non sento l'odore della valle crepuscolare. Conosco queste terre come la parte posteriore della mia zampa! Ma se pensate potete aiutarli, quindi la accetterò."

Just as soon as he'd finished saying that, though, he found what he was looking for. Apollo. He frowned when the white figure came into view, brow furrowing. He couldn't let his brother speak to him like that--how disrespectful! Sirius didn't really like Apollo...too whiny and needy...but he definitely didn't like this sudden change in him. "Ho ritornato vedere se you' la d è morto ancora, senza di me." He looked back at the other male, daring him. Apollo wouldn't attack him; he'd lose. So why not cut him down a bit?

[/html]
[html]
Yay brotherly love...in Italian!

The onyx colored femme chuckled a bit as the pup agreed to her help, as indignantly as he could. He was a spirited youngster, he reminded her a bit of her brother when they had been that age. "Non sospetto l'odore sé era attaccato a me ancora. Ho unito appena l'altro giorno. Ma fa non lei si preoccupa, sono membro. Sono contento che lei accetterà il mio aiuto, poco un." Her green eyes sparkled with mischief. This little pup was bringing out the attitude in her.

Before their search even began they had found who they were looking for as another puppy came up to where they were standing. Savina couldn't help but laugh to herself that she had been right that the other pup had been in the mansion. "Ho pensato che andaste" So this other one knew some Italian as well? There must be someone else in the pack that knew some Italian, Savina made a mental note to find out who later. The wolfess frowned a bit at the exchange the two had, they must be brothers she thought. She positions her front legs between the two so they wouldn't start to outright fight. "Adesso, adesso lei due. Lei è la famiglia, penso che lei possa essere un pezzetto più piacevole a l'un l'altro di ciò. Che è il problema?" She shot a serious look at both of the pups.

[/html]
Sirius and Apollo should listen to the Black Eyed Peas. Where is the lovvvvvvvve? XD[html]

Apollo shot a glare towards his brother, marking him instantly as a traitor. Sure their father lived in Shadowed Sun, but Sirius had left without a word. What about Naniko? What about Twilight Vale? He hoped he was happy with father in that other pack. No one needed Sirius around anyways. Apollo was much happier. Sirius wasn’t around to bug him anymore, or to always want attention directed towards him. Though to others Sirius was just a playful pup, Apollo saw his brother as a menace. If Savina hadn’t stepped in to break up their love fest, he was sure to have shot back a few loving remarks.

Instead he directed his gaze up towards the female adult whom was rather new to Twilight Vale. Sirius would have known that had he not abandoned the pack for some dodgy pack in the mountains. He scoffed at his brother, before looking back towards Savina. "No problem here," he replied, pulling a smile out of thin air to try and dispel any indication that he really wanted to tackle his brother right now.

He looked to Sirius with that grin still plastered there, and decided to respond to his question despite the interjection from Savina. "Well, you’re here. I’m alive. You can run home now, traditore."

[/html]
[html]

"What? You wiked being shutted up in that room? You would wike something wike that, Polly. You's a freak. I gotted sick of it and runned away so no one could keep me locked up any more!"

Of course, Sirius hadn't known all of the story, about their grandmother being crazy and about Naniko and Lucifer trying to protect them by keeping them in there...all he knew was that he hadn't liked it, and that he'd been bored all the time. She hadn't even left them anything to do in there.

He looked to the female, having forgotten that she was standing there. "I do have a problem! Wiv his stupid mouth!"

[/html]
[html]

Savina looked at each pup and sighed. They were brothers alright. Only siblings fight like this. She would know, she and Ghita would get into rows like this all the time. "Hey, hey, hey now. I know you two are mad at eachother, but that's no way to talk." The female decided to switch back to English, though it was still obvious she was an Italian at heart. She shot glances at both of the pups, letting them know it was time to settle down. The wolfess wanted to make them talk through their problems civilly, but she knew at this point it would be a lost cause.

Perhaps playing a game would be the better thing to do. Make the two youngsters focus on something else for now. Then maybe after their tempers had cooled she could help them talk through their differences. A smile broke its way back onto the female's muzzle. "Now, wouldn't you two rather play a game instead of all this silly bickering? I know I would." Her emerald eyes shimmered as she looked at the pups. "But before that, we haven't properly introduced ourselves. My name is Savina, and it is very nice to meet the both of you." She nodded her head at each of them. "Now Apollo, Sirius, are there any games that either of you would like to play with me?"

[/html]
[html]

Apollo looked away from his brother, rolling his eyes with impatience. His brother was always itching to get away from where ever he was. The room they had been shut in had been a precaution for their health. Sure it wasn’t all that exciting and Apollo had felt a little sick of it in there, but he clearly didn’t feel the need to break out. Sirius on the other hand was always trying to fight his way out of wherever he was. He wasn’t surprised he had come back to Twilight Vale. He was probably already tired of Shadowed Sun.

He let his brother’s insults bounce off of him, acting as if they meant no harm. He would put up a tough front and deny that they had done any damage, but really they stung a little. He just didn’t realize it.

"I don’t want to play a game with him," Apollo told Savina, not bothering to look in his brother’s direction. "What would we play anyways?"

[/html]
[html]

English always felt more natural to him, the base language that he translated inside his head into French or Itallian. He loved French a lot, almost as much as English, with Itallian coming in third. Sirius didn't know that it wasn't really normal for a wolf to grow up knowing so many different languages; Nani had made it seem like it was natural. Some of the time she had spoken to him it was in English, but most of the time it had been in French, sometimes in Itallian. He'd delighted in being able to answer her--it was like finding the answer to a riddle.

When she said her name he nodded. He would be nice to her...she had been really nice, he supposed, trying to help him find Apollo. "I'm Sirius Revlis...and you's right...he is Apollo Haddon. But he don't want to live with daddd, for some reason...even though he was lucky. He got Dad's last name...I got grandpa's." Nani had told him all about Physe, how Physe had taken care of both his mother Dierdre and Naniko when they were younger. "I want to pway. Sometimes Nani pwayed...uhhh...da hide-and-seek game with me! And we did waces, twying to see who was faster"

[/html]
[html]

The two little ones still weren't quite happy yet, but at least she had gotten them to calm down a little. Even though Apollo didn't show it, the femme knew that it must have been hurtful to have his brother say such things to him. She would talk to the young one about it later when they were alone. The Corvus wanted to make sure that he wouldn't let it eat at him and hurt him more. She turned to Sirius. "Well Sirius, you two are growing up and sometimes siblings split apart and don't stay with their parents. My brother left my old pack to take out on his own when he was grown up. I don't think it is something either of you should take personally." She gave both of them a soft smile.

"Well, how about we play a game where the two of you don't have to really be around each other. Hide and seek is a good game for that. I think we'll save the races for another time, I don't think I'd be much good at them at the moment." She nodded her head back at her bandaged leg. "How about you two hide and I will look for you? Does that sound like fun? Would that be alright with you Apollo?" Savina looked at the pup with the mismatched eyes, knowing he was the one she would really have to convince.

[/html]
(318)[html]

Apollo’s only objection was that Sirius had suggested the game. But he swallowed those complaints and nodded his head in agreement, "Alright." He didn’t bother to respond to what she had said beforehand about siblings growing apart, but he knew it was true. It had always been true. Apollo had been born was an unusual personality and he had never been one to spend much time with the other pups. It wouldn’t surprise him if eventually he became more and more distant. Especially since Sirius’ tendency to be so outgoing all the time seemed to rub the white pup the wrong way.

"You hafta count while we go and hide," he informed Savina, in case she was unaware of the rules. He looked at Sirius with a sneer and turned and ran. His paws felt awkward beneath him as they raked at the soft dirt. In his youth he had plenty of energy to propel himself forward. The lack of length in his legs, however, hampered his stride. Either way, the pup managed to put some distance between him and Savina. He was going to make sure that Sirius was found before him!

He ducked behind the nearest stand of trees, crashing through the underbrush and trying to find a good place to hide from the two. His breath heaved out of his lungs quicker than before and he could feel the adrenaline leaking in his veins. It was a great feeling – this feeling of being chased, of anxiety, of excitement. His mismatched eyes searched for a hole or easy place to hide within. He knew his brightly colored coat would only add a disadvantage. He dropped to his stomach and wriggled under a broad bush full of small red berries. It was good enough, he figured. He grinned to himself, his blood pounding loud in his ears so that the rest of the world had gone mute.

[/html]
[html]

Apollo was already off and running and Sirius watched him for a moment before looking back to Savina. "You gots to keep your eyes closed!" He made sure that she had them shut before he turned away, running in the opposite direction of Apollo. He didn't want to be anywhere near his brother when Savina came around--if she found Apollo first he could make fun of his brother for having found a really stupid hiding place.

He came to a dead tree, the perfect hiding place, and climbed inside of the trunk, up farther into it, his head sticking out one of the holes where a branch used to be. He was around ten feet off the ground, back paws resting on an inside ledge inside the hollow tree, green eyes surveying the surroundings. He could see where Savina was, distantly. Would she think to look up?
[/html]
[html]
I'm not sure if "finding" you counts as PP, so tell me if it does and I can change my post. Also I'll stop after going after Sirius to give him time to react and such.
wc 308

The two-year-old smiled as she shut her eyes and began to count while Apollo and Sirius took off to find hiding places. "1...2...3...4...5..." She could hear their little paws pounding off in completely different directions. She knew that would be what they would do and she couldn't help but laugh in her head. "6...7...8...9..." The sound of scrambling and running had stopped. All she heard was the quiet chirping of birds in the nearby trees. "10! Ready or not, here I come!" She opened her bright green eyes and stood there for a second as she let them re-adjust to the sunlight. Savina looked to either side of her where she had heard to the two running off. "Oh I wonder why they went." The female said loudly, a smirk plastered on her face.

Savina set her nose to the ground and began to sniff around. She knew where both of their scent trails went, but she decided to follow Sirius' first. The ebony wolf wanted to give Apollo a confidence boost, since she could tell the Sirius definitely wasn't lacking in that department. Slowly she followed Sirius' scent across the grounds. The femme came to the dead tree and knew that he had crawled into it, but she decided to walk around it for a bit, looking under bushes and shrubs. After a minute or so she returned to the hollow tree trunk and stuck her head inside it. "I think I smell Sirius in here, but I can't see him!" Savina could dimly see the outline of the pup's body, and noticed she couldn't see his head. She backed herself out of the tree and looked up and saw his little head sticking out of a hole. "I found you! Come on down Sirius!" The jet-black wolf smiled and wagged her tail at the tan-colored pup.

[/html]
[html]

The branches of the bush scraped and poked at his back and shoulders, but he barely even noticed that. Instead he had his eyes fixated on Savina and the tree where Sirius had fled off to. Apollo’s hiding place wasn’t that great – they’d find him sooner or later – but he grinned when Savina located Sirius first. Apollo’s hiding place wasn’t any more superior to his brother’s, but he would pretend it was anyways. His brother had been found! He had not! Kudos to him. A grin spread across his lips.

He held his breath, feeling his chest move up and down against the ground. With each breath his right shoulder blade poked into some of the berries, smearing red juice in his white fur. He would hold his breath for a few moments, trying to stay absolutely quiet and still. Then he would have to breathe again before he started the process over. The thrill of being hidden still pumped through his veins.

[/html]
[html]

He couldn't believe that he'd been found first. Then again, Savina was an adult...she could probably follow his smell. He wasn't very good with his nose, though he'd be the last to admit it, but he got along all right. She must've been really good with hers, to be able to follow his smell even amongst the scent of the half dead tree. Sirius climbed back down, scooting backwards and out through the hole in the bottom.

"I'm comin', I'm comin'.." He grumbled, moving to stand beside her. "I'll help you find Apollo."

[/html]
[html]

Savina smiled broadly at Sirius as he scooted his way back to the ground and came to stand beside her. She put one ebon paw on top of his head and mussed with the fur there. "Alright then, lets go find Apollo! I wonder where he could be?" The sable lady lowered her head to the ground to begin to sniff the other sibling out, giving Sirius a wink of one emerald eye, as if to say "This is how it's done". With her nose to the ground she walked back to her starting place, where she would pick up Apollo's scent.

The Italian wolfess walked slowly, tan pup in tow, knowing that Apollo's anticipation must be rising. Soon she came up to a strand of trees surrounded by underbrush. She knew that he must be in there, but she decided to slowly walk the perimeter, waiting to see if the little male would make a noise. Her ears pricked forward, waiting for any kind of sound. Soon a soft rustling caught her senses and she crept forward, putting her head into the bushes. Her green orbs were staring right into the mismatched eyes of Apollo. "Found 'ya!" Savina said, smiling happily at the pup, her tail wagging behind her. The femme backed herself out of the thicket, waiting for Apollo to follow. "Okay, who wants to be seeker next?"

[/html]